PDA

View Full Version : Jets agree in principle with Tuiasosopopopopopopo

hcbrad08
03-22-2007, 08:29 AM
I can't spell his name, I know that but the star ledger is reporting that the Jets have agreed in principle to a deal with 28 year old Marques Tuiasosopo. He 6-1 220 lbs the reasoning behind the signing is not bc they dont believe in Clemens but they want to promote competition and have someone with NFL experience on the bench with Clemens to help him develop. I don;t mind it not huge but i guess its important to our philosophy

Non_Sequitur
03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
3rd string QB. No more. No less.

Someone "with NFL experience" lol. If you mean experience watching the NFL game...

Crickett
03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh jeez, does this guy even want to play? He never got a chance in Oakland to show what he can do as a starting QB, so when he can finally leave, what does he do? He goes to a team where he won't ever get a chance to play. The heck?

frogstomp
03-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Oh jeez, does this guy even want to play? He never got a chance in Oakland to show what he can do as a starting QB, so when he can finally leave, what does he do? He goes to a team where he won't ever get a chance to play. The heck?

He got a chance in Oakland... he played like a 3rd string player. He played like a 3rd string player in practice, as well.

What do you want him to do, hold out until he gets a chance to start? At least this way he is getting paid.

Crickett
03-22-2007, 12:36 PM
He got a chance in Oakland... he played like a 3rd string player. He played like a 3rd string player in practice, as well.

What do you want him to do, hold out until he gets a chance to start? At least this way he is getting paid.

Well, I'm just thinking there are teams he could have gone to where he would have had a shot to ever get on the field. And the Jets aren't one of them.

princefielder28
03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Really an insignificant signing; he'll never see the field

Young Nasty Man
03-22-2007, 01:29 PM
He isn't anything special...he is a "veteran" I guess...but as princefielder said.......insignificant signing...

jetsfan3
03-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Well, I'm just thinking there are teams he could have gone to where he would have had a shot to ever get on the field. And the Jets aren't one of them.

Who would have thought Bollinger would start multiple games in 2005. I guess if another fluke sequence of injuries happen to 2 of our QBs, he gets chance.

frogstomp
03-22-2007, 02:26 PM

Trust me, there aren't. I'm sure he's happy to still be getting paid to be in the NFL, nevermind whether he's starting or not.

AlexDown
03-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I just remmeber playing him and he got sacked 3 times in a row. Not his fault though.

hcbrad08
03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I really agree with Frogstomp... he knew he wasn;t going to play anywhere maybe as carolina's backup but that's maybe it. At this point it seems like he is just a guy who wants to make 600 grand which in the scheme of things is a **** load and he'll basically just study and go through the motions (aka DO NOTHING That merits $600,000).

I don't mind him as a 3rd stringer bc he is what he is I think if you have a great 3rd string QB, you need that guy which means you have problems elsewhere with the QB position...Chad and Kellen will be fine and let us collectively agree to never say again that he'll never see the field so we don't put the brooks bollinger jinks of 2005 when we lost Chad and Fiedler in one game and Brooks actually saw the field...a lot of it. This news was just to wet our pallets a month before the draft there's not much else going on so I thought this would be somewhat funny to address.

With that said...Marques Tuiasosopo will be the best 3rd string QB in the NFL next year.haha

GiantRutgersFan
03-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Why did the jets sign him? Its gotta bring up a question about Clemens. Tyuasapppppooooo is a guy with some pedigree. IDK, but I would think if Clemens was coming along, they would just sign some random vet or UDFA for a 3rd string QB.

frogstomp
03-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Why did the jets sign him? Its gotta bring up a question about Clemens. Tyuasapppppooooo is a guy with some pedigree. IDK, but I would think if Clemens was coming along, they would just sign some random vet or UDFA for a 3rd string QB.

What? No he isn't. If Tuiasosopo was thought to have any chance of being a starting QB in this league, you would be a lot closer to spelling his name right than that pathetic attempt you offered forth.

You're such an idiot it hurts my head reading your posts. Please, next time you post, provide advil with it.

El$anDollah
03-23-2007, 11:56 AM
He is just an example to Chad and Kellen of what to NOT do in a situation.

portermvp84
03-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I hate him, he gets sacked like a bag of chips. We can't ever get rid of the ball. He's the kind of guy you sign for a practice squad fill in.