PDA

View Full Version : 4U2NV's Mock Draft - 1st attempt

4U2NV
03-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Alright, I just finished my first mock for 2011, let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure I've pissed off some people with some selections but I'm going out on a limb and have some gut feelings about certain picks (Miami and Minnesota being two)

1. Carolina Panthers – QB Cam Newton, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos – DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills – OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati Bengals – DE Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson
5. Arizona Cardinals – CB Patrick Peterson, LSU
6. Cleveland Browns – DT Nick Fairley, Auburn
7. San Francisco 49ers – QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri
8. Tennessee Titans – DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina
9. Dallas Cowboys – CB Prince Amakumara, Nebraska
10. Washington Redskins – WR A.J. Green, Georgia
11. Houston Texans – DE/OLB Aldon Smith, Missouri
12. Minnesota Vikings – QB Jake Locker, Washington
13. Detroit Lions – DE/DT J.J. Watt, Wisconsin
14. St. Louis Rams – WR Julio Jones, Alabama
15. Miami Dolphins – OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
16. Jacksonville Jaguars – DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
17. New England Patriots – DE/OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA
18. San Diego Chargers – OT Nate Solder, Colorado
19. New York Giants – OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DE Justin Houston, Georgia
21. Kansas City Chiefs – OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin
22. Indianapolis Colts – DT Cory Liuget, Illinois
23. Philadelphia Eagles – OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State
24. New Orleans Saints – CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado
25. Seattle Seahawks – CB Brandon Harris, Miami
26. Baltimore Ravens – WR Torrey Smith, Maryland
27. Atlanta Falcons – DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State
28. New England Patriots – RB Mark Ingram, Alabama
29. Chicago Bears – DT Stephen Paea, Oregon State
30. New York Jets – DE Allen Bailey, Miami
31. Pittsburgh Steelers – OT/G Benjamin Ijalana, Villanova
32. Green Bay Packers – CB Aaron Williams, Texas

TitanHope
03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
BPA which is also a position of great importance? You bastard...

I'd be stoked with Quinn. Now, I think the pick will be a QB, but that's more or less what I think they'll be forced to do. Personally, I hope they go BPA on defense in the 1st RD, QB in the 2nd RD, and OG/OC in the 3rd RD. So good job from me!

T-RICH49
03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
no to Carimi.even tho not a need I could see Ingram being a possibility if he fell to 21.Thomas Jones is done and Ingram would be a perfect compliment to Jamaal

coordinator0
03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Torrey Smith is growing on me for the Ravens first pick. I think I'd still prefer Baldwin if we're going with a WR, but both would be good fits.

TNPatsFan
03-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Alright, I just finished my first mock for 2011, let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure I've pissed off some people with some selections but I'm going out on a limb and have some gut feelings about certain picks (Miami and Minnesota being two)

If you've pissed off some people then you know you're on the right track.

The Patriots draft is probably not going to get you high scores. Ayers does not appear to be a very good fit. I won't be shocked if they take him, but I'd be shocked if they take him at 17.

As for Ingram, first of all I don't believe there's any way he lasts that long. But if he did I could envision the Pats taking him if he's the highest player on their board even if they have bigger needs to fill at that spot.

DiG
03-04-2011, 01:59 PM
fap fap fap

shylo3716
03-04-2011, 02:02 PM
#23 = Brandon Harris

Babylon
03-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Not a fan of Pouncey and Torrey Smith going that high but basically i think it's pretty accurate. Not sure what will really happen with Newton but he'd probably sell tickets.

Ward
03-04-2011, 02:49 PM
4U2NV is the man. Mock well done.

txparkes49x
03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
If Amukamara isnt there, then Gabbert is the pick. But he is

rawdawg
03-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I like Paea a lot. But with NYJ, PIT, and GB at the end of the 1st and a bunch of 3-4 teams atop the 2nd, I think the Bears could trade down to the mid-to-late 30s and get him if he's on the board at 29.

prock
03-04-2011, 03:56 PM
That's a reach for Locker, but I dig it.

Monomach
03-04-2011, 03:57 PM
29. Chicago Bears – DT Stephen Paea, Oregon State

I'm very much against the Bears taking a DT in the first. That being said, I wouldn't riot if we took Paea. He's pretty sexy.

