92. New England Patriots – Austin Pettis, WR Boise State
93. Chicago Bears – Edmund Gates, WR Abilene Christian
94. New York Jets – Jerrell Powe, DT Mississippi
95. Pittsburgh Steelers – James Brewer, OT Indiana
96. Green Bay Packers – Chris Hairston, OT Clemson
97. Carolina Panthers – Niles Paul, WR Nebraska

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
whats up with always reaching for a C in the 2nd round?? First Kirkpatrick and now Fussco. Burton or Cannon would be a better pick

coordinator0
04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Carimi isn't a great pick in the first for the Ravens. We need a "real" LT so Oher can move back to RT, and I don't think Carimi would be an improvement at LT for us.

Brown is a terrible reach in the second that doesn't fill the needs we have at receiver.

Jenkins doesn't fit what we need along the DL. We need a starting caliber lineman that can line up at DE in both the 3-4 and 4-3 who can get to the QB. That's not Jenkins.

K Train
04-05-2011, 01:36 PM
thats a hell of a draft for the steelers...just barely missing out of powe and jenkins in the 3rd sucks.

GatorsBullsFan
04-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Good picks for the Jags....hopefully we could get a LB or two in the 4th round

FootballGod
04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Replace Mallett with Ponder in round two and I could sign off on this draft.

akvikefan89
04-05-2011, 01:54 PM
If we're going to take an offensive tackle at #12, it better darn well be Tyron Smith...

GatorsBullsFan
04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
If we're going to take an offensive tackle at #12, it better darn well be Tyron Smith...

I don't really understand the Vikings taking a OT anyway...Mckinnie and Loadholt are still good

DiG
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
stanzi in the early 2nd to the skins? he your new flavor of the week?? LOL. Would love to see the Skins take Brooks Reed or Phil Taylor with that pick if they dont trade down.

Nalej
04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
3rd rd fail for the Pats. No need for an ILB
We have our starters set and great rotational/bench guys
An OL like Kirkpatrick or Carpenter or a WR like G.Little would be better selections at the top of round 3.
Not of fan of Pettis

Pat Sims 90
04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I don't see the Bengals passing on Newton in the 1st Mike Brown would override Lewis in the War Room.

wicket
04-05-2011, 03:28 PM
this really doesnt make me happy at all.

Sherrod is a terrible pick as the saints dont need an OT at all, 2nd rounder is bad cuz Sheard is a massive reach (at least in my book), 3a is bad cuz TE is not a real need and the value is bad. KJ Wright is a decent pick.

Go with:
1 Cam Heyward
2 Marvin Austin
3a Quan Sturdivant
3b KJ Wright

Tom Servo
04-05-2011, 05:33 PM
The only thing worse than having the Browns take no DL in the first 3 rounds would be seeing Dareus go to the Bengals.

drd23
04-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I agree with coordinator0 on why the picks for the Ravens arent very good.

If we were going to draft a RT, we could do that in the 4th round or later (or just draft a Guard and keep playing Yanda at RT although that is less favorable)

Brown is not the depth threat WR we need. Jenkins is a decent pick and good value at #90 but his fit in our scheme is questionable, especially if we run the same hybrid front we've been running for the past 5+ years

It'd be better if it went:
Jimmy Smith
Sam Acho
Edmund Gates

indyfan1985
04-05-2011, 06:22 PM
If Tyron Smith fell that far, the Colts will be all over trading up a few spots to get him.

In the 2nd, give them NT Phil Taylor, and in the 3rd give them WR Jerrel Jernigan.

thebow305
04-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Awesome Phins draft!!

zachsaints52
04-06-2011, 10:18 AM
This Saints draft is the most horrible one I have seen on here. OT? When we have a Pro Bowl RT in Stinch, his replacement in Bushrod, and our LT of the future in Brown? The 2nd rounder fills a position of need atleast, but I dont know much about him except he the one that fought a guy in the bar? Luke Stocker? Theres a guy called Jimmy Graham, and behind him is David Thomas, who the Saints love. And a replacement for Vilma when Vilmas done, not too bad, but don't you think we need some OLB to help Vilma out this year? And no run-stuffing DT?

Seasonticketholder
04-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Sherrod does not make sense. The Saints would likely take Clayborn, maybe Heyward. Then Kenrick Ellis, Bruce Carter and Jerrel Jernigan.

TheMatriculator
04-06-2011, 01:17 PM
21. Kansas City Chiefs – Mark Ingram, RB Alabama

I understand that you probably have the Chiefs taking him based on value and while I might agree, Scott Pioli has only taken a skill player in the first round once and that was Laurence Maroney back in 2006. I suspect he'd like a do-over on that one so I wouldn't expect him to take a RB this year either.

55. Kansas City Chiefs – Phil Taylor, DT Baylor

Great pick if he's still there but there is no way that happens. Half the teams in the league are using the 3-4 now and Taylor is the premier NT on most boards.

