PDA

View Full Version : AJ Green Take a Seat - JULIO JONES YouTube

metafour
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7djgR4tDSg

DoWnThEfiElD
03-22-2007, 03:09 PM
he's like 2a. 5-star lock, but the only thing that was better than A.J.s is the editing.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc9xk33GasI

check it

slightlyaraiderfan
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
I'll take Green's vid over this one, most of those highlights is him running over little d-backs.

georgiafan
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
i got to go with Green ( but im biased)

slightlyaraiderfan
03-22-2007, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc9xk33GasI

check it
Ahh there it is, that one is a lot more impressive

DoWnThEfiElD
03-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Ahh there it is, that one is a lot more impressive

Its on par with Noel Devine and Reggie Bush.

metafour
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Give me the athletic freak. Julio Jones is about 20-30lbs heavier than Green, runs faster, jumps higher, is stronger, and can do more with the ball in his hands. That video is just a start, I'm not comparing it Green's video because the Jones one is basically a repetition of a FEW plays, whereas the Green video is a compilation of pretty much every single one of his highlights.

Trust me, Jones is easily as good as Green but doesn't get the same media hype. He is a freakish athlete and IMO looks like the next Calvin Johnson.

Newbs24
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I would have to say AJ Green is a Calvin Johnson type video where he makes great/crazy catches because his QB is so damn bad. Julio Jones has a Dwayne Jarett type film because he has a decent QB making throws to him and doesn't have to come back 5 yards for EVERY SINGLE throw. I would take both in a heartbeat though.

metafour
03-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I would have to say AJ Green is a Calvin Johnson type video where he makes great/crazy catches because his QB is so damn bad. Julio Jones has a Dwayne Jarett type film because he has a decent QB making throws to him and doesn't have to come back 5 yards for EVERY SINGLE throw. I would take both in a heartbeat though.

I was making a pure athletic comparison. Nothing against Green, but he isn't half as athletic as Jones who looks like a mirror image of Calvin Johnson. Huge frame, incredible jumping ability (Jones tested out at 40-inches as what? A 16 year old?), the exact same long strided speed, dominating strength as a wideout.

I always see people compare Green to Moss which makes very little sense to me. Moss is a blazer (on and off the field ;) ) who could run past anyone. Green is athletic, but he doesn't have anywhere near elite speed and thats pretty damn obvious from his film alone. His natural talent is his incredible body control and ability to come down with anything thrown near him. I'd compare him physically to a Sidney Rice type player with Larry Fitzgerald's ball skills. Nowhere near an elite athlete but can flat out make plays.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Hmm, this Julio Jones guy looks like how I play, except for I'm much smaller than him.

snuff
03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Looks like a good runningback. Ill stick with AJ easily.

Space Ghost
03-22-2007, 08:27 PM
yeah, I'll take AJ Green, thanks.

metafour
03-22-2007, 08:59 PM
yeah, I'll take AJ Green, thanks.

Yeah, call me back when Julio Jones makes AJ Green look like Todd Pinkston.

If my stats are correct, Jones put up better numbers against better competition (Top Alabama > South Carolina), is a better athlete, is bigger, and is just as skilled. LOLz. I've seen him play in person, that highlight reel didn't even feature half of his best moments. Stop dick-riding, if Julio Jones' full video was available on YouTube none of you would be talking. He's that good.

moc182
03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I think it's really close, they're both top 10 players in this class in my opinion.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-23-2007, 12:59 AM

If my stats are correct, Jones put up better numbers against better competition (Top Alabama > South Carolina), is a better athlete, is bigger, and is just as skilled. LOLz. I've seen him play in person, that highlight reel didn't even feature half of his best moments. Stop dick-riding, if Julio Jones' full video was available on YouTube none of you would be talking. He's that good.
As soon as you get off Jones' :p

snuff
03-23-2007, 04:35 PM
The concentration and hands of AJ is on Calvin Johnson level in my opinion. Julio Jones made what two catches in his video?

Space Ghost
03-23-2007, 06:19 PM

relax ....

metafour
03-23-2007, 06:58 PM
The concentration and hands of AJ is on Calvin Johnson level in my opinion. Julio Jones made what two catches in his video?

So you're basically comparing off videos? Trust me, this is a tiny video that shows off about 10 plays. This is clearly a hype arguement, because frankly no one would be talking about AJ Green if he didn't have a video thats been out for months that is INCREDIBLY put together.

I've seen Julio Jones play live. He makes plays as good as many in Green's video, except he completely blows him out of the water athletically.

bored of education
03-25-2007, 07:25 PM
AJ GREEN CATCHES everything!!!!!!!!!!

islandboy843
03-25-2007, 07:41 PM
AJ GREEN CATCHES everything!!!!!!!!!!

