PDA

View Full Version : Kitna and Roy want......

Bootland27
03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Calvin Johnson

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070322/SPORTS01/70322037

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Calvin Johnson

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070322/SPORTS01/70322037Holy ****.

Ok. I'll support this... if we can trade back up and draft goddamn PWillis.

Bah. I want PWillis more than CJesus.

mgoblue
03-22-2007, 03:01 PM
please listen to them Millen.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
please listen to them Millen.

Haha... you dont have to convince Millen... you've gotta convince Marinelli.

Either way, no. Draft PWillis.

Bootland27
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
How bout Kitna sayin "If we score more in the red zone, we’ll win 10 ball games"

10 wins???? Did Charles Rogers' break him off a hunk of the sticky icky before he left???

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 03:04 PM
How bout Kitna sayin "If we score more in the red zone, we’ll win 10 more ball games"

10 wins???? Did Charles Rogers' break him off a hunk of the sticky icky before he left???That's a stupid line.

A lot of our games were lost by next to nothing... late drives and bad give-a-ways.

If we score more in the red zone... we'll win many more games? 10? *shrugs*. Who knows.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
I would in no way be disappoint with Calvin Johnson as our pick at 2.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 04:25 PM
I would in no way be disappoint with Calvin Johnson as our pick at 2.The more I think about it... and I HATE saying this... I wouldn't either. I'd rather have Willis, but I'd be happy with CJesus (yes, this is a new direction for me).

Drafting Willis suggests a trade down, which I also like.

Newbs24
03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
That's a stupid line.

A lot of our games were lost by next to nothing... late drives and bad give-a-ways.

If we score more in the red zone... we'll win many more games? 10? *shrugs*. Who knows.

The main reason we lost was that our DEFENSE couldn't stop a damn thing. I am all for drafting PWillie and getting a good fast defense out there that can make some plays and stop other teams. I would not mind CJ21 but I really want PWillie. I think Mike Williams will produce more than everyone thinks.

Scotty D
03-22-2007, 06:06 PM
If Millen has the cojones I think he should do it.

neko4
03-22-2007, 06:09 PM
So how does Furrey feel about this?

Scotty D
03-22-2007, 06:18 PM

He would still see the field a lot. Probably be the #2 for a while.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
The main reason we lost was that our DEFENSE couldn't stop a damn thing. I am all for drafting PWillie and getting a good fast defense out there that can make some plays and stop other teams. I would not mind CJ21 but I really want PWillie. I think Mike Williams will produce more than everyone thinks.I agree with you about the Willis-CJesus comments.

I want PWillis more than any other player in this draft. If they drafted CJesus, and filled the other needs adequately, i'll get over it.

Brodeur
03-22-2007, 06:37 PM

He himself said that he was a slot receiver and his contract is basically of a slot receiver like money. I really doubt he would mind.

Of course, with the signing of McDonald, if CJesus (as Tactica rightfully called him), this would virtually mean the end of BMW in Detroit.

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 06:44 PM
He himself said that he was a slot receiver and his contract is basically of a slot receiver like money. I really doubt he would mind.

Of course, with the signing of McDonald, if CJesus (as Tactica rightfully called him), this would virtually mean the end of BMW in Detroit.Very true. RWilliams, CJesus, MFurrey and McDonald... if they cut Drummond (and their other young prospects), BMW could sit as the #5 receiver.

Ouch.

(And, thank you for using my new name for "the player formerly known as CJ21". For now on... he is, to me, CJesus.)

Scotty D
03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Do you think the front office would tell the players to say this or is that thinking to much into it?

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Do you think the front office would tell the players to say this or is that thinking to much into it?Well...

I was suprised that, knowing the direction the coaches want to go, two very influencial players would come out and say what they said.

But, it would be quite the gameplan to have them say it.

Either way, it's interesting. But, I wouldn't be suprised if it was some magical gameplan... talk about teamwork.

JoeMontainya
03-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I bet Millen wants to draft CJ but is afraid the media will kill him for it, so hes having other players speak up so he doesnt get alot of blame.

Prowler
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
maybe now we can blackmail/bargain with tampa bay a bit more aggressively for swapping picks.

Iamcanadian
03-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Do you think the front office would tell the players to say this or is that thinking to much into it?

