25. San Diego Chargers (from Sea): Jason Pinkston, OL, Pittsburgh
26. Baltimore Ravens: Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi State
27. Atlanta Falcons: James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
28. New England Patriots: Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
29. Chicago Bears: Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
30. New York Jets: Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina
32. Green Bay Packers: Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado

Thank you for reading! Comments are appreciated!

CheeseKnuckles
03-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm alright with the Packers draft... though I am not sure they will pick an OLB in the 1st. TT has shown he will stick with his players and let the coaches/system develop them. There will be a competition for the starting OLB opposite CM3 next year involving three guys Walden/Zombo/Jones. I am almost postive the 1st rd pick will be OL/DL/WR/CB and not OLB.

BrendanLeister
03-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh okay, thanks! I feel that OLB is a pretty big need for them because they need a guy that can take pressure off of CM3. Ayers fits the bill but I believe what you're saying.

Don Vito
03-23-2011, 10:11 AM
17. New England Patriots (from Oak): JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
28. New England Patriots: Derek Sherrod, T, Mississippi State
1. New England Patriots (From Car): Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
28. New England Patriots: Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
10. New England Patriots (from Min): Steve Wisniewski, OL, Penn State
28. New England Patriots: Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian

I don't think Wisniewski will fall that far but if he does there would probably be something about him that really is scaring NFL teams off. Watt, Sherrod, Reed, Williams, and Wisniewski would be a pretty amazing first 5 picks. Swapping Greg Little for Gates and perhaps Boling for Ryan Williams would work too, I love this Pats draft though. Nice work.

BTW Pernell McPhee went to Mississippi State not Ole Miss.

BrendanLeister
03-23-2011, 10:19 AM
I only had Wisniewski falling that far because it seems everybody has been over-looking him lately and because it was tough for me to find a place for him. I almost had the Pats taking Greg Little but I feel like they'll like Gates more because they always seem to find the great small school guys and because Gates's speed will really open up their offense. Thank you for reminding me with McPhee and also thank you for the feedback. I think the Pats are about to have another great draft.

GatorsBullsFan
03-23-2011, 10:22 AM
not a bad draft for the Jags but Johnny Patrick...Allen Bailey, Bruce Carter, Brandon Burton....I would take any of those 3 over him or even Andy Dalton or Kaepernick...I think there are better people on the board

BrendanLeister
03-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the feedback! That was a tough pick to make.

J-Mike88
03-23-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm alright with the Packers draft... though I am not sure they will pick an OLB in the 1st.
Hell, no one is sure they will pick anything, anytime.
Nobody thought that they would go the whole draft last year without drafting a single CB or OLB, but it happened.

Many mocks, from Kiper to McShay, are guessing we take Brooks Reed.
Earlier, they had us with Justin Houston.
So a lot of people think another dandy OLB would be great for the Packers.

Good guess, but I don't like Ayers, would much rather have Reed.

BrendanLeister
03-23-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm with you. I like Reed more than Ayers but feel Ayers may be a better compliment to CM3 because he can do more than just rush the passer. That pick at 32 is one of the toughest to predict because GB has a lot of lateral needs.

jCut
03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Nice value with Denver's draft.

Pat Sims 90
03-23-2011, 01:48 PM
I dont know if the report Peter King came out with that Bengals have Julio Jones over AJ Green is true but i really dont care which one they would take because it is a upgrade from what they.

Dont think the Bengals will take a CB that high unless it is Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara because they already have solid Corners. Bengals are going to need to address at least one of the OL position in 2nd or 3rd round.

Andy Dalton is fine in the 3rd

DiG
03-23-2011, 01:50 PM
skins take locker with the 10th pick or they trade down for him. if neither one of those happens than the shanahans arent sold on him and wont take him rd 2.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
skins take locker with the 10th pick or they trade down for him. if neither one of those happens than the shanahans arent sold on him and wont take him rd 2.

While I agree with that sentiment and I do believe Locker will go top 15 doesn't mean they would pass him up if he were there in the 2nd. They might have not been sold on him as a franchise QB but in the 2nd it would be dumb not to take the risk. Although I see what you mean as Jimmy Clausen's drop was a result of teams who didn't want him in the first being too scared to take him in the 2nd as they had already skipped over him.

vidae
03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
I can't hate on that Chiefs mock. Nice job!

