PDA

View Full Version : Three rounder with first round trades and commentary

MI_Buckeye
04-05-2011, 05:35 PM
1. Carolina Blaine Gabbert, Missouri QB
It seems most people agree Carolina is likely to take a quarterback just a year after spending their first pick on a QB; we are just not sure which one. I appear to be one of the last Gabbert supporters on this forum, and although I think is around the tenth best player in this draft, the Panthers have to take him because of positional value and his immense long-term upside. I personally donít care about his lack of gaudy numbers last season. His receivers couldnít do squat with the ball, and he was playing in an offense that I donít believe fit his skills. Ndamukong Suh may have been far better than Sam Bradford last year, but the Rams donít come that close to the playoffs if they draft Suh.
2. Denver Marcel Dareus, Alabama DT
In what may be the most comfortable marriage of player and team in the draft, this just makes too much sense not to happen. Dareus was a killer 3-4 DE at Bama, but it is inside in John Foxs 4-man front where he will make his millions. His hands, footwork and motor are reminiscent of Gerald McCoy from last, but Dareus is much stouter when fully engaged by O linemen.
3. Buffalo Von Miller, Texas A&M OLB
I think this pick ultimately will come down to Cam Newton as a human being. The Bills place as much emphasis on character as any team in the league, and I think that will disqualify Newton, especially at the very public QB position. Miller, often regarded as one of the highest character players at the top of the draft is not only a personality fit, but fills a huge hole. I know many Bills fans on here are adament that Buffalo will not be taking an OLB, but I donít know how they can be satisfied with one of the worst pass rushes in the league. I heard somewhere that Buffalo had 27 sack last season. Miller has had that many on his own the past two years, and he was hurt for a good deal of that time. I have already conceded that this pick probably wont happen, because it makes too much sense. Theyíll probably take Nate Solder.
4. Cincinnati Julio Jones, Alabama WR
Mike Brown is as stubborn as it gets, and I donít think he is budging one inch on this Carson Palmer fiasco. Instead of admitting QB is a huge need whether or not Palmer returns, I think Brown tries to lure Palmer back with an elite weapon. Jones gets the nod over Green, because he has better triangle numbers and fits perfectly in the West Coast offense the Bengals are switching to this season. Jones is better after the catch and is one of the best blocking receivers to come along in a while. Thatís a good thing for a team that has publicly stated it wants to get back to a power running mentality.
5. Arizona Patrick Peterson, LSU CB
Another team passes on Cam Newton because of big on and off-field question marks. CB might not be Arizonas top need, but Peterson is the top player on many teams boards. Pairing with DRC, the Cards have two potential shutdown corners, offering a great deal of flexiblity in designing blitz packages. With Peterson on board, The Cards might legitimitely have one of the best Ds in the game, especially if they can get their pass rush in order. Look for them to be active in the QB market once the lockout ends.

Minnesota trade 2011 first and second to Cleveland for No. 6 overall
6. Minnesota* Cam Newton, Auburn QB
In the first trade of the draft, the Vikes forfeit the last of their remaining Day Two picks to get their guy under center. A massively souped-up version of incumbant Joe Webb, Newton fits the Vikings MO of drafting gigantis uber-athletes at all positions. Trouble for Noewton is he will have to play right away. For a team of veterans whos window for a Super Bowl is actually still open but closing fast, we will get to see a lot of Newtons resolve very early in his career if he goes to the twin cities.
7. San Francisco Aldon Smith, Missouri OLB
Call it a hunch, but I believe a lot of 3-4 teams will have Smith rated ahead of Robert Quinn because of his length and incredible open-field ability. Seriously, this guy makes plays in space like a natural LB. Pass rusher is typically valued higher than CB, so Smith gets the nod here over Amukamara, although both would be enormous upgrades over what they currently have on their roster.
8. Tennessee Nick Fairley, Auburn DT
The Titans hired Auburn D line coach Tracy Rocker this offseason and have been missing an impact player on defense since Albert Haynesworth signed his lucractive reitrement, er, free agent contract with Washington. Fairley is similar in talent to Dareus, but questions about his motivation could lead him to drop even further than this.

St. Louis trades 2011 first and third to Dallas for No. 9 overall
9. St. Louis* A.J. Green, Georgia WR
In a scenario too good to be true, the Rams see possibly their top-rated player in the whole draft at their biggest need drop to the bottom portion of the top ten. They also have an eager trading partner in Dallas who sees nothing of value to them at this juncture. Green fits perfectly in St. Louis O and gives them their first bona fide No. 1 since Torry Holt moved on.