My guess is that Martz wants CJ and is just politicing through his players in an attempt to secure him. That's what takes place in an organization with 2 HC's, one on Offense and one on Defense and a GM who hasn't a clue about what's right for the team.

asmitty45
03-22-2007, 11:59 PM
maybe now we can blackmail/bargain with tampa bay a bit more aggressively for swapping picks.

ya for all we know that could be exacly what they are trying to do here, have the players be in support of a guy to drive up the asking price. i still think id be pretty upset by drafting him over PWillie but i must say madden 08 would be SICK!

Aard
03-23-2007, 03:12 PM
The more I think about it... and I HATE saying this... I wouldn't either. I'd rather have Willis, but I'd be happy with CJesus (yes, this is a new direction for me).

Drafting Willis suggests a trade down, which I also like.

;)

I knew you'd come around, Tac.

FWIW, I'm a Willis fan, too (you've convinced me!), and have been watching the "trade down" rumors with glee in the hopes we could snag Willis and gain 2nd round picks. But "trade up" works, too. It would be much more costly than a trade down, obviously, but we'd have CJ in Honolulu Blue, so I could live with it.

I still believe Oakland will somehow end up with CJ. I know they love JaMarcus, but Al Davis isn't blind. Calvin Johnson carries far less risk than Russell, IMO. And I still fear Davis pulls the trigger on Stanton at 2.01, further screwing with Millen's master plan.

Addict
03-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I agree with you about the Willis-CJesus comments.

I want PWillis more than any other player in this draft. If they drafted CJesus, and filled the other needs adequately, i'll get over it.

We know that ;)

Let's be realistic, there isn't a single team in this league that would not be happy to have CJ, on the other hand, I do think that a draft that includes Willis will improve our defense drastically, but then again... the colts have done the 'omg that offense, where's the defense'-thing and won a superbowl with it. (no, I'm not comparing Kitna to Manning, I am not insane, and my psychiatrist agrees with me!).

In the end, there is a case to be made for both, if we can trade down, it's Willis, if we don't get any viable offers, CJ all the way.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 04:06 PM
We know that ;)

Let's be realistic, there isn't a single team in this league that would not be happy to have CJ, on the other hand, I do think that a draft that includes Willis will improve our defense drastically, but then again... the colts have done the 'omg that offense, where's the defense'-thing and won a superbowl with it. (no, I'm not comparing Kitna to Manning, I am not insane, and my psychiatrist agrees with me!).

In the end, there is a case to be made for both, if we can trade down, it's Willis, if we don't get any viable offers, CJ all the way.Fantastic post (minus the "You're a Willis-manwhore *wink* comment)... goddamn truth.

Whenever I think about the Ravens or Bears, I think about Ray Lewis or Urlacher... and how scary they are (and how they set the tone for their defenses). You see these players running around the field and blowing people up alllll gaaaame loooong... which is awesome. I want that for the Lions... the leader and face of the defense... and I think PWillis could be it.

Nice "omg that offense, where's the defense" comment. Defense wins championships... unless you have Peyton Manning. (Stop... I know, I know... the Colts' defense played great. Don't yell at me.)

I knew you'd come around, Tac.

FWIW, I'm a Willis fan, too (you've convinced me!), and have been watching the "trade down" rumors with glee in the hopes we could snag Willis and gain 2nd round picks. But "trade up" works, too. It would be much more costly than a trade down, obviously, but we'd have CJ in Honolulu Blue, so I could live with it.

I still believe Oakland will somehow end up with CJ. I know they love JaMarcus, but Al Davis isn't blind. Calvin Johnson carries far less risk than Russell, IMO. And I still fear Davis pulls the trigger on Stanton at 2.01, further screwing with Millen's master plan.
*sigh*... don't get me wrong. I WANT Willis. But... I'd accept CJesus. Having Williams and CJesus would just be scccary. But, so is PWillis by himself.

I dunno. I don't think they should go that direction, but I'd get over it.

I said that last post. *sigh*...

Addict
03-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Fantastic post (minus the "You're a Willis-manwhore *wink* comment)... goddamn truth.

Whenever I think about the Ravens or Bears, I think about Ray Lewis or Urlacher... and how scary they are (and how they set the tone for their defenses). You see these players running around the field and blowing people up alllll gaaaame loooong... which is awesome. I want that for the Lions... the leader and face of the defense... and I think PWillis could be it.