T-RICH49
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
go Wisniewski in RD 2 and you have a perfect KC draft

wicket
03-23-2011, 03:49 PM
not spectacular but very acceptable saints mock

BrendanLeister
03-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys!

First of all, I think the Bengals would see great value in taking Jimmy Smith in the second round especially with Joseph being a FA this year(I believe). They need another start to put across from Leon Hall if Joseph leaves. Bengals don't mind guys with character issues. I think Smith is almost as good as Amukamara so I see that as great value.

Redskins picks were tough because of the QB issue. I know they like Locker a lot but felt the better value was to take Green in the first round and take Locker in the second if he fell that far and he did in my mock.

I have Cobb going to KC because they have no form of a number 2 WR to compliment Bowe right now and I feel Cobb is perfect for their system. You're right about Wisniewski though, he would be a great pick there too.

prock
03-23-2011, 08:38 PM
I dig this Vikings mock.

Pat Sims 90
03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys!

First of all, I think the Bengals would see great value in taking Jimmy Smith in the second round especially with Joseph being a FA this year(I believe). They need another start to put across from Leon Hall if Joseph leaves. Bengals don't mind guys with character issues. I think Smith is almost as good as Amukamara so I see that as great value.

They have Adam Jones, Morgan Trent, and they drafted Brandon Ghee last year. Who all could be number 2 corners. If they don't take Peterson or Amkamara in the 1st then they wont take 1 in the 2nd.

OL is the biggest need on the team. The Bengals are starting OL that would be 2nd or 3rd stringers on other teams. Only person on the team that knows how to pass block is Andrew Whitworth. Everybody can pass block to save their lives.

WR is also a bigger need then CB because Ocho will be traded when CBA is reached and TO is not coming back and the starters they have now are ok at best.

BrendanLeister
03-23-2011, 10:14 PM
Great points! I'll keep all of that in mind. I agree with you that OL and WR are huge needs. I don't think any of those CBs are as talented as Smith but I definitely see your point and won't have Smith going to the Bengals in my next mock.

Thank you for the thoughts!!

49erNation85
03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Descent 9ers draft.However, I would rather have Mallet in round two.Then go ILB round 3.I think Mallet would be a boom type player in SF.Darn it for Locker just getting picked before SF too.

BrendanLeister
03-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm not a big Mallett fan at all and I don't think Harbaugh will like him for his offense at all. I could be wrong though. I just don't think it's a good fit. Thank you for the input!

colts_fan8818
03-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Not a bad Colts draft. However I don't see us addressing the interior line in the 1st tackle is a much greater need the OG. So someone like Sherrod or Carimi is more likely. I like the Nevis pick good value and fits a position of need. As for the third pick, SS is a huge need as Sanders has been cut and Bullit might not be returning. Also Polian likes to diversify his picks so it is doubtful that he will go linemen for the first 3 rounds, especially when safety is such a huge need.

thebow305
03-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice Phins draft

TNPatsFan
03-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I only had Wisniewski falling that far because it seems everybody has been over-looking him lately and because it was tough for me to find a place for him. I almost had the Pats taking Greg Little but I feel like they'll like Gates more because they always seem to find the great small school guys and because Gates's speed will really open up their offense. Thank you for reminding me with McPhee and also thank you for the feedback. I think the Pats are about to have another great draft.

There is kind of a myth that the Pats draft a lot of small school guys. The reality is actually just the opposite. The Pats draft almost exclusively players from major conferences. They have only drafted I believe 2 players in BB's entire tenure who were from a division 2 or lower school (and that was a sixth and a 7th round pick), and the only "small conference" division 1 players that I can think of that they have drafted in recent years were Julian Edelman and Taylor Price, and the MAC is probably the best of all the so-called small conferences for turning out good NFL players.

With that said I do like this mock for the Pats. I'd say they are all quite realistic picks. But yeah, I don't see them drafting Gates.

Scotty D
03-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not that high for Castonzo at 13 but if he can play LT its a decent pick. Dowling is an ok pick but I'd rather have Moch or Sheppard over McCarthy in the 3rd.