PDA

View Full Version : 2 Round Quick Mock Draft (No Trades) - 3/31

xpmar9x
03-31-2011, 01:22 AM
So I'm working an overrnight, and it's dead. So me and a couple co-workers decided to do a mock draft, here's what we ended up with:

1. Panthers - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Clausen just isn't the man. Panthers have a hard choice at QB, either Gabbert of Newton. I think Gabbert has a better chance of starting year 1 than Newton does.

2. Broncos – Marcel Dareus, DL, ‘Bama
Best DL in the draft. Broncos have a horrible from 3, Darues would be a huge boost.

3. Bills - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Not sure why the Bills want Cam, but it seems almost certain. They are showing a ton of interest in him, just like they did in CJ Spiller last year. Newton can sit and learn under Fitz for a couple years, than take over. Buffalo needs a face for their franchise.

4. Bengals - Julio Jones, WR, 'Bama
Surprised? Don't be. Rumor has it that Julio is rated higher than AJ on the Bengals draft board. With no more TO (probably) and Ocho getting older, Bengals need another WR. Plus with the 2 best QBs done, WR just seems to be the best choice.

5. Cardinals - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
PP vs Von, tough choice. I think the Cardinals will edge to Patrick though. Either way they go, it's a solid pick.

6. Browns - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Browns have a tough choice to go for Von or Fairley. A month ago Fairley was rated as the #1 prospect, but a few negatives bumped him down. Browns has rumors about going to 4-3, and Fairley would fit as the perfect DT.

7. 49ers – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
49ers need CB help. Clements may get released once a CBA is agreed on. Unless they can land N/A they need CBs.

8. Titans – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
Titans can NOT pass on Von Miller. They have 0 impact players at LB. Bowers or Quinn would be nice, but LB is a huge need, just like DE. Von is a great pick.

9. Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
Not sure why, but Cowboys appear to be in love with Tyron Smith. He could be a future star OT, but needs a couple years. JJ Watt, Jordan, Bowers, or Quinn are all very attractive at the #9 pick. If the 'Boys want an OT, perhaps trade down? Someone has to be willing to trade up for AJ.

10. Redskins - AJ Green, WR, UGA
Perferct pick for the Redskins. With Moss a FA and no other WRs on the roster that are stars, AJ is perfect.

11. Texans – Cameron Jordan, DE, California
Cameron Jordan tore up at the Senior Bowl and had a good combine, with the Texans switching to 3-4 then need more 34 personnel, Jordan is the guy.

12. Vikings - Anthony Castanzo, OT, Boston College
Vikings already have two solid DEs, and Everson Griffen for depth. Bowers or Quinn would be nice, since I believe Edwards is a FA. However, they need help at OT, Castanzo is the guy for the job.

13. Lions – Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Lions really need CB help, but Bowers is too good to pass up. An elite pass rusher next to Suh could be deadly.

14. Rams - Robert Quinn, DE, UNC
Robert Quinn is a good pickup for the Rams. Most have him projected as 3-4 OLB, but I think 4-3 DE will also work for Quinn. Rams have a good DE to pair with Long.

15. Dolphins - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
No Mark Ingram? Wow. Pouncey is climbing up the boards, 'Fins will probably re-sign Brown.. and they can get a RB later to pair with him. Let's beef up that OL.

16. Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
Kerrigan is very underrated, a great pick for the Jaguars. He's a sack machine!

17. Patriots - Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
JJ Watt vs Aldon Smith, tough choice for the Pats. Although, not alot of great OLB talent later in the draft, but decent 34 DE prospects. Aldon Smith needs to be taken here and a DE later.

18. Chargers - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
Perfect fit for the Chargers. JJ Watt is a beast, and one of my favorite prospects this year. He'll be a force for the Chargers D.

19. Giants - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
Giants have multiple needs, but no glaring needs (besides maybe LB). Solder is a solid, low risk pick.

20. Bucs - Justin Houston, DE/OLB, UGA
Interesting pick for the Bucs. Will he play DE or OLB? I'm unsure, but they'll find a place for him.

21. Chiefs - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
Taylor is flying up the draft boards, but he's a near pefect fit for the Chiefs 3-4 NT need.

22. Colts - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
Colts #1 priority is too protect Peyton Manning, and they've stuggled with that.

23. Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Asante is a legit corner, but Hobbs career could be over. Not alot of depth besides those two. Jimmy will be a nice #3 CB is Hobbs returns, or could be a #1 and have a McCourty type effect for the Eagles.

24. Saints – Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Liuget is said too be the most underrated player in the draft. Some think he'll sneak up the draft boards and end up as a Top 15 pick. As for now, I think 20's are good for him. Solid saints pick.

25. Seahawks – Gabe Carimi, OL, Wisconsin
No Jake Locker? Seahawks have many other needs besides QB. They will probably re-sign Hasselbeck and also have Whitehurst, who they traded alot for. They will probably think they can wait to Rd2 and get a decent QB, we'll find out that doesn't work in a bit.