Nice "omg that offense, where's the defense" comment. Defense wins championships... unless you have Peyton Manning. (Stop... I know, I know... the Colts' defense played great. Don't yell at me.)

There was no wink, you *are* a willis manwhore, the wink was there to say 'I like you in spite of that'.

Seriously though, Willis would be great for the Lions and he'd be a big first step towards straightening that defense out. I blame you for turning me into one of those 'I want Willis'-guys. But he'd be a great fit and a phenomenal addition.

But I will not accept the Lions reaching for him at #2. If we do not trade down it's Johnson or Quinn, if we trade down to the 5-10 range (yes, that includes #5) it's Willis or bust as far as the first round is concerned.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 04:16 PM
There was no wink, you *are* a willis manwhore, the wink was there to say 'I like you in spite of that'.

Seriously though, Willis would be great for the Lions and he'd be a big first step towards straightening that defense out. I blame you for turning me into one of those 'I want Willis'-guys. But he'd be a great fit and a phenomenal addition.

But I will not accept the Lions reaching for him at #2. If we do not trade down it's Johnson or Quinn, if we trade down to the 5-10 range (yes, that includes #5) it's Willis or bust as far as the first round is concerned.
I can buy that reasoning.

I still don't really want Quinn... I'd prefer Gaines Adams over him. But, still...

And, I'd definately take Willis at 5+. Many think it's too high, but NO way. Doing that means we traded down, which is a perfect 1st round for us.

Addict
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
I can buy that reasoning.

I still don't really want Quinn... I'd prefer Gaines Adams over him. But, still...

And, I'd definately take Willis at 5+. Many think it's too high, but NO way. Doing that means we traded down, which is a perfect 1st round for us.

I do :) I like Brady. Both of 'em (tom and quinn).

I don't want Adams, and I'll tell you why: Matt Millen's luck. He drafted 'sure things' and they were crap (C-Rog, Harrington), I do not want that man drafting a guy with a bust-factor (and Gaines Adams has that).

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 04:26 PM
I do :) I like Brady. Both of 'em (tom and quinn).

I don't want Adams, and I'll tell you why: Matt Millen's luck. He drafted 'sure things' and they were crap (C-Rog, Harrington), I do not want that man drafting a guy with a bust-factor (and Gaines Adams has that).Many think he has that "bust factor", but I see him as one of those players that will succeed and prove a lot of people wrong. He's a great player... and would definately help our pass-rush. That being said, there's always a chance that he'll bust.

If we draft Brady Quinn, could we trade him for Tom Brady? I think the Pats will go for it...

Addict
03-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Many think he has that "bust factor", but I see him as one of those players that will succeed and prove a lot of people wrong. He's a great player... and would definately help our pass-rush. That being said, there's always a chance that he'll bust.

If we draft Brady Quinn, could we trade him for Tom Brady? I think the Pats will go for it...

NOOOOO don't trade away Quinn for Brady... trade something for Brady, but not Quinn.

Could you imagine the HELL commentators would go through? "Raiola with the snap, to Brady...'
- 'To who?'
'brady'
- 'Quinn or Tom?'
'It's a touchdown! Roy Williams catches a pass from Brady for a touchdown!'
- 'Which Brady?'

PS: if I say brady multiple times in a row, that word starts sounding really funny and weird and all.

Xiomera
03-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Well this squashes any speculation that Roy would be unhappy with being a co-#1 receiver . . .

I would support the move to take CJ if we did so. But I will always prefer a deal down.

Side Note: 12,000 posts! Woo! lol

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
NOOOOO don't trade away Quinn for Brady... trade something for Brady, but not Quinn.

Could you imagine the HELL commentators would go through? "Raiola with the snap, to Brady...'
- 'To who?'
'brady'
- 'Quinn or Tom?'
'It's a touchdown! Roy Williams catches a pass from Brady for a touchdown!'
- 'Which Brady?'

PS: if I say brady multiple times in a row, that word starts sounding really funny and weird and all.Damn, Addict... that's like 14 fun-to-read posts ina row... impressive.

They'd have to move Brady to FB... or WR... or TE... to have both on the field at the same time. Would be extremely effective, though...

