PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Meriweather

jjmcquade
03-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I know people have their sights set on Chris Houston from Ark. The Cowboys should go after Meriweather in the first round. Jarvis Moss would be a good pick, however, the teams that pick before the cowboys have a hard on for this guy. So here comes Brandon Meriweather. This guy can play both the safety postion and cornerback position. He would be a guy to groom under Glenn and Roy Williams.

Assuming we get Hamlin, we can have Meriweather for depth. Watkins and Meriweather can be backups. While Roy Williams, Hamlin, Newman, and Glenn start.

BX
03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
If we get Hamlin, I doubt we draft a backup in the first round. We already have a guy we want to groom in Watkins (a guy I believe can still be a solid contributer). The pick would be better spent on a guy like Moss or traded down to gather more picks.

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Merriweather is a girls name.

mtmock
03-22-2007, 06:45 PM
meriweather is a good player...compared to ed reed...a real cover guy...he has a tude problem, but i think we can overcome that if he is the choice....i would really like dwayne jarrett and chances are he is there even if we trade down a few spots...especially if we sign hamlin

D-Unit
03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
meriweather is a good player...compared to ed reed...a real cover guy...he has a tude problem, but i think we can overcome that if he is the choice....i would really like dwayne jarrett and chances are he is there even if we trade down a few spots...especially if we sign hamlin
There is simply no way to compare Meriweather to Reed. Please. Just stop.

On DJ... YAY! :D

thule
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Toonster reported that the background checks coming back from Meriweather are looking good...which is only helping his stock. I wouldn't like the pick personally but I guess I could live with it. Would be a reach at 22 imo.

Modano
03-23-2007, 01:47 AM
I woul prefer Griffin over him...