PDA

View Full Version : 2 rounds (a few trades) - Scotty D #6

Scotty D
04-02-2011, 12:57 AM
*I didn’t try to figure out the compensation for the trades. Some of the trades may involve second round picks but I ask that you overlook that.

Round 1

1.Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton, QB – Auburn

2.Denver Broncos – Marcell Dareus, DL – Alabama

3. Buffalo Bills – Von Miller, LB – Texas A&M

4. Cincinnati Bengals – AJ Green, WR – Georgia
Probably the most talented player in the draft. I don't buy the report that they have Julio rated over him. Cincy is the type of team that could really drag this Palmer saga out. Palmer did play better at the end of the year when TO and Ocho were inactive. Maybe if they cut 85 and draft Green it will help Palmer change his tune.

5. Arizona Cardinals – Blaine Gabbert, QB – Missouri
Can’t pass up a top QB prospect because you have Max Hall and John Skelton.

6. Cleveland Browns – Patrick Peterson, CB – LSU

7. San Francisco 49ers – Robert Quinn, DE – UNC

8. Tennessee Titans – Nick Fairley, DT – Auburn
This pick will draw comparisons to Haynesworth and they may be warranted. Fairley looks to have the same mean streak. I have him over Dareus.

9. Dallas Cowboys – Tyron Smith, OT – USC

10. Washington Redskins – Julio Jones, WR – Alabama

11. Houston Texans – Prince Amukamara, CB – Nebraksa
Good value and even with drafting Kareem Jackson the secondary is struggling to replace Dunta Robinson.

12. TRADE New England Patriots move up to select – JJ Watt, DE – Wisconsion
NE doesn’t usually trade up but they have a plethora of picks this year and I think it is possible they go get their guy to replace Richard Seymour.

13. Detroit Lions – Cameron Jordan, DE – Cal
Biggest needs are LB/CB/OG and the value isn’t there. Brought him in for a visit.

14. St. Louis Rams – Aldon Smith, DE Missouri

15. TRADE Tampa Bay Buccaneers move up to select – Ryan Kerrigan, DE - Purdue
I like Tampa giving up picks to get Kerrigan more than waiting for Clayborn.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars – Da’ Quan Bowers, DE – Clemson
Working out on a bum knee is going to hurt him a lot. It’s a good gamble at this point though.

17. Minnesota Vikings (from NE) – Jake Locker, QB – Washington
If they can trade down to add picks and still get Locker it would be great. Jags could easily draft Locker though.

18. San Diego Chargers – Anthony Castonzo, OT – Boston College
They could make a move to get a 34 DE and if they are gone the Chargers are kind of in no man’s land. I think AJ Smith could do a lot of different things in this draft that most aren’t expecting.

19. New York Giants – Mike Pouncey, OL – Florida

20. Miami Dolphins (from TB) – Mark Ingram, RB – Alabama
Get a few picks back since they lost some in the Marshall trade and still get their top guy. Could easily stay put and draft Locker.

21. TRADE Chicago Bears move up to select - Gabe Carimi, OT – Wisconsion
It would be smart to jump in front of Indy and get a solid OT prospect. I think Carimi is underrated.

22. Indianapolis Colts – Corey Liuget, DT - Illinois
Should probably have this pick as on OT but he could really add something to Indy’s defense

23. Philadelphia Eagles – Jimmy Smith, CB – Colorado

24. New Orleans Saints – Adrian Clayborn, DE - Iowa

25. Seattle Seahawks – Muhammad Wilkerson, DL - Temple

26. Baltimore Ravens – Justin Houston, LB - Georgia

27. TRADE Arziona Cardinals move up to select – Brooks Reed, DE - Arizona

28. New England Patriots – Nate Solder, OT - Colorado

29. Kansas City Chiefs (from Chi) - Phil Taylor, NT - Baylor
Drop down and get better value for Taylor. Still stay in front of the Jets who could use a guy like Taylor.

30. New York Jets – Akeem Ayers, LB - UCLA

31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Derek Sherrod, OT – Mississippi St.

32. Green Bay Packers – Cameron Heyward, DE – Ohio State

Round 2

33. New England Patriots – Jabaal Sheard, LB – Pittsburgh

34. Buffalo Bills – Christian Ballard, DL – Iowa
I think they still have some faith in Fitzpatrick left. They will try build up the team instead of going QB early.

35. Cincinnati Bengals –Christian Ponder, QB – FSU
They need to figure out an endgame with Palmer. This pick doesn’t completely kick him out the door but provides insurance in case they can’t change his mind.

