PDA

View Full Version : Its Fryday...i mean tuesday

BaLLiN
03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
1. Carolina :: Marcell Dareus, DL, Alabama
Safest Elite out there imo, he has alot of athleticism for a big guy, is very disruptive versus the run and the pass.

2. Denver :: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Denver will be getting back Dumervil, but with only one viable pass rusher their defensive backfield will be exposed, Bowers will benefit alot because of the attention to Elvis, and in turn their experienced backfield can make plays like they used to previously in their careers.

3. Buffalo :: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
Buffalo doesn't need a quarterback, Fitzpatrick is head and shoulders above these prospects at the moment, and really showed why he deserves the position. Their defense was average, and a passrusher would be nice for a change.

4. Cincinnati :: AJ Green, WR, Georgia
You can't pass up an elite player, especially when it is a need. Carson Palmer requested a trade, but maybe giving him a young target that doesn't have the headache of TO-no or ocho-stinko.

5. Arizona :: Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
Peterson or Quinn? Passrush always wins in my book.

6. Cleveland :: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
Watt has vastly increased his draft stock, showing that he is very athletic and has the ability to play any position in a 4-3 and maybe even 3-4 DE

7. San Francisco :: Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisiana State
No brainer

8. Tennessee :: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
when was tennessee's defense at its best? Fairley has some character concerns, but he could be just as disruptive as Haynesworth at his prime.

9. Dallas :: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
Jordan is versatile, he uses his hands well, and seems to be one of the most polished DL players of the class. He has an excellent grasp of the game, and seems like an ideal 3-4 end.

10. Washington :: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
no brainer

11. Houston :: Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
Prince would be a decent pick here, but corners aren't usually as valuable as passrushers, and the conversion to 3-4 calls for an injection of such. Smith is eerily similar to JPP, who had some success last year in a 4-3 system with limited time.

12. Minnesota :: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Top QB, not a fan of this pick, and Webb showed great promise. This is purely risk/reward imo.

13. Detroit ::Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Its about that time.

14. *San Diego (f/ St. Louis)* :: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
3-4 DE or 3-4 OLB, either way San Diego fills a hole.

15. Miami :: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
I think they bring Henne back, pass on Newton. Ingram is a safe pick, he may not be spectacular, but he has the overall game to be a good starter.

16. Jacksonville :: Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
They passed on Teebow, actually made a great pick with Alualu. This time around they will get a better prospect, although he isn't a hometown hero.

17. New England (f/OAK) :: Mike Pouncey, OL, Florida
not sure where he'd play but maybe we're all underrating him because of his atrocious snapping.

18. St. Louis (f/ San Diego) :: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
Traded down after they missed out on Julio Jones, picked up a guy who they couldve targeted before.

19. New York Giants :: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
Smith could play either RT or LT imo, which makes it possible to still give Beatty a chance at the blindside.

20. Tampa Bay :: Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
fits the tampa 2 to a 'T'

21. Kansas City :: Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
consider me on the bandwagon

22. Indianapolis :: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
smart, reliable, wont overpower anyone, but fits the Indy offense pretty well i think.

23. Philadelphia :: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
They let their lockdown go to cleveland, samuels didnt do as well, Smith has the tools to be even better than Prince (and i think he will) and will create more opportunities for Samuels to pick it off.

24. New Orleans :: Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio State
Ironhead Heyward, only he's a DL.

25. Seattle :: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
college QB and a college coach, i think it can work.

26. Baltimore :: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
I dont see a deep threat, Boldin and Who'syourmomma are both more possession receivers, Smith can stretch the field and put that rocket arm to some use.

27. Atlanta :: Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
Great blend of size and speed, although i think he's better fitted for a 3-4, he still has the strength to hold up the edge as well as get after the qb.

28. New England :: Muhammed Wilkerson, DT/DE, Temple
Underrated player, he may have played against weaker competition but he still looks like NFL ready.

29. Chicago :: Derrick Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
you wanted it, you got it. Sherrod is also a guy id like the giants to look at, but he doesn't seem to be on the level of the first 4 as far as draft stock.

30. New York Jets :: Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
Could have Vincent Jackson-esque impact on the NFL.

31. Pittsburgh :: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
Risk/Reward, but with all of the hardnosed defensive players solder should get enough practice and become less of a pattie-caker. Once that happens, he'll be a major steal.

