Don Vito
03-08-2011, 12:37 PM
17) New England Patriots Anthony Castonzo, OT Boston College
28) New England Patriots Christian Ballard, DE Iowa
33) New England Patriots Jason Pinkston, OG Pittsburgh
60) New England Patriots Jordan Todman, RB Connecticut
74) New England Patriots Colin McCarthy, ILB Miami
92) New England Patriots Curtis Marsh, CB Utah State

I like Castonzo, there may be better picks but that is a solid choice. Aldon Smith would be nice.

The same can be said for Ballard, that's an OK pick and I could see it happening but it isn't the best pick. Ballard reminds me a bit of Ty Warren and he strikes me as a guy we like. Jimmy Smith would be tough to pass on if he fell that far.

33 is very early for Jason Pinkston and I don't really like him as a fit either, no thanks on that selection.

Todman is a decent pick but I'd rather wait on a running back.

Colin McCarthy would be a wasted pick, we don't need another ILB.

Curtis Marsh is not a bad pick at the end of the third.

DieHardDallasFanInDMV
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
A corner going first? DeAndre McDaniel in the 1st round? KC taking a rb with there first pick? Id rather have Burton or Jenkins in the 3rd.

DiG
03-08-2011, 01:02 PM
crappy crappy crappy 2nd round pick for the skins. passing on brooks reed for kaepernick would be worse than a vinny move.

BallerT1215
03-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice Bills Draft

T-RICH49
03-08-2011, 01:25 PM
while RB is not a need Ingram would be too good of value to pass on.most KC fans may not agrre but I love the Ingram pick

Matthew Jones
03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I can dig Castonzo at #17 overall if you're projecting Matt Light to leave (although it's doubtful he does, in which case think Aldon, Heyward, or Solder if you're dead set on OT.) Ballard at #28 doesn't make very much sense. I understand the Belichick/Ferentz connection and the team need for a defensive end but the Patriots have only drafted one player from Iowa (Mike Elgin) and I'm not sure Ballard really has the size or strength to anchor vs. double teams and control blockers at the line of scrimmage. He'd probably end up as more of a rotational guy. Cameron Heyward would be perfect there, he profiles as a two-gap defender. Way too high for Pinkston at #33, I was impressed when I saw him but someone like Mike Pouncey or Ben Ijalana makes a lot more sense if you're going offensive line. I'd consider Torrey Smith there too. Todman is someone I could see being the pick at #60. Colin McCarthy doesn't fit because the Patriots have Jerod Mayo and Brandon Spikes as their inside linebackers, with solid depth in Gary Guyton and Dane Fletcher. I think they'd take Watkins in a hurry. Marsh is decent but I think Black would be the easy pick at that point. My recommendations based on who's left:

1. LB Aldon Smith, Missouri*

1. DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.

2. C Mike Pouncey, Florida

2. OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova

3. OG Danny Watkins, Baylor

3. FS Ahmad Black, Florida

Grizzlegom
03-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Hate Newton and don't think he'll be there but if he was he would be a good pick. Big fan of Quizz, good picks.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Hmm lets see you give us Julio and Kaepernick, no problem with Julio but you can't tell me that is better than Cam Newton and Torrey Smith. Or more sensible JJ Watt or Julio and Brooks Reed or Mason Foster or Phil Taylor.

fed36
03-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Hmm lets see you give us Julio and Kaepernick, no problem with Julio but you can't tell me that is better than Cam Newton and Torrey Smith. Or more sensible JJ Watt or Julio and Brooks Reed or Mason Foster or Phil Taylor.

I can understand the unfavorable reaction to kaepernick - but i think it would be foolish for the skins to take newton or any other qb in the first round. There are too many holes on this team to take a QB in the first. When you use a first round on a QB - the pressure to put that QB on the field from the fans and media becomes greater and greater with each week. I think if the skins wait to take a QB till the second they can have him learn the system until he is ready to take over for Rex.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I can understand the unfavorable reaction to kaepernick - but i think it would be foolish for the skins to take newton or any other qb in the first round. There are too many holes on this team to take a QB in the first. When you use a first round on a QB - the pressure to put that QB on the field from the fans and media becomes greater and greater with each week. I think if the skins wait to take a QB till the second they can have him learn the system until he is ready to take over for Rex.

You are against taking QB's in the first because of holes, yet taking in the QB in the 2nd is even dumber. The success rates of 2nd round QB's is abusrdly low and Kaepernick is the last guy I'd expect to buck the trend especially since he to me is more of a 3rd-4th round pick. The fact is if we don't think there is a QB worth a first round pick we shouldn't touch one at all in the draft. Drafting a 2nd tier QB in the 2nd round as a prayer is such a waste of pick considering we dont' pick till the 5th.

Seasonticketholder
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Unless Mark Ingram fell to us, and Ryan Kerrigan and Cameron Jordan were both gone, the Saints are not taking a RB in round 1.

Give them either Cameron Heyward, Justin Houston or even Nate Solder here.

In round 2, if we have taken a DE in round 1, give us Phil Taylor. The grade on him will be too high to pass up.

In round 3, give us Dontay Moch and Bruce Carter (who I didn't see at all).

Bengals78
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I really do not like it beyond Green. At all.
Locker may just be the most overrated QB ever....or since Brady Quinn depending on who you ask.