Just about. I had to play against him 3 times. We shut him down twice though.

reese
05-15-2007, 01:37 AM
aj green and its not even close....the other boy probley has green's highlight saved on his favorites on youtube

P-L
05-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd just like to point out that metafour may not be the only one who feels this way. Rivals just ranked their 5-star players and Julio Jones was #3, while A.J. Green was #4.

gstock05
05-26-2007, 11:58 AM
A lot of people feel Jones is better. I agree with them. Green has sick hands, but Jones has just as good hands and is a more explosive guy as far as getting open and running after the catch.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Who plays against better competition? I'm assuming Jones?

I think Jones is a better athlete. I think I would take Jones.

But like mentioned both are incredible talents and everyone would want one of these guys on their team.

metafour
05-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Rivals and Scout both have Jones ranked higher. I'm not trying to toot my horn, but like I said, Jones is a freakish athlete which AJ Green will never match. Both are incredible talents and Green DOES have more developed ball skills, but Jones is nothing to laugh about in that aspect himself (to go along with being a better athlete and a bigger threat after the catch with the ball in his hands).

reese
05-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Rivals and Scout both have Jones ranked higher. I'm not trying to toot my horn, but like I said, Jones is a freakish athlete which AJ Green will never match. Both are incredible talents and Green DOES have more developed ball skills, but Jones is nothing to laugh about in that aspect himself (to go along with being a better athlete and a bigger threat after the catch with the ball in his hands).

you are outragous...on rivals jones is ranked 3 and green is 4 so to say green could never match jones isnt smart obviously the experts think they are neck in neck

sweetness34
05-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Donsay Hardeman smokes all deese foos! Dude knocked out like 3 or 4 of his teammates in spring practice and his coaches told him no more full contact until the regular season. Dude's a flat out beast and he's most likely going to end up at Illinois.

DoWnThEfiElD
05-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Metafour, I see what are your talking about now. At this point Green is the better WR, but i am on the boat with you that down the road Jones has more potential to be that rare WR.

gstock05
05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
IMHO, Aj Greene = Larry Fitzgerald.

Julio Jones has potential Calvin Johnson measurables, although he's not quite as polished as Greene yet. We'll see how they end up in college. Easily the 2 best wideout prospects in the last few years.

NittanyLion2k7
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Julio Jones was easily more impressive. He's just so tremendously physical, and can make so many people miss. His stiff arm, sidesteps and jukes are all completely nasty. Just a no nonsense guy. In the college level he'll still be able to do most of those things. Just a flat out monster.

Not to take anything away from A.J. Green, he's a bit faster I think on a go route, and he can make the vertical catches, one handers and over the shoudlers look easy. But in the College level you won't be able to play pitch and catch nearly as much and A.J. Green won't be as dominant in my opinion. I didn't really see him make moves or make guys miss, he's more of a finesse player by far.

Julio Jones flat out looked like Terrel Owens out there...

metafour
05-29-2007, 03:06 PM
IMHO, Aj Greene = Larry Fitzgerald.

Julio Jones has potential Calvin Johnson measurables, although he's not quite as polished as Greene yet. We'll see how they end up in college. Easily the 2 best wideout prospects in the last few years.

Thats the comparison I would make as well.

metafour
05-29-2007, 03:08 PM
you are outragous...on rivals jones is ranked 3 and green is 4 so to say green could never match jones isnt smart obviously the experts think they are neck in neck

Sorry if I should have worded it differently, but I meant to say that Green will never match Jones' freakish athletic ability....not that he'll never be able to match Jones as a player.

reese
05-29-2007, 03:11 PM
oh ok.....

Bosanac01
12-24-2007, 05:23 PM
AJ Green plays against better competition. He just catches everything. Julio Jones is a better athlete sure but Green is just simply a better WR. Even though hes gonna be a WR he is also a pretty good DB. He will do some good things early in Georgia.

Edit: i just found this http://vfb8e8l0g9.killerfrog.com/videos/A_J__Green_One_Handed_Catch/index.html

islandboy843
12-24-2007, 05:33 PM
AJ Green plays against better competition. He just catches everything. Julio Jones is a better athlete sure but Green is just simply a better WR. Even though hes gonna be a WR he is also a pretty good DB. He will do some good things early in Georgia.

Edit: i just found this http://vfb8e8l0g9.killerfrog.com/videos/A_J__Green_One_Handed_Catch/index.html

I love this statement since he played against me for 3 years.

I guess that i am the only one on this site to have actually play against him.

He is the truth. Most of the time all his Qb did was just throw it to him and he would somehow catch it.

metafour
12-28-2007, 12:37 PM
AJ Green plays against better competition.

Uhhh, no.

Alabama HS football > South Carolina HS football. Not even close.