PDA

View Full Version : Greg Lloyd Jr., ILB, Connecticut

J-Mike88
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Son of former Steelers monster Greg Lloyd.

Why is he not rated higher? His measurables seem on par with plenty of guys rated as 2nd, 3rd round picks.

Matthews have great bloodlines, I like how the older Lloyd played.

Who's seen this kid play?
Can he become a good starting NFL LB?
I like good bloodlines.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x97/soxanddawgs/abcd/lloyd.jpghttp://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/07/72/84/slideshow_484727_PANTHERS_STEELERS.JPG__270165.jpg

SolidGold
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
I think Lutrus is the better of the two UCONN LBs.

wonderbredd24
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I think Lutrus is the better of the two UCONN LBs.
Lloyd is the worst of all 3 UConn linebackers in the draft. Lawrence Wilson was the best of the bunch

Don Vito
03-10-2011, 02:58 PM
A little did you know...Lloyd Sr. apparently put a handgun in Lloyd Jr.'s mouth when he was 12 years old because of his bad grades. It went to court but he was found innocent I believe. Greg Lloyd putting a gun in your mouth would probably make you get your life together.

wonderbredd24
03-10-2011, 03:02 PM
A little did you know...Lloyd Sr. apparently put a handgun in Lloyd Jr.'s mouth when he was 12 years old because of his bad grades. It went to court but he was found innocent I believe. Greg Lloyd putting a gun in your mouth would probably make you get your life together.

This might come as a huge shock... reportedly, they aren't too close.

Iamcanadian
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
He caught my eye and I like what I see in Lloyd, but it is considered a weal LB class, so maybe I'm off. I think he will go higher than people expect but that is still likely the 4th or 5th round.

J-Mike88
03-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Wow...
Well, they can't say this father wasn't there for his kid, or that he didn't care about the kid's grades. That's a positive for Al & Jesse's community.... gotta look at the bright side of things sometimes.

AkiliSmith
03-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm fairly certain I read there is a protection order in place and Sr is not allowed to be at any of Jr's games.

San Diego Chicken
03-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Jeez. Seems like a lot of second generation athletes have issues with their parents. For example, Prince Fielder I heard had cut his father out of his life completely. And Drew Brees sued his own mother (I think she was a politician though, not an athlete)

phlysac
03-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Jr. dealt with injuries and inconsistent play that eventually cost him his starting job (at least at times) to Sio Moore, whom I actually liked most of any UConn LB this season.

J-Mike88
03-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Jr. dealt with injuries and inconsistent play that eventually cost him his starting job (at least at times) to Sio Moore, whom I actually liked most of any UConn LB this season.
F***, it sounds like UConn may have had the best LB core since USC 2008-2009.

GaMeTiMe
03-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Wow...
Well, they can't say this father wasn't there for his kid, or that he didn't care about the kid's grades. That's a positive for Al & Jesse's community.... gotta look at the bright side of things sometimes.

Wow, you must've been Lloyd Sr.'s attorney in that case. Excellent points