PDA

View Full Version : Needed a Mock to chear me up kind of Mock.Two rounds.

49erNation85
04-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Round One OF the 2011 Draft

1) Panther - Patrick Peterson LSU CB
2) Broncos - Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
3) Bills- Cam Newton QB Auburn
4) Bangles - AJ Green WR UGA
5) Cardinals - DA'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
6) Browns - Nick fairley DT Auburn
7) 49ers - Von Miller LB Texas A&M
8) Titans - Blaine Gabbert QB Mizz
9) Cowboys - Tyron Smith OL USC
10) Redskins - Prince Amukamara CB Neb
11) Texans - Robert Quinn DE North Carolina
12) Vikings -Aldon Smith DE Cali
13) Lions - Justin Houston LB UGA
14) Rams - Julio Jones WR UGA
15) Dolphins - Ryan Mallet QB Ark
16) Jags - Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
17) Patriots - J.J. Watt DE Wis
18) Chargers - Anthony Castonzo OL Boston College
19) Giants - Mike Pouncey OL Florida
20) Buccaneers - Gabe Carimi OL Wis
21) Chiefs - Aykeem Ayers LB UCLA
22) Colts - Nate Solider OL Colorado
23) Eagles - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
24) Saints - RB Mark Ingram Alabama
25) Seahawks Danny Watkins OL
26) Ravens - Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
27) Falcons - Adrian Clayborn Iowa DE
28) Patriots - Orlando Franklin OL U of M
29) Bears - Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple
30) Jets - Phil Taylor DT Baylor
31) Steelers - Ben Ijalana OL Villanova
32) Packers - Derek Sherrod OL Miss State

Round Two OF this 2011 Draft

33)Patriots - Bruce Carter LB North Carolina
34) Bills - Cameron Jordon DE Cali
35) Bengals - Cam Heyward DT OSU
36) Broncos - Brandon Harrison CB U of M
37) Browns - Torrey Smith WR Maryland
38) Cardinals - Rahim Moore S UCLA
39) Titans - Stephen Pea DT Oregon State
40) Cowboys - Arron Williams CB Texas
41) Redskins - Jake Locker QB UW
42) Texans - Greg Little WR North Carolina
43) Vikings - Martez Willson OLB Ill
44) Lions - Clint Bolling OL UGA
45) 49ers - Christian Ponder QB FSU
46) Broncos - Ryan Williams RB VT
47) Rams - Quan Sturdivan LB North Carolina
48) Raiders - Marcus Cannon OL TCU
49) Jags - Ahmad Black S Florida
50) Chargers - Titus Young WR Boise State
51) Buccaneers - Colin McCarthy U of M LB
52) Giants - Jurrell Casey USC
53) Colts - Tandon Doss WR Indiana
54) Eagles - Kelvin Sheppard LB LSU
55) Chiefs - John Baldwin WR Pitt
56) Saints - Casey Mathews LB Oregon
57) Seahawks - William Rackley OL Lehigh
58) Ravens - Leonard Hankerson WR U of M
59) Falcons Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian
60) Patriots - Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
61) Chargers - Akeem Dent LB UGA
62) Bears - James Carpenter OL Alabama
63) Steelers - Ras-I-Dowling CB Virgina
64) Packers - Johnny Patrick CB Louisville

vidae
04-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Akeem Ayers is slow and soft. No thanks. Phil Taylor over him in the first. The second round pick is ok, but he's got diva problems, so we'd probably take Hank over him.

fed36
04-08-2011, 02:13 AM
love locker falling to the skins in the second - the value is so good to take him here. I like prince in the first but i do not feel cb is as pressing need as other areas. Would be happy with either Jones, or Quinn in the first

Don Vito
04-08-2011, 02:22 AM
I can't see the Pats picking JJ Watt. He is a talented player but there are questions about how he fits and also with his agent. Orlando Franklin would be a reach for us in the first if you ask me, I do think he could be a pretty good RT for us though. Bruce Carter is not a good pick. He is not a 3-4 OLB even if he is a good blitzer, he is versatile and athletic but not what we need. LeShoure is a pretty good pick at the end of the second.

