PDA

View Full Version : If we dont take Willis what do you guys think about Buster Davis?

Jagonsucker
03-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Of course everyone on here hopes we take Willis but lets say we do take Adams and get Buster Davis in the 2nd or even 3rd (if he drops that far). Davis is a great hitter and a leader. The only reason he is dropping is because of his 5'9" stature but this guy is going to be a great player. Do you think Detroit will draft him if we dont get Pwill?

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Of course everyone on here hopes we take Willis but lets say we do take Adams and get Buster Davis in the 2nd or even 3rd (if he drops that far). Davis is a great hitter and a leader. The only reason he is dropping is because of his 5'9" stature but this guy is going to be a great player. Do you think Detroit will draft him if we dont get Pwill?The concern with Buster Davis is his coverage skill... which is definately lacking. He's also not incredibly fast, which is a hit. Yes, he's a leader and a great tackler, but I can't seem the Lions targeting him over Willis, Harris, Beason or Waters.

Might just be me.

LionSmack
03-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't think I'd take him over Harris or Beason, maybe over Siler, but there are also half a dozen likely CB and DE prospects I'd take in the 2nd round over Davis.

I think if he drops to that 3rd round pick and the Lions haven't gotten a LB, then yes, for sure. Or, if they manage to pick up another 2nd rounder and they've addressed DE and CB, also yes.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't think I'd take him over Harris or Beason, maybe over Siler, but there are also half a dozen likely CB and DE prospects I'd take in the 2nd round over Davis.

I think if he drops to that 3rd round pick and the Lions haven't gotten a LB, then yes, for sure. Or, if they manage to pick up another 2nd rounder and they've addressed DE and CB, also yes.

Maybe 3rd... or even 4th (and only if those other players are off the board).

You said it, though... there are other CB or DE's I'd take over him.

ironman4579
03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
I like Davis alot, and if he was there in the 3rd or 4th and we haven't picked up A LB, then sure. But I certainly wouldn't take him over Harris or Beason, and as has been said, there are plenty of CB and DE's I'd take before him.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
I like Davis alot, and if he was there in the 3rd or 4th and we haven't picked up A LB, then sure. But I certainly wouldn't take him over Harris or Beason, and as has been said, there are plenty of CB and DE's I'd take before him.The end of this topic... everything true has been said.