PDA

View Full Version : Aldrick Robinson, WR, S.M.U.

bored of education
03-12-2011, 04:28 PM
After watching a few games this year, then watching some highlight videos, seeing his work at the combine, I feel Aldrick could sneak in to the 3rd round. He is a game breaker with great moves after the catch. A natural hands catcher as well, never letting the ball near his body until he gains control off it. His twitch and burst off the LOS shows he could be a good slot receiver. Part of a gimmicky offense but the kid makes plays, and is not afraid to come across the middle underneath. One of my favorite WR's in this draft.

Thoughts?

TACKLE
03-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Possibly the most underrated WR in this class. One of the best slot prospects in this draft.

You never want to get too wrapped up in stats but he averaged 20.0 ypc on 65 catches in Junes Jones quick passing spread offense. A very impressive feat. In comparison, Emmanuel Sanders had 1339 yards with only 13.7 ypc in his final year at SMU.

rawdawg
03-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Big fan of Aldrick Robinson. The biggest knock against him is that he played in a run-and-shoot offense in college. But June Jones is very underrated, and has produced some decent WR talent in the NFL. From Ashley Lelie, to Davone Bess, to Emanuel Sanders last year. And all have been productive as rookies. Aldrick Robinson can run the route tree. He's quick, shifty, has good hands, and can run after the catch. He's going to be a guy that's able to contribute right away in an NFL offense.

Chidi29
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
He's a good looking prospect because of his speed, but I don't see him making an impact right away in anything than the return game, and I'm not sure how much experience there he has.

I'd have to disagree with the thought he can run the full route tree. He played the "X" receiver whereas a guy like Sanders got a lot of action in the slot where he ran a variety of routes. Robinson just ran a bunch of streaks and posts to clear out the free safety. It's basically like a WR coming out of a Georgia Tech offense and he isn't anywhere near as talented as Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas.

TACKLE
03-13-2011, 06:55 PM
He's a good looking prospect because of his speed, but I don't see him making an impact right away in anything than the return game, and I'm not sure how much experience there he has.

I'd have to disagree with the thought he can run the full route tree. He played the "X" receiver whereas a guy like Sanders got a lot of action in the slot where he ran a variety of routes. Robinson just ran a bunch of streaks and posts to clear out the free safety. It's basically like a WR coming out of a Georgia Tech offense and he isn't anywhere near as talented as Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas.

Just thought I'd point out that Calvin never played in Paul Johnson's offense. Chan Gailey was still there at the time.

bored of education
03-13-2011, 06:57 PM

He ran for more than just streaks and posts pal. He was quite good at all underneath routes 0-3. He excelled at the 8 and 4. He was very good at the 2 streaking across the middle underneath. Kid was great once he had his hands on the ball.

The Route numbers I used are for basic route runnign tree, not the route numbers associated with R&S offense

bored of education
03-13-2011, 07:03 PM
I like how a run and shoot offense allows a receiver and QB to be able to be on the same page and exploit the defense. Their were times where based on the safety the choice route that Aldrick selected lead to a first down or TD.

rawdawg
03-14-2011, 11:46 AM

I thought he took over for Sanders this past season? Yeah, and as was said, he ran a lot more routes than you give him credit for.

bored of education
03-14-2011, 06:58 PM
He spent approx 60% of the snaps in the X spot, which is a bit of an archaic position in accordance to old school run and shoot philosophies...but June Jones does not run the typical 1982 r&s offense

bored of education
04-05-2011, 06:11 PM
so anyone else got any good info on this guy, or any insight as to where he may be drafted?

I am going to guess 3rd/4th round at this moment.

TACKLE
04-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Here's an interview from his pro day.

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/SMUs-Aldrick-Robinson-trys-to-improve-NFL-draft-status-119217599.html

I really like his value in the 4th round. I'd rather have Aldrick in the 4th than someone like Jerrel Jernigan and maybe even Titus Young in the 2nd.