36. Denver Broncos – Martez Wilson, LB - Illinois

37. Cleveland Browns – Stephen Paea, DT – Oregon State
The injury scares me but it looks like he healed ok. I should probably move him up but I don’t like his fit in the 34 and they aren’t a lot of 43 fits.

38. Atlanta Falcons (from ARI) – Titus Young, WR – Boise State
Almost gave them a DE but they desperately need speed to open things up for Ryan. The value is better here and they pick up more ammo.

39. Tennessee Titans – Ryan Mallett, QB – Arkansas
The Titans end up with two risky draft picks but get great value. Big gambles but lots of potential.

40. Dallas Cowboys – Brandon Harris, CB - Miami

41. Washington Redskins – Allen Bailey, DE - Miami

42. Houston Texans – Sam Acho, LB - Texas

43. Minnesota Vikings – Danny Watkins, OL - Baylor

44. Detroit Lions – Aaron Williams, CB - Texas

45. San Francisco 49ers – Ras-I Dowling, CB - Virginia

46. Denver Broncos (from MIA) – Rahim Moore, S - UCLA

47. St. Louis Rams – Jon Baldwin, WR - Pittsburgh

48. Oakland Raiders – Marcus Cannon, OG - TCU

49. Jacksonville Jaguars – Johnny Patrick, CB - Louisville

50. San Diego Chargers – Torrey Smith, WR - Maryland

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bruce Carter, LB - UNC

52. New York Giants – Marvin Austin, DT - UNC

53. Indianapolis Colts – Orlando Franklin, OL – Miami

54. Philadelphia Eagles – Clint Boling, OL - Georgia

55. Kansas City Chiefs – Stefan Wisniewski, C – Penn State

56. New Orleans Saints – Mason Foster, LB - Washington

57. Seattle Seahawks – Ben Ijalana, OL - Villanova

58. Baltimore Ravens – Curtis Brown, CB - Texas

59. Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Rudolph, TE – Notre Dame

60. New England Patriots – Leonard Hankerson, WR - Miami

61. San Diego Chargers – Jarvis Jenkins, DE - Clemson

62. Chicago Bears – Drake Nevis, DT - LSU

63. Pittsburgh Steelers – Brandon Burton, CB - Utah

64. Green Bay Packers – Rodney Hudson, OG - FSU

Heisman
04-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Trading down and still getting Locker is awesome for the Vikings. Watkins, however, might be an awkward fit for the Vikings as they are "re-loading" and the FO has said time and time again the team needs to get much younger.

Hard to see them passing on Rahim Moore there, but if they did it would be for Rudolph or Wisniewski.

Scotty D
04-02-2011, 01:30 AM
Trading down and still getting Locker is awesome for the Vikings. Watkins, however, might be an awkward fit for the Vikings as they are "re-loading" and the FO has said time and time again the team needs to get much younger.

Hard to see them passing on Rahim Moore there, but if they did it would be for Rudolph or Wisniewski.

I do remember Viking safeties getting burned often last year. I know age is an issue with Watkins but he is a really good prospect. He is still capable of giving you a lot of years of solid play and offers flexibility with being able toplay guard or center. I think its ok to look past his age but I understand why people are hesitant.

drd23
04-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Not a fan of taking Curtis Brown in the 2nd. Hankerson would be a better pick

wicket
04-02-2011, 02:33 AM
good saints picks

Scotty D
04-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Not a fan of taking Curtis Brown in the 2nd. Hankerson would be a better pick

I can see that. I should have Hankerson going earlier. I do think Brown would be a good pick up for you guys.

49erNation85
04-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Again drafting a QB SF is a main priority right now for the draft.

Scotty D
04-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Again drafting a QB SF is a main priority right now for the draft.

Unless they move around in the draft I don't like know where they would take one. Maybe if they are high on Dalton they can take him in the second. But after Ponder and Mallett I don't like any QB in the second round.

Babylon
04-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Love it all. Locker to the Vikings (we knew he wasnt going to Seattle), Watt to the Pats (although taking Sheard later is probably a little redundant and the Seattle picks of Wilkerson and Ijalana.

TheMatriculator
04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Taylor + Wisniewski = good solid draft for the Chiefs

Nalej
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Not a fan of the trade up for the Pats.
Mainly bc I feel like Wilkerson and Heyward would be better fits in the Pats base D
and they both could be had at 17 and possibly 28
Can't complain with a haul of N.Solder, J.Sheard and L.Hankerson

Pat Sims 90
04-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Bengals draft is great but i dont think they pass on either QB in the 1st if they are there.