4U2NV
03-04-2011, 04:10 PM
If you've pissed off some people then you know you're on the right track.

The Patriots draft is probably not going to get you high scores. Ayers does not appear to be a very good fit. I won't be shocked if they take him, but I'd be shocked if they take him at 17.

As for Ingram, first of all I don't believe there's any way he lasts that long. But if he did I could envision the Pats taking him if he's the highest player on their board even if they have bigger needs to fill at that spot.

Thanks for the input. I admit that I'm not a huge follower of the Pats so don't have a great sense of their needs which is one of the reasons why I plan to do a couple more of these before April 28th when I have a better idea.

As for Ingram, I wanted to place him higher, but I just don't see many fits. Miami could take him and that's where I see him mocked all over the place, but I suspect that we'll go after DeAngelo Williams instead making the need for a 1st round RB non-existent. The Giants could be a potential landing spot as well but it looks like they want to re-sign Bradshaw so I don't think they'd look for a RB until at least Round 2. All the other teams seem set at the position so Ingram fell. The Pats taking him at 28 would simply be a case of going BPA but I could also see a fit for him there and with two picks in the 1st round, he could be a luxury they can afford if he's still on the board.

RaiderNation
03-04-2011, 04:20 PM
I dont think Ayers stock is that high, especially after the combine where he only posted a 4.8 40

Mike Pouncey isnt near as talented as Maurkice, I think he is more of a late 1st/early 2nd type prospect at this point.

Overall very interesting mock though

A Perfect Score
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Torrey Smith is growing on me for the Ravens first pick. I think I'd still prefer Baldwin if we're going with a WR, but both would be good fits.

Torrey Smith >>> Baldwin. Significantly. Id be stoked if we got Smith.

4U2NV
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
I dont think Ayers stock is that high, especially after the combine where he only posted a 4.8 40

Mike Pouncey isnt near as talented as Maurkice, I think he is more of a late 1st/early 2nd type prospect at this point.

Overall very interesting mock though
I just read the thread about Ayers falling stock, I had this mock in the works a few days ago so I wasn't fully up-to-date and will no doubt change that.

I think Pouncey is a bit of a reach at 15 also, but he fits the biggest need for Miami, IMO. Our interior line is garbage and without mocking any trades I think he's the best fit, but I would ideally like to see the Dolphins trade down into the mid-20s and be able to select him there.

wicket
03-04-2011, 04:38 PM
if jimmy smith to the saints is not a joke im curious about the explanation although I really cant think of any that would make it even a remotely logical pick

RaiderNation
03-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I think Pouncey is a bit of a reach at 15 also, but he fits the biggest need for Miami, IMO. Our interior line is garbage and without mocking any trades I think he's the best fit, but I would ideally like to see the Dolphins trade down into the mid-20s and be able to select him there.

He definitely does fit your guys need at guard, I can see you guys trading down a few spots maybe picking up a 2nd so you can draft a RB earlier than the 3rd round.

21ST
03-04-2011, 05:01 PM
I pray every night that the redskins really get AJ Green

coordinator0
03-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Torrey Smith >>> Baldwin. Significantly. Id be stoked if we got Smith.

I know you dislike Baldwin with a passion :D. Either would be a tremendous addition to the receiving corp, and Smith is probably the more likely candidate for the Ravens, but I like the all-around potential of Baldwin a lot.

dan77733
03-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Hate the 49ers pick. Selecting Gabbert over Prince or Green would suck big time.

49erNation85
03-04-2011, 08:04 PM
If Amukamara isnt there, then Gabbert is the pick. But he is

Hell with that crap,I would rather take Locker instead.You really think Gabbert can overcome being in a spread offense like Bradford did?

thebow305
03-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Eh, 15 is a little too early for Pouncey. Mark Ingram please!

StrikeAnywhere
03-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Denver's pick is good my friend. Can't go wrong with Dareus, Quinn or Peterson... If we had a 3 sided coin we could just flip it as soon as Carolina's drafted and walk up to the podium with whatever name comes up. :)

Borat
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Whoa. 4U2NV is back? Cool.