PDA

View Full Version : Mocj Draft v5 (re-picked for NE)

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
03-17-2011, 06:07 PM
1 CAR- Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson- They could go a number of different directions here including DT with Dareus LB Miller or even CB Peterson. The only garauntee I will give is it is definately defense.

2 DEN- Robert Quinn DE North Carolina- Some new schools of thought are that they take Quinn here and I think that is where they go. Fairley or Dareus could end up here but I think they get Quinn.

3 BUF- Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri- They are ready to be done with the Fitzpatrick experiment and are going to take Gabbert to get the franchise the first real quarterback since Jim Kelly.

4 CIN- Cam Newton QB Auburn- They have to get something here and while I think Mallett is a better option Newton is getting a lot of pub right now and has had great workouts.Oh and Palmer is demanding a trade or he says he will retire.

5 ARI- Von Miller LB Texas A&M- What a freak a stud at the Senior Bowl and combine. Wisenhunt would be crazy to pass him up.

6-CLE- Marcel Dareus DT Alabama– Dareus is a big man and has jumped ahead of Fairley due to combine and his size.

7 S.F- A.J. Green– They really like Dareus but with him gone I think Harbaugh puts his stamp on the team and goes offense. Green has been projected as high as two or three but early draft defense and QB push lets him drop into a happy Jim Harbaugh’s lap.

8 TEN- Patrick Peterson – When you play against manning and you have a scrappy Finnegan on one side the chance to get some size and physicality on the other side is one that Tennessee loves and takes with Peterson.

9 DAL- Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska- They need some DB’s in the NFC East and Amukamara is a great one. His size and athletic ability may give him some flexibility to move to Safety. Honestly, A prince, playing for someone who thinks they are a king?

10-WAS– Nick Fairley DT Auburn- Lots of guys they want gone off the board but Fairley is a great pick and they wont pas on him here. Value is key in the early rounds.

11 HOU- Akeem Ayers LB UCLA– A solid pick and they already have a good young defense. Ayers will be like another Ryans at Linebacker and creates a freaky good loking front seven for the Texans. Everyone says it the past few years, but is this the year they get over the hump?

12 MIN- Julio Jones WR Alabama- They could go D-Line here but with Jones on the board and Rice testing the waters this is a great piece of the puzzle.

13 DET- Tyron Smith OT USC- This kid is raw but has great upside. He is quick and strong. He could stand to gain a few pounds so that he can work against NFL lineman. In a division where you have some speed rushers on the outside he will be very helpful to Stafford and the Lions offense

14 STL- Aldon Smith OLB/DE Missouri– His size is interesting and the Rams could use him on either the D-Line or as a linebacker. He would definitely need some work in coverage if they go the LB route.

15 MIA- Mark Ingram RB Alabama- Don’t agree with the franchise thoughts but they say they need a back and he is a good one. He is big and sturdy and shold be able to handle his workload unlike Brown. Not as fast as Brown though.

16 JAC- Cory Liuget DT Illinois– The Jags could use some D-Line help and Liuget is jumping up boards fast.

17 N.E- J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin– I have gotten lots of flack in my previous Mocks and I looked a little deeper here and I think Watt is their guy.

18 S.D- Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue– They need some D help here and Kerrigan is a hard working lineman. Some are slotting him as a rush backer and if they chose to do that he would also work.

19. NYG- OT Nate Solder Colorado- Solder has been a top 10 pick on some boards and Manning needs some help on the line.

20 T.B.- Cameron Jordan DE California- Great motor and good work ethic from the Ferentz school of hard work. Great fit for Morris and the young Bucs. Don't be surprised if they go Receiver though. Titus Young would be the next off the board but I think it is way early.

21 K.C- Justin Houston DE Georgia- Interesting size and the ability to be a rush backer in the 3-4. Great athletic ability here and he has room to grow.

22 IND- Rahim Moore S UCLA-With Sanders out and the Colts having all of the safety's hurt last year Moore is a steal at 22 and if there he will be a Colt.

23 PHI- Anthony Costanzo OT Boston College- Philly needs some O-line help and Costanzo is used to the East coast weather. Tough gritty kid and a good character fit for Philly.

24 N.O.- Phil Taylor DT Baylor- A big stop gap tackle and he could help the Saints get better up front.

25 SEA- Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin- I think Carrol goes O-Line here to setup a QB selection in the later rounds. Lockers stock is dropping fast and I think Pete likes him as the QB of the future.

26 BAL- Jimmy Smith CB Colorado- Jimmy Smith is a character issue but I think Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will keep him in line. A great value at 26 here.

