PDA

View Full Version : Broth's Post Combine 2 round Mock w/trades

Brothgar
03-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Here it is my two round mock draft. As always if you are able to convince me that my pick is wrong you get rep. Stupid arguments get a neg rep. Hate your team's pick? That kind of stuff happens on draft day. Not every fan is happy with how his team drafts suck it up nancy. There is a difference between a bad pick and one that doesn't make sense. Stick to complaining about the ones that don't make sense. More explainations will come tomorrow.

Round 1

Carolina (2-14) - Robert Quinn DE North Carolina - For some reason people have Quinn falling down draft boards but I canít really see why. He had a decent combine and his tape is good yes I can see where missing football for a year could be a problem but in my opinion he is the best player of the power positions in this draft.

Denver (4-12) - Patrick Peterson CB LSU - Champ Bailey while he is back is not getting any younger and Cox was abused all season long. Peterson has the tools to be the best player in this draft and should be the pick here.

Buffalo (4-12) - Marcel Darrius DE/DT Alabama - The Bills head coach Chan Gailey has stated that they will be switching from a pure 3-4 to a 4-3/3-4 hybrid Buddy Nix has said repeatedly that they need a player that can play both schemes Nix is a guy who is known for wearing his draft strategy on his sleave Darrius can play all 3-4 positions and both 4-3 DT positions so it is an ideal pick for the Bills. But donít be surprised if the Bills take JJ Watt at 3 if Darius is taken already.

Cincinnati (4-12) - Nick Fairley DT Auburn - Mike Brown the owner/GM of the Bengals likes to take players from high powered and high ranking football programs I donít believe that Gruden is going to want Cam to be the QB so I think it comes down to Bowers or Fairley. I believe that the Bengals could use a little additional help in the middle Peko has done well but can easily be improved.

Arizona (5-11) - Von Miller OLB Texas A&M - Joey Porter is over the hill right now and the Cardinals seems like the perfect fit. Could be one of if not the best speed rushers in the draft.

Cleveland (5-11) - Dequan Bowers DE Clemson -

San Francisco (6-10) - Blaine Gabbert QB Mizzu -

Detroit from Tennessee (6-10) - Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska

St. Louis from Dallas (6-10) - AJ Green WR Georgia - A steep price of a 3rd round pick lets St. Louis take the best player in the draft Dallas doesnít really find value in the CB position and unless it is Vince Wilfork a NT doesnít go in the top 10 Jerry Jones does not take OL in the first round and hasnít done so in his 22 year stint as Owner/GM

Washington (6-10) - Julio Jones WR Alabama

Houston (6-10) - Aldon Smith OLB Mizzu

Minnesota (6-10) - Cam Newton QB Auburn

Tennessee from Detroit (6-10) - JJ Watt DE/DT Wisconsin -

Dallas from St. Louis (7-9) - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado

Miami (7-9) - Jake Locker QB Washington

Jacksonville (8-8) - Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa

New England - from Oakland (8-8) - Ryan Kerrigan OLB Purdue

San Diego (9-7) - Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State

New York Giants (10-6) - Anthony Castanzo OT Boston College

Tampa Bay (10-6) - Justin Houston DE Georgia

Kansas City* (10-6) - Tyron Smith RT USC

Indianapolis* (10-6) - Nate Solder LT Colorado

Philadelphia* (10-6) - Gabe Carimi RT Wisconsin

New Orleans* (11-5) - Mark Ingram RB Alabama

Seattle* (7-9) - Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA

Baltimore* (12-4) - Brandon Harris CB Miami

Atlanta* (13-3) - Titus Young WR Boise State

New England* (14-2) - Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple

Chicago* (11-5) - Derrick Sherrod

New York Jets* (11-5) - Phil Taylor NT Baylor

Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Mike Pouncey OG Florida

Green Bay* (10-6) - Jon Baldwin WR Pitt

Oakland -> New England: Richard Seymour

Tennessee trades Detroit 8th overall for 13th overall and a 3rd round selection.

Dallas trades St. Louis the 9th overall for 14th overall, a 3rd round, and a 5th round selection.

Round 2

New England - from Carolina (2-14) -Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois

Buffalo (4-12) - Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada

Cincinnati (4-12) - Alan Bailey DE Miami

Denver (4-12) - Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.

Cleveland (5-11) - Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

Arizona (5-11) - Ras - I - Dowling CB Virgina

Tennessee (6-10) - Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas

Dallas (6-10) - Marcus Cannon T TCU

Washington (6-10) - Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa

Houston (6-10) - Aaron Williams CB Texas

Minnesota (6-10) - Marvin Austin DT North Carolina

Detroit (6-10) - Martez Wilson ILB Illinois

San Francisco (6-10) - Brooks Reed OLB Arizona

Denver - from Miami (7-9) - Leonard Hankerson WR Miami

St. Louis (7-9) - Rahim Moore S UCLA

Oakland (8-8) - Ryan Bartholomew C Syracuse

Jacksonville (8-8) - Greg Jones ILB Michigan State

San Diego (9-7) - Quinton Black SS Florida

Tampa Bay (10-6) - Bruce Carter OLB UCLA

New York Giants (10-6) - Corey Lugit DT Illinois

Indianapolis* (10-6) - Christian Ballard DT Iowa

Philadelphia* (10-6) - Ben Ijalana OG Nova

Kansas City* (10-6) - Dontay Moch DE Nevada

New Orleans* (11-5) - Drake Nevis DT LSU

Seattle* (7-9) - Clint Boling RT Georgia

Baltimore* (12-4) - Torrey Smith WR Maryland

Atlanta* (13-3) - Mason Foster OLB Washington

New England* (14-2) - Demarcus Love T/G Arkansas

San Diego - from New York Jets* (11-5) - Greg Little WR North Carolina

Chicago* (11-5) - Jurrell Casey DT USC

Pittsburgh* (12-4) - Curtis Brown CB Texas

Green Bay* (10-6) - Brandon Burton CB Utah

Carolina -> New England: Armanti Edwards
Miami -> Denver: Brandon Marshall
New York Jets -> San Diego: Antonio Cromartie

vidae
03-12-2011, 01:55 AM
*cracks knuckles* I'll give this a shot for the Chiefs..

