PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Final Forum Mock Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Shane P. Hallam
04-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Discuss the Mock here!

yodabear
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
I am in like Donkey Kong. My last line of the application so will get me a job. Oh yeah baby!

Hire me for this mock or I will rock your mom's world sexually. Can u say step daddy yoda?

:)

DJC
04-08-2011, 09:50 PM
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/Nowitness41Dirk/DwightFistPump.gif

Bout time! App sent.

MikeTheDudeV2
04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I hope I get in! :)

Ward
04-11-2011, 03:02 AM
I hope I can get Dallas and trade up for Cam Newton.

Hines
04-15-2011, 11:54 AM
A couple of questions:

1) Do we act as if there is no free agents, so all of our impending free agents are on the team?

2) Can we trade players or is it just picks like in real life?

DiG
04-15-2011, 11:57 AM
strip and i gonna work this bad boy. pretty sure that we cannot trade players. also, i think it makes most sense to assume nothing with free agency. i would approach the draft just like real life knowing which players you would attempt to resign and which ones you will let walk. but the uncertainty makes it most realistic.

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2011, 11:58 AM
A couple of questions:

1) Do we act as if there is no free agents, so all of our impending free agents are on the team?

2) Can we trade players or is it just picks like in real life?

This is real life. Act how the teams currently are in terms of free agency and trades.

49erNation85
04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Denver is in the house.Well for the draft any how lol.Lets go boys!!

DiG
04-15-2011, 12:04 PM
ps - have we ever had scott wright as a team gm! this is great. very impressive list of gms for this.

Grizzlegom
04-15-2011, 12:05 PM
ps - have we ever had scott wright as a team gm! this is great.

I was thinking that too, don't ever recall him taking on a team. Good stuff!

Jacksonville's open for business.

49erNation85
04-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Stupac3UK,
co op gm buddy. Send me your cell number or pm so we can get dicussing on how we are gonna draft.I already got the depth chart up.Now we need to get our trad able players if we want to trade any away.

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Appreciate the cell phone numbers coming in!

princefielder28
04-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Appreciate the cell phone numbers coming in!

you still have my number???

Shane P. Hallam
04-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I do! Thank you sir! Also always appreciate you taking another team. If you never NEED to be the Packers, beat me over the head with it :P

Mr.Regular
04-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I appreciate PF taking another team....allowed me to snipe the Pack.

Anyways, GB is open for business. We'll be very active in this mock.

I have an assistant, so wherever you are, if you wanna talk about strategy/big boards, whatever PM me.

CJSchneider
04-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Buffalo is interested in moving down 2-3 spots. If interested PM me.

DiG
04-15-2011, 03:17 PM
gotta run but ill be around throughout the night when i can. pm strip and/or I if you were interested in pick 10.

princefielder28
04-15-2011, 03:22 PM
I will certainly listen to offers for the 4th pick

Scott Wright
04-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Just like the real NFL Draft, everyone wants to trade down but who wants to move up? :o)

RaiderNation
04-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Raiders are wanting to move up... but we have no 1st :(. Sucks we wont be able to do any player trades like in real life, but this still should be fun!

General Zod
04-15-2011, 06:42 PM
The Vikings are willing to entertain offers to get back into the 3rd round.

Caddy
04-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately I can't send you my cell # Shane. I doubt you could text me!

Shane P. Hallam
04-16-2011, 07:22 AM
I bet I could! Anyway, I opened the selection thread. Picks can start! Text me if a trade comes in as I am getting internet installed into my new house today :o

Matthew Jones
04-16-2011, 07:26 AM
I bet I could! Anyway, I opened the selection thread. Picks can start! Text me if a trade comes in as I am getting internet installed into my new house today :o

Shane, can you PM me your cell number in case I work anything out over the course of the draft?

Shane P. Hallam
04-16-2011, 07:28 AM
My cell number is in the Rules Thread.

MikeTheDudeV2
04-16-2011, 09:22 AM

So does this mean I can make my pick right now? Or do I need to wait for the "official" clock to begin on Monday?

Matthew Jones
04-16-2011, 09:28 AM
So does this mean I can make my pick right now? Or do I need to wait for the "official" clock to begin on Monday?

You can pick now - on Monday the time limit for each pick begins.

Hines
04-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Pittsburgh could be interested in moving up or down.

ncst8fan83
04-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I think there is a selection missing in the 7th round. I don't see Chicago anywhere.

marshallb
04-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I think there is a selection missing in the 7th round. I don't see Chicago anywhere.

They used that pick in the supplemental draft on Harvey Unga. Dallas also used their 7th rounder on Joshua Price-Brent in the supplemental draft. Which, should be removed as well.

49erNation85
04-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Denver made the pick with best DT in the draft.Who is gonna be a big run stopper in the AFC.

RaiderNation
04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Let's get this thing going!!!

shylo3716
04-16-2011, 08:05 PM
Let's get this thing going!!!