27 ATL-Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa- D-Line needs a lot of work and could use a guy like Clayborn to get after the QB.

28 N.E- Danny Watkins OG Baylor- An interesting pick here , but with Mankins always complaining Belicheck may draft this kid to set up the release of yet another character cancer after his franchise tender is over.

29 CHI- Leonard Hankerson WR Miami- I think the Bears go big WR here. Hankerson has the big build it takes to play in the NFC North. He could physical and Cutler would ove a tall target again. Remember when he and Lloyd hooked up a few years back.

30 NYJ– Cameron Heyward De Ohio St- I think the phone will ring off the hook for sexy rexy but, if they keep it… Surprise Surprise they go defense. Heyward has good work ethic and comes from a system where he had a coach who expects a lot. Good fit here.

31 PIT- Derrick Sherrod OT Mississippi St- They need some O-Line help and Sherrod is the next to go. They could go a few different directions here but I think Sherrod is the guy.

32 G.B-Mike Pouncey C/G Florida-They looked pretty great in the playoffs and Super Bowl and since they have re-signed Hawk I am looking to Pouncey here instead of Wilson the ILB from Illinois.

wicket
03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
heyward ove taylor please. saints need a DT in the long run but not in the short run, a DEnd is needed pretty much straight away, just a bigger need (and better value)

DiG
03-17-2011, 07:21 PM
fairly at 10 would be awesome.

thebow305
03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Love me some Marky Mark

Del1sle
03-17-2011, 08:36 PM
If Peterson made it to 8, the Cowboys would move up and get him.
Also they would take Fairley over Amukamara IMO.

49erNation85
03-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Patrick Peterson > AJ Green by far, Come ' man !!

rawdawg
03-17-2011, 08:46 PM
He could physical and Cutler would ove a tall target again. Remember when he and Lloyd hooked up a few years back.

Who the heck is Lloyd?

rawdawg
03-17-2011, 08:47 PM
29 CHI- Leonard Hankerson WR Miami- I think the Bears go big WR here. Hankerson has the big build it takes to play in the NFC North. He could physical and Cutler would ove a tall target again. Remember when he and Lloyd hooked up a few years back.

Who the heck is Lloyd?

txparkes49x
03-18-2011, 10:34 AM
you f*****g kidding me.

Crazy_Chris
03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I can't see Akeem Ayers being drafted at #11. I think the Texans would go JJ Watt or Aldon Smith there.

prock
03-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Julio is an approved pick.

Matthew Jones
03-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Decent Patriots mock. I wouldn't be unhappy but I think they'd probably go with Jordan over Watt and Pouncey over Watkins.

Razor
03-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Decent Patriots mock. I wouldn't be unhappy but I think they'd probably go with Jordan over Watt and Pouncey over Watkins.

I like Justin Houston over JJ Watt, but other than that: What he said. Decent mock, but not what fans are hoping for right now.

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
03-18-2011, 02:44 PM
He could physical and Cutler would ove a tall target again. Remember when he and Lloyd hooked up a few years back.

Who the heck is Lloyd?

Brandon lloyd when they were in Denver. If that doesnt ring a bell you can look at last years top 5 in yards receiving. His name is Brandon Lloyd.

FlyingElvis
03-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Watt is cool. Watkins in the 1st scares me a bit since he's older, but I'm cool with that one, too.

Brandon lloyd when they were in Denver. If that doesnt ring a bell you can look at last years top 5 in yards receiving. His name is Brandon Lloyd.

lol . . . Lloyd has been a Bronco for two years, both of which were spent in Chicago by Cutler. He hooked up well with Marshall in Denver, though.

Tom Servo
03-18-2011, 03:42 PM
the Browns need a pass rusher off the edge, but the closer the draft gets the more I want Dareus. Good pick

GatorsBullsFan
03-18-2011, 04:36 PM
worst possible pick for the Jags is another DT....DE is the only thing we need on the D-Line...not another DT

Monomach
03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
29 CHI- Leonard Hankerson WR Miami- I think the Bears go big WR here. Hankerson has the big build it takes to play in the NFC North. He could physical and Cutler would ove a tall target again. I like this pick...
Remember when he and Lloyd hooked up a few years back.

...even if this makes no damned sense at all.

Pat Sims 90
03-18-2011, 08:55 PM
The Bengals wont take Akili Smith 2.0

IndyFan-in-Minneapolis
03-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I like this pick...

...even if this makes no damned sense at all.

good call. it was Marshall I was thinking of. my bad. I guess the point was the important part but the name was wrong.