32. Green Bay :: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
Took a nosedive from the beginning of the college season to now, still worth the pick despite his senior slump.

33. New England :: Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
the next clay matthews?

Notable players left:
Brandon Harris, CB, Miami(FL)
Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

hawkeye123
03-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Love the title and the niner pick.

Nalej
03-29-2011, 09:51 PM
I can dig it

49erNation85
03-29-2011, 10:13 PM
excellent choice for SF!!

thebow305
03-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Lol, I don't see us passing on Newton if he's there at 15.

Brown Leader
03-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy! You had me at the first J. I like the pick even if the reasoning is a little off.

bucsti25
03-30-2011, 12:22 AM
yuck...no we dont even run a cover 2 most of the time anymore...

Houston or Clayborn

wicket
03-30-2011, 12:44 AM
no issues with the saints pick at all

akvikefan89
03-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Loovvveeee the Minnesota pick.

AntoinCD
03-30-2011, 02:51 AM
Very nice Pats mock but I don't think they would pass over Amukamara if he were to fall to them. McCourty and Amukamara at CB would leave them set for years at the position and the difference between Pouncey and someone like Watkins in the second is a lot less than Amukamara and any CB they would get in the second.

StrikeAnywhere
03-30-2011, 03:15 AM
2. Denver :: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Denver will be getting back Dumervil, but with only one viable pass rusher their defensive backfield will be exposed, Bowers will benefit alot because of the attention to Elvis, and in turn their experienced backfield can make plays like they used to previously in their careers.

I can't really express how strongly I disagree with this pick. Bowers is a one year wonder and I don't trust him farther than I can throw him. He might have top 10 talent, but guys who only perform up to their potential for a single season in college just don't belong this high up. Elway and Fox have both repeatedly said that they absolutely can't risk missing on this pick - which says that no matter who's available, they will be taking the safest and most solid choice. Bowers does not fit that criteria.

If Dareus goes first overall, in my mind Peterson is the only viable second choice. Anything else and my TV is quite literally getting tossed off my balcony. From the 8th floor. Truth.

DiG
03-30-2011, 07:38 AM
julio is a fine pick but far from a no brainer with gabbert, newton, and locker on the board (which WILL NOT happen)

T-RICH49
03-30-2011, 07:55 AM
consider me loving the Chiefs pick :D

Bar-bq
03-30-2011, 08:31 AM
That's definitely an original Rams mock.

It's hard to believe Amukamara will fall past Detroit and Dallas, but if that were to be the case, I wouldn't have a large problem with drafting him. You'd cop some heat from some Rams fans because CB is definitely not our largest area of need and Kerrigan was still on the board.

Seasonticketholder
03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Good pick for the Saints.

BaLLiN
03-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Lol, I don't see us passing on Newton if he's there at 15.

Right after Henne began to show he could be the guy?

descendency
04-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Mike Pouncey is a high second rounder, not a mid first rounder. His brother was the special one. I could see him being pick 28 before 17, though Wilkerson may be pick 17... So I guess the names are fine.

Brooks Reed is intriguing. I don't think he's a day 1 starter. I think he's more of a long term prospect.

NHesterly
04-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't see how Joe Webb showed "great" promise

QB rating: 60
0 tds and 3 ints

SuperPacker
04-03-2011, 04:15 PM
This is a terrible mock draft. Everyone just looks at who team gets and says good pick for our team.

JJ Watt, Browns???
Texans passing on prince?
No QB in top 10?
Martez Wilson 20th?
Jets passing on Akeem Ayers?
Clayborn to GB?
Carimi top OT?

Please answer to these horrible picks!

Pat Sims 90
04-03-2011, 04:19 PM
i dont see the Bengals passing on either of the QBs.

SuperPacker
04-03-2011, 04:26 PM
This mock draft makes me sick!!

Thecollegedropout
04-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Don't care for the Jets pick but that's because I don't think WR the Jets can go round 1, especially with a less talented Braylon Edwards clone like Baldwin. Dissapears in big moments, prima-donna attitude that will throw people under the bus, doesn't always use his size to his full advantage.

No thanks. Give us Ayers under these circumstances.

WMD
04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I would shoot myself in the face if we passed on Amukamara for an OT. I would also rather take Ryan Kerrigan.

No OT for the Lions in Round 1. G/C later on.