JaxJag_1
04-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Bowers and Patrick aren't Jaguar picks.

akvikefan89
04-02-2011, 03:17 PM

I agree with this.

Menardo75
04-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Unless they move around in the draft I don't like know where they would take one. Maybe if they are high on Dalton they can take him in the second. But after Ponder and Mallett I don't like any QB in the second round.

This is a very good niner mock I see Dowling as more of a FS but it is a position of need good work.

Scotty D
04-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Bowers and Patrick aren't Jaguar picks.

Why? tencharacters

T-RICH49
04-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Taylor + Wisniewski = good solid draft for the Chiefs

what he said

coordinator0
04-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I can see that. I should have Hankerson going earlier. I do think Brown would be a good pick up for you guys.

I don't know he's pretty much the same kind of player we already have there. He has a bit more length than any of our current guys but his strengths and weaknesses are pretty much the same. Hankerson would be a tremendous pick in the second to go along with Houston in the first.

vidae
04-02-2011, 07:01 PM
So the Chiefs trade down, still get Taylor, and then get Wis in the second? That is about as good as it gets. Great job.

Crazy_Chris
04-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Love the trade down + Locker in the first for the Vikes.

I like Danny Watkins and can see him being the pick in certian scenarios. I don't agree that the age will scare the Vikes off. He may not be 22, but guards can last a while in the NFL. I think its safe to say Watkins has plenty of years worth of quality play in him.

However I think the Vikes would find it very difficult to pass on Rahim Moore/Aaron Williams or Kyle Rudolph.

rawdawg
04-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Jerry Angelo, Bears GM has never traded up in the 1st round. He won't this year. Especially when he only has 6 picks and no free agents yet, and a team that could use help at OL (at least 2 spots), DT, LB depth, CB, S depth, WR, and backups at RB and possibly QB.

Also, how are the Patriots trading up, yet they keep their 28th and 33rd picks? Bears also keep their 2nd. Those trades weren't very well thought out.

Scotty D
04-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Jerry Angelo, Bears GM has never traded up in the 1st round. He won't this year. Especially when he only has 6 picks and no free agents yet, and a team that could use help at OL (at least 2 spots), DT, LB depth, CB, S depth, WR, and backups at RB and possibly QB.

Also, how are the Patriots trading up, yet they keep their 28th and 33rd picks? Bears also keep their 2nd. Those trades weren't very well thought out.

NE would probably only give up a third and maybe another pick to move from 17 to 12. They wouldn't give up 28 or 33. They have 3 third round picks this year.

Chicago could give up a third this year and a 2012 pick to move from 29 to 21. Yes, it could possibly involve their second rounder this year but for the sake of this mock specifics aren't a huge deal.

fenikz
04-02-2011, 11:41 PM
pretty much hate the Cardinals draft, both picks are reaches for need that's the opposite of what the cardinals normal approach is. While there has been a lot of talk about the Cardinals taking a QB it isn't coming from the Cardinals them selves, they worked out Blaine Gabbert & Cam Newton but what team wouldn't if they were in our scenario. Hard to see us passing on Patrick Peterson, best player in the draft and one of the greatest CB prospects of all time. Basically passing on Adrian Peterson for Levi Brown again.

Scotty D
04-03-2011, 12:07 AM
pretty much hate the Cardinals draft, both picks are reaches for need that's the opposite of what the cardinals normal approach is. While there has been a lot of talk about the Cardinals taking a QB it isn't coming from the Cardinals them selves, they worked out Blaine Gabbert & Cam Newton but what team wouldn't if they were in our scenario. Hard to see us passing on Patrick Peterson, best player in the draft and one of the greatest CB prospects of all time. Basically passing on Adrian Peterson for Levi Brown again.

With no CBA you guys need to take a QB if Newton or Gabbert are there. Reed isn't a big reach at the end of the first. He'd be a great pick for Arizona. Its going to be another lost year if they don't get a good QB prospect on the team.

descendency
04-03-2011, 12:19 AM
NE's prototypical big man is Muhammed Wilkerson. As much as I love Watt, I can seriously see them targetting him at 17 and passing on a more talented guy.

Or taking an OL.

gouldo
04-03-2011, 02:06 AM
If Miami traded back with the Bucs, what did they get? A2nd rounder, extra 3rd rounder? If it was a 2nd rounder, who did they select?

NGSeiler
04-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Good Rams pick in Round One w/ the receivers off the board, but I don't think the Rams take Baldwin in the second round given his character issues. Just doesn't sound like the kind of player St. Louis would be interested in, given their emphasis under Devaney and Spagnuolo. Smith or Hankerson would be better choices there.