PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A Perfect Score
03-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Its that time of year again! I make this thread every year and I'm excited to do it again! I'll add more later, but for now go! Drink! Wear green!

Today we celebrate the people of my heritage, the Irish. I hope you all have a great one!

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~jjg45/images/Flag_of_Ireland.png

For me, the first keg gets tapped at 10 A.M. After that, it's off to the campus pub before bussing to the downtown area with tons of bars. I've got a pretty sweet St. Paddy's getup this year that involves a giant Irish flag as a cape, so Ill post some pictures after the dust settles.

TitanHope
03-16-2011, 11:12 PM
First St. Patrick's Day as a 21 year old! Whoo!!!

Jvig43
03-16-2011, 11:44 PM
May the spirit of St Patrick guide us all through this wonderful day.

CashmoneyDrew
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Ah St. Patty's day.... Brings up such a mixed bag of emotions for me.

diabsoule
03-16-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm stoked but I won't be able to go to any of the parades because of work and my radio show

StickSkills
03-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Doesn't compare to State Pattys Day.

Jvig43
03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Doesn't compare to State Pattys Day.

State Pattys was underwhelming for me.

CJSchneider
03-17-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www.crazydogtshirts.com/catalog/drinks-well-full.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Cant really drink tonight, so im going to celebrate irish heritage with the time honoured tradition of getting into a fight.

Giantsfan1080
03-17-2011, 07:53 AM
This is the first time in a long time I won't start my drinking in the morning. I'm a sad man because of that so I'll try and make up for it when I get home.

Jughead10
03-17-2011, 08:11 AM
This is the first time in a long time I won't start my drinking in the morning. I'm a sad man because of that so I'll try and make up for it when I get home.

I was thinking the same thing driving into work today. I don't think I've done anything except get wasted all day on St. Patty's since maybe senior year of high school. This is probably the first time I've worked or gone to school on St. Patty's day in 8 or 9 years.

Damix
03-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Celebrated a little to much last night. Work is not so great this morning. 8 more hours!

CJSchneider
03-17-2011, 08:27 AM
My day is going to be teh sex. I'm already taking the day off to go on a field trip with my son, and I just came back to the house and dropped a no wiper.

WINNING!!

Jughead10
03-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I'm starting to get the shakes. We have Bailey's non alcoholic coffee creamer at work and today was a bad today to opt for it. Bringing back memories of early morning train rides to the NYC parade.

Giantsfan1080
03-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I was thinking the same thing driving into work today. I don't think I've done anything except get wasted all day on St. Patty's since maybe senior year of high school. This is probably the first time I've worked or gone to school on St. Patty's day in 8 or 9 years.

No parading this year. :(

A Perfect Score
03-17-2011, 09:23 AM
I just had a Guinness for breakfast, now on to the pancake keggar. Chris, if you hear any rumors of a drunken guy wearing an Irish flag for a cape, come bail me out of jail.

SuperMcGee
03-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Can't miss my morning class today, so I'm getting started around 1. Let the cute barista talk me into a green tea frap though, and of course it's delicious.

Next class has no chance of happening, going to go out for a few before work and then follow the tourney and Europa until it's time to go out.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-17-2011, 09:36 AM
I just had a Guinness for breakfast, now on to the pancake keggar. Chris, if you hear any rumors of a drunken guy wearing an Irish flag for a cape, come bail me out of jail.

I got your back. I hate that I have class tomorrow and decided to get a beer and elevate on Tuesday night so now I'm stuck here having to write an essay :(. And it's just so ******' easy that I don't even wanna do it. It's like high school all over again.

Don Vito
03-17-2011, 10:04 AM
It's my spring break and ya I'm back home in Boston, not somewhere warm and I wouldn't want it any other way just for today.

vQP-uHn0srU

wpIVk2AY3sw

la3EqMCebQ4

8eOIU9ekSMk

Happy St. Patty Day *************

eaglesalltheway
03-17-2011, 10:10 AM
Unfortunately I work today.

Fortunately we have booze at work!

Happy St. Patty's day bitches!

Bengals78
03-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Drunk as i can be by noon!
Happy St. Paddy's!

Brent
03-17-2011, 02:35 PM
DwQbPgouUYo

how has this not been posted today?

LizardState
03-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Its that time of year again! I make this thread every year and I'm excited to do it again! I'll add more later, but for now go! Drink! Wear green!

Today we celebrate the people of my heritage, the Irish. I hope you all have a great one!

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~jjg45/images/Flag_of_Ireland.png

For me, the first keg gets tapped at 10 A.M. After that, it's off to the campus pub before bussing to the downtown area with tons of bars. I've got a pretty sweet St. Paddy's getup this year that involves a giant Irish flag as a cape, so Ill post some pictures after the dust settles.

