PDA

View Full Version : 35 Days Away Mock Draft

jrdrylie
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
This is my first time making a mock where I predict trades. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

1. Carolina Panthers- QB Blaine Gabbert Missouri
2. Denver Broncos- DT Marcell Dareus Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills- OLB Von Miller Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati Bengals- QB Cam Newton Auburn
5. Arizona Cardinals- CB Patrick Peterson LSU
6. Cleveland Browns- WR AJ Green UGA
7. San Francisco 49ers- DE/OLB Robert Quinn UNC
8. Tennessee Titans- DT Nick Fairley Auburn
9. Dallas Cowboys- CB Prince Amukamara Nebraska
10. St. Louis Rams from Washington- *St. Louis trades picks 14 and 78* WR Julio Jones Alabama
11. Houston Texans- DE JJ Watt Wisconsin
12. Minnesota Vikings- DE Da'Quan Bowers Clemson
13. Detroit Lions- OT Tyron Smith USC
14. San Diego Chargers from St. Louis via Washington- *San Diego Trades picks 18 and 82* DE Cameron Jordan California
15. Miami Dolphins- RB Mark Ingram Alabama
16. Jacksonville Jaguars- DE Ryan Kerrigan Purdue
17. New England Patriots via Oakland- OT Anthony Castonzo Boston College
18. Washington Redskins via San Diego- QB Jake Locker Washington
19. New York Giants- DT Corey Liuget Illinois
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- DE Aldon Smith Missouri
21. New England Patriots from Kansas City- *New England trades picks 28 and 74* OLB Justin Houston UGA
22. Indianapolis Colts- OT Nate Solder Colorado
23. Philadelphia Eagles- CB Jimmy Smith Colorado
24. New Orleans Saints- DE Adrian Clayborn Iowa
25. Pittsburgh Steelers via Seattle- * Pittsburgh trades picks 31 and 95. Teams also swap 5th round picks* OG Mike Pouncey Florida
26. Baltimore Ravens- DE Christian Ballard Iowa
27. Atlanta Falcons- DE Allen Bailey Miami
28. Kansas City Chiefs via New England- NT Stephen Paea Oregon State
29. Chicago Bears- DT Muhammad Wilkerson Temple
30. New York Jets- DE Cameron Heyward Ohio State
31. Seattle Seahawks vis Pittsburgh- QB Christian Ponder FSU
32. Green Bay Packers- OLB Brooks Reed Arizona

33. New England Patriots via Carolina- OG/C Stefan Wisniewski Penn State
34. Buffalo Bills- QB Collin Kaepernick Nevada
35. Cincinnati Bengals- WR Torrey Smith Maryland
36. Denver Broncos- CB Brandon Harris Miami
37. Cleveland Browns- NT Phil Taylor Baylor
38. Arizona Cardinals- OT Derek Sherrod Mississippi State
39. Tennessee Titans- QB Ryan Mallett Arkansas
40. Dallas Cowboys- S Rahim Moore UCLA
41. Washington Redskins- WR Jonathan Baldwin
42. Houston Texans- OLB Dontay Moch Nevada
43. Jacksonville via Minnesota- *Jacksonville trades picks 49 and 113* CB/S Aaron Williams Texas
44. Detroit Lions- OLB Akeem Ayers UCLA
45. Atlanta Falcons via San Francisco- * Atlanta trades picks 59 and 91* TE Kyle Rudolph Notre Dame
46. Denver Broncos- MLB Martez Wilson Illinois
47. St. Louis Rams- OG Danny Watkins Baylor
48. Oakland Raiders- OG/OT Ben Ijalana Villanova
49. New Orleans from Jacksonville via Minnesota- *New Orleans trades picks 56 and 88* RB Mikel LeShoure Illinois
50. San Diego Chargers- WR Titus Young Boise State
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- OT Orlando Franklin Miami
52. New York Giants- OT/OG Clint Boling UGA
53. Indianapolis Colts- Drake Nevis LSU
54. Philadelphia Eagles- OG Marcus Cannon TCU
55. Kansas City Chiefs- Jerrel Jernigan Troy
56. Minnesota Vikings via New Orleans- S DeAndre McDaniel Clemson
57. Seattle Seahawks- S Quinton Carter Oklahoma
58. Baltimore Ravens- WR Leonard Hankerson Miami
59. San Francisco 49ers via Atlanta- QB Andy Dalton TCU
60. New England Patriots- WR Randall Cobb Kentucky
61. San Diego Chargers via New York Jets- OT DeMarcus Love Arkansas
62. Washington Redskins via Chicago- *Washington trades picks 78, 141, and 152* DE/OLB Jabaal Sheard Pittsburgh
63. Pittsburgh Steelers- CB Ras-I Dowling Virginia
64. Green Bay Packers- CB Curtis Brown Texas

