PDA

View Full Version : First Round Mock with Comments

eagles6606
03-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Round 1

1. CAR: Blaine Gabbert QB-Missouri
Clausen and Moore are no sure thing and you can't miss a chance to grab a franchise QB. Gabbert has the arm strength, accuracy, and intangibles to be a solid starter for years to come. With a solid o-line (Gross, Khalil, Otah), good running backs (Stewart, Williams, and Goodson), and recieving core (S. Smith, Lafell, and Shockey) Gabbert will be surrounded by pretty good talent.
2. DEN: Marcell Dareus DT-Alabama
Denver has to improve their d-line! They have Dumvervil and maybe Robert Ayers can redeem himself with the switch to a 4-3. Dareus has the size and movement skills to be a force at defensive tackle.
3. Von Miller OLB-Texas A&M
The Bills really need to improve thier pass rush and they can grab a QB in round 2. Von Miller is a terror off the edge and a nightmare for QBs.
4. CIN: A.J. Green WR-Georgia
Until Carson Palmer is traded, they Bengals still have a QB. However, they need to replace TO and OchoCinco. Green is a rare talent at reciever.
5. ARI: Cam Newton QB-Auburn
The Cards need someone to throw to Fitzgerald and Skelton, Hall, or Anderson is not the answer. Newton has rare skills and could be a star QB.
6. CLE: Da'quan Bowers DE-Clemson
The Bengals need to improve their d-line since they're switching to a 4-3. Bowers can play both the run and pass and lead the SEC in sacks last year.
7. SF: Patrick Peterson CB-LSU
Peterson is an elite talent and the best remaining player on the board. He can help replace Nate Clements who has lost a step.
8. TEN: Nick Fairley DT-Auburn
Fairley dominated last year and could be a true steal at pick #8. The Titans need to take the best player available and Fairley is that guy.
9. DAL: Cam Jordan DE-California
Jordan actually played in a 3-4 in Cal and can play the run and rush the passer. He has a great motor and had a fantastic Senior Bowl and Combine.
10. WSH: Prince Amukamara CB-Nebraska
Both Carlos Rodgers and Phillip Buchanon are free agents, plus Amukamara is a steal at 10. With the passing threats of Philly, New York, and Dallas the Skins need a top flight corner.
11. HOU: Robert Quinn OLB-North Carolina
With Houston moving to a 3-4, they need a solid pass rusher from the outside. Quinn has the athleticism and skills to be a great rush LB.
12. NE: J.J. Watt DE-Wisconsin (From Minnesota)
The Pats have the ammunition to move up and Watt is the type of long player the love. He has the strength and weight to play the run and the athleticism to rush the passer.
13. DET: Tyron Smith OT-USC
The Lions can't afford to have their franchise QB seriously hurt again. Its always wise to invest in your QB.
14. STL: Julio Jones WR-Alabama
Sam Bradford needs a weapon and Jones has extreme talent as we saw at the combine.
15. MIA: Mark Ingram RB-Alabama
Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown both might not be back next year and Ingram is a violent runner who excels in all phases of the game.
16. JAX: Ryan Kerrigan DE-Purdue
The Jags desperately need a pass rush. Kerrigan has the speed, strength, and motor to be a solid player in the NFL. He is maybe the most productive DE in the whole draft.
17. IND: Anthony Castanzo OT-Boston College (From Minnesota)
The Colts need to protect Peyton Manning and Castanzo is the safest and most NFL ready OT in this years draft.
18. SD: Justin Houston OLB-Georgia
The Chargers need a pass rusher since Larry English has not panned out. Houston had great produciton in college and projects well to 304 OLB.
19. NYG: Corey Liuget DT-Illinois
Liuget is an underrated player who should thrive as a 3 technique in the NFL. Best plater available for the G-men.
20. TB: Aldon Smith DE-Missouri
The Bucs need a DE and Smith has a vast amount of potential and upside.
21. KC: Derek Sherrod OT-Mississippi St
Kansas City would love to get a good OLB here, but there is none available. Sherrod is perhaphs the most complete OT in this draft and will help protecy Cassell and block for Jamal Charles.
22. MIN: Jake Locker QB-Washington
After moving back twice, the Vikes have to make a pick here. They need something a QB and maybe Locker can be that guy. He has the right skills for a West Coast offense and is worth the risk for a team that is fairly solid other than at QB.
23. PHI: Mike Pouncey G/C-Florida
Corner is a big need, but I think the Birds will address that in free agency. With a good RG, Winston Justince should be better. Pouncey has great athleticism and would be great pulling guard for Lesean Mccoy.
24. NO: Adrian Clayborn DE-Iowa
The Saints need help at DE and Clayborn could be a steal at this point. He has the strength and athleticism to be a good DE and would have been a top 15 pick if he came out last year.
25. NYJ: Muhammad Wilkerson DE-Temple (From Seattle)
Wilkerson has a rare blend of size and athleticism and would fit great in a 3-4 scheme at end.
26. BAL: Brandon Harris CB-Miami
The Ravens NEED a CB and Harris is the best pure cover guy available.
27. ATL: Gabe Carimi OT-Wisconsin
Its always wise to invest in your franchise QB. Carimi is a solid player who should be a starting RT for 10 years.
28. NE: Jimmy Smith CB-Colorado
The Pats really want and OLB here, but there is not one worth taking. Mccourty is a very good corner and Darius Butler still has promise. However, Jimmy Smith is an ultra talented player who could end up being a steal at 28
29. CHI: Nate Solder OT-Colorado
The Bears simply need an OT prspect here. Solder has the athleticism and size to one day be a dominant player and can help protect Cutler.
30. TEN: Ryan Mallett QB-Arkansas (From Seattle)
The Titans are bare at the QB position and NEED a QB out of this draft. Mallett has all the skills to be a top QB and its possible the character concerns are overblown.
31. PIT: Aaron Williams CB/S-Texas
PIttsburgh needs a DB after getting torched in the Super Bowl by Rodger and company. Williams is a good fit for PIttsburgh's scheme and could playe at either CB or FS.
32. GB: Cameron Heyward DE-Ohio St
The Pack need some reinforcements on the d-line and Heyward could be dominant if he stays healthy.

Pat Sims 90
03-31-2011, 07:16 PM
I like Green but i dont see the Bengals passing on Newton seems like a Mike Brown type pick.

fed36
03-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Skins need a WR more than a CB - with Moss a FA. Give the skins J. Jones instead of Prince....I do like Prince but just would like Jones more

Nalej
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
If the Pats moved up there, I think they'd target J. Jones.
Take C. Heyward at 28 and I'd love that 1st rd

jrdrylie
03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't like seeing Solder to Chicago. He doesn't really fit their offense.

49erNation85
03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
I'll take PP all day long !

rawdawg
03-31-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't like seeing Solder to Chicago. He doesn't really fit their offense.

Exactly. He even says, "one day" Solder will be able to protect Cutler. The Bears are coming off the NFC title game. Their best players on D are all over 30. They aren't going to sit thru another year of Cutler getting killed so they can develop Nate Solder "one day".

BaLLiN
03-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Liuget is an underrated player who should thrive as a 3 technique in the NFL. Best plater available for the G-men.

except for he doesn't have great burst off the snap

T-RICH49
03-31-2011, 10:36 PM
freaking terrible KC pick.I want no part of an OT in RD 1.Phil Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all OT's

thebow305
04-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Ingram is good

DiG
04-04-2011, 09:45 PM
i dont agree that amukumara is a "steal" at 10 but id be ok with the pick. i think the values about right actually.