APS, I'm only about half Irish myself, Anglo-Irish/Scotch-Irish cracker like most white people from Alabama. OK it's not the BEST 50 parts out of 100, I'm the 1st to admit that ...... :--J it's the half that loves me some ice cold brew on a springlike day CA day like today working up a perspiration in the backyard.

I've finished off 4 Modelos & the lat of my Trumer Pils, still daylight in CA so opportunity knocks. So lots of time to finish the stashed Jameson's that's always on sale in CA grocery stores every March (for today of course) & during the XMas holidays.... it's what shot glasses are FOR!!!

As they say in Hibernia:

Fook the Queen!!!

bored of education
03-17-2011, 08:51 PM
just another day for me. blahh at needing a special day to drank

prock
03-17-2011, 08:52 PM
I like drinking.

TitanHope
03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
I have spots of gingeritis that flare up in my beard, so I'm wondering if some Irish mixed in with my English heritage (since only Irish people contain the Ginger gene, obviously). I'm also 1/4 Greek, so I'm pretty sure it didn't come from there. My dad's mom's maiden name was Baldridge, and his dad's name is Winstead (my name). Both are English. My mom's mom's maiden name is Harris, which is English, and her dad's name is Vasilogianes (There's a Greek soccer player named Andrea Vasilogiannis, which is an alternate spelling).

Babylon
03-17-2011, 09:35 PM
APS, I'm only about half Irish myself, Anglo-Irish/Scotch-Irish cracker like most white people from Alabama. OK it's not the BEST 50 parts out of 100, I'm the 1st to admit that ...... :--J it's the half that loves me some ice cold brew on a springlike day CA day like today working up a perspiration in the backyard.

I've finished off 4 Modelos & the lat of my Trumer Pils, still daylight in CA so opportunity knocks. So lots of time to finish the stashed Jameson's that's always on sale in CA grocery stores every March (for today of course) & during the XMas holidays.... it's what shot glasses are FOR!!!

As they say in Hibernia:

Fook the Queen!!!

English, Irish and Portugese so the family likes it's brew (especially at soccer games). Had a couple of pints and a couple of corned beef sandwiches in Seattle and it was almost embarassing that they would even call it that it was so flimsy. Not like the old days in South Boston.

trkaline
03-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I've never drank on St.Patricks day, hopefully next year I can change that. I've always either been broke, working, or drank enough around it that I've just never drank on this of all days that's actually designated for drinking.

MetSox17
03-17-2011, 11:33 PM
I haven't had an oz of alcohol today, and i'm already in bed. I'm definitely doing this St. Patrick's Day thing wrong.

Nalej
03-17-2011, 11:43 PM
I haven't had an oz of alcohol today, and i'm already in bed. I'm definitely doing this St. Patrick's Day thing wrong.

haha... I was thinking the same thing. There aren't enough hours in the day sometimes

A Perfect Score
03-18-2011, 08:35 AM
My head hurts.

Jvig43
03-18-2011, 09:59 AM
I am feeling excellent after a night that most likely could be made into an adventure Harold and Kummar would have. Pretty epic, and the best part is I wake it and it's gorgeous out all the while not having too much of a hangover. St Pattys day was a success.

A Perfect Score
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM
I am feeling excellent after a night that most likely could be made into an adventure Harold and Kummar would have. Pretty epic, and the best part is I wake it and it's gorgeous out all the while not having too much of a hangover. St Pattys day was a success.

I'm just now hearing that our table got cut off at 9PM so we had to go to a new bar after that. To be fair, that was 12 hours after I started drinking, so it was all downhill from there. That said, it was a pretty epic St Patricks Day

Jvig43
03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm just now hearing that our table got cut off at 9PM so we had to go to a new bar after that. To be fair, that was 12 hours after I started drinking, so it was all downhill from there. That said, it was a pretty epic St Patricks Day

We should play zombies later and share our adventures.

A Perfect Score
03-18-2011, 10:14 AM
That is the single greatest idea you have ever had. What time? I've got no class today and even if I did, I wouldnt be going.

LizardState
03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
That is the single greatest idea you have ever had. What time? I've got no class today and even if I did, I wouldnt be going.

Great avatar for the holiday APS

Jvig43
03-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Anytime works well for me, I just woke up from a recovery nap so I'm good to go whenever. We should check in with Fenikz and see what hes up to.

A Perfect Score
03-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Alright Im going to grab some gatorade and then I'll head on, I PMed fenikz on IRC so he knows we're on. So Ill be on in like 10 minutes.