PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have NFL 2K3 for PlayStation 2?

dan77733
03-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm looking for the final roster update for 2K3 in Max Drive format. I have tried Gamefaqs, Operation Sports and have had no luck. Tried searching on google and yahoo and cant find roster update files whatsoever.

If anyone has the final roster update for NFL 2K3 in Max Drive format, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me a PM so I can then send you my email address in order for you to send me the file.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

BRAVEHEART
03-07-2011, 12:59 AM
2k3, why not 2k5?

dan77733
03-07-2011, 01:11 AM
I have the opening and final roster updates for 2K5 already. I need the final one for 2K3 so I can actually play the off-season. The default roster is horrible. And while I love 2K5, I can never play more than one season because the off-season is all screwed up and I dont like controlling all 32 teams.

BRAVEHEART
03-07-2011, 01:30 AM
I have the opening and final roster updates for 2K5 already. I need the final one for 2K3 so I can actually play the off-season. The default roster is horrible. And while I love 2K5, I can never play more than one season because the off-season is all screwed up and I dont like controlling all 32 teams.

Besides for the first round of the draft (QB,DE,LT, repeat) how is it screwed up?

Too bad you don't have 2k5 for x-box, I'd buy it off you.

J255979-11nine
03-07-2011, 01:37 AM

What?

And I never played any version prior to 2K5, but holy **** was that gameplay amazing. The off season however needed a little tweaking.

dan77733
03-07-2011, 02:08 AM
Besides for the first round of the draft (QB,DE,LT, repeat) how is it screwed up?

Too bad you don't have 2k5 for x-box, I'd buy it off you.

The FA wire never makes any sense. Teams sign players at positions that they dont need. The pre-season simulating is VERY slow and sometimes freezes. The schedule repeats every year. Also, career stats get screwed up. Players who get injured get released into FA which if you want, you can sign for cheap (if you know that they're good pre-injury), place them on IR and then have a cheap superstar the following year.

FINN's editor solves a lot of problems but also causes a few to where you're damned if you do, damned if you dont. I had 2K5 for Xbox years ago but once Finn cracked the coding for PS2, I switched over because I didnt play anything else on Xbox. It was basically just for 2K5 (and 2k4).

Dont get me wrong, I love 2K5 and still play it but there's just too many problems that I dont have the patience for. Gameplay wise, its excellent with the clipping glitch one of two major problems. The other being when you're in the playoffs. The CPU will start the backup QB despite the starting QB still being on the team and healthy. I have had that happen to me a few times. Luckily, with FINN's editor, you can get around it by checking the depth chart and making sur its set the way it should be. Or by controlling all 32 teams.

I even made a few rosters for 2K5 for Xbox and if you go to nfl2k5rosters.com, you'll see them.

I just dont have the time or patience to fix everything to the way I would want it to be. 2k3 wise, I can just pick one of the three teams I play with and start a franchise and can play for years and years without any problems. The only thing I do with 2K3 is that I simulate the season and just play the playoffs. Basically, I enjoy the off-season and act like im the GM and as long as my team gets in the playoffs, I keep playing.

2K5, I play one season and im done. Also, hate the photos for the fake players because they're actual photos of NFL players just different shades. That annoys me to no end.

Basically, if I could take 2K5's gameplay and add 2K3's depth chart and off-season, I would have my near-perfect game.

dan77733
03-07-2011, 02:13 AM
What?

And I never played any version prior to 2K5, but holy **** was that gameplay amazing. The off season however needed a little tweaking.

I agree 100%. No one favored and defended 2K5 more than I did on operation Sports to the point to where I was banned because I bashed Madden fanboys who kept posting on the 2K5 forum which pissed me off because if a 2K5 fanboy goes to the Madden forum, their topics/posts get deleted within minutes and can possibly be banned. It just wasnt fair. Let those who like either game stay on their own damn forum.

I still play 2k5 here and there but I dont have the time or patience to setup rosters like I used to especially since im picky as hell and want everything to be the way I want it to be. 2K3, I can just pick a team and play with very minimal editing before starting a franchise.

I actually want to make a 2K3 roster for 2k5 which is another reason why I need VC's final roster update. It will help me out there too.

Bosanac01
03-08-2011, 01:37 AM
I love the 2k series but Dan you're such a nerd.

