PDA

View Full Version : Bradysknee Mock 2 rounds, trades

BradysKnee
04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB
Something tells me this is going to be the pick. I'm not much of a Newton fan, but I think King Richardson will want this pick to sell some tickets.

2. Denver Broncos - Marcel Dareus, DT
This should be the pick. Switching to a 4-3 they need a difference maker inside. The secondary is acceptable,
enough to get by with. Dareus should have more of an impact right away than Peterson/Miller would.

3. Buffalo Bills - Von Miller, LB
If Newton is here, I think he is the pick. If not I think they wait for round 2 and look at Kaepernick or Mallet.

4. Cincinatti Bengals - Blaine Gabbert, QB
Grab a 3rd for Palmer and be rid of this mess.
I believe Gabbert is the only QB that the Cards consider taking at this point. At least at #5. Gabbert reminds me a
lot of Big Ben and Whis likely thinks the same.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Peterson, CB
I'm sure Arizona would have rather had Von Miller here, but Peterson is a nice consolation.

6. Cleveland Browns - Robert Quinn, DE
Bowers stock has got to be dropping. AJ Green, or Julio Jones could be a strong consideration here. But they need someone on that defensive line who can

impact immediately.

**TRADE** SF receives #17+#49
7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Da'quan Bowers, DE

**TRADE** TEN receives #14+STL 3rd/5th
8. St Louis Rams - AJ Green, WR
I can totally see the Rams [and a few other teams] doing this to get this guy. Most think he's the best WR in the draft, and its very hard to argue against.

**TRADE** DAL receives #15 + 2012 2nd
9. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Mallet, QB
Is this too high for Mallet? Absolutely. I think Miami gets scared of Minnesota taking Mallet and jumps up here. The labor uncertainty is going
to make a lot of teams scared that don't have QBs.

**TRADE** WAS receives #17 + MIN 3rd+NE 4th
10. New England Patriots - Prince Amukamara, CB
Smelling a trade up, Amukamara, Tyron Smith, or Aldon Smith are my guesses.

11. Houston Texans - Aldon Smith, DE
Texans could use help in a lot of places on defense, but Kerrigan is a good start. I wouldn't rule out Aldon Smith or Cam Jordan here either.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Nick Fairley, DT
They would've liked Mallet, but Locker isn't good enough to pick here.

13. Detroit Lions - Tyron Smith, OT
Keeping Stafford upright needs to be the utmost priority.

14. Tennessee Titans - Mike Pouncey, G/C
Tennessee missed out on Mallet, but can help their OL with the running game and new QB

15. Dallas Cowboys - Anthony Castanzo, OT
Not Tyron Smith, but not a bad 2nd.

16. San Francisco 49ers - Ryan Kerrigan, DE/LB
9ers could really use the help at pass rush, and Kerrigan may be the best in the draft long term.

17. Washington Redskins - Julio Jones, WR
Really would be an absolute triumph if the skins could pull this one off.

18. San Diego Chargers - JJ watt, DE
Top tier Pass rushers are gone, Watt is just as good though.

19. New York Giants - Mark Ingram, RB
NYG has shown they will take the BPA and Ingram clearly is.

20. Tampa Bay Buccanneers - Mike Pouncey, G
DL could also be addressed here, but I have an inkling Morris and Co. want to help out that Offense.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor, DT
Vastly under rated player, and quintessential to a successful 3-4.

22. Indianapolis Colts - Gabe Carimi, OT
Great fit for Indy. Akeem Ayers could happen here too.

**TRADE PHI receives #38+ARI 3rd**
23. Arizona Cardinals - Christian Ponder, QB

24. New Orleans Saints - Cameron Jordan, DE
Solid guy here, Saints are a hard team to pick for to me, so feedback from Saints Fans would be appreciated.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Stephen Paea, DT
Seattle is the team I see trading for Kolb. Probably giving up a 1/3 in next years draft. Paea should be a great anchor on that DL.

26. Baltimore Ravens - Jon Baldwin, WR
Very tempted to put Brandon Harris here, but Baldwin is such a good player. I really think if he gets his **** together he could be the best WR of this

draft.