I 2nd that!!!!! The Top 10 should be picked before Monday if everyone sticks to their plan of who they want, but you know how wanna-be GM's are to milk the process.

fenikz
04-16-2011, 08:15 PM
i better have picked before monday, 5 am clock doesnt sound too great

TACKLE
04-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Boy, we are just flying through this!

shylo3716
04-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Why why why why why do they milk the process. I pick #23 I bet anyone on this forum I will not have my first pick in until Wednesday SMH

Scotty D
04-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Why why why why why do they milk the process. I pick #23 I bet anyone on this forum I will not have my first pick in until Wednesday SMH

I'm pretty sure CJ doesn't know the picks have started. We weren't even suppose to start until Monday. I doubt he's milking it.

jayceheathman
04-16-2011, 08:43 PM

The people at the top want to give other teams a chance at trading up if they want to.

shylo3716
04-16-2011, 09:04 PM
The people at the top want to give other teams a chance at trading up if they want to.

Makes sense, since you put it that way.

Shane P. Hallam
04-16-2011, 11:06 PM
I texted CJ this afternoon. But we usually give more time for trades, and we have time if need be here

Ward
04-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Possible deal with Dallas in the works.

Grizzlegom
04-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Gonna be honest, I did not see that coming. Cincy is the one team in the top ten that I think would be very surprising if they took PP

Matthew Jones
04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Gonna be honest, I did not see that coming. Cincy is the one team in the top ten that I think would be very surprising if they took PP

I guess they were just going with a strict BPA approach. That said, I think their priority should be re-signing Joseph (who has already said he wants to return to Cincinnati) instead of drafting a replacement when they have no security at quarterback and both of their wide receivers appear to be on the way out. Not a bad pick, just a little bit surprising though.

princefielder28
04-17-2011, 09:59 AM
I guess they were just going with a strict BPA approach. That said, I think their priority should be re-signing Joseph (who has already said he wants to return to Cincinnati) instead of drafting a replacement when they have no security at quarterback and both of their wide receivers appear to be on the way out. Not a bad pick, just a little bit surprising though.

I did go with the best player available approach and even though I selected Patrick Peterson I don't think that would necessarily eliminate the Bengals from re-signing Joseph. Peterson could easily be shifted to free safety and provide the defense with three studs in their defensive backfield.

CJSchneider
04-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Sorry for the hold up. I was engaged at a church function for most of Saturday, then tried to trade down Saturday evening. As soon as I saw that wasn't going to happen, I posted the pick, however.

fenikz
04-17-2011, 02:53 PM
5th pick on the block

SeanTaylorRIP
04-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Oakland is listed as the 17th pick.

fenikz
04-17-2011, 03:04 PM
I hate when people ruin drafts so early

MikeTheDudeV2
04-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I hate when people ruin drafts so early

How has the draft been ruined?

fenikz
04-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Cincy would never take a S over a QB or WR

princefielder28
04-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Cincy would never take a S over a QB or WR

Their management is going to stand firm with Carson Palmer and they may not view, and I know I certainly don't, that Blaine Gabbert is worthy of the 4th overall pick. Receiver is a bit more debatable because of the talent of AJ Green but they do have Chad Johnson still on the roster along with Jerome Simpson and Jordan Shipley and they did spend their first round pick last year on a passing catching tight end.

Don't get pissy because I took the best available player and now you don't have any idea on who to take

fenikz
04-17-2011, 03:16 PM
I have no problem with the scenario, just think its very unrealistic unless someone like Dallas moves up for PP at 4

DeepThreat
04-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Their management is going to stand firm with Carson Palmer and they may not view, and I know I certainly don't, that Blaine Gabbert is worthy of the 4th overall pick. Receiver is a bit more debatable because of the talent of AJ Green but they do have Chad Johnson still on the roster along with Jerome Simpson and Jordan Shipley and they did spend their first round pick last year on a passing catching tight end.

Don't get pissy because I took the best available player and now you don't have any idea on who to take

First of all, Marvin Lewis has already said that Carson Palmer is done in Cincinnati. He knows they need a quarterback. Whether they take Gabbert or not, I don't know, but they will get a QB somewhere along the line.

Second of all, Ochocinco is gone. Marvin has been taking shots at him all offseason and everyone knows that he won't be a Bengal for long. And even if by some miracle he is in the Bengals' long term plans, they still need another receiver. Simpson isn't that good and Shipley is nothing more than a slot receiver.

Lastly, PP isn't that much better than AJ, especially if he is playing safety. It takes away all of his press coverage ability and his athletic advantage. He is now just an athletic safety with good size. He's not quite the freak he was at corner.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-17-2011, 03:36 PM
I think Ponder or Dalton will be the Bengals QB. I think even Kaepernick will garner attention from them.

jayceheathman
04-17-2011, 03:41 PM
I guess Cleveland was really worried that AJ wouldnt last one more pick.

fenikz
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I would of selected him had i stayed at 5

jayceheathman
04-17-2011, 03:49 PM

In that case, bravo Cleveland!