They really need to start making the games again and kick Madden out.

BRAVEHEART
03-08-2011, 01:50 AM
The FA wire never makes any sense. Teams sign players at positions that they dont need. The pre-season simulating is VERY slow and sometimes freezes. The schedule repeats every year. Also, career stats get screwed up. Players who get injured get released into FA which if you want, you can sign for cheap (if you know that they're good pre-injury), place them on IR and then have a cheap superstar the following year.

FINN's editor solves a lot of problems but also causes a few to where you're damned if you do, damned if you dont. I had 2K5 for Xbox years ago but once Finn cracked the coding for PS2, I switched over because I didnt play anything else on Xbox. It was basically just for 2K5 (and 2k4).

Dont get me wrong, I love 2K5 and still play it but there's just too many problems that I dont have the patience for. Gameplay wise, its excellent with the clipping glitch one of two major problems. The other being when you're in the playoffs. The CPU will start the backup QB despite the starting QB still being on the team and healthy. I have had that happen to me a few times. Luckily, with FINN's editor, you can get around it by checking the depth chart and making sur its set the way it should be. Or by controlling all 32 teams.

I even made a few rosters for 2K5 for Xbox and if you go to nfl2k5rosters.com, you'll see them.

I just dont have the time or patience to fix everything to the way I would want it to be. 2k3 wise, I can just pick one of the three teams I play with and start a franchise and can play for years and years without any problems. The only thing I do with 2K3 is that I simulate the season and just play the playoffs. Basically, I enjoy the off-season and act like im the GM and as long as my team gets in the playoffs, I keep playing.

2K5, I play one season and im done. Also, hate the photos for the fake players because they're actual photos of NFL players just different shades. That annoys me to no end.

Basically, if I could take 2K5's gameplay and add 2K3's depth chart and off-season, I would have my near-perfect game.

Usually I'd only have the back up qb problem with my team (cpu seemed smart enough to start their own guys), and I could change that without a mod/editor.

I've never played the 2k games with Finn's, are they that much better? Have you seen the hex stuff they are doing with APF? Too bad I don't have those skills. Hopefully I get another 2k football game (doesn't have to be NFL) in the next 5-10 years.

hockey619
03-08-2011, 07:18 AM
I love the 2k series but Dan you're such a nerd.

They really need to start making the games again and kick Madden out.

I still have my 2k5 for ps2 and my 2k3 for ps2. ive never bought a madden, ive played it before with other people and im just stunned at how awful the gameplay is. Its really a shame that madden has such a serious monopoly on football games, so they can make as crappy of a game as they want.

ive also never been able to figure out the game cheat for different playbooks, never gotten it to work.

dan77733
03-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I still have my 2k5 for ps2 and my 2k3 for ps2.

You still have 2K3 for PS2? Do you happen to have the final roster update from VC as is in Action Replay Max Drive format?

dan77733
03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Usually I'd only have the back up qb problem with my team (cpu seemed smart enough to start their own guys), and I could change that without a mod/editor.

I've never played the 2k games with Finn's, are they that much better? Have you seen the hex stuff they are doing with APF? Too bad I don't have those skills. Hopefully I get another 2k football game (doesn't have to be NFL) in the next 5-10 years.

The backup QB problem happens with the CPU team that you play against in the playoffs. I had it happen in the Super Bowl against the Patriots and in the NFC playoffs with the Vikings. Those are the two I remember because it happened in the same season.

FINN's editor is a MUST in my opinion because you can get around the flaws of 2K5 with it plus you can edit so much stuff that cant be edited in-game. You can also get around the re-naming limit and the CAP limit. You can edit Draft Classes and even create classic rosters.

Go to nfl2K5rosters.com. You'll see so many rosters for Xbox, PS2 and PS3. Right now, im creating a 2002 roster in 2K5. I figure that if I cant play 2K3 itself, I mine as well play 2K3 in 2K5. The only negative for me is that I only play one season in 2K5 because I dont like controlling all 32 teams which is recommended by the majority of those who play 2K5.

I heard about the HEX editor for All Pro but I didnt like All Pro at all and if im going to edit stuff, I much rather edit 2K5.

