PDA

View Full Version : Clint Boling, OG, Georgia - Question?

JohnCandy
03-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I have been seeing more and more of OG Clint Boling climbing on draft boards and rankings.

Mike Mayock has him as his 3rd rated OG and a 2nd round pick.

At 6'5" 310lbs with solid athletic ability and strength he has the look of a top level OG and he was solid at the Senior Bowl.

Where does Clint Boling get drafted?

http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/images1.jpeg

Babylon
03-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I have been seeing more and more of OG Clint Boling climbing on draft boards and rankings.

Mike Mayock has him as his 3rd rated OG and a 2nd round pick.

At 6'5" 310lbs with solid athletic ability and strength he has the look of a top level OG and he was solid at the Senior Bowl.

Where does Clint Boling get drafted?

http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/images1.jpeg

I'm convinced that Boling could play anywhere on the offensive line and do it pretty well, not sure he wont be a RT at the next level.

GaMeTiMe
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Both Boling and Moffitt are ready-made guards that can be had in the early-mid 3rd, and that's why they're getting talked about so much; they're sure-fire, safe picks and possible immediate starters after the top-64.

Interior linemen like Pouncey, Watkins, Hudson, Wisniewski, Franklin and Ijalana will eat up enough space between picks 33 and 64 where Boling and Moffitt probably won't be picked there, although it wouldn't surprise anyone of both were and two of the other guys I listed fell into the third.

bitonti
03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
i love this player. a team like the chargers, pats, indy, steelers, could really use him to shore up their OL if they don't go that direction in round 1. He can play 3 possibly 4 positions (LT would be shaky) but he's a risk free instant starter.

georgiafan
03-10-2011, 03:30 PM
I think he goes 3rd round in the end or maybe late 2nd to one of the playoff teams. Like everyone said he is a high charcter guy who can play a number of positions on the OL. He started a ton of games in college at 4 diffrent OL positions. He prob will not be a pro bowler, but is the type of guy that every teams wants.

proshoota25
03-10-2011, 03:38 PM
i love him as a second rounder for the patriots

Hines
03-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Won't ever be a superstar, but one that will continuely be a very solid player on an offensive line. I'd take that for the Steelers anyday.

rawdawg
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
I feel like he played poorly in the Senior Bowl. I wasn't impressed with him at all.

JohnCandy
03-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I have seen him rated as a 1st-2nd rounder in some sources, which is probably high.

But a safe versatile OLmen like that will be in demand when the draft comes around.

I could see him getting close to the 40s depending on what the team needs.

I think he is better than Zane Beadles who went mid 2nd.

SenorGato
03-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Both Boling and Moffitt are ready-made guards that can be had in the early-mid 3rd, and that's why they're getting talked about so much; they're sure-fire, safe picks and possible immediate starters after the top-64.

Interior linemen like Pouncey, Watkins, Hudson, Wisniewski, Franklin and Ijalana will eat up enough space between picks 33 and 64 where Boling and Moffitt probably won't be picked there, although it wouldn't surprise anyone of both were and two of the other guys I listed fell into the third.

Ooh I like this post...both Boling and Moffitt are my two favorite G prospects this year...two different types of Gs but I think both of them project as very good guards...specifically LG...Boling's athletic and experienced enough that someone might give him looks at tackle...I've made the Steinbach comparison for him and I still stick with it.

Halsey
03-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Boling doesn't strike me as a player worth getting excited about. I wouldn't want my team taking him in the first 2 rounds. I'm not convinced he can play tackle in the NFL or that he'll be any better down the line than some developmental guy who can be signed in free agency. There are many Harvey Dahl's in the NFL, so if I'm going to spend a high pick on a likely guard, I want more athletic talent than what I perceive Boling to have.

rawdawg
03-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Boling doesn't strike me as a player worth getting excited about. I wouldn't want my team taking him in the first 2 rounds. I'm not convinced he can play tackle in the NFL or that he'll be any better down the line than some developmental guy who can be signed in free agency. There are many Harvey Dahl's in the NFL, so if I'm going to spend a high pick on a likely guard, I want more athletic talent than what I perceive Boling to have.

That's how I feel. If there is nobody else left on the board at the end of the 2nd, and you're a team like the Bears, you probably have to take him if you don't go OL in the first. But I have the same assessment as you of him. I thought he was slow off the snap, had mediocre feet, and wasn't as strong as I would like at the POA in the Senior Bowl as I would have liked.

Thread Killer
03-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Boling and Moffitt will be 4th rounders at best.

FlyingElvis
03-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Versatility definitely improves the draft value of an big OL prospect. Late 2nd doesn't seem like a huge stretch because of that.

I'd like to see the Pats get a guy like him with a 3rd. 74 seems like ok value, and we all know BB will grab an OL player earlier than 'the experts' predict in any given draft. 92 would be even better, as I doubt Hudson makes it that far like he does in my sig mock.

DiG
03-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Versatility definitely improves the draft value of an big OL prospect. Late 2nd doesn't seem like a huge stretch because of that.

I think versatility will be even more important this year more than ever if we dont have free agency or trading at all prior to the draft. teams wont know how they will be able to address other needs going into the draft like they have in prior years.

FlyingElvis
03-15-2011, 09:38 AM
I think versatility will be even more important this year more than ever if we dont have free agency or trading at all prior to the draft. teams wont know how they will be able to address other needs going into the draft like they have in prior years.

I concur. The "Safe Pick" will definitely get bumped in this year's grading systems if there is still no CBA by then.

SenorGato
03-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Boling and Moffitt will be 4th rounders at best.

Si, but excellent values...though I might have went overboard before...Boling seems like a 6th OL type with possible starting potential a non-LT/C position on the OL....Moffitt has starting G potential IMO.