27. Atlanta Falcons - Torrey Smith, WR
More toys for Ryan!!

**TRADE NE receives #34+BUF 4th/7th**
28. Buffalo Bills - Jake Locker, QB
Not a terrible trade up to secure a guy that fits their system and can learn behind Fitzpatrick for awhile.

29. Chicago Bears - Corey Liuget, DT
OL help is needed here as well, but Liuget is the best prospect for them on the board.

30. New York Jets - Adrian Clayborn, DE
Stop the ******* run. Right Rex?

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Brandon Harris, CB
They got beat because of the corner position.

32. Green Bay Packers - Justin Houston, LB
Not sold on Houston myself, but he's good value here.

Round 2-- Fight!

** Trade NE receives #50+#61 SD receives #33+NE 3rd/7th**
33. San Diego Chargers - Akeem Ayers, LB
34. New England Patriots - Nate Solder, T
35. Cincinatti Bengals - Marcus Cannon, OL
36. Denver Broncos - Jimmy Smith, CB
37. Cleveland Browns - Randall Cobb, WR
38. Philadelphia Eagles - Derrek Sherrod, OT
39. Tennessee Titans - Colin Kaepernick, QB
40. Dallas Cowboys - Martez Wilson, LB
**TRADE WAS receives #52+NYG 3rd**
41. New York Giants - Christian Ballard, DT
42. Houston Texans - Brandon Burton, CB
43. Minnesota Vikings - Andy Dalton, QB
44. Detroit Lions - Bruce Carter, LB
45. San Francisco 49ers - Ras-I Dowling, CB
46. Denver Broncos - Kyle Rudolph, TE
47. St Louis Rams - Aaron Williams, CB/S
48. Oakland Raiders - Davon House, CB
49. San Francisco 49ers - Cameron Heyward, DE
50. New England Patriots - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE
51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Lance Kendricks, TE
52. Washington Redskins - Mikel Lashoure, RB
53. Indianapolis Colts - Marvin Austin, DT
54. Philadelphia Eagles - Danny Watkins, G
55. Kansas City Chiefs - Jabaal Sheard, DE/LB
56. New Orleans Saints - Orlando Franlin, OT
57. Seattle Seahawks - Allen Bailey, DE
58. Baltimore Ravens - Drake Nevis, DE
59. Atlanta Falcons - Sam Acho, DE
60. New England Patriots - Rodney Hudson, C / OG
61. New England Patriots - Brooks Reed, DE
62. Chicago Bears - Clint Boling, OG/OT
63. Pittsburgh Steelers - Johnny Patrick, CB
64. Green Bay Packers - Leonard Hankerson, WR

GatorsBullsFan
04-04-2011, 12:29 PM
No way Jags trade up for Bowers...there has been barely any contact between the Jags and Bowers. Plus trading up to 7th overall for a guy that could possibly fall to us anyway because of Knee issues, seems stupid and Gene Smith isn't stupid. Plus Jags insiders have already said were not trading up for a QB so trading up for a DE in a draft that seems to be riddled with talented DEs......Not Happening

BradysKnee
04-04-2011, 12:31 PM
No way Jags trade up for Bowers...there has been barely any contact between the Jags and Bowers. Plus trading up to 7th overall for a guy that could possibly fall to us anyway because of Knee issues, seems stupid and Gene Smith isn't stupid. Plus Jags insiders have already said were not trading up for a QB so trading up for a DE in a draft that seems to be riddled with talented DEs......Not Happening

I'm glad you know Gene Smith on a personal level! Tyson Alulu wasn't thought to happen last year, Bengals weren't picking a TE etc. etc.

It's the draft, never say never.

GatorsBullsFan
04-04-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm glad you know Gene Smith on a personal level! Tyson Alulu wasn't thought to happen last year, Bengals weren't picking a TE etc. etc.

It's the draft, never say never.

Gene Smith knows what he is doing and considering the Fans in Jacksonville would probably rip down the door of the draft room for Gene Smith just for bringing back memories of when Shack Harris traded down to get Derrick Harvey....Trust me its not happening.

The two guys the Jags are looking at are JJ Watt and Cameron Jordan

Nalej
04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Sign me up for that Pats mock!

Dunta_23
04-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Mike Pouncey so good he gets drafted twice?

21ST
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I can dig it

SuperPacker
04-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah never say never but you could say that for everything.

