PDA

View Full Version : Very quick mock

Razor
03-17-2011, 03:12 PM
This was made in record time, meaning that I probably F'ed up somewhere. Hate away...

1. Carolina (2-14) - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
2. Denver (4-12) – Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Buffalo (4-12) – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
4. Cincinnati (4-12) – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
5. Arizona (5-11) – Robert Quinn, OLB, North Carolina
6. Cleveland (5-11) – AJ Green, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco (6-10) – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
8. Tennessee (6-10) – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
9. Dallas (6-10) – JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
10. Washington (6-10) – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
11. Houston (6-10) – Corey Liuget, DE, Illinois
12. Minnesota (6-10) – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
13. Detroit (6-10) - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
14. St. Louis (7-9) – Cam Jordan, DE, Cal
15. Miami (7-9) – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
16. Jacksonville (8-8) – Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
17. New England - from Oakland (8-8) – Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
18. San Diego (9-7) - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
19. New York Giants (10-6) – Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
20. Tampa Bay (10-6) – Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
21. Kansas City* (10-6) – Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
22. Indianapolis* (10-6) – Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
23. Philadelphia* (10-6) – Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
24. New Orleans* (11-5) – Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St.
25. Seattle* (7-9) – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
26. Baltimore* (12-4) – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami (Fl.)
27. Atlanta* (13-3) – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
28. New England* (14-2) – Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
29. Chicago* (11-5) – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
30. New York Jets* (11-5) – Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
31. Pittsburgh* (12-4) – Derek Sherrod, OT/OG, Mississippi St.
32. Green Bay* (10-6) – Ben Ijalana, OT/OG, Villanova

BPAs:
Brandon Harris, CB, Miami (Fl.)
Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas
Drake Nevis, DT,LSU
Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

Hurricanes25
03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Wilkerson is a very good pick for the Jets.

Razor
03-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Wilkerson is a very good pick for the Jets.

I was going back and forth on whether to give you Wilkerson or Christian Ballard. I like Wilkerson better personally, which is why he was the pick. But I could easily see Rexy take Ballard instead since he's a very good fit in Rex' aggressive scheme.

Hurricanes25
03-17-2011, 03:39 PM
I was going back and forth on whether to give you Wilkerson or Christian Ballard. I like Wilkerson better personally, which is why he was the pick. But I could easily see Rexy take Ballard instead since he's a very good fit in Rex' aggressive scheme.

Yeah, you couldn't go wrong with either but I do prefer Wilkerson over Ballard. Plus, Wilkerson is a much better value there. It sounds like he's really moving up draft boards.

FlyingElvis
03-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I'd love to see the Pats get Aldon Smith. It would surprise me, given he's not even a junior and doesn't have the extensive history they usually like, though.

I also like the way this shakes out in terms of NE holding 33 with Mallett still on the board.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . trade bait!

thebow305
03-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I'd prefer Mallett, but Locker isn't a bad choice.

wicket
03-17-2011, 06:55 PM
id like heyward over paea but paea is a fine pick

coordinator0
03-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I think Hankerson is a slight reach in the first. If it does happen I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't seem like a realistic Raven pick.

49erNation85
03-17-2011, 08:45 PM
love the 9ers pick!So I cant hate here.

Razor
03-18-2011, 03:38 AM
I'd love to see the Pats get Aldon Smith. It would surprise me, given he's not even a junior and doesn't have the extensive history they usually like, though.

I also like the way this shakes out in terms of NE holding 33 with Mallett still on the board.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . trade bait!
The way I look at it with Aldon Smith is, that the Patriots have to pull the trigger at some point if they want a top tier pass rusher. Smith is the very definition of a developmental players, especially at OLB. But he has perferct size and athleticism and great upside. He needs to learn how to set the edge in the running game, but he has the tools to do so. He also has some experience with dropping into coverage, but that is of course an area where he needs to improve. So if he's available I want him for the Patriots, plain and simple. And yes, the 33rd pick is golden. Thank you Carolina.

id like heyward over paea but paea is a fine pick
I honestly don't understand why. Paea is a superior 0-tech prospect with elite tools and intangibles. Heyward is better suited for a 3-4 defense and has an inconsistent motor. So it's not even an attempt to defend my mock, but I really like the value and the fit of Paea right there.

I think Hankerson is a slight reach in the first. If it does happen I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't seem like a realistic Raven pick.
At the time I thought it looked like a typical Ravens pick. Not a concensus first round player, Hank is a senior (which Newsome seems to like) and he has some upside to him and fits a pretty big need. Personally, I have Hank ranked ahead of Smith as an early second round pick. So like you said, a slight reach, but I don't think it's worth mentioning here.

Brothgar
03-18-2011, 03:49 AM
I believe that if Prince Amukamara was on the board and houston passed the entire fan base would boycot.

Razor
03-18-2011, 03:58 AM
I believe that if Prince Amukamara was on the board and houston passed the entire fan base would boycot.

I actually had him going to Houston, but I changed it for a couple of reasons:
- I read some time ago (I think it was Schefter) that the Texans were leaning towards drafting a DE. Liuget would be a very good fit in the scheme Phillips is about to install. Also, he has a ton of upside.
- You just took Kareem Jackson last year. I know, that your DBs are the weakness of your otherwise quite talented defense. But I can't remember the last time when a team spend two consecutive first round picks on a CB. And bear in mind, there's a pretty good chance of coming away with some damn good DBs this year. Brandon Harris in the second and Rahim Moore in the third is probably a real possibility.

I get where you're coming from, but I'm just going from what I've read and my thoughts about what players should be available for teams later on in the draft.

jayceheathman
03-18-2011, 04:36 AM
I actually had him going to Houston, but I changed it for a couple of reasons:
- I read some time ago (I think it was Schefter) that the Texans were leaning towards draften a DE. Liuget would be a very good fit in the scheme Phillips is about to install. Also, he has a ton of upside.
- You just took Kareem Jackson last year. I know, that your DBs are the weakness of your otherwise quite talented defense. But I can't remember the last time when a team spend two consecutive first round picks on a CB. And bear in mind, there's a pretty good chance of coming away with some damn good DBs this year. Brandon Harris in the second and Rahim Moore in the third is probably a real possibility.

I get where you're coming from, but I'm just going from what I've read and my thoughts about what players should be available for teams later on in the draft.

I would be one of those Texans fans that would boycott if we passed on Amukamara.

prock
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Prince is a great selection.

A Perfect Score
03-18-2011, 10:16 AM
As much as I like Hankerson, taking him over Torrey Smith would drive me absolutely crazy.

TheFinisher
03-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Good Dallas pick, but there's no way Jerry lets Peterson fall to 7. We'll probably be on the phone once he gets past Denver.