New England trades 2011 first (No.17) and scond (No. 60) to Washington for No. 10 overall
10. New England* Robert Quinn, North Carolina OLB
The Pats have too many picks. On top of that, they lack an impact edge rusher. They will not be able to get one of the better rushers for their scheme if they wait to pick at 17, so a move here makes perfect sense. Quinn has a benign brain tumor, making him somewhat of a risky pick, but if anyone can afford the risk, it is New England.
11. Houston Prince Amukamara, Nebraska CB
Ideal scenario for the Texans, who get the last elite CB in the draft to help supplement possibly the worst secondary the NFL has seen in the last twenty years. Amukamara is a truly elite prospect who has experienced a minor downturn in his stock this postseason. If he starts to slide, donít rule out the Texans making a slight move upwards in order to secure him. If Amukamara is not wearing a Texans hat April 28, shame on them.
12. Cleveland* Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue DE
The Browns collect an extra second rounder and still get their choice of quality D linemen, which they need badly. Kerrigans high motor and higher character make a perfect fit with GM Tom Heckert and President Mike Holmgren and should make him a fan favorite in the downtrodden, blue-collar city. If the Browns donít use their first round pick, wherever they select, to ease their transition to a 4-3, they will not have succeeded in my book.

Indianapolis trades 2011 first and second to Detroit for No. 13 overall
13. Indianapolis* Tyron Smith, USC OT
Bill Polian has already publicly lamented passing on the opportunity to pick Rodger Saffold last year and might be a little on tilt this draft with a zealous desire to protect the eighth best player in NFL history, who has started to show signs of wear and tear the past few seasons. Smith fits the prototype Polian has been looking for in all his prospects over the years. Polian values big program experience and prefers athleticism to size.
14. Dallas* Anthony Castonzo, Boston College OT
Lots of people have been projecting Dallas to take an O linemen at 9, but a move down would make that decision far more palatable. Castonzo is viewed as one of the safer O linemen in this draft, and would provide a considerable upgrade at RIGHT tackle, with Jerry opting to address the secondary later in the draft.

Seattle trade 2011 first and second and 2012 third to Miami for No. 15 overall
15. Seattle* Jake Locker, Washington QB
Not a pick I would be in favor of, but if the Seachickens have targeted the local product, they might feel they need to jump the Skins in order to make that selection. Aside from the PR angle of this move, Pete Carroll actually coached against Locker twice and lost to him once. Locker was fantastic in Carrolls last year in college, so there might be a residual affinity. Ideally, Locker can sit behind Matt Hasselbeck for one season, while he works on developing his pro-style mechanics.
16. Jacksonville DaQuan Bowers, Clemson DE
Unthinkable just a week ago, Bowers is on the downhill due to potentially severe medical concerns and a less than stellar pro day. Wherever Bowers is taken, he will be a risk, but the Jags have been long for No. 1 pass rusher for too long to not take this risk. If Bowers can put his consistency and injury issues behind him, he is a top 5 talent.
17. Washington* Christian Ponder, Florida State QB
Mike Shanahan likes to be cute and quirky, and it wouldnít be a stretch to think he falls in love with the fast-rising Ponder. Ponder already has an MBA and looks and sounds like a starting NFL QB. A reserved, cerebral person, life just seems to come easily for Ponder, and I really think he ends up in the first round somewhere. Also, Shanny love athletic QBs and Ponder has great mobility.
18. San Diego JJ Watt, Wisconsin DE
I admit I will be surprised if both Watt and Jordan are both available here. The draft breaks beautifully for the Chargers, with their top positions of need meshing well with the positions likely to have values at this point in the draft. Watt has sort of become the consensus top 5 tech in the draft, and The Chargers might even trade up to secure Watt. We have seen before, AJ Smith is not shy about making deals on draft day if he sees a guy he has to have.
19. Giants Nate Solder, Colorado OT
Jerry Reese is a Height-Weight-Speed guy and the Giants have not addressed the O line in the first round in a long time. Solder is an imposing presence, but his technique is FAR from ideal. David Diehl isnt so bad that he must be replaced now, but if Solder can develop into the type of players he is expected to be, he will be a significant upgrade.

