PDA

View Full Version : Reasons Bowers & Quinn Have Been Talked About as Dropping

Iamcanadian
03-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Bowers and Quinn will apparently have to pass strenuous physical before teams will consider them fit for a top 10 pick. Bowers has been slow recovering from his knee scope and Quinn has a benign tumor in his brain.

RWills
03-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I think it was Kirwin that had Quinn falling to #18......We have seen these before with players in previous years...Bowers might not go #1 becuase of his knee, but I doubt he falls to 10

umphrey
03-15-2011, 07:03 PM
I'd be shocked to hear either one affecting their draft stock. Bowers is dropping because instead of impressing at the combine he's getting his game tape picked apart and out done by guys at work right now like JJ Watt.

marks01234
03-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Quinn is dropping because he didn't run in the 4.5s like he was proclaimed.

Iamcanadian
03-15-2011, 07:32 PM
NFL.com is saying that it is health reasons that are causing a lot of doubt right now on these 2 prospects and it will be in April when the doctors get a hold of them and either clear them with a clean bill of health or downgrade them. In the end, each team's doctor has the final say on whether to take them or not.

cajuncorey
03-15-2011, 10:14 PM
they will be fine i promise u

bitonti
03-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Quinn is dropping because he didn't run in the 4.5s like he was proclaimed.

+1 lost in all the tumor talk is that guys like Justin Houston, Ryan Kerrigan and Brooks Reed actually worked out better than Quinn. It wouldn't surprise me to see Quinn drop to late 1st maybe even lower than that.

besides the workouts yes The dude has a tumor in his brain and they never took it out. They just drained fluid. Doctors said he should have died or at least been brain damaged with all the swelling, this is all very scary stuff.

I've been following the draft seriously since 2002 i've never heard of a first round pick with a known tumor in his brain.

and on top of all that he was out of football all last year.

Bowers situation is far less serious and I think he has a chance to salvage a top 10 great. Quinn... way overrated by the internetz.

K Train
03-16-2011, 10:40 AM
i love quinn...and a 4.7 is more than good enough for someone as explosive as him. little disappointed at 265, i would have liked to see 275 ish

SenorGato
03-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Here's hoping Quinn's tumor causes a fall all the way to 30.

FUNBUNCHER
03-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Quinn won't make it past the Cowboys/Skins in the top 10.

He's Demarcus Ware 2.0. He didn't have an all-world combine, but running a high 4.6 at 265# is impressive.

Once he gets back into game shape, he'll be good.

If the brain tumor is benign, what's the big deal??

I still believe Quinn didn't start training for the combine until like maybe 2-3 weeks out.

Don Vito
03-16-2011, 03:27 PM
If Quinn makes it to 17 and the Pats don't take him I would be so pissed, but I would not be surprised to see us pass on him if he somehow drops that far.

bitonti
03-17-2011, 07:36 AM
If the brain tumor is benign, what's the big deal??

im way out of my depth here (not a doctor) but according to wikipedia

"Any brain tumor is inherently serious and life-threatening because of its invasive and infiltrative character in the limited space of the intracranial cavity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_tumor

descendency
03-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Dez Bryant won't fall out of the top 10.

Roddoliver
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Bowers... First of all, the guy disappeared in 2008 and 2009 after being a top recruit. 4 sacks in 2 seasons. LOL. Then he becomes productive in 2010 to lead the NCAA in sacks... As a LDE, playing against RTs and TEs. I have no doubt that there is a bunch of bad tape, and his technique is far from the best. His knee surgery is just another red flag. He is an extremely risky pick at the top of the draft.

bigfreak314
03-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I remember reading that he(Bowers) was going to slide for being less than honest with scouts about the seriousness of his little knee surgery and how severe it actually was when the scouts tried to ask him about it during the combine. He won't even be able to run for scouts until early April.

MI_Buckeye
03-18-2011, 12:21 AM
I remember reading that he(Bowers) was going to slide for being less than honest with scouts about the seriousness of his little knee surgery and how severe it actually was when the scouts tried to ask him about it during the combine. He won't even be able to run for scouts until early April.

That would be a shame, because most prospects are going to give the most optimistic prognosis of their injuries. That is why you dont trust them for information.

Iamcanadian
03-18-2011, 12:23 AM
If he runs well in April and passes the Doctors examinations, he'll be right back in the discussion for going #1 overall. It is just the doubts that are affecting him now.
Quinn is a different situation, brain tumors are bound to scare off some GM and could easily take him out of the top 5. Doctors will have to be totally reassuring before a # of GM's will take the risk.

MI_Buckeye
03-18-2011, 01:19 AM
BTW, I really didnt notice Quinn was falling. If anything, I would say his stock is slightly on the uptick. I have seen most educated mocks slotting him to Cleveland at No. 6 or Tennessee at No. 8. In fact, many more people, such as Mike Mayock, are rising him to the No. 1 DE.

kalbears13
03-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Bowers... First of all, the guy disappeared in 2008 and 2009 after being a top recruit. 4 sacks in 2 seasons. LOL. Then he becomes productive in 2010 to lead the NCAA in sacks... As a LDE, playing against RTs and TEs. I have no doubt that there is a bunch of bad tape, and his technique is far from the best. His knee surgery is just another red flag. He is an extremely risky pick at the top of the draft.

Robert Quinn had 2 sacks before his last season and Fairley had 1 sack before last year. LOL.

Roddoliver
03-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Robert Quinn had 2 sacks before his last season and Fairley had 1 sack before last year. LOL.

That's why I like Ryan Kerrigan and his production so much.