K Train
04-08-2011, 08:59 AM
thats sooooo sexy for the steelers....realistically i would have dowling in the first and ijalana in the second but either way would be fine with me

thebow305
04-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Mallett works for me.

T-RICH49
04-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Akeem Ayers is slow and soft. No thanks. Phil Taylor over him in the first. The second round pick is ok, but he's got diva problems, so we'd probably take Hank over him.

quoted for truth

wicket
04-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Both saints picks are just shocking, go with cameron jordan in the first and someone like mason foster second

StrikeAnywhere
04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
46) Broncos - Ryan Williams RB VT
*sigh* :(
How much louder do we have to scream before people stop sending running backs to Denver in the 2nd round?

49erNation85
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM
*sigh* :(
How much louder do we have to scream before people stop sending running backs to Denver in the 2nd round?

Well I figured with an extra pick you guys could get a true full down back.Morano is not the answer IMO.Unless he has a break out seasons this year.

Babylon
04-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Seattle

So we pass on Locker for a 27 year old guard, Wow! You have lost me lately with your waffling on players.

49erNation85
04-08-2011, 04:05 PM
that's what FA is for.

Yea but don't even have FA now or will have it before the draft,so better fill a whole now.

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I'd rather have Dowling in the 2nd

StrikeAnywhere
04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Yea but don't even have FA now or will have it before the draft,so better fill a whole now.

Except that it's not a hole. Moreno will do for now, and we have LenDale White under contract as well as a couple of other guys who can fill in the gaps. It's not like the position is rock solid, but it will get us through the season.

Now look at our line. On ends we have Dumerville (solid) and Ayers (who knows) with a couple of bit players as backups. At tackle we have Vickerson and that's it - no starters and one backup. 3 guys on our whole roster to man a 4 man front.

Then we look into our linebackers. We want to kick DJ Williams out to WIL, his natural position, but we have no one on our roster capable of playing MLB, meaning without drafting one he is going to have to sit in the middle again not playing up to his potential while someone else runs around outside not doing as well as DJ could be.

Then we look at our Secondary. We have a senior citizen and some guy no one has ever heard of at safety (granted Dawk's still has some left, but not much). We have a top 20 player of all time at one corner, and we spent 2 picks on CB's last year for the other corner. So if Cox stays out of jail, he can play CB2, if not, I'll take my chances with Syd'Quan at that spot - if we can get some damn help up front so he's not in coverage for 15 seconds a play!

So you tell me, with those gaping holes to fill and the value at those spots still left on your board, can you honestly justify taking a running back to fill "a nice to have", or a TE to help block for a QB who is already playing behind a solid line?

*edit* also:
Well I figured with an extra pick
It's not actually an extra pick. After our pick at the top of the 3rd we don't pick again until New England's spot at the bottom of the 6th. That 2nd isn't a luxury, it's a starter or a key backup that absolutely has to be a hit, because there's no gamble-on-talent-later-in-the-draft picks to make up for it this year if it doesn't pan out.

zachsaints52
04-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I see why about RB for the Saints, because we don't have a non-injury plagued person to tote the rock 20+ times a game, but we have glaring needs in the D's front 7. No DE opposite Will Smith, a run stuffing DT (cant count on Shaun Rogers for 16 games nor a actual full game) and another OLB (if we got Mathews)

Crazy_Chris
04-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I can't see the Cardinals passing on Von Miller, for a guy that isn't a good fit in the 3-4. I think that is a little bit of wishful thinking by a 49er fan wanting Von Miller ;)...

As for the Vikes Aldon Smith is a good pick in the first. But if they don't got QB in round 1, I can't see them passing on Christian Ponder at #43

Matthew Jones
04-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Watt is good, Franklin and Carter are two of the worst picks I've ever seen in a mock draft. Franklin is an inline blocker - we run a zone blocking system. He's also considered to be high maintance, and Wilkerson/Sherrod/Jordan/Heyward are on the board. Carter is a strict 4-3 linebacker and if you really wanted to stretch it (think Elvis never died), he'd be a 3-4 ILB on a team that has two long-term starters in place. I'd go with Watt, Jordan, and Brandon Harris with the top three. Leshoure is decent there.