New England trades 2011 first and third to Tampa Bay for No. 20 overall
20. New England* Cameron Jordan, California DE
Like I said, the Pats have too many picks and are not in a position to let the draft fall to them without sacrificing quality. Jordan is a guy everybody loves, but because of the position he plays could very well fall. Jordan should become a player at a similar level to Ty Warren, who the Pats drafted No. 13 overall in 2003. Admit it Pats fans, you have to be jonesing for the chance to pick up Quinn and Jordan in the first.
21. Kansas City Phil Taylor, Baylor DT
The Chiefs have invested heavily on the D line over the years but still have a gaping hole at nose tackle. Taylor is the only first round nose tackle in the draft, unless you would consider Stephen Paea for that role. Taylor is an immense physical talent who carries 340 pounds as well as any human I have ever seen. The question for Taylor is character, which could make this selection tenuous since the Chiefs put a heavy emphasis on character.
22. Detroit* Jimmy Smith, Colorado CB
A candidate for the Lions at 13, Smith is much better value this late in the draft. Charcater drops Smith further than his talent would put him, but there are football reasons to be concerned with him too. He played almost all press coverage in college, and if concerns about his intelligence and character prove valid, he may struggle adjusting to the more exotic coverage schemes in DC Gunther Cunninghams system. However, outside of Houston, no team needs a CB as badly as the Lions, so the risk here would be wise.
23. Philadelphia Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin OT
Put a fork in Winston Justice; he is done. Carimi is one of the most powerful linemen in the draft and provides great value at either RT or OG. He may not be a LT long-term, but I have no doubt he could fill in in the case of an injury and/or suspension to Jason Peters.
24. New Orleans Corey Liuget, Illinois DT
Sedrick Ellis is one of the best DTs in the game. Problem is, there is nobody beside him to maximize his enormous talent. With Liuget, the Saints will have two talented inside pass rushers and a much more disruptive front four. Liuget fits perfectly in the Saints scheme and is a great value at 24.
25. Miami* Mark Ingram, Alabama RB
Merry Christmas Dolphins fans. You get one of the best players in the draft at one of your biggest areas of need and still pick up much-needed draft picks. Ingram falls because of his position, and if he is gone I think Mike Pouncey is the pick. The only downfall of this pick is that the Phins donít address the QB position.
26. Baltimore Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple DE
Wilkerson falls, but provides typical Ravens value. I think Wilkerson will be a rotational guy for at least a year while he develops his technique, but he has as much upside and the work ethic to reach that uspide as Jordan and Watt.
27. Atlanta Adrian Clayborn, Iowa DE
This pick probably has to be either TE or DE. DE provides depth at this point with Clayborn, Justin Houston and Brooks Reed, among others still on the board. In the end, I think they go with Clayborn who slides because of medical concerns and an underwhelming senior season. Clayborn might lack elite explosiveness, but he plays very hard and rarely gets out of position. A typical Thomas Dimitroff pick
28. Tampa Bay* Justin Houston, Georgia DE
The Bucs fail in an attempt to move up for one of the elite rushers in the draft, so they move back and settle for a guy in the next lot of pass rushers. IMO, Houston fits better a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB due to his stiff hips. Houston joins McCoy and Brian Price as early round reinforcements a very young, very talented D line.
29. Chicago Mike Pouncey, Florida OG
The Bears have issues everywhere on the O line, but particularly inside. Pounceys name has been abuzz in recent weeks, but in the end, I think teams will realize why he didnít join his brother in the league last year. Still, Mike is a good player who fills an enormous need for the Bears who gave up a ton for Jay Cutler and now need to protect him.
30. Jets Cameron Heyward, Ohio State DE
The Jets just missed out on Jared Odrick last season and hope to not get slighted as badly this year. Heyward has demostrated flashes of a top 3 overall pick but slides because of inconsistent play and his plans to undergo Tommy John surgery.
31. Pittsburgh Brandon Harris, Miami CB
Harris might be more of a second rounder, but the Steelers secondary got exposed in the Super Bowl. Issues could be exacerbated if they lose Ike Taylor after the lockout. If Pouncey falls here, the card will be up in a New York minute.
32. Green Bay Akeem Ayers, UCLA OLB
A bad combine drops a very good player to a team too smart to pass him up. Ayers wont be asked to be the primary pass rusher, but he should make for a great complement.

