PDA

View Full Version : STH Mock Draft 1.0 (no trades)

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 11:34 AM
1. Panthers--Blaine Gabbert, QB

--Jimmy Clausen is not the answer. The Panthers play in a division where Drew Brees, Josh Freeman and Matt Ryan are the rival team's signal callers. Until they solve the QB issue, they will not be able to consistently compete.

2. Broncos--Patrick Peterson, CB

--I know a lot of people have Bowers here and he could very well be the pick. But Peterson is the best player in the draft and is too good to pass up. He will help immediately against pass happy-San Diego and KC's Dwayne Bowe.

3. Bills--Cam Newton, QB

--Chan Gailey is probably an ideal coach for Newton. He will be patient and allow Cam the opportunity to grow in his system. I also think Buffalo would work well for Newton in terms of being a smaller market and not as media-crazed. He will be allowed to make a few mistakes on the field without the scrutiny he might get if he went to a larger market.

4. Bengals--Nick Fairley, DT

--With the top two quarterbacks off the board, the Bengals have to look to other areas to improve the team. The temptation here is to go with a WR, and I could see that possibility. But there will be plenty of WRs at the top of the second for them to consider. Here, I think the defensive-minded Marvin Lewis goes with Fairley as a guy he believes could be disruptive in the middle for his defense.

5. Cardinals--Von Miller, LB

--The Cardinals could use a dynamic presence on the edge to improve their pass rush. Miller is an exceptional athlete who should be a 10+ sack-a-year guy for a defense needing improvement in all three areas.

6. Browns--DaQuan Bowers, DE

--Again, I thought WR here just as I did with the Bengals. However, Bowers' value is too good here for the Browns to pass him up. Also, the Browns still have some young receivers they took pretty high and might want to continue to develop. Finally, they are making the switch back to a 4-3 defense and will need a stud DE to build the defense around.

7. 49'ners--Prince Amukamara, CB

--This pick might be slightly high for Prince but he's an outstanding CB and a guy who should provide the 49'ners secondary with the speed, physicality, and playmaking ability it has lacked. The Niners would love if Peterson or Miller or even Gabbert were here.

8. Titans--Marcell Dareus, DE/T

--There's no QB on the board so the Titans turn the attention to defense where they could use help anywhere they can get it. Dareus is a steal here to me. I like Dareus better than Fairley as I think he offers more schematic versatility. The Titans might also consider Quinn and should be wary of the Cowboys who could jump over them for Dareus should he still be on the board around this point.

9. Cowboys--JJ Watt, DE

--Doesn't "JJ Watt" just sound like the name of a real Cowboy! For Rob Ryan's defense, Watt provides a strong, athletic 5-tech who helps to solidify the Dallas' defense line. The Cowboys could opt for an offensive tackle here but I think Watt carries more value at this point.

10. Redskins--AJ Green, WR

--I cannot believe Green is still on the board and I doubt he will be here on draft day. The strange thing about the top 10 is that guys who could very well be considered for the top pick could also end up falling low. There's no clear cut #1 in this draft and so I think it will cause top 5 prospects to fall lower than expected. For the Redskins, Green provides a sure-handed big target who some consider to be the best prospect to enter the draft as his position since Calvin Johnson. There's no telling who will be throwing the football to him and the Skins will need to find a QB.

11. Texans--Robert Quinn, OLB/DE

--The Texans would love if Prince was still on the board. He's not so they go with the hybrid Quinn who could shine in Phillip's 3-4 defense.

12. Vikings--Cameron Jordan, DE

--Not flashy but a solid player who should solidify Minnesota's defensive line. This team is at its best when the four front is able to stuff the run and put pressure on teams. Jordan should help out and allow Ray Edwards to leave via FA.

13. Lions--Tyron Smith, OT

--A few years ago, the Lions took Gosder Cherilus out of BC. Thus, Anthony Castonzo might make some sense here. But the Lions believe that Smith has more upside and athleticism and take him to protect Matt Stafford's blindside.

14. Rams--Julio Jones, WR

--Come draft day, I think the Rams will have to trade up to get either Green or Jones. If Jones is still on the board, the Rams would be elated and would run to the podium with their pick. Jones provides Sam Bradford with a weapon that will only help him continue to grow as a QB.

15. Dolphins--Jake Locker, QB

--I know a lot of people have Mark Ingram going here. For me, that's too conventional and I just don't see it happening. First, the Dolphins will likely look to FA (should we have one) to fill their need at RB. Second, they do not seem very confident in Chad Henne. I could see them trading down actually and adding a second rounder where Colin Kaepernick might be an option. Mike Pouncey or a pass rusher like Aldon Smith could also be considered.

