PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NCAA Men's Hockey Tourney

roughrider30
03-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Is anyone as excited about this as I am? Sioux hockey is about all we have up in Grand Forks during the winter.

Lets Go Sioux!!!

Here's the Bracket:

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/icehockey-men/d1/2011

nepg
03-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Odd to see the potential BC-Michigan match-up so early in the bracket. In fact, all of the usual suspects (Michigan, BC, Denver, ND) are in the same half of the bracket. That's somewhat disappointing. Obviously pulling for the Eagles.

roughrider30
03-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Odd to see the potential BC-Michigan match-up so early in the bracket. In fact, all of the usual suspects (Michigan, BC, Denver, ND) are in the same half of the bracket. That's somewhat disappointing. Obviously pulling for the Eagles.

Yeah, I thought the NCAA did a poor job setting up the bracket this year. I am biased toward the WCHA, so I was upset to see UND and Denver in the same region especially after the game they just played on Saturday. That St. Louis bracket looks really filthy though. BC has a tough road

yo123
03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
UMD's got this. Sucks to have the #1 team in the country waiting for you in the second round though.

bearsfan_51
03-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Not really sure college hockey needs two threads, but the Big Ten creating its own hockey conference is huge.

It will be interesting to see if further dominos fall, but the CCHA without Michigan and Michigan State is really diminished. The WCHA is the stronger league and should be alright, but it will be much harder for the 4 other Minnesota schools to recruit if they lose the Twin Cities TV market.

bearsfan_51
03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
In the last 10 seasons you've had the following champions:

Big Ten (4) (Minnesota (2), Wisconsin, Michigan State)
Hockey East (4) (Boston College (3), Boston University)
WCHA (2) (Denver (2))

Don Vito
03-22-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/NCAA+Men+s+Frozen+Four+MJYVdNf9NHSl.jpg

Bow down to Cam Atkinson. I don't know if we have any Blue Jackets fans but he will be a beast for you soon.

nepg
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
I pull for BC because they have solid-to-good teams in college sports, but I would be behind BU if I had the choice, to be quite honest. I didn't go to any of them, so I have real loyalty. Just like out here in the KC area. I think K-State is kind of trashy, but I tend to back all of the teams out here...even K-State (I have K-State friends).

roughrider30
03-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Not really sure college hockey needs two threads, but the Big Ten creating its own hockey conference is huge.

It will be interesting to see if further dominos fall, but the CCHA without Michigan and Michigan State is really diminished. The WCHA is the stronger league and should be alright, but it will be much harder for the 4 other Minnesota schools to recruit if they lose the Twin Cities TV market.

I didn't see another college hockey thread, my bad.

It's pretty safe to say the Sioux are huge losers of a Big Ten hockey being created. Taking away their biggest rivalries in Wisconsin and Minnesota is gonna hurt. It won't be the same :(

I think St. Cloud and Duluth will still be able to put a solid team on the ice, but Mankato and Bemidji St. will struggle.

yo123
03-27-2011, 10:54 PM
UMD's got this. Sucks to have the #1 team in the country waiting for you in the second round though.

Ha. **** off Yale. Frozen Four!

yo123
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Third post in a row but **** it national champs bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit- only second. I suck a counting.

J-Mike88
04-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Duluth, Duluth, Dulith is on Fire!
Congrats UMD for their first title ever...... over another midwest team Michigan.

What happened to the East Coast?

yo123
04-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Duluth, Duluth, Dulith is on Fire!
Congrats UMD for their first title ever...... over another midwest team Michigan.

What happened to the East Coast?

**** the East Coast. I told you ************* to watch out for the Bulldogs. UMD baby.

SuperMcGee
04-10-2011, 05:47 PM
They had them pinned for all of overtime. Well deserved. But still, ****.

prock
04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
**** the east coast, congrats to the Doggies. Not a UMD fan, but it is always good to see someone reppin the greatest of states.