OT wasn't a need when we had premiere OTs on the board in Trent Williams and Russel Okung last year, so it's hard for me to believe we'd pull the trigger on someone like Tyron Smith this year.

One of the biggest needs on this team is NT and Phil Taylor is a rare specimen. He could turn our defense from solid/good to great. He's the clear cut best option for the Chiefs where they're picking. No other prospect comes close to fitting where we want to go.

Brothgar
03-12-2011, 03:21 AM

OT wasn't a need when we had premiere OTs on the board in Trent Williams and Russel Okung last year, so it's hard for me to believe we'd pull the trigger on someone like Tyron Smith this year.

One of the biggest needs on this team is NT and Phil Taylor is a rare specimen. He could turn our defense from solid/good to great. He's the clear cut best option for the Chiefs where they're picking. No other prospect comes close to fitting where we want to go.

While it is a good aregument as to why RT may not be a need for the chiefs I considered the fact that a player whome has been slotted as a top 10-15 pick fell to the mid 20s at a premium position.

AkiliSmith
03-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Fairley is a great pick.

Bailey is a terrible pick. Doesn't fit a need or the scheme (I see him as a 3-4 end). Not to mention the Bengals already have two guys who are raw athletic marvels in Dunlap and Johnson. The Bengals only need a DE if it's an upgrade. I don't Bailey as an upgrade over Dunlap, Odom, Geathers, Johnson or even Frostee Rucker.

Go with Marcus Cannon in round 2. Their offensive line is garbage and he could play multiple positions.

Nalej
03-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Pats

If this is how the first two rounds went... I guess I'd be pretty content.
I think both Hankerson and R.Moore are options at 33 as well.
Hankerson gives us a bigger type receiver and with all the Meriweather news, I could see the Pats going S early

T-RICH49
03-12-2011, 08:47 AM

listen to this man he speaks truth

Hines
03-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Love the Steelers mock.

Seasonticketholder
03-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I love the Mark Ingram pick since there's not a DE I would take over him on the board. The Nevis pick is okay. I guess he could provide a backup to Ellis though I think I would prefer Kenrick Ellis.

Tom Servo
03-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Love Bowers to the Browns at 6

No way we take a TE in the 2nd tho. Watson had a helluva year and Evan Moore is a very good recieving option at the position. Gimme the best available WR, DT, or OL instead

RJS113
03-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Great Bucs picks.

wicket
03-12-2011, 10:15 AM
ingram is a terrible terrible saints pick, fills no need, is acceptable but not overwhelming value and a gutwrenching fit. I can live with Nevis in the second although Id prefer foster

Sniper
03-12-2011, 10:17 AM
That is one faptacular Eagles draft.

txparkes49x
03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
First round Amukamara or Gabbert, but the second round is great.

monson
03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
If you are gonna put trades in you should have the Pats trade out of 33. I think they would go OL there if they stay.

49erNation85
03-12-2011, 12:11 PM
yes amukur instead of gabbert!!But good second round.

Matthew Jones
03-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Not entirely sure where Love's value is at right now, but the other Patriots picks are nice. I agree with monson that New England might trade out of #33 if they are able to address DE and OLB in the first round and if no one really stands out. Since the top OL are taken I'd look elsewhere.

prock
03-12-2011, 12:20 PM
I dislike this Vikings mock. I don't like Austin in the second, and I don't like Newton for the Vikings.

noondog
03-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Detroit Lions: Love the trade up to grab Prince, and the value of picks changing hands seems about right right.

As for the second round pick of Martez Wilson, I'm not sold on it. First off, the Lions already have a young stud ILB in DeAndre Levy who Schwartz seems to love at the spot. I don't see why the Lions would draft another ILB (HIGHLY doubt they have designs on moving Levy to the outside). As such, I think the pick will be OLB Mason Foster with an outside chance of it being OLB Bruce Carter. Foster would be a tackling machine and addresses a need for the Lions at OLB.

Brothgar
03-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Detroit Lions: Love the trade up to grab Prince, and the value of picks changing hands seems about right right.

As for the second round pick of Martez Wilson, I'm not sold on it. First off, the Lions already have a young stud ILB in DeAndre Levy who Schwartz seems to love at the spot. I don't see why the Lions would draft another ILB (HIGHLY doubt they have designs on moving Levy to the outside). As such, I think the pick will be OLB Mason Foster with an outside chance of it being OLB Bruce Carter. Foster would be a tackling machine and addresses a need for the Lions at OLB.

Granted I just have a mancrush on Martez Wilson.

Brothgar
03-12-2011, 01:04 PM
I dislike this Vikings mock. I don't like Austin in the second, and I don't like Newton for the Vikings.

Austin would be an idea replacement for fat pat williams IMO. Newton fits the mold of what Vikings QBs have been for a while. So although you don't like the picks they are highly possible if not likely.

FordFairlane
03-12-2011, 01:10 PM
If the first two rounds went Pouncey and Brown for the Steelers I'd be happy.

prock
03-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Austin would be an idea replacement for fat pat williams IMO. Newton fits the mold of what Vikings QBs have been for a while. So although you don't like the picks they are highly possible if not likely.

I don't think Austin has that high of value. And I don't think we would go for Newton, we already have an athletic freak at QB.

thebow305
03-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Locker is fine with me.