General Zod
04-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Thats a solid move. AJ is one of the few players in this draft worth trading up for.

yodabear
04-17-2011, 05:12 PM

On behalf of the NFC West, thank u Cleveland for keeping Green and Fitzgerald off the same team Cleveland. U guys get an A already from us.

footballfan098
04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Anyone interested in moving up to 7?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-17-2011, 05:45 PM
AJ Green would have been a wasted pick until they find a QB. That would be so much money tied into 2 receivers when you have no QB especially when the other receivers on roster aren't horrible. If they aren't going QB might as well go with an OLB as that's their biggest need.

scottyboy
04-17-2011, 07:46 PM
wow, i didnt have interwebs access for a few days, good to see i didn't hold this bad boy up

Shane P. Hallam
04-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Dallas wants to know if anyone wants to trade up. Hit me up via IRC or PM if you do.

Pat Sims 90
04-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't understand the PP to the Bengals it does not make sense. They want to keep Jonathan Joseph and the Bengals hardly ever draft Safeties Marvin Lewis loves veteran safeties. With the Bengals offense in complete shambles they pass on a Franchise QB or #1 WR does not make sense to me.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Come on Ward, you're killing me here! I understand teams wanting to trade around in the draft, but people should be working the PMs and trying to figure out contingency trades way in advance of their pick instead of waiting until they're on the clock and slowing down the draft process.

yodabear
04-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Come on Ward, you're killing me here! I understand teams wanting to trade around in the draft, but people should be working the PMs and trying to figure out contingency trades way in advance of their pick instead of waiting until they're on the clock and slowing down the draft process.

Yeah its annoying man. I've thrown some flyers out, it just doesn't seem like any1 even wants to trade up, everyone wants to trade down.

jayceheathman
04-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah its annoying man. I've thrown some flyers out, it just doesn't seem like any1 even wants to trade up, everyone wants to trade down.

I'm guessing Ward isn't getting any luck either.

Shane P. Hallam
04-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I haven't heard a thing from anyone, let him know, up to him since clock won't start for another 13 hours or so.

yodabear
04-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Guys and all teams, I think there are things u should know about Julio Jones. This guy seems kind of shady man. I mean look at this list I have obtained of all the things Jones has been rumored to a part of....

A prostitution ring.
Drug Smuggling.
17 Children out of wedlock
13 of 17 are confirmed half kitten, half human and 2 are confirmed as half man, half bear.....THATS RIGHT Beastality.
A prostitution ring.

And this is just a short list. I think u should all re-consider drafting him. Think of all these character concerns. Can he succeed in the NFL? It would be a real risk.

jayceheathman
04-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Guys and all teams, I think there are things u should know about Julio Jones. This guy seems kind of shady man. I mean look at this list I have obtained of all the things Jones has been rumored to a part of....

A prostitution ring.
Drug Smuggling.
17 Children out of wedlock
13 of 17 are confirmed half kitten, half human and 2 are confirmed as half man, half bear.....THATS RIGHT Beastality.
A prostitution ring.

And this is just a short list. I think u should all re-consider drafting him. Think of all these character concerns. Can he succeed in the NFL? It would be a real risk.

He wasnt in a prostitution ring because he didnt have to pay for sex. That many girls just wanted a piece of the man-beast.

Ward
04-17-2011, 11:04 PM

I don't feel bad at all that the info I was given got changed. Am I messing that part of the story up? Weren't we told this would start Monday? It's possible that I ****** up that detail, because I don't pay close attention. Anyway, screw you all.

yodabear
04-17-2011, 11:33 PM
I don't feel bad at all that the info I was given got changed. Am I messing that part of the story up? Weren't we told this would start Monday? It's possible that I ****** up that detail, because I don't pay close attention. Anyway, screw you all.

The first screw u all and it comes from the Cowboys............NICE! I love it. Heated exchanges, I love them. I love u Ward.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2011, 11:43 PM

In the Team Announcement/Rules thread Shane posted that the draft would start on the 16th, but it's okay, we still love you Ward.

Saints Dome Patrol
04-18-2011, 02:16 AM

yodapoop, the fact is, there's two reasons [at least in my humble opinion] why we're seeing lack of activity in people wanting to trade up.

First, obviously, in order to move up in the draft, a team would have to trade away selections in the later rounds since we cannot swap players. So, for a team to jump ahead of someone in the first round, the one wanting to move up would have to give up their first rounder (most likely) and one, if not several, draft choices later in the Draft. And I doubt most teams have the ability/means to do so.

Second, I think since there are no true, clear-cut All-Pro players [everyone has at least a small red flag, others have one the size of Barry Bonds' head], many teams are skeptical to move up since there is no real guarantee that their pick will be a great player in the NFL.

Again, it's just my opinion.

Stupac3UK
04-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Like Scott Wright pointed out theres always plenty of teams willing to trade down but never many that actually trade up even if they have toyed with the idea.

With regard to the Bengals ick IMO one of the beauties of the draft is its unpredictability and although there are often strong suggestions as to which player a team will take you can never guarantee it until that card has been revealed by the Commish. I mean this time last year if someone had the Bills taking Spiller or Jags taking Alualu would that have been considered a spoiler?

