PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if...

descendency
04-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Ryan Mallett goes #4. Let's say the Bengals think his character issues are overplayed and that he will be fine in the NFL. Then that gives me the following mock. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.

1. Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Rumored #1 pick

2. Broncos - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
It was either Dareus or Peterson - I choose Dareus

3. Bills - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
QB the Bills lack. He played in a gimmick offense and Chan Gailey is a gimmick of a coach.

4. Bengals - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Big, strong armed pocket passer like the Bengals want in Palmer - who wants nothing to do with them.

5. Cardinals - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
Seems to be a common pick.

6. Browns - AJ Green, WR, Georgia
The Browns offense's best play-maker is Joe Thomas. I know everyone hates the WR pick because Colt McCoy has no arm strength, but they need someone on the offense to score some damn points. (except when they play NE, who can't seem to stop them)

7. 49ers - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
49ers fans: *drool*

8. Titans - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
He reminds me of Albert Haynesworth. I think the Titans will end up taking Fairley when Bowers fails to check out medically.

9. Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
The Cowboys are showing mad man-love for the potential swing tackle from USC.

10. Redskins - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
If this isn't a need, I don't know what is. It's almost as bad as St Louis needing a WR. I just feel bad for the Rams not getting a top 2 WR, even with Mallett going 4th.

11. Texans - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
Peyton Manning, enough said.

12. Vikings - DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Bowers at 12th may be too high if that knee is shot. I'll put him here because Ray Edwards may be leaving and the Vikings could use a potential elite DE.

13. Lions - Robert Quinn, DE, UNC
The Lions could use a lot of things on defense that are not DL, but when Robert Quinn falls into your lap, you tend to make the move. The next best option for them is OL or Jimmy Smith - both of which aren't really options.

14. Rams - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
They didn't get a WR, but they will get a premiere DE to play opposite Chris Long.

15. Dolphins - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
Their RBs are FAs. Miami would be wise to move on.

16. Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
High character, blue collar play maker. DE is a need. This screams Jaguars.

17. Patriots - Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple
Versatile DE who has the size Belichick looks for in his DL players.

18. Chargers - Cam Jordan, DE, California
Athletic DE/DT prospect who can improve the DL in San Diego.

19. Giants - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
I think we should start a "Save the Mannings" fund. Both Eli and Peyton need OTs to protect their backsides from being raped.

20. Bucs - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
2 picks invested into DTs that struggled in 2010? That's because TB needs a DE.

21. Chiefs - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
I think this is a reach, but most people think this is the most important position on the defense. I considered Carimi here - but he was donated to the "Save the Mannings" fund.

22. Colts - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
I read an internet rumor (don't know where it came from) that the Colts think Mikel LeShoure would be great in their offense. As a Patriots fan, it brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure Colts fans would agree. (though, not for the same reason)

23. Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Jimmy Smith is a prototypical cover 2 corner. He is an elite talent in my opinion. The Eagles DB depth sucks. There might be bigger needs, but this guy could be a home run. (if he doesn't get arrested and lie about it first)

24. Saints - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
I see a lot of people mocking the Saints a DE, so I did too.

25. Seahawks - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
This makes too much sense.

26. Ravens - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
Joe Flacco needs a deep threat and a half decent QB coach, but since the Ravens are probably going to shop Gaither this off-season (or next if possible), they will invest in their line.

27. Falcons - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

28. Patriots - Mike Pouncey, OL, Florida
Logan Mankins said "FU" to the Patriots and Steven Neal retired. Dan Koppen isn't as good against NTs as he used to be. Mike Pouncey fills an immediate need.

29. Bears - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
I asked Jay Cutler what he thought about this pick or an OL. He just shrugged, so I gave them a DT.

30. Jets - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
It amazes me how great Rex Ryan's defense is without a premiere pass rusher. Akeem Ayers is the love child of so many TV analyst who think he is a pass rusher, I will see what Ryan can do with him. I'm kind of scared though.

31. Steelers - Aaron Williams, DB, Texas
Williams is a better fit for Pittsburghs 34 defense than Harris. They are the best players available for Pittsburgh's defense.

32. Packers - Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio State
I heard they needed a DL. Maybe an upstanding guy like Cam Heyward won't get arrested.

33. Patriots - Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
This is the only WR I could see NE taking (no chance at Green or Jones). He has Terrell Owens type talent and Belichick may think he can use the fact that he is a second rounder (when he thinks he's as good as Green and Jones) to get the most out of this elite monstrosity. [they may take a flier on a guy like Greg Little in the late 3rd if available or early 4th] I struggled between this pick and Brandon Harris though... I really want both :(

49erNation85
04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Nice mock for SF.WHo cares about Mallet lol.

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Good Bears pick

Pat Sims 90
04-02-2011, 01:46 PM
If the Bengals took Mallet 4 i would have to kill someone.

Tom Servo
04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
What would happen if the Bengals drafted Mallet at 4? I'd laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and...

TNPatsFan
04-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I don't know why everybody hates Mallett so much. I'm not saying he'll be a great NFL QB but he's at least as good as any of the other QB's in this draft.

As for the Pats picks, I don't think they'd take Wilkerson (or any other DE) that early. If they want a DE in round 1 my guess is they'd want to trade back from 17 into the mid 20's. I suppose I could see the Pouncey pick happening. But I'm not that high on him and even though the Pats need serious help on the interior OL, I think there is enough depth in this draft in rounds 2 and 3 at that position that they don't need to spend a first rounder on one.

I hope the Pats run far away from Baldwin. I don't want him. I'd take Harris every time if they are deciding between Harris and Baldwin at that spot.

Crazy_Chris
04-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Bowers would be alright for the Vikes but not over Quinn... At this point I can't see any team going with Da'quan Bowers over Robert Quinn.

T-RICH49
04-02-2011, 06:10 PM
great KC pick

vidae
04-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't necessarily think Taylor is a reach at 21 anymore. Good pick.

descendency
04-02-2011, 09:13 PM
What would happen if the Bengals drafted Mallet at 4? I'd laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and...

I know it's not cool to back Mallett and I really believe the internet rumors about him (because they seem to be more than just internet rumors with NFL people quoted as saying things like "Mallett thinks he's Eminem" and stupid stuff like that)... but, if it is all a smoke screen by a team to get him, then I think he's a top 3 QB. (and not the 2 I have going 1 and 3... but that's another debate).

Mallett has talent. Bobby Petrino guys scare me, but he has a big arm and has improved greatly every season.

That's the entire point of this draft.

JaxJag_1
04-02-2011, 09:16 PM

I'd laugh until my lungs imploded.

jrdrylie
04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I'd laugh until my lungs imploded.

^^^ This.

But really, by having Cam Newton going to Buffalo, Mallet going to Cincinnati doesn't change things too much. Pretty much every pick after #4 overall is something I've seen numerous times. In reality, I don't think Buffalo takes a QB round one. More than likely, the Bills will take Peterson or Miller.

JaxJag_1
04-02-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd agree with most of that. I think they'll take Newton if he's there at 3 without question, but if it's between Gabbert or Miller or Peterson, they'll go defense - and probably with Von Miller.

thebow305
04-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't think the bengals would take Mallett even if he fell to the 2nd.

Scotty D
04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't put anything past the Bengals but if they really like Mallett I could see them trading up from the second round in to the late first. Quinn is a really good Lions pick.

AntoinCD
04-05-2011, 04:58 AM
Love the first two picks.

Baldwin worries me but is supremely talented