PDA

View Full Version : Bradysknee 2 Round Draft Orgy 4/10

BradysKnee
04-10-2011, 11:16 AM
1) Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB
2) Denver Broncos - Marcel Dareus, DT
--TRADE Buffalo trades #3 to Arizona for #5+ Arizona 2nd. Arizona receives #3.+ BUF 4th--
3) Arizona Cardinals - Blaine Gabbert, QB
4) Cincinatti Bengals - AJ Green, WR
5) Buffalo Bills - Von Miller, LB
6) Cleveland Browns - Robert Quinn, DL
7) San Francisco 49ers - Patrick Peterson, CB
8) Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley, DT
9) Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT
--TRADE Washington trades #10 to St Louis for #14+STL 3rd. St Louis receives #10--
10) St Louis Rams - Julio Jones, WR
11) Houston Texans - Aldon Smith, DE/LB
--TRADE Minnesota trades #12 to New England for #17+#60 New England receives #12--
12) New England Patriots - Prince Amukamara, CB
13) Detroit Lions - Anthony Castanzo, OT
14) Washington Redskins - Cam Jordan, DE
15) Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey, G
16) Jacksonville Jaguars - Da'quan Bowers, DE
17) Minnesota Vikings - Jake Locker, QB
18) San Diego Chargers - JJ Watt, DE
--TRADE New York trades #19 to Greenbay for #32+#64. Greenbay receives #19.--
19) Greenbay Packers - Ryan Kerrigan, DE/LB
20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Adrian Clayborn, DE
21) Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor, DT
22) Indianapolis Colts - Gabe Carimi, OT
23) Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB
24) New Orleans Saints - Cam Heyward, DL
25) Seattle Seahawks - Corey Liuget, DL
26) Baltimore Ravens - Brandon Harris, CB
27) Atlanta Falcons - Justin Houston, LB
--TRADE New England trades #28 to Buffalo for #34+BUF 3rd. Buffalo receives #28.--
28) Buffalo Bills - Colin Kaepernick, QB
29) Chicago Bears - Stephen Paea, DT
30) New York Jets - Muhammed Wilkerson, DE
31) Pittsburgh Steelers - Aaron Williams, CB/S
32) New York Giants - Akeem Ayers, LB

--TRADE New England trades #33 to Tennessee for #39+TEN 3rd. Tennessee receives #33+NE 4th.--
33) Tennessee Titans - Ryan Mallet, QB
34) New England Patriots (fr BUF) - Nate Solder, OT
35) Cincinnati Bengals - Christian Ponder, QB
36) Denver Broncos - Kyle Rudolph, TE
37) Cleveland Browns - Jon Baldwin, WR
38) Buffalo Bills - Derrek Sherrod, OT
39) New England Patriots - Mikel Lashoure, RB
40) Dallas Cowboys - Ras-I Dowling, CB
41) Washington Redskins - Mark Ingram, RB
42) Houston Texans - Allen Bailey, DE
43) Minnesota Vikings - Rahim Moore, S
44) Detroit Lions - