PDA

View Full Version : I am still a fan of Weddle...but...

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 12:32 PM
I think Michael Griffin would be the best fit here...I think Weddle would be incredible in a town like Green Bay...I think Griffin could handle ATL.

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 12:52 PM
I prefer Griffin also, but that's mainly because I don't think Weddle is a value pick at the same level as Griffin.

Griffin = low 1st or early 2nd pick

Weddle = low 2nd or early 3rd pick.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

SimonRath
03-22-2007, 01:50 PM
My top 5 S i would like to see int eh ATL uniform are

1- Landry
2- Griffin
3- Meriweather
4- Nelson
5- Weddle

bigfanga
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
I like your list SR, my only quibble would be to put Nelson at #2 and keep the rest of the order the same.

SimonRath
03-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm just not a fan of Nelson

He had 1 good year thats it,,

Griffin had over 100 tackles with Aaron Ross, Michael Huff, and Cedric Griffin 2 years ago... WOW

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah...Griffin is winning me over the more I think about it. The guy is out there playing with other elite talents and still making his name stand out over and over again...plus he played ST and has been rockin!

The Legend
03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
im a huge fan of Griffin and Weddle

but i think Weddle is the definition of a team player

his passion for football is just amazing

he has played

Kick Returns
Punt Returns
Corner Back
Free Safety
Strong Safety
Outside Linebacker
Wide Receiver
Quarter Back
Running Back

iloxygenil
03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, Eric Weddle is amazing as far as a guy goes, and I think he's a REALLY good FOOTBALL player. He's the kind of guy I would REALLY like because of how effective he can be at so many positions. Jack of all trades tend to slide in the draft because they have nothing they excell at, but this guy is VERY good at a couple things hopefully he's around in the 3rd when we're looking to pick or even if he is a pick for us in the 2nd I wouldn't be unhappy.

Shiver
03-22-2007, 03:43 PM
I personally am enamored with Brandon Meriweather. I think he's the best cover safety in the draft. He met with Emmitt Thomas, not too long ago. Hopefully he made a good impression.

DraftMichaelHuff
03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I personally am enamored with Brandon Meriweather. I think he's the best cover safety in the draft. He met with Emmitt Thomas, not too long ago. Hopefully he made a good impression.

Thats what i like to hear fills a need and is the best value at #39 as well as having the ability to play CB

D-Rod
03-23-2007, 04:56 AM
yup, i'd love meriweather. at least the falcons seem to be checking out the background, and haven't cast him aside immediately. i still think he has a lot to do to persuade them, but at least they are giving him a chance.

scar988
03-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I think Michael Griffin would be the best fit here...I think Weddle would be incredible in a town like Green Bay...I think Griffin could handle ATL.

I personally think BRandon Merriweather is the bets fit for us and accordign to reports his character is fine because the 2 things that were on reports are isolated incidents of self defense.

Geo
03-24-2007, 04:39 PM
How the hell does stomping several times on a Florida International player, on the ground, qualify as self-defense exactly?

ksfalconsfan
04-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I would love to see Weddle as a Falcon because of the character that he brings along with a worker's mentality. He could help at many positions and has shown he will do what it takes. Also he can be had in a much later round than the other elite safeties