PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Season Ending Injury 1st Round Picks

shylo3716
03-16-2011, 01:00 AM
As far as I know, to my knowledge Antonio Cromartie is the only player that I know about, to go in the 1st round of the draft, without playing in his final season of college football due to injury.

If he would have played his final year of college football how high would he have went in that draft class?

Who are the other players to be drafted, if Cromartie is not the only one to be drafted in the 1st Round?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h109/DKopp85/FSU/cromartie.jpg

ChiFan24
03-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Sam Bradford played ~4 quarters his junior year....can't think of anyone else off hand.

ellsy82
03-16-2011, 01:14 AM
Deunta Williams. Came back from a BS suspension and broke his leg in the bowl game.

Should've been a top 20 pick. I would love to take him for the Steelers at the end of the third round. That would be awesome.

Da Big Harv
03-17-2011, 05:32 PM
ya I can't think of any off the top of my head

a close one would be McGahee who played his JR year but blew his knee out bad as everyone knows and Bills still picked him in the first knowing good chance he would miss most his rookie year.

MI_Buckeye
03-18-2011, 12:26 AM
I think Demetrius Underwood of Michigan State missed his entire senior season and opted not to take a redshirt before getting picked late in the first round by the Vikings in 1999. With the amount of leg work teams put in background checks nowadays, it is doubtful Underwood would have gone in the first five rounds.

Iamcanadian
03-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Looks like there will be quite a few this year with all the suspensions last year by the NCAA.

Wrathman
03-18-2011, 12:34 AM
While it's a different ball of wax entirely, the gap between Roger Staubach playing college ball and then finally playing pro ball due to his military career is also worth mentioning here as being a similar situation.