26. Ravens – Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
Another "U" player for the Ravens. More depth at CB is a big need for the Ravens.

27. Falcons – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
Falcons need to improve their pass rush to get to the next level. Clayborn is a big ol' DE thats the best 43 DE on the board.

28. Patriots - Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple
Wilkerson is a great pick for the Patriots, they got to be happy they decided to go OLB with their 1st pick.

29. Bears – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Briggs and Urlacher are legit, but they have a big hole on the opposite side of Briggs. Yes, they also need a legit WR and a OL help, but I think Ayers will be a solid player for the Bears and help their defense.

30. Jets – Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
Pace can not be the only pass rusher. Reed is the best OLB on the board, and the Jets need to pressure the QB more. Rex Ryan will go defense of course!

31. Steelers – Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Ike is legit, but McFadden sucks. That simple.

32. Packers - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
Jolly will probably be released, and is always in trouble. Jenkins is also a FA, and 30. Heyward could end up being a starter, or add extra depth for the Packers. OL could also be taken here.

2nd Round

33. Patriots – Mark Ingram, RB, ‘Bama
Not a huge need for the Pats, but Mark is too good to pass up.

34. Buffalo - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
Bills need OL help, that simple. Watkins could be a game 1 starter.

35. Bengals – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Palmer isn't bluffing, Bengals need a QB. Locker is a great Rd2 pickup.

36. Broncos – Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
Both Bronco safeties are 30+, Dawkins will probably retire (or needs too).

37. Browns – Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
Again, Browns don't really have 43 DL personel. Sheard will fit the DE job. LB is also needed.

38. Cardinals – Benjamin Ijalana, OL, Villanova
Tempting to take Mallett or Martez Wilson. But Cardinals OL has been horrible. Ijalana could play G or T, which is a good plus for a Cardinals OL that needs help. Plus, I think they'll land a vet QB (Kolb?)

39. Titans – Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Great pick-up and the future QB of the Titans. Heck, maybe even QB starting QB this upcoming year.

40. Cowboys – Stephen Paea, DE, Oregon St.
Beefing up that struggling Cowboys D. More pressure on the QB will help with their rough seconday.

41. Redskins – Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Dalton over Ponder? Don't be surprised, Dalton is shooting up the boards, plus he can stay healthy unlike Ponder.

42. Texans – Davon House, CB, New Mexico
Worst secondary of all time. House will add another CB to the mix.

43. Vikings – Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
Vikings need a slinger, not Ponder. Kaepernick has legs and a cannon, he'll be able to sling it too Harvin & Berrian.. and Rice if he re-signs. Ponder doesn't fit well with the Vikes.

44. Lions – Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
Lions need a true #1 CB. Hopefully Brown is the guy for them.

45. 49ers – Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St
West Coast offense is perfect for Ponder.

46. Broncos – Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
Broncos just keep improving their defense, Martez is a steal with #46.

47. Rams – Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
Big play receiver is just what the Rams need. Baldwin is like Braylon Edwards IMO, Rams need that type of guy (without the drops!)

48. Raiders – Stefan Wisniewski, OG/C, Penn St
Raiders can't pass on OL help. Tooo big of a need!

49. Jaguars – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
MSW is likely leaving, Hankerson will fill that void (easily)

50. Chargers – Rodney Hudson, G, Florida St
Hudson is normally project late 1, early 2nd. Good value pickup for Chargers.

51. Bucs - Marcus Cannon, OL, TCU
Basically the same comment as Hudson.

52. Giants – Bruce Carter, OLB, NC
Giants LBs are pretty terrible. Carter will help them, with or without Bulluck.

53. Colts – Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
Colts had problems with their secondary and injuries, Burton will be nice depth.

54. Eagles – Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
Keep beefing up that DL for Washburn!

55. Chiefs – Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
Great combo for Hali, or a replacement if Hali leaves.

56. Saints – Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
Saints RBs were always injured last year. Another RB added to the mix may help.

57. Seattle – Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa
Well shucks, all the QBs are gone. Maybe Hasselbeck gets another year, and they draft a Rd1 QB next year. Ballard is a solid DE to add to their line.

58. Ravens – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
What a great value pick! Housh is probably gone. Mason may retire. Stallworth isn't anything great. They need WR help with Boldin, Smith is just the guy!

59. Falcons – Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
Falcons need a compliment receiver with Roddy, Cobb could be their guy!

60. Patriots – Orlando Franklin, OL, Miami
Patriots add extra OL depth, just in case Mankins leaves.

61. Chargers – Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
Chargers need an upgrade at the nose, Kenrick is a BIG boy.

62. Bears - Clint Boling, OL, UGA
Bears need OL help, that's their biggest need. Most of the good OL prospects are gone, Boling will do though.

63. Steelers - William Rackley, OL, LeHigh
Well all know we love seeing Big Ben getting smashed, but Tomlin doesn't. OL help is needed.

64. Packers - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
Tramon stepped up. But Woodson isn't getting any younger. Ras-I will be decent depth, and an eventual starter.

