PDA

View Full Version : Whipping my mock out on Sunday morning...

princefielder28
04-10-2011, 09:04 AM
1. Carolina :: Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver :: Marcell Dareus, DL, Alabama
3. Buffalo :: Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
4. Cincinnati :: AJ Green, WR, Georgia
5. Arizona :: Patrick Peterson, CB, Louisiana State
6. Cleveland :: Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
7. San Francisco :: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
8. Tennessee :: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
9. Dallas :: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina
10. Washington :: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
11. Houston :: Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
12. Minnesota :: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
13. Detroit :: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
14. St. Louis :: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
15. Miami :: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
16. Jacksonville :: JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
17. New England (f/OAK) :: Cameron Jordan, DE, California
18. San Diego :: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
19. New York Giants :: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
20. Tampa Bay :: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
21. Kansas City :: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
22. Indianapolis :: Corey Luiget, DT, Illinois
23. Philadelphia :: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
24. New Orleans :: Justin Houston, DE/OLB, Georgia
25. Seattle :: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
26. Baltimore :: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami(FL)
27. Atlanta :: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
28. New England :: Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
29. Chicago :: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
30. New York Jets :: Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple
31. Pittsburgh :: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
32. Green Bay :: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State

Matthew Jones
04-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Cameron Jordan is a good pick. I'd personally hope for Kerrigan there but the Patriots seem to be a little wary of drafting 4-3 ends and converting them to 3-4 linebacker early on in the draft because it's such a different position to play. On that note, I don't think the Patriots are going to draft Brooks Reed. He looks stiff and isn't very instinctive. Keep in mind that the Patriots run a very physical two-gap 3-4 where all of the members of the front seven are asked to be able to stack and shed in order for the defense to function, and one of the biggest concerns with Reed is his ability to shed blocks. He might be picked in that range and play a position that the Patriots need, but that doesn't make him the right man for the job. The Patriots have never drafted for need and will almost always take the top guy on their board. Look at the way they passed on Odrick/Kindle last year for Devin McCourty even though they had signed Leigh Bodden to a new deal and had Butler as a 2009 second-round pick. At that point I think they'd be looking at one of the four guys you have going after him. My personal guess would be either Wilkerson or Watkins. Kerrigan/Wilkerson would be perfect but if I was predicting I'd guess either Jordan or Ingram at #17 and then Wilkerson or Watkins at #28.

Jakey
04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Pittsburgh = Blurgh :(

Sherrod or Cannon would be much better oline picks.

The_Dude
04-10-2011, 10:05 AM
if one of the top QBs doesn't fall, i guess that i'd prefer Julio to Tyron. But honestly, i could be happy with a number of different players at 12.

Heisman
04-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Tyron Smith is a solid pick.

princefielder28
04-10-2011, 10:30 AM
if one of the top QBs doesn't fall, i guess that i'd prefer Julio to Tyron. But honestly, i could be happy with a number of different players at 12.

Tyron Smith is a solid pick.

I feel if the top offensive tackle drops to Minnesota, it's gonna be tough for them to pass on him given their current situation. McKinnie makes a **** ton of money and after last season it was re-affirmed that he can't protect the backside of any quarterback moving forward. On the other side Loadholt is a huge human being but he's also a massive disaster in terms of his play and should realy be no more than a backup, developmental player at this point in his career. If Smith gets drafted they can place him at left tackle, slide over McKinnie to the right side and then throw Loadholt on the bench.

princefielder28
04-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Pittsburgh = Blurgh :(

Sherrod or Cannon would be much better oline picks.

It came down to Watkins and Sherrod and really if it plays out similar to this I think it'd be a coin toss, just depends on what the Steelers view as a more immediate need and how the holes might be filled outside the draft.

Pat Sims 90
04-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I like AJ Green but i don't think the Bengals would pass on Gabbert at 4.

49erNation85
04-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Another solid SF pick.

princefielder28
04-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I like AJ Green but i don't think the Bengals would pass on Gabbert at 4.

wouldn't selecting Gabbert be gving into Carson Palmer's demands then? I think Brown is prone to be stubborn and take the player who's the best available when their pick comes around, rather than reaching on a quarterback to guarantee they'll have someone with expectations at the position on the roster for 2011.

T-RICH49
04-10-2011, 12:01 PM
ughhhh.we need a NT, WR, or OLB way worse then a OT.Phil Taylor or Justin Houson would be far better picks

princefielder28
04-10-2011, 12:11 PM
ughhhh.we need a NT, WR, or OLB way worse then a OT.Phil Taylor or Justin Houson would be far better picks

I see the Chiefs has one of the many teams who will try to move down and hook one of teams looking to trade up and grab a quarterback into doing a deal and then the move down will allow them better value to satisfy their needs. I like Taylor at 21 but I'm not sure how realistic of an option he really is. Jon Baldwin, Torrey Smith and Titus Young all become legit options if the Chiefs move down but not a chance if they stay put at 21. Houston is a real possibility but given the options later on as rush backers and the difference between the talent at tackle compared to OLB, the idea of solidfying the offensive line with someone the caliber of a Gabe Carimi will be too good to pass up; it goes from being a need, to a spot that's good-to-go for the next decade.

akvikefan89
04-10-2011, 02:54 PM
OT isn't our biggest need, but I really like Tyron Smith so I would be okay with it.

GatorsBullsFan
04-10-2011, 04:32 PM
JJ Watt or Cameron Jordan...either one work

Seasonticketholder
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I think the Saints would take Muhammad Wilkerson over Justin Houston.

drd23
04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Brandon Harris wont be a Raven next year. He is basically Josh Wilson (who is very likely to be re-signed once a CBA is worked out).

Wilkerson would be a much better pick

thebow305
04-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Ewwww Pouncey.... Put the mock back in it's cage. ;)