Or something. We should draft Paul Williams and run a 3 WR set with Roy, Mike and Paul... with the Bradys in the backfield. Talk about confusion from the commentators.

(Congrats, Xiomera... 12,000 posts and I don't think I've seen a pointless one yet. Very impressive.)

Scotty D
03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
O-line is getting fixed. Can we possibly take CJ?

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 10:01 PM

Grr...

The more I think I want Willis... the more CJesus sounds like the right choice.

I'm glad I'm not in Millen's shoes... watch him take CJesus and, somehow, CJesus busts.

Imagine the ridicule.

(Scotty... your sig is becoming more and more depressing...)

Scotty D
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Grr...

The more I think I want Willis... the more CJesus sounds like the right choice.

I'm glad I'm not in Millen's shoes... watch him take CJesus and, somehow, CJesus busts.

Imagine the ridicule.

(Scotty... your sig is becoming more and more depressing...)

Hah I made this sig so long ago that if we actually take CJ I think it will be even funnier.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Hah I made this sig so long ago that if we actually take CJ I think it will be even funnier.Exactly. It's just funny... when you made it, everyone was like "HA! THAT'S A FUNNY SIG, MAN!".

Now he might be the pick.

Scary.

What'll REALLY be scary is if they trade up to draft Jarrett. If that happens, I quit (and your sig would be legendary).

Xiomera
03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Damn, Addict... that's like 14 fun-to-read posts ina row... impressive.

They'd have to move Brady to FB... or WR... or TE... to have both on the field at the same time. Would be extremely effective, though...

Or something. We should draft Paul Williams and run a 3 WR set with Roy, Mike and Paul... with the Bradys in the backfield. Talk about confusion from the commentators.

(Congrats, Xiomera... 12,000 posts and I don't think I've seen a pointless one yet. Very impressive.)

I like Paul Williams. I like Jason Hill too. But I don't think we need a day one receiver (unless they can step in as our #3 and kick returner right away).

And thanks for the acknowledgement. I do my best not to post in useless threads and ramble on about useless crap.

Scotty D
03-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Exactly. It's just funny... when you made it, everyone was like "HA! THAT'S A FUNNY SIG, MAN!".

Now he might be the pick.

Scary.

What'll REALLY be scary is if they trade up to draft Jarrett. If that happens, I quit (and your sig would be legendary).

Hahahah only time will tell.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
I like Paul Williams. I like Jason Hill too. But I don't think we need a day one receiver (unless they can step in as our #3 and kick returner right away).

And thanks for the acknowledgement. I do my best not to post in useless threads and ramble on about useless crap.I hope they stay away from WR in day 1... there are some 2nd day players they could take... and, yes, we definately need a KR.

12,000 posts is incredible.

Mythos
03-23-2007, 10:58 PM

I think this is a helluva lot more likely now than it was before FA started.
Before FA, it was all Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, or possibly AD given Kevin's foot. Now we've added probably two starters on the oline, a DE, and Peterson-as-insurance is completely out of the question. I'm also back to thinking that we're actually gonna pick at 2.

Scotty D
03-23-2007, 11:11 PM
I think this is a helluva lot more likely now than it was before FA started.
Before FA, it was all Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, or possibly AD given Kevin's foot. Now we've added probably two starters on the oline, a DE, and Peterson-as-insurance is completely out of the question. I'm also back to thinking that we're actually gonna pick at 2.

With that glaring hole at DE. I'm not sure how its going to play out.

DeMonikk1
03-24-2007, 06:41 AM
As much as I love CJ, I also have a man-crush on Patrick Willis, so TacticaLion and I are in the same boat, hell we run the goddamn ship..but if they DON't trade down, take CJ I'll be happy. But I want to see a tradedown and get, Willis, Landry, Adams, Quinn in that order. I actually really like Gaines Adams in the cover 2 scheme. But Kalimba ******* Edwards haunts me still...so I hope to see Willis..and if they drop out of the top 10 to say, 12th with the Bills, I wanna see Leon Hall. Imagine being able to actually shore up that secondary AND Linebacking core in your first 3 picks(Willis, McCauley,Merriweather or Griffin)...scary.