Still good talent on the board: Ryan Williams, Drake Nevis, Luke Stocker, Quinton Carter, Titus Young, Chimdi Chekwa, Jurrell Casey, Quan Sturdivant, Ricky Stanzi, Marvin Austin, Dontay Moch, and Kendall Hunter… just to name a few.

THOUGHTS AND OR COMMENTS??

T-RICH49
03-31-2011, 01:36 AM
love Taylor obviously.but would prefer Torrey Smith in the 2nd,perfect compliment to D Bowe

StrikeAnywhere
03-31-2011, 01:36 AM
For Denver, I like it. I would be sad to pass on Paea, but I do like Moore and we do need safety help too, so I can't complain.

xpmar9x
03-31-2011, 01:46 AM
love Taylor obviously.but would prefer Torrey Smith in the 2nd,perfect compliment to D Bowe

We were thinking the same thing... but we thought OLB was a bigger need than WR. Especially if Tamba leaves, you'll need Acho. If he doesn't, he could till start at OLB. Plus you could land a decent WR in the 3rd round.

For Denver, I like it. I would be sad to pass on Paea, but I do like Moore and we do need safety help too, so I can't complain.

Paea wasn't really needed when Dareus was taken Rd1, especially with all the other needs.

Pat Sims 90
03-31-2011, 02:56 AM
Peter King is a dumbass and idk why people actually listen to him when it comes to the Bengals he is never right about anything. Y would the Bengals released information that they are interested in a certain player that is just ******* stupid that report only came out so others teams might not think the Bengals are not that interested in AJ Green. AJ Green or Patrick Peterson in the 1st. Locker in fine in the 2nd but i dont see him dropping that far.

49erNation85
03-31-2011, 07:45 AM
I'll take that draft for SF,however,I would think that if Locker fell into the second SF might trade to grab him in NE spot.Hard to say though.

K Train
03-31-2011, 08:18 AM
william rackley? **** that noise. id like dowling there

J-Mike88
03-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Peter King is a dumbass and idk why people actually listen to him.....
Again?

LMAO at another casual fan ripping on one of the top NFL journalists, who has sources within most NFL teams who he speaks to on and off-the-record.

Sure, like everyone else, he's not always right. But to pretend that he's stupid, that he got to that position on his good looks or something, hilarious.

xpmar9x
03-31-2011, 08:38 AM
william rackley? **** that noise. id like dowling there

You'd want another CB?

xpmar9x
03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
I'll take that draft for SF,however,I would think that if Locker fell into the second SF might trade to grab him in NE spot.Hard to say though.

Oh yeah! with Mark Ingram, Ryan Mallett, and Jake Locker on the board the Patriots are going to deal that pick. Some team will be willing to trade their '12 1st for one of them. But I didn't do any trades in this mock.

K Train
03-31-2011, 09:07 AM
You'd want another CB?

Yes. Espeically since one of them could easily take over for clark at FS. Id like williams at FS and dowling at RCB as far as the steelers scheme goes...really sure up the secondary

Nalej
03-31-2011, 09:25 AM
I'll take that Pats mock!

AkiliSmith
03-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Again?

LMAO at another casual fan ripping on one of the top NFL journalists, who has sources within most NFL teams who he speaks to on and off-the-record.

Sure, like everyone else, he's not always right. But to pretend that he's stupid, that he got to that position on his good looks or something, hilarious.
So you think that Marvin Lewis just gave away their draft board to the King of Peters 2 months before the draft? Wasn't King Peter the one who basically said the Chiefs wouldn't draft Berry based on a conversation he had with Pioli?

King is widely known to be a complete douchebag and wrong more often than not.

wicket
03-31-2011, 10:30 AM
tragically bad saints picks. Liuget pretty much offers exactly the type of play the saints do not need at DT. Saints need bigger DTs who can either play the nose or both.

LeShoure is just a flat out terrible pick. RB is not a need and he is a terrible fit for the saints system.

Better picks would be:
1 Adrian Clayborn/Cameron Heyward
2 Mason Foster/Marvin Austin/Kenrick Ellis

thebow305
03-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Still too early for Pouncey IMO. I do hope we re-sign Ronnie though. If we did that it would probably make that pick more likely.

Bar-bq
03-31-2011, 06:32 PM
Really good job for St. Louis!

smittyjs
03-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Love Miller for the Titans, its different and i like it. I guess i could live with Mallett in the second round, but i just don't know about this kid......

drd23
03-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Change Harris to Wilkerson and you've got a great Ravens mock

xpmar9x
04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Looks like Locker is flying up boards now.

vidae
04-01-2011, 04:31 PM

What T-Rich said. No way is Tamba leaving KC btw.

4U2NV
04-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Very interesting read, thanks for putting in the time. Love the Miami pick!

akvikefan89
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Bad, bad bad Minnesota draft. Castonzo is a mega-reach at #12, especially with Bowers and Quinn on the board.

We already have Joe Webb who is a Kaepernick clone.