Final Results of Trades:
St. Louis- Receives Washington's 1st (10 overall) and loses their 1st and 3rd (14 and 78 overall)
San Diego- Receives St. Louis' 1st (14 overall) and loses their 1st and 3rd (18 and 72 overall)
Kansas City- Receives New England's 1st and 3rd (28 and 74 overall) and loses their 1st (21 Overall)
New England- Receives Kansas City's 1st (21 Overall) and loses their 1st and 3rd from Minnesota (28 and 74 overall)
Pittsburgh- Receives Seattle's 1st and 5th (25 and 153 overall) and loses their 1st, 3rd, and 5th (31, 95, and 159 overall)
Jacksonville- Receives Minnesota's 2nd (43 overall) and loses their 2nd and 4th (49 and 113 overall)
Atlanta- Receives San Francisco's 2nd (45 overall) and loses their 2nd and 3rd (59 and 91 overall)
New Orleans- Receives Minnesota's 2nd from Jacksonville (49 overall) and loses their 2nd and 3rd (56 and 88 overall)
Minnesota- Receives New Orleans' 2nd and 3rd and Jacksonville's 4th (56, 88, and 113 overall) and loses their 2nd (43 overall)
Washington- Receives San Diego's 1st and 3rd and Chicago's 2nd (18, 62, 82overall) and loses their 1st and both 5ths (10, 141, and 152 overall)
Chicago- Receives St. Louis' 3rd from Washington and Washington's two 5ths (78, 141, and 152 overall) and loses their 2nd (62)

Pat Sims 90
03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
/Facepalm

(10 char)

jrdrylie
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
It seems like Bengals fans hate every mock draft. But the truth is the Carson Palmer situation is not going to have a pretty ending so they have to get a QB. I don't like Newton either, but the pick is very likely.

Pat Sims 90
03-24-2011, 04:56 PM
It seems like Bengals fans hate every mock draft. But the truth is the Carson Palmer situation is not going to have a pretty ending so they have to get a QB. I don't like Newton either, but the pick is very likely.

No every Bengals Fan hate Cam Newton. Newton is not a West Coast QB and it is a likely pick does not mean Bengal Fans have to like it. But just because they need a QB they dont have to take 1 in the 1st they could take 1 in 2nd or 3rd or they dont have to take one at all if they like Dan Lefevour enough.

saintsfan912
03-24-2011, 05:13 PM
No thanks. No reason to trade up for another HB. Especially not giving up a 3rd to move up 7 spots, that's ridiculous.

saintsfan912
03-24-2011, 05:16 PM
And would much rather have Hayward or Wilkerson in the first. FYI, you have Wilkerson going twice.

vidae
03-24-2011, 05:20 PM
No Paea to KC. Phil Taylor is a better pick.

jrdrylie
03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Dang, I thought I changed that pick. It was supposed to be Wisniewski, I'll make the change. Thanks.

Babylon
03-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Seattle

Like the trades, kind of slick.

Warming to Ponder with Jake gone, had they not traded that 3rd for Whitehurst i could have seen them moving up but not now. Way to go Pete.

jrdrylie
03-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah, trading a 3rd round pick to a guy who had never thrown a pass in the NFL is one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen.

Babylon
03-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, trading a 3rd round pick to a guy who had never thrown a pass in the NFL is one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen.

Technically none of the rookies have thrown one either but Whitehurst to me is nothing more than a career backup.

Crazy_Chris
03-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Da'Quan Bowers is a good pick. But if Jake Locker is going to go in the mid first, I don't see him getting past the Vikes. Also can't see them moving down in the 2nd either when they have Aaron Williams & Kyle Rudolph still on the board.

jrdrylie
03-24-2011, 06:14 PM
The Vikings may be very high on Locker. But I'd be willing to bet that they have Bowers a lot higher than Locker on their big board (possibly 10-15 spots higher). Teams usually do not stray that far from their rankings.

Crazy_Chris
03-24-2011, 06:16 PM
The Vikings may be very high on Locker. But I'd be willing to bet that they have Bowers a lot higher than Locker on their big board (possibly 10-15 spots higher). Teams usually do not stray that far from their rankings.

While I am sure Bowers is very high on their board DE really isn't a huge need. QB need trumps all other positions.

KCJ58
03-24-2011, 07:14 PM
the Rams will not trade up wif Washington for Julio, there just gonna sit there at #14 and take the BPA on their board

prock
03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
This is neat for the Vikings.

jrdrylie
03-24-2011, 08:07 PM
the Rams will not trade up wif Washington for Julio, there just gonna sit there at #14 and take the BPA on their board

Thank you for the prediction Nostradamus. The truth is nobody knows for sure what will happen. But here is how I see it. St. Louis has one of the bottom five receiving corps in the league. They have to give Bradford more weapons if he is going to progress. And if they can get Jones, who will instantly be his best weapon, for just a third round pick, I don't see why they wouldn't jump on that.

TNPatsFan
03-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Pats draft:
Castonzo - I don't think they'll take an OT at 17 but I suppose it could happen.

Houston - I would be shocked if they traded up to 21 to draft Houston. I don't think they, or anyone else, would have him rated that highly.

Wisniewski - A realistic pick. I like this one.