1. New England Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State C
2. Buffalo Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State OT
3. Cincinnati Danny Watkins, Baylor OG
4. Denver Brooks Reed, Arizona DE
5. Cleveland Torrey Smith, Maryland WR
6. Arizona Jabaal Sheard, Pitt OLB
7. Tennessee Ryan Mallett, Arkansas QB
8. Dallas Aaron Williams, Texas CB
9. Washington Leonard Hankerson, Miami WR
10. Houston Kenrick Ellis, Hampton DT
11. Cleveland* Stephen Paea, Oregon State DT
12. Detroit Mason Foster, Washington OLB
13. San Francisco Andy Dalton, TCU QB
14. Denver Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame TE
15. St. Louis Drake Nevis, LSU DT
16. Oakland Davon House, New Mexico State CB
17. Jacksonville Colin Kaepernick, Nevada QB
18. San Diego Martez Wilson, Illinois ILB
19. Tampa Bay Bruce Carter, North Carolina OLB
20. Giants Nate Irving, N.C. State ILB
21. Detroit* Orlando Franklin, Miami OT
22. Philadelphia Brandon Burton, Utah CB
23. Kansas City Edmond Gates, Abilene Christian WR
24. New Orleans Mikel Leshoure, Illinois RB
25. Miami* Marcus Cannon, TCU OG
26. Baltimore Titus Young, Boise State WR
27. Atlanta Luke Stocker, Tennessee TE
28. Washington* Allen Bailey, Miami DE
29. San Diego Jon Baldwin, Pitt WR
30. Chicago Marvin Austin, North Carolina DT
31. Pittsburgh Will Rackley, Lehigh OG
32. Green Bay Greg Little, North Carolina WR

1. Carolina Christian Ballar, Iowa DT
2. Cincinnati Rahim Moore, UCLA S
3. Denver Chimdi Chekwa, Ohio State CB
4. Buffalo Pernell McPhee, Mississippi State DE
5. Arizona Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin TE
6. Cleveland Chykie Brown, Texas CB
7. Dallas Ronald Johnson, USC WR
8. New Orleans Greg Jones, Michigan State LB
9. Houston Quinton Carter, Oklahoma S
10. Tampa Bay* Robert Sands, West Virginia S
11. Detroit Tandon Doss, Indiana WR
12. San Francisco Sam Acho, Texas OLB
13. Tennessee Greg Romeus, Pitt DE
14. Dallas* Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina ILB
15. Miami Shareece Wright, USC CB
16. Jacksonville Cecil Shorts, Mount Union WR
17. Oakland Brandon Hogan, West Virginia CB
18. San Diego Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss DT
19. Giants Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech RB
20. Tampa Bay Marcus Gilbert, Florida OT
21. Philadelphia DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma RB
22. Kansas City James Carpenter, Alabama OT
23. Indianapolis Rodney Hudson, Florida State OG
24. New Orleans Clint Boling, Georgia OG
25. San Diego Jalil Brown, Colorado CB
26. Baltimore K.J. Wright, Mississippi State OLB
27. Atlanta Randall Cobb, Kentucky WR
28. New England Austin Pettis, Boise State WR
29. Chicago Lee Ziemba, Auburn OT
30. Jets Marcus Gilchrist, Clemson S
31. Pittsburgh Deandre McDaniel, Clemson S
32. Green Bay Ryan Winterswyk, Boise State DE
33. Carolina Jerrel Jernigan, Troy WR

Babylon
04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Seattle

And i thought my wife was the only one that called them the Seachickens......

It would be great to get Locker there, not sure if he'll be available but a deal worth making as far as i'm concerned.

akvikefan89
04-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm not sold one Newton, but I can see the Vikings moving up if they were convinced he was their guy.

Pat Sims 90
04-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Mike Brown wont pass on Cam Newton. Mike Brown already came out and said that this team is treating Carson like he is retired.

drd23
04-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Not bad for the Ravens but Young isnt the best WR available at pick 58 and Wright isnt a good fit in the 3rd especially with better OLBs available.

I'd rather if it went like this:
1. Justin Houston
2. Jon Baldwin
3. Jarvis Jenkins/John Moffitt/Curtis Marsh

indyfan1985
04-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Good picks for the Colts in getting Tyron Smith and C Rodney Hudson. Although I would much prefer to trade next year's 2nd rounder since it should be a later pick.

Babylon
04-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Mike Brown wont pass on Cam Newton. Mike Brown already came out and said that this team is treating Carson like he is retired.

At least he's better than Akili Smith......right?

wicket
04-05-2011, 07:05 PM
very bad saints picks, well greg jones is a fine pick. Saints do however have no need whatsoever for a running bakc and liuget is a pure UT (Ellis spot) and is useless in three man fronts. The only way you can go OLine in the 3rd is if you dont already waste a pick on a RB.