Sheppard fills no spot for us. Rey is gonna move inside. Rivers has WLB down and we need a SLB. He is not a SLB

wicket
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
the Saints are not taking a RB in round 1.

Give them either Cameron Heyward here.

In round 2, if we have taken a DE in round 1, give us Phil Taylor. The grade on him will be too high to pass up.

In round 3, give us Dontay Moch and Bruce Carter (who I didn't see at all).

Fixed for me

prock
03-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Great Vikings mock

STsACE
03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Nice 1st rounder for the Browns.

Little different in the 2nd than what has been mocked to us, kinda liking it.

3rd round would be a lot better with a RT or an explosive type WR.

Very nice though overall for us.

49erNation85
03-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Love the 49ers draft but we NEED A QB by round or in round 3!!!Trade that RB in for Dalton or Stanzi and perfect draft.

proshoota25
03-08-2011, 09:53 PM
i would rip my hair out if that patriots draft happened

thebow305
03-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Wow, I would seriously splooge in my pants. Cammy Cam and Quizz... wow! +Rep!

J-Mike88
03-08-2011, 11:06 PM
FIRST ROUND
21) Kansas City Chiefs Mark Ingram, RB Alabama
For the most part, very solid, but this part, WTF?
Their biggest strength of the team is the 1-2 combo of Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones. They need help everywhere else almost but not RB.

fed36
03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
For the most part, very solid, but this part, WTF?
Their biggest strength of the team is the 1-2 combo of Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones. They need help everywhere else almost but not RB.

The value was too high - plus thomas jones is on the wrong side of 30 - charles and ingram would give kc this one two punch for the next 5 years.

drd23
03-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Pretty bad Ravens mock. You've given us slot receivers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds when the slot is the only WR spot we have decent depth. Carimi is a good pick if you assume we cant address OT before the draft (i.e. either re-sign Gaither or sign a FA)

Give us Moore in the 2nd and Edmund Gates in the 3rd

holt_bruce81
03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
I think a team that drafts Aldon Smith as a 3-4 outside linebacker is making a mistake. He's best as a Defensive End in a 4-3 scheme.

DiG
03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
You are against taking QB's in the first because of holes, yet taking in the QB in the 2nd is even dumber. The success rates of 2nd round QB's is abusrdly low and Kaepernick is the last guy I'd expect to buck the trend especially since he to me is more of a 3rd-4th round pick. The fact is if we don't think there is a QB worth a first round pick we shouldn't touch one at all in the draft. Drafting a 2nd tier QB in the 2nd round as a prayer is such a waste of pick considering we dont' pick till the 5th.

yes to all of this. you can't argue that the skins shouldnt take a qb in the 1st because they have too many needs then give them a qb in the 2nd round. its a completely flawed argument considering the success rate of first round qbs vs second round qbs. odds are that your wasting that 2nd round pick on a qb even more than if you had used a 1st. bottom line is either the skins love a qb prospect enough to see him as the future of the franchise or they dont. if they do they wont chance him falling to the 2nd round.

Poz51
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE=fed36;2546956]FIRST ROUND
3) Buffalo Bills Marcel Dareus, DE Alabama
34) Buffalo Bills Akeem Ayers, ILB UCLA
35) Cincinnati Bengals Jake Locker, QB Washington
42) Houston Texans Brooks Reed, OLB Arizona
46) Denver Broncos Kyle Rudolph, TE Notre Dame
68) Buffalo Bills Curtis Brown, CB Texas
73) Houston Texans Brandon Burton, CB Utah
81) Oakland Raiders James Carpenter, OT Alabama
92) New England Patriots Curtis Marsh, CB Utah State
94) New York Jets Chris Carter, OLB Fresno State[QUOTE]

Dareus in the first works for me, although I think Newton is still very tough for them to pass on at that spot if he is there.
Ayers in the second I dont see for 2 reasons initially, 1 - he plays too soft IMO to be a ILB in a 3-4, and 2 - I think he is more of a OLB type, and a 3 year project who reminds me alot of Derrick Johnson, and like Johnson his athletic ability is going to take time to develop and mature to a NFL level, where as in college he could us it to out do his opponents on the field. He does fit the bill on several levels including the size profile they are looking for, so it is not a horrible pick. I think they would have a hard time passing on the three players listed after him IMO.
I dont like Brown in the third, because I dont like his game tape, he has the physical tools and attributes, but I dont see the connection when the whistle blows, I have Marsh and Burton rated higher, Carter as a under rated player with he and Carpenter rated higher as well.
I like that the mock hits all three levels of the defense, and it is full of potential in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I just think there are better options in those 2 rounds.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
03-09-2011, 09:03 AM
The value was too high - plus thomas jones is on the wrong side of 30 - charles and ingram would give kc this one two punch for the next 5 years.

you're exactly right. i'm w/ T-RICH. the value is definitely there and i could see Pioli pulling the trigger on a guy that was #1 on his board. even if it wasn't a perceived "need". and most importantly, Thomas Jones is NOT the same RB he was with the jets. he is still kinda effective in the redzone, but he has lost 2 steps and is unable to break through first contact. he was force fed the ball on most occasions and only avg 3.7 YPC. JC was easily the only reason Jones was even mildly effective and was our running game was #1. can you imagine TJ trying to do this w/o JC? he'd look like we brought back 2.7