Looking forward to the Broncos pick in R2, hope there will be a number of our targets left!

Grizzlegom
04-18-2011, 08:02 AM
I was actually trying to move up for Gabbert but SF apparently doesn't know how to check IRC PMs...

Stupac3UK
04-18-2011, 09:03 AM
I was actually trying to move up for Gabbert but SF apparently doesn't know how to check IRC PMs...

In spite of what I said earlier re:trading into Top 10, 7 Could be a potential trading spot for Gabbert next week too especially in the likely scenario that Miller and Petersen are gone. Personally I can't see SF taking Gabbert and think they would jump at the opportunity to get extra ammunition to trade back into R1 or up in R2 for a QB, whilst still having the opportunity to select an impact defensive player in R1.

Not sure Jags would make that move but Redskins might

Shane P. Hallam
04-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Feel free to send me big boards as well

marshallb
04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Vikings are still looking to move down from 12.

marshallb
04-18-2011, 01:23 PM
I'll pick in about 20 minutes unless I get a trade offer.

Shane P. Hallam
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Please try to send cell numbers. For picks like Houston and this pick, I'm pretty sure I know who the team will take but we are just waiting around for it to happen. Can really speed things up!

jayceheathman
04-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Please try to send cell numbers. For picks like Houston and this pick, I'm pretty sure I know who the team will take but we are just waiting around for it to happen. Can really speed things up!

Sorry, wasnt expecting Jones to get past the 10th pick and used awhile thinking if I should take him or go defense.

holt_bruce81
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
98% sure who we're taking I just want to confirm it with Yoda first

Shane P. Hallam
04-18-2011, 03:28 PM
You have 20 minutes. At this pace, we shall not be done before the draft :(

Grizzlegom
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Look at that, 2 picks made within 20 minutes of when they got on the clock!!

Scotty D
04-18-2011, 04:20 PM
98% sure who we're taking I just want to confirm it with Yoda first

You going to play Aldon at LB?

Matthew Jones
04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Alright guys I won't be too long, just give me a little bit of time here.

RaiderNation
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Once again Oakland is possibly looking into trading up into the mid-late 20's. I will be at work from 4Pm to 8:30pm pacific time so best way to contact me is via text(707-365-5554). I will try to keep updated with who is on the board through my iPhone depending on how busy work is for me.

Matthew Jones
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Pick is up!

RaiderNation
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Once again Oakland is possibly looking into trading up into the mid-late 20's. I will be at work from 4Pm to 8:30pm pacific time so best way to contact me is via text(707-365-5554). I will try to keep updated with who is on the board through my iPhone depending on how busy work is for me.

Thinking about it now, it would be really hard for me to trade up that far from 48. So I could potentially look for a trade up into the 30-40's if any team is interested.

fenikz
04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Cardinals looking to trade up into the late teens/early 20s

jayceheathman
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Now teams are willing to trade up. haha

Saints Dome Patrol
04-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Now teams are willing to trade up. haha

Of course. Now, all the teams are looking to move up. But no one will be willing to trade with them!

holt_bruce81
04-18-2011, 06:41 PM
You going to play Aldon at LB?

Heck no. He'll be our RDE

Grizzlegom
04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow, I feel like an idiot now. Didn't even realize Da'Quan was still on the board when I picked...Easily the steal of the draft thus far.

Caddy
04-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Great pick Diab. Almost nabbed him myself but decided to play it safe.

jayceheathman
04-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Wow, I feel like an idiot now. Didn't even realize Da'Quan was still on the board when I picked...Easily the steal of the draft thus far.

The second I saw a trade I knew who would be picked. I was hoping he would fall just a couple more picks and then I was going to try and trade up. It would cost too much to get back into round one at that pick.

Matthew Jones
04-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Come on Eagles!

Saints Dome Patrol
04-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Great pick Diab. Almost nabbed him myself but decided to play it safe.

edit: Speaking for diabsoule, and as co-general manager as well, I appreciate the compliment.

jayceheathman
04-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Interesting selection taking Taylor in the first round.

jayceheathman
04-18-2011, 08:53 PM
I guess Indy wasnt too concerned with this picture.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/the-guy-who-terrorized-my-LSU-Tigers.-Auburns-Nick-Fairley.jpeg

yodabear
04-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Sorry I wasn't around for my pick. I got called into do a project. Smith was in fact the guy on top of both mine and HoltB's list. In the first, we wanted a WR to fall, it didn't, so our second choice was getting someone to help on the D-Line so thats what we did.

Scott Wright
04-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Interesting selection taking Taylor in the first round.

REACH! :o)

Scott Wright
04-18-2011, 08:59 PM

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/the-guy-who-terrorized-my-LSU-Tigers.-Auburns-Nick-Fairley.jpeg

OH! It's the kiss of death! :o)

Shane P. Hallam
04-18-2011, 09:14 PM

Could be worse:

http://cache.deadspin.com/images/2006/05/mauricedrewsleeping.jpg

jayceheathman
04-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Could be worse:

http://cache.deadspin.com/images/2006/05/mauricedrewsleeping.jpg

haha Brought back memories.