16. Jaguars--Ryan Kerrigan, DE

--The Jaguars could very surprise much like they did last year with Tyson Alualu and go in a different direction. But Kerrigan is a solid player who brings on every down. They'll need that type of player in a division where Peyton Manning is still playing at a high level. I would not be surprised to see Christian Ponder as the pick here.

17. Patriots--Anthony Castonzo, OT

--With some of the top DEs off the board, the Patriots fill their need at tackle with a local prospect. Castonzo should solidify the left side of their line.

18. Chargers--Muhammad Wilkerson, DE

--The Chargers are another team known for going in some non-conventional directions. The pick here makes sense though there might be some eyebrows raised over Wilkerson being taken this high. The Chargers might consider Aldon Smith as well to play opposite Shaun Phillips.

19. Giants--Martez Wilson, LB

--The Giants could take Mark Ingram here or address their needs on the offensive line. But, instead, they stick to their defensive mindset and take Wilson whose combine performance has enhanced his draft status.

20. Bucs--Justin Houston, DE

--The Bucs would love if Kerrigan is here. With Kerrigan off the board, they opt for Houston who they believe can provide the speed off the edge they are looking for on defense.

21. Chiefs--Aldon Smith, DE

--I know the Chiefs could use a NT but I think this is too high for Phil Taylor. They might also look at OL though Smith would provide them with a pass rusher to play opposite Tamba Hali.

22. Colts--Nate Solder, OT

--The Colts have to keep Peyton Manning upright and add some athleticism to an offensive line that has been in need of an upgrade for two or three seasons now. Solder will not only protect Manning's blindside but should help to open up holes for the running game.

23. Eagles--Brandon Harris, CB

--The Eagles love taking CBs and their blitz-schemes rely heavily on the ability of the their corners to hold up in man-to-man coverage. Harris solidified his spot as the third best CB in this draft and could actually go as high as #11. So the Eagles will be excited to land him here.

24. Saints--Mark Ingram, RB

--Okay, wicket, I did not plan it out this way. I think the issue is whether or not Miami takes Ingram. My gut is that they will not. I then think New England or New York could also snag him so I do not think he makes it here. But the picks fell this way and I have a very hard time seeing the Saints pass on him even with the re-signing of Pierre Thomas. Thomas will miss OTAs and is not expected to be ready until training camp. I expect Bush back but his role is separate from any other back on the team so he does not eliminate the likelihood of the Saints taking Ingram if he is still on the board. Ingram would be the BPA and would give the Saints a dynamic runner to pair alongside Bush, Thomas, and Ivory. You can never have too many good runningbacks and the Saints have proven that they would rather take the player they consider to be the best available than reach to fill a need (see Charles Brown/Robert Meachem/Patrick Robinson for a few examples).

25. Seahawks--Corey Liuget, DT

--Brandon Mebane is expected back but the Seahawks could still use some help on their d-line. Liuget is a classic 3-tech who can be disruptive at times.

26. Ravens--Jimmy Smith, CB

--The Ravens could use some youth and athleticism in their secondary. Smith makes sense here.

27. Falcons--Jabaal Sheard, DE

--Okay, so I could have gone Clayborn here. And he could very well be the pick. But with Justin Houston off the board, I could see the Falcons going with Sheard. Might seem like a bit of a reach but Thomas Dimitroff comes from that New England school of taking the player you feel can most help your team. Sheard is a competent rusher and a guy who could eventually supplant John Abraham as the team's top DE.

28. Patriots--Cameron Heyward, DE

--The Patriots stay true to their draft board and land the versatile Heyward here who just seems like a Bill Belichick type player. Heyward has the size and strength to play the 5-tech in NE's 3-4 defense. Though he's not the quickest guy off the edge, he is all-out hustle in pursuing the QB. Solid pick!

29. Bears--Gabe Carimi, OT

--So the self-declared best tackle in the draft falls lower than he might expect. The Bears, who need help on their OL, are very excited he's still on the board.

30. Jets--Rahim Moore, S

--What the heck?! Okay, I know the Jets could use help at OLB and also DE. But Rahim Moore is solid value here. I do not think Ayers fits into what the Jets would be looking for at OLB. And there's not a DE that jumps out at me for the Jets to consider. They could opt for Phil Taylor but I think Moore is a better value for them and fills a potential need in the secondary where Pool and Smith could both be on a different team next season.

