PDA

View Full Version : Cashmoney's Two Round 2012 Mock Draft

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Alright, for whatever reason I'm bored with this year's draft so I'm going to try something different. I'm going to do a mock draft using this year's draft order and keeping the team needs the same while using 2012 prospects. So just pretend like the 2011 draft isn't going to happen. ;)
Constructive criticism is welcome, and if I have any misspellings or factual errors you can point those out too. Otherwise, don't be a douche.
Also, not doing any trades. Underclassmen at my discretion. Yadda yadda yadda......

Raiders fans: I get what you guys are saying but I'm still going with the Patriots having your first pick. 2012 prospects in 2011. Just like that. Enjoy your 2nd round pick.

ROUND ONE

1) CAROLINA - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Carolina grabs the best player in the draft and "duh" starts winning.

2) DENVER - Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State
I wanted to give them a d-lineman here but I'm not sure any of them stand out yet. Burfict gives them something they've sorely missed on defense sense Al Wilson left. Attitude.

3) BUFFALO - Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Buffalo nabs the best lineman in the draft and gives Fitzpatrick a little more time, literally and figuratively.

4) CINCINNATI - Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
With Palmer intent on not playing another down for the Bengals, Cincinnati grabs a new QB to be the face of the franchise.

5) ARIZONA - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Arizona needs a QB so they grab the best one left. They don't let the aftertaste of Matt Leinart sour them on taking another QB prospect from Troy.

6) CLEVELAND - Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina
Maybe not the speed Cleveland could use at wideout, but definitely a stud who will give Colt McCoy some help and open up the box for that man-beast Montario Hardesty to run through the middle.

7) SAN FRANCISCO - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
San Fran could use a franchise signal caller but they don't need to force it here. Instead they nab some much needed secondary help.

8) TENNESSEE - Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
Like the 49ers the Titans don't force the QB pick and grab some much needed talent for their linebacker spot.

9) DALLAS - Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Dallas tries to round out their offensive line and grabs a good one in the process.

10) WASHINGTON - Trent Richardson, HB, Alabama
The Redskins need help in a lot of places, but with the recent release of their second all-time leading rusher they grab a fantastic replacement in Richardson who could probably go a little higher.

11) HOUSTON - Kenny Tate, S, Maryland
This might be a little high for Tate but the Texans have always needed safety help and he's the type of guy who will be a fast riser on the boards after the combine and pro days.

12) MINNESOTA - Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State
I don't personally think Pryor should go this high and I know Minnesota fans will probably be upset with this, but I do think someone will take Pryor in the 1st when he comes out. I could see it being the Vikings.

13) DETROIT- Shane Skov, LB, Stanford
Detroit needs help at a lot of spots on defense and this is a great start.

14) ST. LOUIS - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
An excellent target for Sam Bradford to continue growing as a QB.

15) MIAMI - Cyrus Gray, HB, Texas A&M
Some youth at runningback since Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown are getting long in the tooth.

16) JACKSONVILLE - Janzen Jackson, S, Tennessee
Much needed safety for the Jags who also offers enough versatility to play corner if needed.

17) NEW ENGLAND- Donte Paige-Moss, DE-LB, North Carolina
The Pats definitely need help here. Boom or bust type of prospect.

18) SAN DIEGO - Manti Te'O, LB, Notre Dame
San Diego could use some help at linebacker and Te'O has experience in a 3-4 front.

19) NY GIANTS - Quinton Coples, DL, North Carolina
A guy that can play on the outside and the inside. Seems like a Giants type of player.

20) TAMPA BAY - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Purely a projection pick at this point. Not sure he's done enough to be considered a first rounder yet but if he has a good junior campaign this is possible. Helps out those young DTs on the inside.

21) KANSAS CITY- Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
A solid young team that just needs a few more pieces here and there. Blackmon is one of those pieces.

22) INDIANAPOLIS - Tank Carder, LB, TCU
The Colts definitely have bigger needs in the offensive line and secondary, but I'm not sure they can pass on a beast and defensive leader like this.

23) PHILADELPHIA - Alfonso Dennard, CB, Nebraska
The Eagles get a steal and a great lock-down corner late in the first.

24) NEW ORLEANS - Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska
A versatile lineman that could probably play a couple of different roles for the Saints on a line that could use some talent infusion.

25) SEATTLE - Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State
Seattle has some early picks invested in the secondary and at linebacker. Looks like they could use a lineman to tag team with Mebane.

26) BALTIMORE - Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
This is definitely Derrick Mason's last year and T.J. Houshenvmaiezllia isn't exactly in good standing. Baltimore could use a dose of speed, quickness and youth at wide receiver.

27) ATLANTA - Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
I wasn't sure if I should go corner or d-line so I just basically flipped a coin. Enjoy your physical corner Atlanta.