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 10:21 AM
As much as I love CJ, I also have a man-crush on Patrick Willis, so TacticaLion and I are in the same boat, hell we run the goddamn ship..but if they DON't trade down, take CJ I'll be happy. But I want to see a tradedown and get, Willis, Landry, Adams, Quinn in that order. I actually really like Gaines Adams in the cover 2 scheme. But Kalimba ******* Edwards haunts me still...so I hope to see Willis..and if they drop out of the top 10 to say, 12th with the Bills, I wanna see Leon Hall. Imagine being able to actually shore up that secondary AND Linebacking core in your first 3 picks(Willis, McCauley,Merriweather or Griffin)...scary.

Although being in the same boat with you scares me (considering the "demonic" theme you've got going for you), I agree about the draft. I want Willis (of course), but if we stay at #2... I'd accept CJesus. I also like Landry/Adams...

We've got options. I think Bazuin in later rounds is a lock, although one of the draft magazines had him as a player whose stock is rising. I also need a CB on the first day, but would also like a S.

Hall is also a great option for the team. If we trade down to 12 and Willis/Landry are drafted, Hall would be my pick. Considering we traded down (to 12), we could then target Meriweather and Beason in round 2. With Bazuin in round 3... that would be a draft I'd like.

Addict
03-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Damn, Addict... that's like 14 fun-to-read posts ina row... impressive.

Thanks. I tend to make up what I lack in solid football knowledge with jokes. Works out pretty well so far.

I like the Paul Williams idea. We could also sign the safety Roy Williams and move him to Wide Receiver. Just to complete the complete and utter confusion.

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks. I tend to make up what I lack in solid football knowledge with jokes. Works out pretty well so far.

I like the Paul Williams idea. We could also sign the safety Roy Williams and move him to Wide Receiver. Just to complete the complete and utter confusion.Holy goodness... good work. Roy Williams... and can aquire Madieu Williams. When we trade down with the Falcons, they can throw Jimmy Williams into the mix, and we can trade 2 5th round picks to the Bengals for Deltha O'Neal... and have him "Domanick Davis/Williams" his name to "Deltha Williams".

That would give us a secondary of "Williams - Williams - Williams - Williams".

Solid... very solid.

(Note: if you have a PSP, and own Madden 07, take a look at (Dallas) Roy Williams' picture. They messed it up and gave both Roy Williams the same picture.)

Aard
03-24-2007, 11:37 AM
And we could get Andy Williams to sing the National Anthem at our first home game!

:D

Wait...make that Vanessa Williams!

Addict
03-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Holy goodness... good work. Roy Williams... and can aquire Madieu Williams. When we trade down with the Falcons, they can throw Jimmy Williams into the mix, and we can trade 2 5th round picks to the Bengals for Deltha O'Neal... and have him "Domanick Davis/Williams" his name to "Deltha Williams".

That would give us a secondary of "Williams - Williams - Williams - Williams".

Solid... very solid.

(Note: if you have a PSP, and own Madden 07, take a look at (Dallas) Roy Williams' picture. They messed it up and gave both Roy Williams the same picture.)

That's pretty stupid. I don't have a psp though :(.

I did make a lions franchise once in which every player was edited to be named 'jones' VERY confusing, funny to hear the comments though. I killed the franchise after two games, now I cannot stand the name jones anymore.

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
That's pretty stupid. I don't have a psp though :(.

I did make a lions franchise once in which every player was edited to be named 'jones' VERY confusing, funny to hear the comments though. I killed the franchise after two games, now I cannot stand the name jones anymore.I traded around and made a team that had only players named Williams (with a few named Smith)... was a huge waste of time. The DLine was awesome, though... Mario Williams, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams and... someone else.

PSP Madden is actually a great game... the drafting is MUCH better than in Madden for Xbox 360.

I enjoy it.

And we could get Andy Williams to sing the National Anthem at our first home game!

Wait...make that Vanessa Williams!Haha. That situation would be ridiculous.

DeMonikk1
03-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Although being in the same boat with you scares me (considering the "demonic" theme you've got going for you), I agree about the draft. I want Willis (of course), but if we stay at #2... I'd accept CJesus. I also like Landry/Adams...

We've got options. I think Bazuin in later rounds is a lock, although one of the draft magazines had him as a player whose stock is rising. I also need a CB on the first day, but would also like a S.