Matthew Jones
04-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Had to sprint to the podium for that one - dodged a couple bullets there!

Matthew Jones
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Ryan Mallett is still in the green room. Can someone select this guy already?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/RPMcMurphy_01/mallett.png

Scott Wright
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
I'll put a standing offer of a 2nd Rounder (#59) and a 3rd Rounder (#73) to move up into the early part of Round 2. The offer is good as long as my guy is available.

Just PM me if you are interested.

scottyboy
04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Giants looking to trade up, hit me up.

Hines
04-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Steelers might be looking to move up in the second round.

49erNation85
04-18-2011, 10:23 PM

I think the 49ers should take him at 45 if he is still there.Would be a steel.Once their o line gets in beast mode its going to be tough to get pass the young o line.

Hines
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Atlanta must REALLY like someone to trade that much.

Scott Wright
04-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Atlanta must REALLY like someone to trade that much.

It was pretty much the correct value by the chart.

Basically I moved down five spots in the first round to move up seventeen spots in the second.

Mr.Regular
04-18-2011, 11:38 PM
#32 is being shopped.

Packers actively looking to move down. Willing to listen to any offers!

EDIT: Want to jump Atlanta?! If you want who they're targeting (Kyle Rudolph? Adrian Clayborn?) we'll listen. They're antsy to get to the podium!

(Sorry Scott!)

Scott Wright
04-18-2011, 11:53 PM
#32 is being shopped.

Packers actively looking to move down. Willing to listen to any offers!

EDIT: Want to jump Atlanta?! If you want who they're targeting (Kyle Rudolph? Adrian Clayborn?) we'll listen. They're antsy to get to the podium!

(Sorry Scott!)

I'd be worries if I wanted either of those guys.

Remember, I already passed on them once! :o)

49erNation85
04-19-2011, 02:09 AM
Denver might be looking trade our first second round pick ..Pick 4 down to some where in mid 20's or more picks in round 3.Send some offers my in pm.

CJSchneider
04-19-2011, 07:51 AM
The Bills and the Jets have submitted a trade request to the commish for pick 30. I'll be here to post that pick as soon as the trade is approved.

Shane P. Hallam
04-19-2011, 08:03 AM
You can pick CJ

Hines
04-19-2011, 08:14 AM
My pick is a surprise. haha.

Grizzlegom
04-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Jacksonville interested in moving up.

CJSchneider
04-19-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm expecting some Mel Kieper Jr. analysis as soon as the first round ends.

Have some pumpkin pie, Mel.

TACKLE
04-19-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm expecting some Mel Kieper Jr. analysis as soon as the first round ends.

Have some pumpkin pie, Mel.

The real Mel Kiper isn't around though. Just some poser.

JBond you should see if your bud Mel Kiper would be willing to come on and do some forum mock analysis again. That'd be swell.

Mr.Regular
04-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Packers have decided to keep their pick. We were not expecting our guy getting past Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

shylo3716
04-19-2011, 09:26 AM

CLASSIC! I wish I could put this on my wall at home. F*ck digital, this is a Kodak moment.

phlysac
04-19-2011, 10:14 AM

I haven't yet been on IRC this draft.

I deeply apologize.

PLEASE!!! any 49ers related questions feel free to text 814-688-9206

Just be clear to state who you are so I know who to respond to.

Grizzlegom
04-19-2011, 10:18 AM
I haven't yet been on IRC this draft.

I deeply apologize.

PLEASE!!! any 49ers related questions feel free to text 814-688-9206

Just be clear to state who you are so I know who to respond to.

Its all good, no big deal. No guarantee we could have worked out a deal anyway

Hines
04-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Hahahaha, the Packers read my mind. Good play, sir.

RaiderNation
04-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Damn Scott is doing work with the Falcons right now. Added 2 prospects that can be impact guys from the get go and still have picks later in the draft. They are getting a A from me so far

phlysac
04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Both 49ers GMs are having computer issues and are doing their best to manage.

Please direct any time sensitive conversation regarding the 49ers picks to 814-688-9206.

Shane/others.... If someone mentions not being able to reach the 49ers on IRC please direct them to this post.

Thanks guys. I promise to stay as active as humanly possible while away from my PC.

Scott Wright
04-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Damn Scott is doing work with the Falcons right now. Added 2 prospects that can be impact guys from the get go and still have picks later in the draft. They are getting a A from me so far

Ha, thank you sir.

I am extremely happy with Clayborn and Rudolph, plus I still have a third rounder.

I am done dealing for a while now. :o)

Scott

scottyboy
04-19-2011, 11:12 AM
Again, giants are expressing interest in moving up in the 2nd round

49erNation85
04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Sorry the Broncos took so long guys.We was trying to make a trade but only got one offer up so we just made the bpa pick.Next up on the clock.