Cobb - Here we go again with Cobb. Why does everyone mock Cobb to the Pats? It makes no sense.

coordinator0
03-24-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm not a big fan of Ballard at 26, but it isn't that bad. Reed would probably be better. Hankerson is always great in the second.

jrdrylie
03-24-2011, 11:21 PM
I think people do have Houston rated that high. A lot of Kansas City fans want him at that spot and I've seen Saints fans ask for him three spots later. And what is your issue with Cobb. Receiver is obviously a need for the Patriots and I think he is the best one available. Will he ever be a number one? Doubtful. But Welker is likely gone soon (he'll cost too much to keep) and I think Cobb is the type of guy to replace him.

I admit that Ballard is a little high, but every year a guy sneaks into the first round and I have been hearing a lot of talk about Ballard being that guy.

J-Mike88
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
I'll take those 2 Packers picks, B+.

You're right about the Bengals. I feel bad for their fans, but that team is a total mess, and I don't blame Palmer for escaping that s*****e.

Now I do love the area there in Cinci and suburbs, but that team is a total disgrace thanks to their owner and I believe Carson 100% that he's done with that Mickey Mouse organization.

coordinator0
03-24-2011, 11:52 PM
I think people do have Houston rated that high. A lot of Kansas City fans want him at that spot and I've seen Saints fans ask for him three spots later. And what is your issue with Cobb. Receiver is obviously a need for the Patriots and I think he is the best one available. Will he ever be a number one? Doubtful. But Welker is likely gone soon (he'll cost too much to keep) and I think Cobb is the type of guy to replace him.

I admit that Ballard is a little high, but every year a guy sneaks into the first round and I have been hearing a lot of talk about Ballard being that guy.

I realize this, but the Ravens never seem to be the team that takes those kinds of players (outside of Flacco). Reed would probably fall under that category too though, but he's just a favorite of mine :).

AntoinCD
03-25-2011, 04:23 AM
Honestly not a fan of this Pats mock. Castonzo's ok and I suppose could be targetted but I don't like the value.

I highly doubt the Pats trade up for Houston. They are currently sitting at 28 and you have them trading to 21. The players available after 21 who they may take at 28 if they fell without trading up are Houston, Jimmy Smith(unlikely), Christian Ballard, Allen Bailey, Mike Pouncey, Muhammad Wilkerson, Cameron Heyward, Brooks Reed, Akeem Ayers, Martez Wilson, Stefan Wisniewski Sam Acho, Jabaal Sheard, Aaron Williams etc. I would be surprised if Houston wasn't valued near the bottom of that list so they likelihood they trade up for him is very slim.

In the second Wisniewski is solid and a definite need so thats ok.

Really not a fan of the Cobb pick. I think realistically the Pats options at WR early are limited to AJ Green, Julio Jones and Leonard Hankerson. I would much prefer someone like Curtis Brown or even Ras-I Dowling as he would be a versatile option in the defensive backfield.

T-RICH49
03-25-2011, 04:48 AM
No Paea to KC. Phil Taylor is a better pick.

and Hank in the 2nd

jrdrylie
03-25-2011, 08:21 AM
and Hank in the 2nd

I thought about Hankerson because I think he is a slightly better player. But I went with Jernigan because he offers more of a change of pace to Dwayne Bowe. With that said, I'm not sure how much different he is from McCluster, so maybe Hankerson would be a better pick. I'll take that into consideration next time.

49erNation85
03-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Nicely done for for SF tho second round might be too high for Dalton.

jrdrylie
03-25-2011, 09:00 AM
While I'm not sure Dalton is worth a 2nd round pick, I think that is where he ends up. He is a smart guy with some mobility so I think he is a guy that Harbaugh might target. But that is why I had San Francisco trade down a bit. It's a little better value and adds another 3rd round pick (possibly on a guy like Davon House or Johnny Patrick)

TNPatsFan
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM

Why do you think it Welker is "likely gone soon"? Do you know something we don't know? The Pats already have too many slot receivers. They already have too many receivers that are projects and need time to develop. They don't need another one. I know Mayock has Cobb as his number five receiver, but Mayock is wrong a lot. Cobb isn't even one of the top 15 receivers in this draft because he's just another one of those college players that plays the "ATH" position and so NFL teams try to make a WR out of him. Just trying to give you some constructive criticism on the mock. Listen to anyone who follows the Pats closely and they will tell you the Pats picking Cobb is extremely unlikely.

Besides that, it may seem obvious to you that WR is a need for the Pats, but because of how many of them they already have on the roster, most of us don't think they will even take a WR early unless a stud like Jones falls to them. Taking the best WR available just to fit a need isn't the way BB works. If he takes a WR early, and that's a huge IF, then he is going to be looking for a certain type of WR, and Cobb isn't that type of WR. Personally I will be surprised if they take a WR before round 4 if they even take one at all.

jrdrylie
03-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I think Welker will be gone soon because when he hits free agency, some team is going to look at his three 100 reception 1100 yard seasons and think he is a number one receiver and throw $8 million a year his way and i doubt the Patriots match it.

thebow305
03-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Nice Phins pick