PDA

View Full Version : What if some crazy s*** happened we didn't see coming?

stephenson86
04-06-2011, 12:34 PM
This mock is basically just a case of every year teams do crazy stuff or draft people you don't expect, so I kind of went a bit out of the box in places to see what would happen.

1. Carolina (2-14) – Cam Newton – New face of a failing franchise, Clausen is pig ugly.

2. Denver (4-12) – Marcell Dareus – Big man for the silver fox.

3. Buffalo (4-12) – Von Miller – Will help clean the soiled memory of Maybin.

4. Cincinnati (4-12) – Blaine Gabbert – Palmer is gone baby gone, Gabbert has slick hair.

5. Arizona (5-11) – Patrick Peterson – Add him to the DB freak show in Arizona.

6. Cleveland (5-11) – AJ Green – McCoy needs a friend down in Cleveland.

7. San Francisco (6-10) – Prince Amukamara – Missing piece in a jigsaw.

8. Tennessee (6-10) – Nick Fairley – His old coach will get him in the team.

9. Dallas (6-10) – Tyron Smith – Why not? They need a T and he has potential.

10. Washington (6-10) – Jake Locker – Shanahan wants his guy and I bet he looooooves Locker.

11. Houston (6-10) – Roberts Quinn – OLB for Wade, should fit in?

12. Minnesota (6-10) – Da’Quan Bowers – He will look sexy opposite The Mullet.

13. Detroit (6-10) – Aldon Smith – Luxury pick? He will look so sexy next to Suh.

14. St. Louis (7-9) – Julio Jones – Is this a match made in heaven? Sam says yes.

15. Miami (7-9) – Ryan Mallett – Crazy times down in Miami but let’s go for it anyway.

16. Jacksonville (8-8) – Ryan Kerrigan – He looks like a 3 year old but he can ball.

17. New England - from Oakland (8-8) – JJ Watt – Bill has double cream in his pants.

18. San Diego (9-7) – Cameron Jordan – Versatile guy will help boost that D.

19. New York Giants (10-6) – Anthony Costanzo – God know what the Giant’s will do.

20. Tampa Bay (10-6) – Adrian Clayborn – Get themselves a DE to go along with Mr McCoy.

21. Kansas City* (10-6) – Gabe Carimi – Because they should of taken Bulaga (JOKING).

22. Indianapolis* (10-6) – Stephen Pea – Not sold on Carimi, Polian doesn’t do protection for Manning.

23. Philadelphia* (10-6) – Jimmy Smith – Will help get the pass rush to the QB.

24. New Orleans* (11-5) – Akeem Ayers – He will look good in black and gold.

25. Seattle* (7-9) – Corey Luiget – Hey why not, they need a DT.

26. Baltimore* (12-4) – Cameron Heyward – They miss Trevor Pryce, he fits in nicely.

27. Atlanta* (13-3) – Justin Houston – Will compliment Abraham nicely.

28. New England* (14-2) – Mark Ingram – Let’s go for it, Green-Ellis isn’t that good.

29. Chicago* (11-5) – Nate Solder – Chicago could do anything, but they draft a T.

30. New York Jets* (11-5) – Brooks Reed – Reach or not, they need some pass rush.

31. Pittsburgh* (12-4) – Mike Pouncey – I still can dream of the brothers reunited.

32. Green Bay* (10-6) – Aaron Williams – Stick him at safety, sexy DB’s.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2011, 12:53 PM
TBH the Mallett pick is the only pick in the entire mock that is shocking, that and I don't think Cam Jordan falls out of the top 12 or so picks.

stephenson86
04-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Yea, I figured it's not ground breaking and un-realistic but I just tried to stay away from making every pick by the general consensus.

thebow305
04-06-2011, 01:13 PM
I'd be ok with Mallett.

coordinator0
04-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Trevor Pryce was so valuable to our defense because he could get to the QB from the 5-technique and 4-3 LE positions. Heyward doesn't get to the QB from any position, I don't see him being a big upgrade for us.

xpmar9x
04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Where exactly did "some crazy **** happen"?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Yea, I figured it's not ground breaking and un-realistic but I just tried to stay away from making every pick by the general consensus.

Yeah it's a pretty good mock. Out of the box picks without being crazy. Got to say I was kind of looking forward to seeing stuff like AJ Green to the Cowboys and Cam Newton to the Titans.

SuperPacker
04-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Haha you say that this a crazy mock draft, but this is basically my actual mock draft :D my first 9 picks are all the same, i have mallett going to MIA, Bowers going MIN.

I posted it on here its called The Perfect 3 Round Mock w/ Commentry

Pat Sims 90
04-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Nothing really shocking in this draft. I could see a team reaching on Mallet.

MidwestJimmy
04-06-2011, 04:49 PM
stephenson, you said you were going to have some crazy stuff, but it all looked pretty normal to me.

Akeem Ayers played on the edge in UCLA's 4-3 under defense, but he mostly covered, so he could go to a 4-3D team like New Orleans and still play OLB.

The Packers have a great secondary and don't need to draft a defensive back early (even thought they start five DBs). They might use later rounds to find backups.

I like the Jets pick. The 46 defense is all about the pass rush, and Rex Ryan will make sure they address that as soon as possible.

T-RICH49
04-06-2011, 05:53 PM
why do you hate me stephenson?OT is a horrendous pick for KC.if we did'nt take one last yyear why assume we do so this year when our O-Line was not that bad

jCut
04-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Well, this has all been one big tease.

Orakpowned
04-06-2011, 11:36 PM
10. Washington (6-10) – Jake Locker – Shanahan wants his guy and I bet he looooooves Locker.

Not at all...

AntoinCD
04-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Green Ellis isn't that good as in he isn't a pro bowl RB but he is more than serviceable and another RB to add to the committe may be needed, however not in the first. You do also realise that the Pats have currently only one potential long term starter along the offensive line in Vollmer?? It would be very tough to pass on Pouncey at 28 let alone for Mark Ingram

MidwestJimmy
04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Why do you hate me stephenson? OT is a horrendous pick for KC. If we didn't take one last year why assume we do so this year when our O-Line was not that bad.

Do you really like Barry Richardson that much? Gabe Carimi is a good pick for the Chiefs. OL is a need all around due to age in the interior and the fact that Richardson should be a career backup. Mike Pouncey may be tempting but I think of first rounders as rookie starters, and Casey Wiegmann (C) and Brian Waters (G) may have one more year left in them. They could wait for Round 2 and pick either Stephen Wisniewski, Rodney Hudson, or Clint Boling (who can also play tackle) for centers and guards and have them wait a season until they start.

dolfan75071
04-07-2011, 05:44 PM
I like the Dolphins taking Mallet at 15 and seriously hope they do take him. He is the best pure passer in this draft.

49erNation85
04-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Disappointing title CB is a major and not a shocker.For Sf at least.

Seasonticketholder
04-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't know why this is so difficult to understand. The Saints believe in taking the best player available, that is, unless the grade between two players are so close that they are willing to go with the player who fits the biggest need.

In this case, Ingram would be the BPA. Aside from that, the Saints are actually interested in him. They would not pass on him for Ayers, this I can guarantee.

vidae
04-08-2011, 01:29 AM
So so KC pick. If we had to take an OT, Carimi would be the one I'd want.. but I don't see it with superior talent and areas of need on the board. Phil Taylor is a much better pick.

Matthew Jones
04-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Great Patriots draft.