31. Steelers--Mike Pouncey, OG

--An offensive line is all about continuity. Can you get more continuity than having two brothers on the same line?! Pouncey makes sense here for the Steelers who continue to improve their offensive line. The Steelers could also address needs in the secondary.

32. Packers--Aaron Williams, CB

--The defending world champions take a CB to close out round 1. With an offense capable of putting up points in bunches, most teams will have to throw the football just to keep up. You can never have enough cover guys and Williams adds to a talented secondary.

SECOND ROUND

33. Patriots--Akeem Ayers, LB

34. Bills--Christian Ballard, DE

35. Bengals--Jonathan Baldwin, WR

36. Broncos--Adrian Clayborn, DE

37. Browns--Torrey Smith, WR

38. Cardinals--Ryan Mallett, QB

39. Titans--Christian Ponder, QB

40. Cowboys--Marcus Cannon, OT

41. Redskins--Mikel Leshoure, RB

42. Texans--Phil Taylor, DT

43. Vikings--Ben Ijalana, OG/T

44. Lions--Ras-I Dowling, CB

45. 49'ners--Sam Acho, OLB/DE

46. Broncos--Stephen Paea, DT

47. Rams--Quinton Carter, S

48. Raiders--Derek Sherrod, OT

49. Jaguars--Colin Kaepernick, QB

50. Chargers--Leonard Hankerson, WR

51. Buccaneers--Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG

52. Giants--Orlando Franklin, OT

53. Colts--Marvin Austin, DT

54. Eagles--Danny Watkins, OG

55. Chiefs--Kyle Rudolph, TE

56. Saints--Brooks Reed, OLB

57. Seahawks--DeMarcus Love, OT

58. Ravens--Randall Cobb, WR

59. Falcons--Titus Young, WR

60. Patriots--Edmund Gates, WR

61. Chargers--Clint Boling, OT

62. Bears--Drake Nevis, DT

63. Steelers--Curtis Brown, CB

64. Packers--Jarvis Jenkins, DE

Third Round

65. Panthers--Sione Fua, DT

66. Bengals--Ricky Stanzi, QB

67. Broncos--DeAndre McDaniel, S

68. Bills--Jason Pinkston, OT

69. Cardinals--Brandon Burton, CB

70. Browns--Greg Jones, LB

71. Cowboys--Deunta Williams, S

72. Saints--Bruce Carter, LB

73. Texans--Johnny Patrick, CB

74. Patriots--Ryan Williams, RB

75. Lions--Daniel Thomas, RB

76. 49'ners--Andy Dalton, QB

77. Titans--Quan Sturdivant, LB

78. Rams--Kendall Hunter, RB

79. Dolphins--Rodney Hudson, OG

80. Jaguars--Mason Foster, LB

81. Raiders--DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB

82. Chargers--Davon House, CB

83. Giants--Jurrell Casey, DT

84. Buccaneers--Shane Vereen, RB

85. Eagles--Dontay Moch, LB

86. Chiefs--Greg Little, WR

87. Colts--DeMarco Murray, RB

88. Saints--Kenrick Ellis, DT

89. Chargers--Chris Carter, LB

90. Ravens--Allen Bailey, DE

91. Falcons--Lance Kendricks, TE

92. Patriots--Rashad Carmichael, CB

93. Bears--Jerrel Jernigan, WR

94. Jets--Jerrell Powe, DT

95. Steelers--Marcus, Gilbert, OT

96. Packers--Lee Ziemba, OT

killxswitch
03-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Did you hit the button too early?

Tom Hagger
03-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Did you hit the button too early?

Al Davis got annoyed at not having a first rounder and ended the draft at pick 14

SimonRath
03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
at least finish the 1st round or dont ******* post a mock..

GoRavens
03-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't respect the opinion of anyone who not only say's Jimmy Clausen "isn't the answer" but also say's Blaine Gabbert is. LOL, c'mon you fool, Jimmy Clausen is such a better prospect than Gabbert. Why draft/coach/train/pay a player like Clausen just to do the same exact thing with Gabbert.
I guarantee you, that if any QB in this draft starts as a rookie, they will have worse stats than Clausen did his rookie year.

xpmar9x
03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Wellll I like the Titans pick.

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
at least finish the 1st round or dont ******* post a mock..

Calm down! Don't be such an a**hole! Obviously, I did not intend to post an incomplete mock. I was working on a very sensitive laptop and the post was accidentally submitted before I was finished. I could not delete it so I just had to work on it as an edit.