With regards to the trade we might be willing to trade our second second round depending on who is BPA for us we will let the GM's know.But for no trades for Denver.Thanks for the offer teams who sent us some.

RaiderNation
04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Anybody contact the Browns GM?

ncst8fan83
04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Remind me again why I sent my phone number if I am not going to get a text when my pick is up? Ugh...

Hines
04-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Steelers interested in trading up still.

Shane P. Hallam
04-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Remind me again why I sent my phone number if I am not going to get a text when my pick is up? Ugh...

I did text you. It was delivered at 5:49 PM EST.

I texted DeepThreat.

ncst8fan83
04-19-2011, 12:55 PM
I did text you. It was delivered at 5:49 PM EST.

I texted DeepThreat.

I got no such text. Oh well. Had something come up yesterday that was a bit more important than a fantasy draft but I should be available from here on out.

DeepThreat
04-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I didn't get Shane's text until about 5 minutes ago either.

Cicero
04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Baldwin was who I had in mind when I traded down originally and I doubt I could have moved down any farther without missing out on him.

RaiderNation
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Was there a trade?

Matthew Jones
04-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Was there a trade?

I'm assuming so, UTPats was on here a while back when he was OTC and I'm assuming he made a trade that was never posted. Maybe the value of the trade was so close that they didn't feel like they needed to wait for confirmation?

Matthew Jones
04-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Just made a trade with Washington and posted the pick while awaiting confirmation because of how close the trade values were. My cell phone is dead and I'm at school so I didn't want to have to hold up the draft while waiting for Shane to sign on. Here are the terms of the trade:

New England trades:

59 (310) + 73 (225) = 535

Washington trades:

41 (490) + 5.13 (35.5) + 7.10 (10.6) = 536.1

Shane P. Hallam
04-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Hopefully this was managed well enough away from the CPU.

scottyboy
04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
ok, srsly someone trade with me so i can move up

Shane P. Hallam
04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah, Deep's text took a bit cause my classroom sucks.

ncst8's did go through at the time I said it did.

marshallb
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Vikings are here, working on a deal.

marshallb
04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Pick will be up shortly.

Grizzlegom
04-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Here, lemme check the board and I'll make a pick.

scottyboy
04-19-2011, 07:07 PM
it'd be swell if we could go on a little run here, i'm at my computer pretending to do my research paper so if i don't make the pick in like 5-10 minutes or acknowledge i'm up, feel free to text me 732 882 8426

Matthew Jones
04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
Patriots are listening to trade offers for the #60 overall pick! PM me if interested.

Caddy
04-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Buccaneers are contemplating a trade back. Let me know if you are keen. We pick next.

ncst8fan83
04-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Willing to listen to offers for #61 as well as both 3rd round picks.

Docta
04-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Looking to move up in the 2nd round. Interested in picks 51-56.

scottyboy
04-19-2011, 08:33 PM
well that took forever dammit!
and i'm making my pick, but looking to package my 3rd, 4th and later picks for another 2nd so make me offers!

Hines
04-19-2011, 08:52 PM
ROP, you are not my friend anymore!!!

holt_bruce81
04-19-2011, 10:28 PM
love the Austin pick.

princefielder28
04-19-2011, 10:57 PM
I would love to move up a few spots from my third round pick

edit :: i'll take my chances my guy is there at 66

Mr.Regular
04-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Packers want to move up to bucs pick. I'm on my phone now but ill be able to send an offer when I'm home in a few minutes

Caddy
04-20-2011, 12:39 AM
I responded Regular!

Stupac3UK
04-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Broncos open to trade offers for the Pick 67 at start of R3. Please PM if interested

scottyboy
04-20-2011, 09:01 AM
trade talks are being made for this pick so bear with us folks

Hines
04-20-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm working on a few trades for this pick. Hang tight. I know the clock doesn't start for another 2 hours, and I will try not to drag it out, but I am looking to trade down if possible.

footballfan098
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
It's a bit early but are any teams in the back end of the 3rd willing to move out? Let me know.

I'm the Niners BTW.

CJSchneider
04-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Trade request for current pick has been submitted and the Bills are awaiting approval from the league commish.

zachsaints52
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Miller, Solder, and Dalton? Good draft for Bills so far.

49erNation85
04-20-2011, 11:20 AM
HA I hate it when our pick is the last of the night or am and everyone is waiting lol.Darn early mooring pick.Any who Denver made their pick.Now the long wait until round 6.

Hines
04-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Steelers interested in trading up in the 3rd.

scottyboy
04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
really? ******* browns. ugh

RaiderNation
04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Raiders are looking to trade up from 81. Pm me or text me (707-365-5554) if your looking to move down a few spots

bored of education
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Greg Little under Todd haley and Dwayne Bowe's tutelage could be beastly!

yodabear
04-20-2011, 06:45 PM
I is here pick up in seconds.

RaiderNation
04-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Tried trading up for both Mallett and Gilbert and failed both times, but at the end they both fell to my picks :)

Hines
04-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Way to snipe me, Fenikz.

