PDA

View Full Version : Bucfan12 Mock 2.0

bucfan12
03-09-2011, 03:45 PM
After combine and a few pro days mock. Here we go.

1. Carolina: Cam Newton QB Auburn : I think management is going to make the wrong decision here and buy into the hype. High Risk High Reward type pick.

2. Denver: Marcell Dareus DT Alabama: Best DT in the draft and will anchor the line for the next 8-10 years.

3. Buffalo: Patrick Peterson CB LSU: Buffalo takes the best player on the board and have already said that is there method. Could play FS or CB and really help out McKelvin.

4. Cincinatti: AJ Green WR Georgia: They could go QB here with Gabbert, but I think they go the veteran route and get a deep threat.

5. Arizona: Von Miller OLB Texas Tech: BPA at this point and will fit their 3-4 defense perfectly.

6. Cleveland: Dequan Bowers DE Clemson: with the switch to the 4-3, they need a premeire pass rusher and Bowers will be an excellent start.

7. San Fransisco: Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri: Harbough will make this guy a franchise type and he is the only one in this class. Best QB in the draft, however it is a weak class though.

8. Tennesee: Nick Fairely DT Auburn: Tennessee hasn't had a force inside since Fat Albert, but hopefully Fairely doesn't come with the same baggage.

9. Dallas: Prince Amukamurah CB Nebraska: The Cowboys need a Safety in the worst way, but you can't pass on a shut-down CB, who I think compares well to Asomugah. Steal here.

10: Washington: Jake Locker QB Washington: Shanahan had his eye on Locker last year and they want to develop a young QB. Locker has talent, but he's very inconsistant.

11. Houston: RObert Quinn DE/OLB North Carolina: Switching to the 3-4, the Texans need secondary help and a pass rusher. Quinn is probably the BPA on the board right now so he has to be the pick.

12. Minnesota: Jimmy Smith CB Colorado: The Vikings main needs are QB and in the secondary. There isn't a franchsie caliber QB available so they take the ballhawking Smith.

13. Detroit Lions: Tyron Smith T USC: Finally the first O-Lineman comes off the board. Aldon Smith may be tempting, but they haven't had a healthy Stafford for 2 years, who is there 70 million dollar investment.

14. St. Louis: Julio Jones WR Alabama: This might be the easiest choice in the draft. Bradford needs a playmaker to throw to and Jones will be that guy.

15. Miami: Mark Ingram RB Alabama: Brown and Williams are FAs and they need a guy to carry the load. They might be stuck with Henne for another year, so why not take the pressure off him?

16. Jacksonville: Aldon Smith DE Missouri: Has the most upside in this draft as a pass rusher, but is raw as a RS SOph underclassmen. BPA on the board for the Jags.

17. New England: JJ Watt DE Wisconsin: New England can go either DE or OLB here, but I think they go with Watt here, who could be a great player for them for years.

18. San Diego: Cameron Jordan DE California: Cameron Jordan can fit in both defenses as a LDE 4-3 or a 3-4 5 tech DE. Will provide pressure in any scheme and is a BEAST.

19. NY Giants: Nate Solder T Colorado

20. Tampa Bay: Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue: Obvious selection as this is there biggest need and Kerrigan is the best DE on the board.

21. Kansas City: Justin Houston DE/OLB Georgia

22. Indianapolis: Muhamed Wilkerson DT Temple

23. Philadelphia: Akeem Ayers LB UCLA

24. New Orleans: Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa

25. Seattle: Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas (HUGE MISTAKE, but will happen).

26. Baltimore: Aaron WIlliams FS/CB Texas: Some believe he can be a more effective FS in the NFl. However, the Ravens could use help at both areas and he can play CB until Ed Reed retires.

27. Atlanta: Titus Young WR Boise State : They need someone to stretch the field and take pressure off Roddy White. Some compare him to Mike Wallace.

28. New England: Brooks Reed OLB Arizona: This guy is just a straight up football player and a Bill Bellichek type player. He will be a great pick here, very underrated.

29. Chicago: Anthony Costanzo T BC: Cutler needs some protection so he can actually finish the NFC Championship game next year.

30. NY Jets: Jonathon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh: Surround Sanchez with more weapons as Edwards could be cut.

31. Pittsburgh: Brandon Harris CB Miami

32. Green Bay: Torey Smith WR Maryland

Don Vito
03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
JJ Watt and Brooks Reed is pretty solid for the Pats. If Reed was the best OLB available at 28 and Castonzo was still available I'd rather take Castonzo then maybe try to get Reed or Wisniweski at 33.

J-Mike88
03-09-2011, 04:27 PM
32. Green Bay: Torey Smith WR Maryland
I'd be pleased with that, immediately upgrades our weakest position on the team, the return game.
Would have a couple years to learn to be a good wide receiver, and then he can take over when Donald Drives off into the sunset, and be our #3 or #4 WR behind Jennings, Jordyzzz, and maybe James Jones if JJ sticks around.

T-RICH49
03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
me like Houston

Babylon
03-09-2011, 05:35 PM
JJ Watt and Brooks Reed is pretty solid for the Pats. If Reed was the best OLB available at 28 and Castonzo was still available I'd rather take Castonzo then maybe try to get Reed or Wisniweski at 33.

Definitely would take Castonzo there at 28 because it isnt likely that the Bears, Jets, Steelers and Green Bay would target a 3-4 olb and all 4 could easily take the tackle. They then can take Reed at #33. That one seems obvious.

For the Seahawks dont like the Mallett pick all that much. Christian Ponder might fit the WCO better.

fed36
03-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Horrible pick for the skins - Locker is not a top ten pick. Shannahan might try to trade up into the late first to get him - but they will not take him with the #10 pick. Julio Jones or Quinn would be much better

49erNation85
03-09-2011, 09:01 PM
I still don't believe Gabbert will boom at QB in WCO style but who knows maybe JH is really that good ugh I dunno any more.

txparkes49x
03-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Peterson, Miller, and Dareus off the board.. its a tie between Amukamara and Gabbert. Idk he is growing on me but im still leaning Amukamara.

GoRavens
03-09-2011, 10:06 PM
aaron williams is a beast

Tom Hagger
03-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Bill Polian doesn't take DTs in the 1st round. It is almost a lock that the Colts will be going after a OT.

killxswitch
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Bill Polian doesn't take DTs in the 1st round. It is almost a lock that the Colts will be going after a OT.

Especially not 2nd round talents. And Carimi isn't even listed in this draft so I think that would be the obvious pick for the Colts at 22.

prock
03-10-2011, 09:51 AM
I would have to say Jimmy Smith is not a good pick at 12.

thebow305
03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Great Phins pick

Monomach
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Castonzo is a fine pick for the Bears, but I don't understand it when Carimi is still on the board.

killxswitch
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Castonzo is a fine pick for the Bears, but I don't understand it when Carimi is still on the board.

It's because people think he is a RT only. I mean he obviously must be, he's white and played for a Big 10 school known for running the ball. Surely he has slow feet and can't handle speedy NFL pass rushers.

akvikefan89
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I would have to say Jimmy Smith is not a good pick at 12.

Agreed. Only CBs I can see them taking there are Peterson or Amukamara.