Edit: Ah, a Falcons fan. Makes sense now.

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't respect the opinion of anyone who not only say's Jimmy Clausen "isn't the answer" but also say's Blaine Gabbert is. LOL, c'mon you fool, Jimmy Clausen is such a better prospect than Gabbert. Why draft/coach/train/pay a player like Clausen just to do the same exact thing with Gabbert.
I guarantee you, that if any QB in this draft starts as a rookie, they will have worse stats than Clausen did his rookie year.

I never said that Blaine Gabbert is the answer. I said Clausen is not. Thus, they are taking a QB. It does not mean that I believe in Gabbert. In fact, I have my own concerns and question marks about Gabbert and think he's a bit overhyped. Still, I've seen many overhyped guys go early.

SimonRath
03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
I never said that Blaine Gabbert is the answer. I said Clausen is not. Thus, they are taking a QB. It does not mean that I believe in Gabbert. In fact, I have my own concerns and question marks about Gabbert and think he's a bit overhyped. Still, I've seen many overhyped guys go early.

so you dont think Clausen is the answer, and you dont think Gabbert is the answer.. so then why draft Gabbert?

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 12:33 PM
so you dont think Clausen is the answer, and you dont think Gabbert is the answer.. so then why draft Gabbert?

Am I the Panthers? My mock is not based on what should happen but what I think could/might happen. Hell, if it was based on what I wanted to have happen then either Patrick Peterson or Marcell Dareus or DaQuan Bowers or Robert Quinn or even Ryan Kerrigan would fall to the Saints lap at #24.

Pat Sims 90
03-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Fairley would be fine but i dont see the Bengals passing on AJ Green if he is there.

Dont think the Bengals would draft Baldwin because they have been burned by Diva WRs in the Past. i would say give them a QB or OL in the 2nd.

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Fairley would be fine but i dont see the Bengals passing on AJ Green if he is there.

Dont think the Bengals would draft Baldwin because they have been burned by Diva WRs in the Past. i would say give them a QB or OL in the 2nd.

Fair enough. I think you make a good case about not taking Baldwin. The Bengals could also target a WR in FA like Sidney Rice so a QB or OL might make more sense in the second.

Monomach
03-10-2011, 12:37 PM
29. Bears--Gabe Carimi, OT

--So the self-declared best tackle in the draft falls lower than he might expect. The Bears, who need help on their OL, are very excited he's still on the board.

Oh, hell yes.

GoRavens
03-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Your logic is so flawed. Did you watch the Panthers?
Not only did Jimmy Clausen have some of the worst protection in the league, but hands down he has the worst receivers running routes for him. It's too quick to abandon ship on a 23 year old QB in the NFL. Especially when you don't think Gabbert is the solution either. It just makes absoultely no sense, in all honesty AJ Green, Pat Peterson, or Nick Fairley should be the #1 pick. Enough with this QB to Carolina horsecrap

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Your logic is so flawed. Did you watch the Panthers?
Not only did Jimmy Clausen have some of the worst protection in the league, but hands down he has the worst receivers running routes for him. It's too quick to abandon ship on a 23 year old QB in the NFL. Especially when you don't think Gabbert is the solution either. It just makes absoultely no sense, in all honesty AJ Green, Pat Peterson, or Nick Fairley should be the #1 pick. Enough with this QB to Carolina horsecrap

Flawed logic? Get over yourself! Some teams go with what is logical, some do not. This is the reason why the draft is always full of suprises. If teams did what we all believed they should, most mocks would be better than 90% accurate. That's not the case.

Also, as I told Simon, this mock is NOT a reflection of what I think Carolina should do but what I think they will do. You act as if I am the Panthers' GM. You can argue about giving up on a 23 year old. Let's not pretend that has not happened before. The Lions took Matt Stafford when they had already invested a second rounder in Drew Stanton. Who were the Lions receivers? Who were the offensive linemen? But the Lions felt Stafford was their guy.

If I am Carolina, I would go with either Patrick Peterson or Marcell Dareus. But let's not pretend that teams follow convention. Analysts are already talking up a QB and while I will stop short of calling it coercion, I will say that the league has shown tremendous influence. As quickly as Andrew Luck decided he was returning for his senior season, you saw the quick move to annoint the next QB. All of a sudden, Blaine Gabbert became a top prospect though it has taken time to elevate him up to the top of the draft. Same with Cam Newton. The way NFL Network and ESPN are building him up is a way to almost legitimize a belief that these players are worthy of being the #1 pick overall. I've seen this happen time and time again. Saying that Green, Peterson or Failey should be the first pick matters little if Carolina decides it wants to take a QB.