28) NEW ENGLAND - David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
A replacement for Logan Mankins. Even if Mankins stays, the Pats could use some more talent to protect Brady.

29) CHICAGO - Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
Even though this unit played much better down the stretch, the Bears could still use some talent in the trenches. Reiff would be an interesting pick that could allow Chris Williams to stay at guard.

30) NY JETS - LaMichael James, HB, Oregon
LDT is done and the Jets could use some speed to compliment Shonn Greene at runningback.

31) PITTSBURGH - Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
Pittsburgh adds a mammoth on their line.

32) GREEN BAY - Mike Martin, DL, Michigan
A team without a lot of needs takes a tenacious defender that they can bring along slowly.

ROUND TWO

33) NEW ENGLAND - Jamarkus McFarland, DL, Oklahoma

34) CINCINNATI - Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

35) DENVER - Marcus Forston, DT, Miami

36) BUFFALO - Bruce Irvin, LB, West Virginia

37) CLEVELAND - Mark Barron, S, Alabama

38) ARIZONA - Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida

39) DETROIT - Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina

40) SAN FRANCISCO - Robert Lester, S, Alabama

41) TENNESSEE - Nick Foles, QB, Arizona

42) DALLAS - Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

43) WASHINGTON - Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State

44) HOUSTON - Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama

45) MINNESOTA - Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State

46) DENVER - Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia

47) ST. LOUIS - Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri

48) OAKLAND - Nate Potter, OG, Boise State

49) JACKSONVILLE - DeVier Posey, WR, Ohio State

50) SAN DIEGO - Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

51) TAMPA BAY - Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma

52) NY GIANTS - Kevin Reddick, LB, North Carolina

53) PHILADELPHIA - Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida State

54) KANSAS CITY - Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU

55) INDIANAPOLIS - Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon

56) NEW ORLEANS - Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee

57) SEATTLE - T.J. McDonald, S, USC

58) BALTIMORE - Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State

59) ATLANTA - Orson Charles, TE, Georgia

60) NEW ENGLAND - Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas

61) SAN DIEGO - Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

62) CHICAGO - Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State

63) PITTSBURGH - Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

64) GREEN BAY - Knile Davis, HB, Arkansas

49erNation85
03-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Really a 2012 draft already , why?

Hurricanes25
03-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I'm bored with this years draft too for whatever reason. Never thought I would say that.

Anyways, LaMichael James would be a sexy pick next year for the Jets.

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Really a 2012 draft already , why?

If you're not going to take the time to read the first paragraph, then kindly GTFO of my thread. Please and thank you.

RaiderNation
03-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Raiders would have the #17 pick in the 2012 draft

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Raiders would have the #17 pick in the 2012 draft

Again, please read the first paragraph.

shylo3716
03-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Gilmore is a Top 15 prospect...........Like the idea of 2012 mock.

txparkes49x
03-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Dude i AKSDHFJHSDGFKGASJKDWUUIADGAGHDKLASDGHKASGDGSDWGUKY GWKDUAGDSGKJHSDGJKASDGUDKWGYKDUAKDYGWKGDKAUGKAWGDG KAWGDYAKWGUDGYWDKUAWYGDKUAWGYDKUAWGYDKAYWGDKUAWGDK UYAWGDKUYGAWK love this draft haha. it hurts to say but id love it

shylo3716
03-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Where is Vaughn Telemaque???????

OSUGiants17
03-05-2011, 02:26 PM
We don't need a DE/DT. Give us a LB round 1 and CB round 2

EDIT: LB choices(since Te'o, Skov, Kuechly and Burfict are all already gone :( makes me a sad panda)
Dont'a Hightower*
Correy Upshaw
Chris Gallipo
Travis Lewis

CB choices:
Chase Minnifield
Donnie Fletcher
Greg Reid
Jayron Hosley
Cliff Harris
Janzen Jackson
Xavier Rhodes
Brandon Smith

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Where is Vaughn Telemaque???????

Playing slap and pickle?

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 02:35 PM
We don't need a DE/DT. Give us a LB round 1 and CB round 2

EDIT: LB choices(since Te'o, Skov, Kuechly and Burfict are all already gone :( makes me a sad panda)
Dont'a Hightower*
Correy Upshaw
Chris Gallipo
Travis Lewis

CB choices:
Chase Minnifield
Donnie Fletcher
Greg Reid
Jayron Hosley
Cliff Harris
Janzen Jackson
Xavier Rhodes
Brandon Smith

Do you think those remaining linebackers offer better value in round one than Coples? Also, Janzen Jackson is gone before your first pick and Greg Reid looks to be a nickel back at the next level.

OSUGiants17
03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Do you think those remaining linebackers offer better value in round one than Coples? Also, Janzen Jackson is gone before your first pick and Greg Reid looks to be a nickel back at the next level.

Didn't see Jackson, my b. Regarding the LBs, WHY COULDN'T YOU LET TE'O SLIP ONE MORE PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yea idk if they're worth 19. What about Tank?

