PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dubstep Thread

thule
03-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Dubstep has been around for quite awhile but it looks like it's starting to become more mainstream over this past year. Dubstep has evolved into my favorite genre with guys like rusko/nero/bassnectar/chase & status/doctor p/benga/skrillex

Anyone else been into womps lately?

Just to start it off I'll go with the song that brought me into dubstep. I also have a 98 song playlist on youtube if you are interested in some of the bigger more popular songs of the genre.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F1C8522AC43C3949

New Rusko
sDugAp8JrpE

Some Skrillex which is awesome
WSeNSzJ2-Jw

Hawk
03-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I like Girl Talk

Hollywood
03-23-2011, 05:42 PM
meh. I find those terrible. I don't really know the difference between dubstep, trance, house, dance. whatever whatever. I just now I like some old school Florida classics like these -

TovEKSkqh6I

DY8MqHgSFz4

Keoki is another favorite. Ego Trip is without a doubt my all time favorite CD in that category...

D0WnNxtAww4

K-e1TelqxBo

damn man you got me on a DJ trip now...how about this for some DNB -

NzwttVCcwA8

Did any of that qualify as dubstep???

crisco0710
03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHAEOEA4yk

I don't know how to get the video to show

thule
03-24-2011, 02:56 PM
NzwttVCcwA8

Did any of that qualify as dubstep???

Your last one is close. Everything you posted before that had more of a trance/house feel to it for me.

Dubstep is almost always 140 bpm....so it's a little faster than the stuff you posted. Dubstep primarily uses wobble bass and I didn't really see any of that in your stuff.

Probably my favorite song in the genre right now
5DuAjgwNskc

Some more dubstep
zfkOJcDkrjs

Not sure if this counts as dubstep..but it brought me to the genre
FbGjxFevqgE

thule
03-24-2011, 02:57 PM
BXHAEOEA4yk

I don't know how to get the video to show

Drum and Bass is awesome too...sick song

Damix
03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I've been to a Skrillex concert. Let me tell you...it is...interesting. Especially since this one was all ages.

thule
03-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I can about imagine how many twacked out 16 year old girls there were slooting it up with you damix.

<---tad bit jelly

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I ******* LOVE dupstep

nepg
03-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Love it. Chrispy and the UKF guys do it best (Flux Pavilion in particular). Not that into Bassnectar, but he's been touring and apparently does a nice live show.

Don Vito
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm not a big fan. I went to a few shows when it got big here at Ole Miss a year or so ago, I saw Bassnectar and Pretty Lights. The shows were good but I'm not a huge fan of just listening to it. Seeing it at a show was cool though.

TitanHope
03-24-2011, 05:02 PM
There are 2 things in this world that I love: Dubstep and having lots and lots of quarters in my car.

8lLqqR2pcws

crisco0710
03-24-2011, 05:08 PM
I've been to a Skrillex concert. Let me tell you...it is...interesting. Especially since this one was all ages.

I seen Skrillex at SXSW last week along with almost every good rapper that is out right now. I saw so many good shows, unfortunately Wiz's was $160.

nepg
03-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm not a big fan. I went to a few shows when it got big here at Ole Miss a year or so ago, I saw Bassnectar and Pretty Lights. The shows were good but I'm not a huge fan of just listening to it. Seeing it at a show was cool though.

Bassnectar isn't good, though... He's just popular.

nepg
03-24-2011, 05:52 PM
RDVqOf3gfto
Qjt5JC7eNgc

JoeJoeBrown
03-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Interesting thread.

I'm guess I'm old. Not a big dubstep fan. I'm an old school dnb guy. Love my house, trance, and prog house. Ambient trance to chill to. I just can't get into dubstep. I like some of the sounds, but it doesn't hook me.

Crisco, what rappers did you see at SXSW? I missed the entire week as I was out of town.

Saw Bassnectar a few years ago. Meh music, very good show. It's more of a spectacle than anything else.

LOL @ Damix. I remember those kinds of parties. Before I got old, they were interesting. Still always preferred 21+ venues.

I remember hitting the Electric Daisy Carnival here in Austin in 2001 (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mid-missouri-raves/message/1470). It was a fun lineup. Roni Size was awesome that night.

Damix
03-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Interesting thread.

I'm guess I'm old. Not a big dubstep fan. I'm an old school dnb guy. Love my house, trance, and prog house. Ambient trance to chill to. I just can't get into dubstep. I like some of the sounds, but it doesn't hook me.

Crisco, what rappers did you see at SXSW? I missed the entire week as I was out of town.

Saw Bassnectar a few years ago. Meh music, very good show. It's more of a spectacle than anything else.

LOL @ Damix. I remember those kinds of parties. Before I got old, they were interesting. Still always preferred 21+ venues.

I remember hitting the Electric Daisy Carnival here in Austin in 2001 (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mid-missouri-raves/message/1470). It was a fun lineup. Roni Size was awesome that night.

I'd say I do as well, but you can't complain about half naked 18 year olds running around and also never having to wait for a drink at the bar.

At least they kept the under 18 crew on the bottom floor

JoeJoeBrown
03-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I'd say I do as well, but you can't complain about half naked 18 year olds running around and also never having to wait for a drink at the bar.

At least they kept the under 18 crew on the bottom floor

Oh, no complaints here about the underclothed hotties. I just remember the parties where there were plenty of under 18 kids. That gets weird. Seeing a bunch of young kids whacked out of their minds is depressing. I don't care what an adult does, but seeing some 15 year old freaking out is sad.

HawkEye30
03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
There are 2 things in this world that I love: Dubstep and having lots and lots of quarters in my car.

8lLqqR2pcws

What the **** did I just watch? hahah

Damix
05-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Went and saw Rusko at the 9:30 club last weekend. Was a pretty awesome show, the guy is a nut, never stops moving the entire time

djp
05-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Not sure Pretty Lights qualifies as dubstep but More Important than Michael Jordan and Aimin at Your Head are two of my favorite songs.

WMD
05-08-2011, 11:32 PM

8lLqqR2pcws
It was hard not to laugh at that. But I think I'm a better person because I held it in. Anyways, I love my robot music.

K9HPojK-R_w

thule
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Went and saw Rusko at the 9:30 club last weekend. Was a pretty awesome show, the guy is a nut, never stops moving the entire time

I went to rusko on 4/20 in minneapolis and it was to date the best day of my life. I have a couple videos I might throw up....he knows how to work a crowd. Did he play renegade at your show?

UK_Cheesehead
05-10-2011, 05:27 AM
Rusko is immense, saw him at Creamfields and he tore **** up.

WtMlB-BEMso

When he played this it went off!

Also if you guys get chance go and see Annie Mac (I think she has toured the US/Canada in the past but if she does in the future it's definately worth going to see her) my fav DJ atm and has helped really make dubstep mainstream over here last couple of years.

nepg
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Anyone else pick up Circus One?

nepg
05-10-2011, 05:46 PM
T2ijglNZiB4

TitanHope
06-13-2011, 02:44 PM
85wgzj8hZyg

This. I like.

[PS. Wobblegirl was a hoax by the girl. Unless the doctor jabs the needle into your brainstem, a flu shot can't do that to you...but it's sooooo much funnier with the thought that it's legit!]