The panthers are going to take Brooks Reed NO.1? NEVER!!!

Jags trade up for an injured guy when they can get Kerrigan or Aldon Smith at 16 and they also have a lot of needs. NEVER!!!

SuperPacker
04-04-2011, 12:58 PM
If Pouncey can get picked 2 times surely he can get picked 3 times. So why dont the Packers take him at 32

wicket
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
LOVE the saints first rounder allmost as much as I HATE the saints second rounder. Saints have no need whatsoever for a tackle and Franklin is a huge reach to boost. Go with Brooks Reed (SLB) or Mason Foster (WLB) instead

dan77733
04-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Will be pissed if the Niners pass on Prince/Green at 7 and trade down especially since they're losing value in that trade. And while im not 100% sure, I dont think future draft picks can be traded away.

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I'd go Sherrod and Hankerson

BradysKnee
04-04-2011, 01:31 PM
If Pouncey can get picked 2 times surely he can get picked 3 times. So why dont the Packers take him at 32

Good point.

GatorsBullsFan
04-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Will be pissed if the Niners pass on Prince/Green at 7 and trade down especially since they're losing value in that trade. And while im not 100% sure, I dont think future draft picks can be traded away.

Future Draft Picks can be traded at team's own risk

Pat Sims 90
04-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Change Cannon to Sherrod and it is perfect.

thebow305
04-04-2011, 06:18 PM
That would be a terrible trade for Miami. I like the pick, but it's questionable that we'll even take him if he falls to 15. Almost no chance we'd actually trade up to take him.

Scotty D
04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Solid Lions draft. Carter is worth it in the second.

Bar-bq
04-04-2011, 08:52 PM
A lot of people aren't digging on your trades, but I'd wholly welcome that trade-up for the Rams.

In round 2, give us one of the abundance of leftover Defensive Linemen. It doesn't matter which - Wilkerson or Shead would be cool.

49erNation85
04-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Horrible horrible,but sadly I'll take the two as I dig those players.Just dam it we miss out on a solid QB,however,if a trade like that happen might as well draft Locker at 16. But nice picks any how.

jCut
04-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Rudolph over the countless DL prospects (Heyward/Wilkerson/Reed/Bailey/Nevis/Austin/Sheard) still left in the middle of round two makes this mock mind-numbingly bad for Denver.

DiG
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
awesome trades for the skins. trading down and landing julio would be awesome. jj watt would be great too. love the 2nd round trade too but think id prefer brooks reed. skins supposedly love williams so if they picked up two thirds i think theyd hope to use those instead of taking leshoure.

zachsaints52
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
LOVE the saints first rounder allmost as much as I HATE the saints second rounder. Saints have no need whatsoever for a tackle and Franklin is a huge reach to boost. Go with Brooks Reed (SLB) or Mason Foster (WLB) instead

+1

Drafted Charles Brown to be our LT, and have Bushrod slide to RT when Stinchcomb is done.

drd23
04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I doubt the Ravens pass on both Justin Houston in the 1st and Brooks Reed in the 2nd.

Either Houston & Hankerson or Baldwin & Reed would be the 2 round combo i'd think

Seasonticketholder
04-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Cameron Jordan is a great pick.

In the second, I would choose Brooks Reed or Kenrick Ellis.

General rule of thumb for the Saints. If Kerrigan or Jordan are there (or if Quinn or Bowers somehow dropped to them), then you take one of those guys. If they are all gone, but Mark Ingram is there, take Mark Ingram. If all of the aforementioned are gone, then Muhammad Wilkerson or Cameron Heyward would be the next logical choices. After them, Adrian Clayborn and Akeem Ayers would make the most sense. Brooks Reed is a wildcard though I think #24 would be a bit too rich for taking him to play SLB.

Matthew Jones
04-09-2011, 10:39 AM
I doubt the Patriots would trade up for a position that doesn't represent a huge need, they're in a very good spot at #17 in terms of who could be available and adding a top player at a position of need. Seeing them throw away picks on a CB and then having Julio Jones, JJ Watt, Mark Ingram, Mike Pouncey, and Cameron Jordan available is terrible and completely ruined the entire mock. I checked to see if you were a Redskins fan after I saw that, and I saw you're a Patriots fan. Dude...what the hell were you thinking? Awful.