Babylon
03-05-2011, 02:39 PM
My take is next years group of tackles is far superior to this years, my best would be:

Kalil
Reiff
Martin
DeCastro (G)

Also Locker will most likely go to the Vikes this year so they wont have to err by taking Pryor.

OSUGiants17
03-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Giants draft should be:
round 1: Tank Carder
round 2: Cliff Harris

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 02:43 PM
My take is next years group of tackles is far superior to this years, my best would be:

Kalil
Reiff
Martin
DeCastro (G)

Also Locker will most likely go to the Vikes this year so they wont have to err by taking Pryor.

Yes, but with my scenario the 2011 draft never happened....

Did I at least get Seattle's needs correct?

SubNoize
03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
NE wouldn't have Oaklands 1st round pick in 2012 so if you're using this years order, Oakland would have the 17th pick.

Babylon
03-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Yes, but with my scenario the 2011 draft never happened....

Did I at least get Seattle's needs correct?

Safety and DE are two major needs, thanks.

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 02:51 PM
NE wouldn't have Oaklands 1st round pick in 2012 so if you're using this years order, Oakland would have the 17th pick.

Nah man, you guys are over thinking this. I'm using 2011's order for 2012 as if the 2011 draft and players never happened. Just go with it.

hawkeye123
03-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Seeing four Stanford guys in the first round makes me very happy :).

thenewfeature06
03-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Giants draft should be:
round 1: Tank Carder
round 2: Cliff Harris

Don't lie to yourself.

Coples is that dude.

Potter is a decent pick, give us a first!

coordinator0
03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
The Ravens won't be taking a TE in the early rounds for a while. Not after spending 3rd and 4th round picks on Dickson and Pitta last year.

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 03:27 PM
The Ravens won't be taking a TE in the early rounds for a while. Not after spending 3rd and 4th round picks on Dickson and Pitta last year.

I thought about that, but are Dickson and Pitta true number ones or are they better as compliments? I don't pretend to know but it's tough to pass on a potential stud.
I'll keep it in mind for next time though.

Don Vito
03-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I love your Pats mock.

vidae
03-05-2011, 04:39 PM
CMD you breautiful bastard, great KC mock. I love Blackmon and I could handle an OT in the second.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

TACKLE
03-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Although its a pretty silly to complain about a pick in this, I'll do it anyway. I just don't see the Ravens going TE due to the fact they spent two third round picks on Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta last year.

TitanHope
03-05-2011, 05:08 PM
I dunno about Keuchly, but erryone likes him, so I shall too. But if only Burfict fell... :(

You really like Foles! :D

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Meh, Foles is solid. I definitely would've rather had any of the other 3 QBs that went before our first pick but I wasn't going to be unrealistic and force them there. :(

Scotty D
03-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Impressive work putting out a 2012 two rounder. Did you mean to give the Lions two LBs? I'd rather have Kelechi Osemele in the second.

CashmoneyDrew
03-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Impressive work putting out a 2012 two rounder. Did you mean to give the Lions two LBs? I'd rather have Kelechi Osemele in the second.

Yea. I thought about giving you guys Kelechi but I just figured to take that next step the Lions need more help on D. I was also under the impression you guys could use two linebackers looking over your depth chart.

proshoota25
03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
greg childs <3

CJSchneider
03-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Nothing wrong with the NO picks, although I do hope we do enough to the front 7 this year so that we can look for a new RB next year.

asdf1223
03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
I like both the Seahawks picks, but i secretly wouldnt mind Kirk Cousins with the first pick. We need a QB of the future and Kirk Cousins is a really nice fit for the offence.

thebow305
03-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Gray would be a solid pick if we don't take Mark Ingram this April. Where is Ray Ray Armstrong? Not even in the first THREE rounds!? And no Brandon Washington? He's gonna be the top guard prospect.

I'd take him with out pick in the 2nd. Speaking out which, why don't we have a second rounder next year? Denver only had our 2nd rounder in last year's and this year's draft.

CashmoneyDrew
03-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Bow, take a deep breath and read the entire first post.

Razor
03-06-2011, 09:49 AM
I love the concepts of this mock draft! This Pats mock is pure sex.

T-RICH49
03-06-2011, 11:15 AM
CMD you breautiful bastard, great KC mock. I love Blackmon and I could handle an OT in the second.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Quoted for truth

prock
03-06-2011, 03:21 PM
You were right about one thing, Vikings fans are definitely upset with that pick.

wicket
03-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Nothing wrong with the NO picks, although I do hope we do enough to the front 7 this year so that we can look for a new RB next year.

what is it with everybodies obsession with early round running backs to the saints, if the front 7 was properly adressed I would want Reiff in that situation. A great tackle who can play both spots and prolly take over from an aging stinchcomb sounds great to me.