So call it crap....call it flawed logic....but I am sticking by the pick for now. And last time I checked, I am hardly the only person suggesting that the Panthers could take a QB first. Besides, the Panthers were going to take Andrew Luck so let's not act like the idea of them taking a QB #1 overall is that farfetched.

SimonRath
03-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Calm down! Don't be such an a**hole! Obviously, I did not intend to post an incomplete mock. I was working on a very sensitive laptop and the post was accidentally submitted before I was finished. I could not delete it so I just had to work on it as an edit.

Edit: Ah, a Falcons fan. Makes sense now.

terrible ******* Falcons pick.. 1st rounder for this guy? Really? I'd take Clayborn over him.

thebow305
03-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Nice Phins pick

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 06:52 PM
terrible ******* Falcons pick.. 1st rounder for this guy? Really? I'd take Clayborn over him.

I am sure you would. But would the Falcons go with Clayborn? I don't know. I think the ideal situation for the Falcons would be for Justin Houston or Ryan Kerrigan to be on the board. I doubt Kerrigan is there but Houston could be there.

I don't know that the Falcons would take Clayborn. Since taking Anderson, the Falcons have taken smaller edge rushers (see Biermann, Sidbury). I think those players fit better with what Mike Smith and Brian VanGorder like to do on defense. They like having quickness on the edges with ends who can get up field. Even when you go back to Smith's days in Jacksonville, you'll notice that his defenses rarely featured the 280+ defensive ends, sans Paul Spicer (see Hayward, McCray, Hawkins, and Wiley as examples). So, if you want to know my initial thinking here, it is that Clayborn does not seem to fit with the type of guys the Falcons have targeted at DE. He also does not offer the quickness off the edge they would desire.

Second, I know it is easy to think this would be a reach. Maybe it is but only a slight sense. But you probably felt the same way about Corey Peters last season and if someone had projected the Falcons taking him in the third as opposed to the fourth/fifth round where he had been projected, you would be upset. I HATE THE FALCONS. But I can give Dimitroff credit for having the guts to go with the guys he think will help his team regardless of where someone else might rank them. Again, that's that Bill Belichick philosophy.

Finally, Sheard is not a terrible pick. While I can acknowledge that it is a bit of a slight reach, I think Sheard is a lot better than you might think. One of the first things to keep in mind is that he lined up on the left side (strongside) of the line, which meant he was often facing the QB. He put up solid numbers. He also did so without having Greg Romeus lined up on the other side. When both of these guys were healthy and playing, Pitt led the nation in sacks. So, it is not as if Sheard is not adept at getting to the quarterback. Also, when you look at Sheard's production, it has gotten better over the years. Clayborn, who you would rather pick because he is a 'name' player, production went down last season. But if that's who you want, fine. I would love to see the Falcons pick him. He's inconsistent, has off-the-field and medical concerns, and is not the pass-rushing specialist that your team probably wants. Clayborn does not lack talent but he does not play up to his potential.

I think you would have done better suggesting that taking a WR like Smith here would have been a better choice than opting for Sheard. But Clayborn....I just find that interesting.

49erNation85
03-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Man people give the guy a break for crying out loud.Don't bash him is just assuming picks here.Nice pick for SF any how.

SimonRath
03-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I am sure you would. But would the Falcons go with Clayborn? I don't know. I think the ideal situation for the Falcons would be for Justin Houston or Ryan Kerrigan to be on the board. I doubt Kerrigan is there but Houston could be there.

I don't know that the Falcons would take Clayborn. Since taking Anderson, the Falcons have taken smaller edge rushers (see Biermann, Sidbury). I think those players fit better with what Mike Smith and Brian VanGorder like to do on defense. They like having quickness on the edges with ends who can get up field. Even when you go back to Smith's days in Jacksonville, you'll notice that his defenses rarely featured the 280+ defensive ends, sans Paul Spicer (see Hayward, McCray, Hawkins, and Wiley as examples). So, if you want to know my initial thinking here, it is that Clayborn does not seem to fit with the type of guys the Falcons have targeted at DE. He also does not offer the quickness off the edge they would desire.

Second, I know it is easy to think this would be a reach. Maybe it is but only a slight sense. But you probably felt the same way about Corey Peters last season and if someone had projected the Falcons taking him in the third as opposed to the fourth/fifth round where he had been projected, you would be upset. I HATE THE FALCONS. But I can give Dimitroff credit for having the guts to go with the guys he think will help his team regardless of where someone else might rank them. Again, that's that Bill Belichick philosophy.