BRAVEHEART
03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
The backup QB problem happens with the CPU team that you play against in the playoffs. I had it happen in the Super Bowl against the Patriots and in the NFC playoffs with the Vikings. Those are the two I remember because it happened in the same season.

FINN's editor is a MUST in my opinion because you can get around the flaws of 2K5 with it plus you can edit so much stuff that cant be edited in-game. You can also get around the re-naming limit and the CAP limit. You can edit Draft Classes and even create classic rosters.

Go to nfl2K5rosters.com. You'll see so many rosters for Xbox, PS2 and PS3. Right now, im creating a 2002 roster in 2K5. I figure that if I cant play 2K3 itself, I mine as well play 2K3 in 2K5. The only negative for me is that I only play one season in 2K5 because I dont like controlling all 32 teams which is recommended by the majority of those who play 2K5.

I heard about the HEX editor for All Pro but I didnt like All Pro at all and if im going to edit stuff, I much rather edit 2K5.

How difficult is it getting set up? Never felt like dealing with all the things that go into getting finns set up.

dan77733
03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
How difficult is it getting set up? Never felt like dealing with all the things that go into getting finns set up.

It's not difficult at all. Its actually pretty easy and straight forward. The last version he released was 4.0.0.41 which can be found on nfl2k5rosters.com.

There's plenty of rosters there too. I suggest downloading it and after you install the program, download any roster file and just mess around with it so you can get used to it.

You can also go to the 2K5 forum on OperationSports.com if you run into any problems.

BRAVEHEART
03-08-2011, 11:00 PM
It's not difficult at all. Its actually pretty easy and straight forward. The last version he released was 4.0.0.41 which can be found on nfl2k5rosters.com.

There's plenty of rosters there too. I suggest downloading it and after you install the program, download any roster file and just mess around with it so you can get used to it.

You can also go to the 2K5 forum on OperationSports.com if you run into any problems.

I'm on operationsports quite a bit, and I'm familiar with the rosters site too (just never went through with the process).

dan77733
03-08-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm on operationsports quite a bit, and I'm familiar with the rosters site too (just never went through with the process).

It's definitely time consuming as I have spent more time editing rosters for 2K5 than actually playing the game but if you have the time, its definitely worth it.

BRAVEHEART
03-10-2011, 12:02 AM
It's definitely time consuming as I have spent more time editing rosters for 2K5 than actually playing the game but if you have the time, its definitely worth it.

Tell me about it. I used to edit rosters by hand back in the day for 2k5. That game really changed my life when it came to sports gaming. I'm still pissed that EA and the league struck that deal. I'm even more mad that College Hoops 2k8 didn't get enough sales for 2k to continue making Choops games. Greatest college sports game EVER.

**** video games, I'm depressed.

dan77733
03-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Tell me about it. I used to edit rosters by hand back in the day for 2k5. That game really changed my life when it came to sports gaming. I'm still pissed that EA and the league struck that deal. I'm even more mad that College Hoops 2k8 didn't get enough sales for 2k to continue making Choops games. Greatest college sports game EVER.

**** video games, I'm depressed.

Yeah, I spent a lot of time editing 2K5 over the years too. I was pissed about the deal back then but six plus years later, I could care less.

And yeah, I read that College Hoops 2K8 was good but im not into college basketball games.

49erNation85
03-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm with you guys and I miss that game and it was the best before Madden got freaking money happy.I wish so bad that NFL would just let of the lisnces and make it a free for again.Hell even the dream cast football game was so better then Madden.I tend to tell my self I won't ever buy Madden but some reason I do because its the only football out there dam it to hell!Maybe 2k sports can make a killer NCAA game next year and prove they are tons better.I really think if Madden don't improve the game play or even presentation much into next I just won't buy it.I have MLB 11 the show to keep my busy as well as other games.May get into the Nascar game if its any good.

dan77733
03-16-2011, 03:25 AM
I'm looking for the final roster update for 2K3 in Max Drive format. I have tried Gamefaqs, Operation Sports and have had no luck. Tried searching on google and yahoo and cant find roster update files whatsoever.

If anyone has the final roster update for NFL 2K3 in Max Drive format, it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me a PM so I can then send you my email address in order for you to send me the file.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

If anyone has the final roster update in Codebreaker, Sharkport or Xport format, that would work for me as well.

And again, if anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.