PDA

View Full Version : Holy Hannah we're less than a month away mock

Heisman
03-30-2011, 06:20 PM
You know the drill! Tell me what you like/hate. The mock is a little bit funky so if something looks weird just let me know.

*Vikings traded this year's 1 (12), 2 (43), and 4 (105) for the Bengals 1 (4).
*Bengals trade their 2 (34) and Viking's 4 (105) for Chicago's 1 (29).

2011 NFL Mock Draft
1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver Broncos: Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
4. Minnesota Vikings (f/Cin)*: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

-Vikings trade up for the QB their FO has fallen in love with, they are ecstatic he fell to #4 and pull the trigger on a trade here. Similar in ways to when the Jets moved up for Sanchez. They plan on starting Blaine from day 1.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
6. Cleveland Browns: AJ Green, WR, Georgia

-Could have gone D-line here with Bowers but his knee is a concern, which is a common theme of this draft. They grab an elite prospect in Green and don't think twice.

7. San Francisco 49ers: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
9. Dallas Cowboys: Cameron Jordan, DE, California

-Dallas tries feverishly to trade the pick but there aren't enough players at #9 that generate a serious buzz to coax a team into trading up, so they bite the bullet and take Jordan, probably the safest player in the draft.

10. Washington Redskins: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
11. Houston Texans: Robert Quinn, OLB, North Carolina

-Wade Phillips jumps for joy.

12. Cincinnati Bengals (f/Min)*: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

-Bengals collect extra picks and move down to grab the player they were going to take at #4. Great trade for the Bengals.

13. Detroit Lions: Tyron Smith, OT, USC

-This team is gonna be scary if Tyron Smith drops. Watch out for the Detroit Lions in 2011.

14. St. Louis Rams: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
15. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

-Dolphins have their eye on Mallett, who has the height/arm strength they look for. They know Henne isn't the answer so they take their QBoTF at 15.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

-In this mock, many teams' doctors don't clear Bowers' knee, which has been bothering him since the season. While GM Gene Smith is notorious for reaching, he has no problem taking an elite talent at a position of need.

17. New England Patriots (f/OAK): Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
18. San Diego Chargers: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin

-Good value.

19. New York Giants: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

-An awesome pick for the Bucs.

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

-Boring pick, I know, I'm sorry. But Chiefs fans dig it and taking a WR here would be a reach. May be considered a bit of a reach but could do wonders for their defense.

22. Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
24. New Orleans Saints: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

-Saints probably have a bigger need at defense but they've never been shy to draft offense early and Ingram would be a great fit.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami

-I really doubt they go QB unless someone unexpected falls. CB is an area of need and this is a good value pick (Harris is underrated IMO).

26. Baltimore Ravens: Justin Houston, DE-OLB, Georgia

-Ozzie cleans up. A great fit across from Terrell Suggs on the D-Line. Some teams think he's a tweener, but in Baltimore he's just versatile. If he's on the board, he'll be the pick for Baltimore.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland

-Value on the board isn't great, and Roddy needs a wingman.
28. New England Patriots: Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple

-Patriots clean up in this draft IMO.

29. Cincinnati Bengals (f/Chi)*: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State

-The Bengals are going to run a WCO and need a new QB. Who better than Christian Ponder? Due to their wheeling and dealing, the Bengals acquired their QBoTF and a great weapon to replace the disappointing Ochocino and Owens. With an underrated D, are the Bengals now headed in the right direction?

30. New York Jets: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

-No trading for Rex and the FO in this round, but sitting on their hands and collecting an excellent 3-Tech like Heyward is a great move.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
32. Green Bay Packers: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

-I hate the Packers but Ted Thompson really knows what he's doing. This would be amazing value and a replacement is needed for their aging O-line.

TheMatriculator
03-30-2011, 06:55 PM
21. Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

-Boring pick, I know, I'm sorry. But Chiefs fans dig it and taking a WR here would be a reach. May be considered a bit of a reach but could do wonders for their defense.

Yes, it is. Yes, we do. Yes, a WR would be a BIG reach.

Nice job!

vidae
03-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Yes, it is. Yes, we do. Yes, a WR would be a BIG reach.

Nice job!

What he said. Good pick.

Pat Sims 90
03-30-2011, 07:33 PM
The Bengals would just stay at 4 if they needed a QB and they would take Gabbert. Mike Brown does not trade away draft picks so trading up with Chicago is unrealistic on the Bengals part.

coordinator0
03-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Houston would be a tremendous pick for the Ravens.

Nalej
03-30-2011, 07:46 PM
I'd be pleased with that first round for the Pats.
OL at 33 please

Rjspartan
03-30-2011, 08:07 PM
4. Minnesota Vikings (f/Cin)*: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

-Vikings trade up for the QB their FO has fallen in love with, they are ecstatic he fell to #4 and pull the trigger on a trade here. Similar in ways to when the Jets moved up for Sanchez. They plan on starting Blaine from day

Correct trade, but Minnesota is in love with newton and definitely will take him if available.

49erNation85
03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Hell with it.I would rather just take Locker at 7 and do CB second round!

Heisman
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Correct trade, but Minnesota is in love with newton and definitely will take him if available.

I'm a Viking fan so I follow the speculation on this everyday haha where are you getting this voodoo Newton rumor from?

T-RICH49
03-30-2011, 08:39 PM
What he said. Good pick.

what they both said.great pick

akvikefan89
03-30-2011, 09:32 PM

This is the definition of pulling something out of your rear. I'm as diehard as Vikings fans come, read every report and rumor out there, and there's been absolutely nothing on the Vikings liking Newton.

Scotty D
03-30-2011, 10:21 PM
I'd probably take Bowers over Tyron Smith but its a solid pick.

thebow305
03-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Mallett is a great pick

DiG
03-31-2011, 07:23 AM
im ok with locker but would prefer a trade down which i think its very very likely to occur. wed take less than street value probably given our need for mid round picks.

wicket
03-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Ingram makes me want to punch babies, turrible pick

K Train
03-31-2011, 10:35 AM
aaron williams is becoming too popular to the steelers...im really not crazy about it. id prefer curtis brown in the second.

drd23
03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
26. Baltimore Ravens: Justin Houston, DE-OLB, Georgia

-Ozzie cleans up. A great fit across from Terrell Suggs on the D-Line. Some teams think he's a tweener, but in Baltimore he's just versatile. If he's on the board, he'll be the pick for Baltimore.
Great pick and the correct explanation

BaLLiN
03-31-2011, 06:46 PM
giants dont need a guard