Scott Wright
04-21-2011, 04:20 AM
#94 is for sale!

I am ready to deal fast and willing to take less than the trade chart.

PM me if you're interested!

princefielder28
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Scott and I got a trade done....

Bengals receive :: 94th pick
Falcons receive :: 101st pick + 167th pick

value matches up almost perfectly and since we're at the bottom of round three I'm guessing there's not going to be an objection to this deal

TACKLE
04-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Please text me when I'm up. Thanks

Grizzlegom
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
good to see we're keeping up with the time limits...

MikeTheDudeV2
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah. Where is the Packers guy?

DiG
04-21-2011, 02:11 PM
jbonds on his way home. pick will be up shortly

Shane P. Hallam
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
good to see we're keeping up with the time limits...

Read the rules concerning my status and what may happen due to that.

Panthers OTC.

Hines
04-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Boling has already been taken.

CJSchneider
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm ready with Buffalo as soon as Seattle posts.

holt_bruce81
04-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Damn, Taiwan was #1 on the Rams board. Poop on you

Hines
04-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I had a tough choice between McMurray and Jones. Very tough choice.

CJSchneider
04-21-2011, 03:13 PM
I let Cicero know he was up.

Mr.Regular
04-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Sorry the Packers pick took so long guys, I was away and Shane couldn't text me until later.

CJSchneider
04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Atlanta is up btw.

jayceheathman
04-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I saw Davon House driving around town on his scooter yesterday. Wont be long until he can afford something much, much better.

Cicero
04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I saw Davon House driving around town on his scooter yesterday. Wont be long until he can afford something much, much better.

He didn't get the Terrelle Pryor booster treatment huh?

jayceheathman
04-21-2011, 05:48 PM
He didn't get the Terrelle Pryor booster treatment huh?

haha Definitely not. NMSU's booster doesnt even have enough money to feed the players before game day. They started asking for donations.

RaiderNation
04-21-2011, 06:08 PM
IDK when the trade will be posted, but me and Seattle agreed to a trade...

#103 for #113 & #181

49erNation85
04-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I lover the Tyrod and Vick combo for the Eagles.What will happen to Kolb.I wonder.

fenikz
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
cough AZ future conditional 2nd

Grizzlegom
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Jacksonville interested in moving down from 114 or 121. Hit me up if you think you'll have interest.

marshallb
04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Vikings are here whenever Houston picks or is picked for.

WMD
04-21-2011, 07:56 PM
and the Lions are here after that..

General Zod
04-21-2011, 08:39 PM
So clear this up for me, we can get together as a group in irc and select picks for teams that go over time? Im not being sarcastic or anything, just asking a question.

Caddy
04-21-2011, 08:44 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if you miss your pick by over an hour you don't even deserve a player picked for you. You should just be skipped.

Matthew Jones
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
So clear this up for me, we can get together as a group in irc and select picks for teams that go over time? Im not being sarcastic or anything, just asking a question.

We pretty much all agreed that it was a good value/need, and since we had an admin in there give it the okay, we figured it was worth doing. Teams who don't want something like that to happen shouldn't no-show their pick.

WMD
04-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Usually not but he was 1 hour over his clock and the next few picks are around.. and it's been a rather slow day, we had to get it moving.

Ward
04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if you miss your pick by over an hour you don't even deserve a player picked for you. You should just be skipped.

Co-sign on this. We tried contacting Jbond with no luck, but the reality is that if Houston took Carter with that pick I'd call it a good pick. A+ really.

General Zod
04-21-2011, 08:55 PM

I agree with this as well.

shylo3716
04-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Shame on you all! You should have gave him Will Hill, he is a "high character guy"

Matthew Jones
04-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Shame on you all! You should have gave him Will Hill, he is a "high character guy"

Emphasis on high.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Skins so far Brooks Reed, Christian Ballard, Rodney Hudson, and Chykie Brown. Good coup considering we had no 3rd or 4th rounders to begin with and we still have another 4th rounder coming up.

Shane P. Hallam
04-21-2011, 11:43 PM
My apologies to everyone for today. My Mom has been in and out of the hospital after having brain surgery and I was pulled away all day today and my phone ended up dying. I checked in once for a brief moment, but I apologize for slowing it down.

Matthew Jones
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM
My apologies to everyone for today. My Mom has been in and out of the hospital after having brain surgery and I was pulled away all day today and my phone ended up dying. I checked in once for a brief moment, but I apologize for slowing it down.

Don't worry about it at all, that's much more important. Everything was under control. Hopefully you mom is okay.

Caddy
04-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Yeah Shane I think everyone understands. Real life is more important than fantasy drafts.

jayceheathman
04-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Sorry about missing the pick. My parents decided to have a surprise visit with it being a long weekend, and wanted me to pick them up at the airport over an hour away. Then they wanted me to take them around town and go out to eat afterwards. I was in a hurry to leave and didnt even think about getting on and sending a BB. I dont mind the Carter selection. He was one of the 3 I was thinking of picking anyways.