Finally, Sheard is not a terrible pick. While I can acknowledge that it is a bit of a slight reach, I think Sheard is a lot better than you might think. One of the first things to keep in mind is that he lined up on the left side (strongside) of the line, which meant he was often facing the QB. He put up solid numbers. He also did so without having Greg Romeus lined up on the other side. When both of these guys were healthy and playing, Pitt led the nation in sacks. So, it is not as if Sheard is not adept at getting to the quarterback. Also, when you look at Sheard's production, it has gotten better over the years. Clayborn, who you would rather pick because he is a 'name' player, production went down last season. But if that's who you want, fine. I would love to see the Falcons pick him. He's inconsistent, has off-the-field and medical concerns, and is not the pass-rushing specialist that your team probably wants. Clayborn does not lack talent but he does not play up to his potential.

I think you would have done better suggesting that taking a WR like Smith here would have been a better choice than opting for Sheard. But Clayborn....I just find that interesting.

okay..

A. Sorry for being a dick earlier, I was having a bad day and decided to take it out on you, and for that i do apologize.

B. Sheard is a major reach. We can probably get him in the 3rd round or at the earliest with our 2nd rounder and use our 1st on another weapon for Matt Ryan (Titus, Torrey, Baldwin, Hankerson) and I said id take Clayborn because I feel he'd be a better value there if we were set on taking a DE. I'm probably one of the few out there who thinks Adrian can and will be a good NFL player.

C. As for off the field "issues" with Clayborn.. heres a link. read it well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/19/jabaal-sheard-arrested-as_n_651219.html

D. Mad rep points for actually putting up a argument and not jus getting all pissy about someone disliking your pick. +rep

Seasonticketholder
03-10-2011, 10:21 PM
okay..

A. Sorry for being a dick earlier, I was having a bad day and decided to take it out on you, and for that i do apologize.

B. Sheard is a major reach. We can probably get him in the 3rd round or at the earliest with our 2nd rounder and use our 1st on another weapon for Matt Ryan (Titus, Torrey, Baldwin, Hankerson) and I said id take Clayborn because I feel he'd be a better value there if we were set on taking a DE. I'm probably one of the few out there who thinks Adrian can and will be a good NFL player.

C. As for off the field "issues" with Clayborn.. heres a link. read it well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/19/jabaal-sheard-arrested-as_n_651219.html

D. Mad rep points for actually putting up a argument and not jus getting all pissy about someone disliking your pick. +rep

A. No problem. I did not take it personally. We all have days; trust me, I have mine. It's cool.

B. I could actually see a WR and as I continue to work on the draft, I will keep WR in mind. I honestly think Justin Houston would be the ideal pick. But I think his stock might be on the rise now that I think scouts are seeing him more as a DE than an OLB.

C. I was totally unaware of Sheard's arrest. I don't know how I missed that info. Inevitably, Sheard then is no different than Clayborn.

D. At the end of the day, mocks are nothing more than guesswork. But I do think it is important to back up why you are choosing to give a team a pick. Sometimes, your logic might be well-reasoned, sometimes not. And then sometimes it could be well-reasoned and yet still flawed. I am upset everytime I see Paea or Liuget projected to the Saints. As fans, we will get upset if someone else projects our team doing something we do not expect. At the same time, I can respect those who can put up credible reasons for why they made their pick even if I still may disagree with the pick.

Matthew Jones
03-11-2011, 12:07 AM
I'd be satisfied with that Patriots draft.

T-RICH49
03-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Aldon Smith to KC is the bomb

wicket
03-11-2011, 12:46 AM
still take heyward over ingram easily

Seasonticketholder
03-11-2011, 08:56 AM
still take heyward over ingram easily

Do you think that Heyward would be considered by the Saints as the BPA? Or do you think it is a situation where the grades on both players would be so similar that they would opt for need?

scottyboy
03-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm praying you have Sharrod fall to the giants...

Seasonticketholder
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm praying you have Sharrod fall to the giants...

Not quite. But I do have them taking Orlando Franklin in round 2, which does fill their need at tackle.

prock
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I dig the Vikings mock.

wicket
03-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Do you think that Heyward would be considered by the Saints as the BPA? Or do you think it is a situation where the grades on both players would be so similar that they would opt for need?

the latter, although ingrams value can be debated upon since he really is a terrible fit for the saints and would barely offer a draftable value in the saints system