Hall is also a great option for the team. If we trade down to 12 and Willis/Landry are drafted, Hall would be my pick. Considering we traded down (to 12), we could then target Meriweather and Beason in round 2. With Bazuin in round 3... that would be a draft I'd like.

Nice. Nah man, DeMonikk1 came as a nickname for me while playing sports in high School. its a wordplay on my name thats all.

If Detroit doesn't get Willis early, the only other MLB i'd really like to see is Anthony Waters. But like it has been said, there are so many ways to go right now..

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Nice. Nah man, DeMonikk1 came as a nickname for me while playing sports in high School. its a wordplay on my name thats all.

If Detroit doesn't get Willis early, the only other MLB i'd really like to see is Anthony Waters. But like it has been said, there are so many ways to go right now..Haha... good deal, good deal.

I've heard about Beason and how he could work as a Cover 2 MLB... and some have said that Poz would also fit. I would also take Harris in round 3 (which he probably wouldn't fall to).

I would not prefer Blades or Davis, though.

DeMonikk1
03-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Haha... good deal, good deal.

I've heard about Beason and how he could work as a Cover 2 MLB... and some have said that Poz would also fit. I would also take Harris in round 3 (which he probably wouldn't fall to).

I would not prefer Blades or Davis, though.

yeah. Blades or Davis are not what the yneed. Beason would be interesting. he is kinda like Derrick brooks as far as size and spped go. he had a great workout from what i've read too. But if would have even half to instinct on the field as Brooks, he could make a good MLB for the cover 2. I would still like Willis, Waters or Harris ahead of him though..

Scotty D
03-25-2007, 01:38 PM
yeah. Blades or Davis are not what the yneed. Beason would be interesting. he is kinda like Derrick brooks as far as size and spped go. he had a great workout from what i've read too. But if would have even half to instinct on the field as Brooks, he could make a good MLB for the cover 2. I would still like Willis, Waters or Harris ahead of him though..

Another guy that we should look out for is Zak DeOssie of Brown. Scott has him rated above Waters and says that he is great in coverage.

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Another guy that we should look out for is Zak DeOssie of Brown. Scott has him rated above Waters and says that he is great in coverage.

DeOssie!? Wow. *takes a look...*

Strengths:
Terrific size and bulk with the frame to get bigger yet...Very good timed speed for a big guy...Superb in pursuit and has a motor that never stops...Great range and moves well...Does an outstanding job in coverage...Very productive...Is versatile and could project inside or outside...An excellent special teams prospect who can also long-snap...Strong & tough...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Good bloodlines.

He lacks awareness and instincts, though... but the rest seems solid. I wonder if the 4.62 40 time is accurate.

Scotty D
03-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah he could be an interesting pickup later on in the draft.

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah he could be an interesting pickup later on in the draft.

Speed, good pursuit and a great motor... nasty player and great in coverage.

I'd take him... very interesting.

Addict
03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Speed, good pursuit and a great motor... nasty player and great in coverage.

I'd take him... very interesting.

Is there a point in taking him if we already have Willis? If we want DeOssie in say... round 3? The first rounder would be... well... opens some doors... Thomas, CJohnson, Landry (if we choose to trade down) Adams...

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Is there a point in taking him if we already have Willis? If we want DeOssie in say... round 3? The first rounder would be... well... opens some doors... Thomas, CJohnson, Landry (if we choose to trade down) Adams...Yes... very true. That's what I was thinking with Bazuin. If they want a DE, and think they can have him in round 3, they can address different positions in rounds 1-2. Same with MLB.

I agree, though... I just would hate to pass on Willis while looking for a MLB.

Scotty D
03-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Yes... very true. That's what I was thinking with Bazuin. If they want a DE, and think they can have him in round 3, they can address different positions in rounds 1-2. Same with MLB.

Hmm. Trade down pick up an extra second and third

Landry
Edwards/Stanton
Deossie
Bazuin
Hughes

Addict
03-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes... very true. That's what I was thinking with Bazuin. If they want a DE, and think they can have him in round 3, they can address different positions in rounds 1-2. Same with MLB.

Of course, we've got need, he's got the talent to fill the spot, i'd be sorry if we passed on him IF we could have had him (by tradedown). On the other hand, we also have some needs at defensive end and... even though I think he'd be another horror story in Millen's book (just... the guy has zero luck, and Adams has a small bust-factor, I don't like that), Adams IS considered the #1 end in the draft, so you could make a case for him as well.