86. Kansas City Chiefs – Jeremy Kerley, WR TCU

Huge reach.

Abaddon
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
48. Oakland Raiders – Marcus Gilbert, OT Florida

Haven't seen this one before. Can't hate it. Would be a real upgrade in pass pro over Langston Walker.

81. Oakland Raiders – Greg Little, WR North Carolina

Intriguing, but doubtful. Another green rookie is not what this WR corps needs. Another fatty would be great there.

StrikeAnywhere
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I was intrigued with your outside the box approach, thinking you might be onto something... until I saw this

46. Denver Broncos – Kyle Rudolph, TE Notre Dame

and then I was just sad.

fed36
04-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I was intrigued with your outside the box approach, thinking you might be onto something... until I saw this

and then I was just sad.

I understand that you dont like Rudolph....Denver can use a good TE and at least i gave him to you with your second second rounder as opposed to the first one.....

but that is besides the point. so if denver got von miller, Stephen paea, and rahim moore....you would be sad if those three had to come with rudolph

49erNation85
04-07-2011, 07:36 PM
A very solid SF mock , nice work.

Dam8610
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Switch the Ravens and Colts picks, and it's not an absolutely disastrous result for the Colts, just marginally so.

jayceheathman
04-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I dont see the Texans taking Nick Fairley although it would be heck of a value at 11. The Texans only take "pretty boys" and dont take anyone that has an ounce of a question mark against their personality.

Menardo75
04-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Outstanding 49er mock.

vidae
04-08-2011, 01:30 AM
21. Kansas City Chiefs – Mark Ingram, RB Alabama

I understand that you probably have the Chiefs taking him based on value and while I might agree, Scott Pioli has only taken a skill player in the first round once and that was Laurence Maroney back in 2006. I suspect he'd like a do-over on that one so I wouldn't expect him to take a RB this year either.

55. Kansas City Chiefs – Phil Taylor, DT Baylor

Great pick if he's still there but there is no way that happens. Half the teams in the league are using the 3-4 now and Taylor is the premier NT on most boards.

86. Kansas City Chiefs – Jeremy Kerley, WR TCU

Huge reach.

I pretty much agree word for word here. I've been saying for a month now that Ingram would be a bad pick for KC so I'll skip over that.. Phil Taylor would be a steal at 55 but he won't be there and Kerley is a round too early.

StrikeAnywhere
04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I understand that you dont like Rudolph....Denver can use a good TE and at least i gave him to you with your second second rounder as opposed to the first one.....

but that is besides the point. so if denver got von miller, Stephen paea, and rahim moore....you would be sad if those three had to come with rudolph

I could be happy with those 3. I am on the fence about the Miller pick. I am not sure that he fills a need in our D. There's no denying he's a beast, and he is one of my favorite's in this class, and I could be wrong, but in a 4-3 wouldn't he play as a weakside LB? We're trying to find a viable middle linebacker specifically so that DJ Williams can kick back outside to his natural weakside position... so I don't really know how to feel about it. Maybe Miller could play Strong, but that's a bit of a gamble on our part, making the Rudolph pick in the 2nd even more crucial. And we still need a middle linebacker.

Our defensive line is weak and thin. We have Dumerville on one end and we are praying that Robert Ayers steps up at the other end since he never worked as a linebacker, but that's not guaranteed - in fact most people don't think he's going to do that well there either. Behind them we have diddly squat. At tackle we have Vickerson who in my books is a backup and rotational player - and that's it. 3 players (2 of which are big question marks) on our roster to play a 4 man front.

In your draft you gave us one extra guy to plug in at tackle (a guy who I love by the way, so thank you) and a guy to bolster our LB's (who may or may not fit our scheme) and then we got some help in the secondary, which again we could use. But we walk away from Radio City Music Hall after this draft and we really haven't addressed our biggest area of need - our line has gotten one good player, but is basically set up with the potential to flounder all year yet again.

So when Rudolph is taking the field to be used predominantly as a blocking TE after yet another opposing teams scoring drive because our front 4 simply can't stop the run or apply enough pressure for our secondary to be of any use, then yes, I will look back at this draft and think "if only we had added some more talent to the line, maybe this would be different" and I will be sad.

*edit* and again, it's not that I don't like Rudolph. If our situation was different I would love to have him. But it's not, so the only way I am happy with him coming to Denver is if 38ish of the first 45 picks before him are defensive players and there really isn't anyone else left to draft that could make a difference to our team. It's such a deep defensive draft, how can we not take advantage of that to fill the bare cupboard? Our offense is fine without him. Our defense isn't fine without someone at his spot to help out.

Matthew Jones
04-09-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd be happy with the first two Patriots picks, but would prefer Watkins at #33. Leshoure seems too much like Maroney. Pinkston is a reach too. How about Clint Boling there? Sturdivant doesn't fit in a 3-4 and we don't need an ILB at all (Mayo/Spikes.) How about Ryan Williams or Kendall Hunter? Pettis is good.