D-Unit
04-22-2011, 12:45 AM
Jeez man, don't even apologize for that. Hope everything goes well.

diabsoule
04-22-2011, 12:52 AM
I love the Jalil Brown pick by the Lions. Absolutely love it.

Ward
04-22-2011, 02:45 AM
Sorry, i thought i had texted my pick. Someone texted me hours ago telling me i was OTC. I replied back w/ Shareece then. Didn't reailze that message never got passed on. Sorry.

Matthew Jones
04-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Some really nice picks in the last few.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-22-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm here most of the day after 1 and the Skins only have 1 pick in the next few rounds and we know the guy(s) we want so if you guys want to pm me a big board or whatever you can do that as well.

General Zod
04-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Some really nice picks in the last few.

Yeah looks like we got a little run on DBs going.

Shane P. Hallam
04-22-2011, 09:14 AM
No problem. I should be good to go today, more via text, but I'll have my laptop handy and be checking in for sure.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-22-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm so happy getting Chykie in the 4th round. There are definitely some "safer" picks but in terms of potential and physical tools Chykie is well worth the risk. In my personal rankings I have him right behind Davon House. BTW obvoiusly a typo but i fixed it, K.J. Wright said Auburn.

zachsaints52
04-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Sent my BB to Shane, STRIP, and Scott for my 3 4ths

DiG
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm so happy getting Chykie in the 4th round. There are definitely some "safer" picks but in terms of potential and physical tools Chykie is well worth the risk. In my personal rankings I have him right behind Davon House.

skins straight owning this draft. love what weve done. probably wont be nearly as happy in real life but well see.

scottyboy
04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Looking to move down from my pick. I'm the gmen obvi

CJSchneider
04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I thought you were a "C"-men fan. ;)

bored of education
04-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Some awfully awesome players available

shylo3716
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Please txt me when Philly is OTC 757-447-1459

Grizzlegom
04-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Jags traded this pick to Minny...waiting for approval and such

SeanTaylorRIP
04-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Jags traded this pick to Minny...waiting for approval and such

you don't need approval anymore jbond said, just pm me the trade and i'll post it.

SuperMcGee
04-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't mind the job that CJ is doing, and I don't particularly dislike Andy Dalton. But I don't know of any Bills fan who wants to hear the words "In the 3rd round, the Buffalo Bills select quarterback..."

It's not the worst thing, though I don't like losing a pick for it, but the mindset has been "franchise QB or nothing" for a while now. I don't see Dalton as that.

footballfan098
04-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Anyone want to move up to the Niners pick?

marshallb
04-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Pick will be up in a minute.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
nice pick man, Romeus is a good risk at this point. Niners OTC.

marshallb
04-22-2011, 01:16 PM
nice pick man, Romeus is a good risk at this point. Niners OTC.

Thanks. He's definitely well worth the risk in the mid 4th. Coming into the year, he was talked about as a mid first rounder, and he still has that talent. I was worried that Seattle was going to take him right before this pick.

footballfan098
04-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Let me just say I hate NE and SEA equally right now.

CJSchneider
04-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Daniel Thomas is a nice pick.

General Zod
04-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks. He's definitely well worth the risk in the mid 4th. Coming into the year, he was talked about as a mid first rounder, and he still has that talent. I was worried that Seattle was going to take him right before this pick.

This happened with our last pick. lol

TACKLE
04-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Ravens looking to move up. I have a very early 5th, mid 6th and a mid 7th and will also look at future considerations. Let me know if you might be interested in acquiring more picks.

WMD
04-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I love the Jalil Brown pick by the Lions. Absolutely love it.

You'll love our boners even more!

Docta
04-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Ravens looking to move up. I have a very early 5th, mid 6th and a mid 7th and will also look at future considerations. Let me know if you might be interested in acquiring more picks.
Sent you a trade offer.

Grizzlegom
04-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Heading home from work. Sent a big board in case the Colts pick before I get home.

Hines
04-22-2011, 04:17 PM
IIRC, Pinkston was taken already.

Matthew Jones
04-22-2011, 04:19 PM

I feel like he was as well.

Docta
04-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Shane picked him for Indy, but it turned out that the GM was actually online, so he changed it.

scottyboy
04-22-2011, 04:20 PM
i'm looking to package my 6th and 7th and future considerations for a 5th rounder. so uhm...yea!

SeanTaylorRIP
04-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Last 8 picks in under an hour! BB's people!

Hines
04-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Is Chicago ready to pick? I have my pick ready and I am leaving soon.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
Is Chicago ready to pick? I have my pick ready and I am leaving soon.

you can pm me your top 2 if you want, Chicago is maybe working a trade.

Hines
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
you can pm me your top 2 if you want, Chicago is maybe working a trade.

I won't send a BB untill I leave, so maybe this gets done quickly.

WMD
04-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Boooooo Jags. Colin was gonna be ours, dag nabbit.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
gotta leave work soon, will probably be back on later tonight.

Scott Wright
04-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Wow, there were at least 3 or 4 guys who were taken a couple rounds too early in Round 4.