While thinking of needs... do we even have someone to play tight end next year?

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 05:16 PM

Landry
Edwards/Stanton
Deossie
Bazuin
Hughes

I think either Edwards or Stanton could go lower (maybe to the 3rd) and I dont think DeOssie will go in round 2. I like the draft in terms of filling holes with good players, though. I think I'd prefer Beason over DeOssie, but it's solid.

Of course, we've got need, he's got the talent to fill the spot, i'd be sorry if we passed on him IF we could have had him (by tradedown). On the other hand, we also have some needs at defensive end and... even though I think he'd be another horror story in Millen's book (just... the guy has zero luck, and Adams has a small bust-factor, I don't like that), Adams IS considered the #1 end in the draft, so you could make a case for him as well.

While thinking of needs... do we even have someone to play tight end next year?Dan Campbell had a great year last year... I think he'll be the starter.

I think our need at MLB is much greater than our need at DE... which is why I'd prefer the best MLB available. We only need a pure pass-rushing DE, which we can find in round 2-3.

DeMonikk1
03-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Landry
Edwards/Stanton
Deossie
Bazuin
Hughes

Taking a QB 2nd is a wasted pick IMO, they have McCown and Orlovsky for those developmental purposes. And Daymeon Hughes is garbage. He had one decent year because he had a good bit of INT's, but if you watched him, he was horrible as far as recognition. Replace the QB with McCauley, or whichever corner is there and Hughes the best available O-lineman for some improved depth. Even another LB because Boss/Teddy just don't stay healthy..just my opinion..

TacticaLion
03-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Taking a QB 2nd is a wasted pick IMO, they have McCown and Orlovsky for those developmental purposes. And Daymeon Hughes is garbage. He had one decent year because he had a good bit of INT's, but if you watched him, he was horrible as far as recognition. Replace the QB with McCauley, or whichever corner is there and Hughes the best available O-lineman for some improved depth. Even another LB because Boss/Teddy just don't stay healthy..just my opinion..I like the thought of taking a young QB to battle Orlovsky when Kitna is gone... because I don't think McCown will be here for much longer. He already complained on one of the radio stations... because he wants to start and probably wont here.

I think Hughes in the 4th round is a great pick... but would rather have other players in rounds 1-3.

And... I'd also like another OLB... I agree with that. Not early in the draft, but in rounds 4-7.

DeMonikk1
03-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I like the thought of taking a young QB to battle Orlovsky when Kitna is gone... because I don't think McCown will be here for much longer. He already complained on one of the radio stations... because he wants to start and probably wont here.

I think Hughes in the 4th round is a great pick... but would rather have other players in rounds 1-3.

And... I'd also like another OLB... I agree with that. Not early in the draft, but in rounds 4-7.

I agree about the possibility of drafting a QB, but not in the 2nd..hell a guy like kevin Kolb in the 3rd would work..but for this season, a QB isn't worth it to me. There's going to be a few QB's next year plus the proverbial darkhorses we all don't know alot about who will come into play at the next draft. I say skip the QB this year..

Jagonsucker
03-26-2007, 02:44 PM
DId any of you even watch the Lions last year? Regardless of who we take (Willis, Johnson, Adams, landry) Lions still have many holes. This team is far from winning 10 games.

Aard
03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
DId any of you even watch the Lions last year? Regardless of who we take (Willis, Johnson, Adams, landry) Lions still have many holes. This team is far from winning 10 games.

The Lions have worked impressively well to fill those holes this off-season, opting in some cases to "add by subtraction" and replace those subtractions with players they believe they can transform into a team. That team might end up sucking -- sucking badly -- but you can't accuse them of sitting on their hands.

Their decisions up to this point show us they at least have a plan. The plan has set Detroit up for a brilliant draft. They have needs, sure, but they also have options. Trade-down opportunites will present themselves, and Millen may choose among them or keep the #2 pick and add an impact player. If he trades down, he very possibly could still select the one player he always wanted anyway.

They could not have positioned themselves any better heading into April.

reinar
04-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Willis
Johnson (de)
McCauley
Stanton
Hughes