Go
1 Cam Heyward
2 Marvin Austin
3a Quan Sturdivant
3b KJ Wright

CheeseKnuckles
04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Decent Packers draft... never heard of the guy picked in the 3rd round though.

thebow305
04-05-2011, 11:36 PM
That is an awesome trade and very solid picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds. The 3rd rounder is not good though because we have a lot of young depth at corner already, and if Randall Cobb is there in the 3rd, I don't see us passing on him.

Seasonticketholder
04-06-2011, 12:38 AM
The pick for the Saints does not make any sense. First, the Saints have someone to go next to Ellis--Shaun Rogers. Second, Luiget is strictly a 3-tech and is not capable of playing the nose. Third, THERE'S NO WAY the Saints will pass on Mark Ingram for Corey Liuget. I am willing to place money on it. Finally, if you are going to project the Saints taking a RB in the second round, it only makes sense for them to take Ingram in the first and a DT in the second than the other way around. Austin is just as talented a Luiget but I believe is decisively better than Leshoure.

1. Mark Ingram
2. Marvin Austin
3a. Greg Romeus
3b. Dontay Moch

Tom Servo
04-06-2011, 01:34 AM
speaking for Browns fans everywhere I say god bless u sir

Scotty D
04-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Epic Lions draft.

Abaddon
04-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Oakland going CB back to back? Oh, the horror...

zachsaints52
04-06-2011, 10:15 AM
The pick for the Saints does not make any sense. First, the Saints have someone to go next to Ellis--Shaun Rogers. Second, Luiget is strictly a 3-tech and is not capable of playing the nose. Third, THERE'S NO WAY the Saints will pass on Mark Ingram for Corey Liuget. I am willing to place money on it. Finally, if you are going to project the Saints taking a RB in the second round, it only makes sense for them to take Ingram in the first and a DT in the second than the other way around. Austin is just as talented a Luiget but I believe is decisively better than Leshoure.

1. Mark Ingram
2. Marvin Austin
3a. Greg Romeus
3b. Dontay Moch

Id crap if we got that draft ^^^^

Nalej
04-06-2011, 10:50 AM
R.Quinn - OLB
C.Jordan - DE
S.Wiz - C/RG
BPA OL

^^^ That's how I'd like to see the Pats mock go.
First three picks are epic though.
I'd finish up the trenches with an OT like Pinkston or solidify the interior OL with a C like Kirkpatrick. Allowing Wiz to stay at RG (Which he played this past year)

Nice job. I wish!

Seasonticketholder
04-06-2011, 11:32 AM

I would too, and I know the Saints have a real interest in Mark Ingram contrary to some belief. If he gets past Miami and maybe New York, I think he will likely be the pick, that is, unless one of the DEs they ahve rated ahead him is also there.

After that, everything else could very well happen. I think they have greater interest in Bruce Carter than Moch; but Carter was gone in this draft so I just went off what was there. But I think we have an excellent chance to add talent at RB, DE, DT, and LB in this draft. The Saints almost always take an offensive lineman so if a highly rated guy is there, they could go that route, particularly in round 3. I would also not be shocked to see them take a long look at a KR though as Sean Payton intimated following the recent rules changes, the price tag may have come down on having to add such a player.

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
I really like the first two cowboy picks.

But in the third they take a wr and an ilb? I don't like that. A safety is needed. Or more OL help. Or DL help. I can't see how a third round ilb or wr would contribute to the boys at all.

But I truly enjoyed your draft. And the trades.

phlysac
04-07-2011, 07:32 AM
7. San Francisco Aldon Smith, Missouri OLB
13. San Francisco Andy Dalton, TCU QB
12. San Francisco Sam Acho, Texas OLB

I would be very surprised if Smith was the pick at #7 but if he is I'd see no way that they draft another OLB in the 3rd (Acho).

wicket
04-08-2011, 10:49 AM

In disgust i hope, ingram would be a terrible pick

49erNation85
04-08-2011, 11:43 AM
agreed with about Acho being not a pick maybe a WR there instead.

vidae
04-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Give KC Hudson in the third and that is great.

Seasonticketholder
04-08-2011, 12:19 PM
In disgust i hope, ingram would be a terrible pick

Oh, how I pray Miami, NE or NYG don't surprise and take Ingram so that he can be there at #24. As much as I would like to see us add a DE like Jordan or Kerrigan, I would love to see what your reaction would be when Ingram is our pick. As your sitting on your couch at home, waiting for them to call any name but Ingram's, I would love to be a fly on the wall when Roger Goddell says, "With the 24th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Saints select Mark Ingram."

And then what? What will you do? Just hate the pick? Hate the player? Hate the Saints? It is amazing how you feel he's just a horrible fit but the Saints do not. I guess you know more than Loomis and Payton.

T-RICH49
04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Give KC Hudson in the third and that is great.

qft (10 char)

BaLLiN
04-08-2011, 05:53 PM
19. Giants Nate Solder, Colorado OT
Jerry Reese is a Height-Weight-Speed guy and the Giants have not addressed the O line in the first round in a long time. Solder is an imposing presence, but his technique is FAR from ideal. David Diehl isnt so bad that he must be replaced now, but if Solder can develop into the type of players he is expected to be, he will be a significant upgrade.

Ok so now i know i definitely do not want Solder. He definitely isnt imposing, he plays patty cake and has hardly any punch. Another thing is his technique is pretty bad, and he seems like a bust waiting to happen. I dont want to wait for another prospect to develop at the same position (William Beatty)

Apart from that, Jerry Reese is not a Height-Weight-Speed guy, just because we picked Jason Pierre-Paul last year doesn't mean he looks for that specifically. If anything he is very equal with his evaluation of all assets a player brings to the table.

wicket
04-08-2011, 07:00 PM
And then what? What will you do? Just hate the pick? Hate the player? Hate the Saints? It is amazing how you feel he's just a horrible fit but the Saints do not. I guess you know more than Loomis and Payton.

Id be seriously upset if they picked ingram cuz it would mean that payton picked a back that needs 25 touches a game to be effective for a system where he will get 10 tops. The saints also have yet to show they actually like ingram and if you are going to cite the visit, that has always been windowdressing with the first round picks.

What you forget is that I actually like Ingram as a player, just not in the saints system. He needs to be handed the ball over and over and wear a defense down, however, unless payton gets fired pre-season that will never happen with the saints. I really struggle to see how you imagine that ingram fits in the saints base-offense (which is a 3 wide singleback set, the formation they use the most easily). Ingram is to mediocre a receiver and not enough of an open field playmaker to stretch the field horizontally like Payton loves to do and he is not physical enough to pound games home in garbage time. Not saying Ingram isnt physical but he isnt a violent runner like Ivory. But weve been through this discussion and I am yet to hear a good role for Ingram in the Saints offense from you.

fed36
04-08-2011, 07:35 PM
First off - Great Job Overall.

All of the trades made sense and seemed logical....and i love seeing the skins trade down. I would hope if sseattle jumps us to get locker that we dont reach on ponder in the first. and i really dont like Bailey too much. so i was looking over how your draft fell...thinking of different possibilities...and this vision came to me.

First Round - Mark Ingram (sorry dolphins)
Second Round - Andy Dalton and then Jon Baldwin

this i really like - this will help shanahan upgrade a depleted offensive side of the ball.

MI_Buckeye
04-08-2011, 11:20 PM
First off - Great Job Overall.

All of the trades made sense and seemed logical....and i love seeing the skins trade down. I would hope if sseattle jumps us to get locker that we dont reach on ponder in the first. and i really dont like Bailey too much. so i was looking over how your draft fell...thinking of different possibilities...and this vision came to me.

First Round - Mark Ingram (sorry dolphins)
Second Round - Andy Dalton and then Jon Baldwin

this i really like - this will help shanahan upgrade a depleted offensive side of the ball.

Thank you very much for the compliment and constructive feedback.

First off, let me say that if the Skins trade down with their eye on a QB, I think there is just as good a chance it will be for Ponder as Locker. I love Ponder and think he represents the best qualities of Chad Pennington and Jake Plummer, who had his best seasons playing for Shanahan.

Also, Ryan Torain had a really nice season last year, and I just dont believe the Skins will be targeting a RB in the early rounds, especially since Shanny never targets RBs early. Ingram is good value at 17, but I just dont see it happening.

However, Baldwin definitely a possibility!

Rabscuttle
04-09-2011, 10:20 AM
You could always bump up a corner a few slots in the third for the Niners to help with the secondary. Two outside backers isn't out of the question with the limited production the team has received from the guys on the roster. Interesting to see someone putting that much value on Aldon Smith. I don't know that I would be comfortable with that even as someone that likes him quite a bit. Something to think about.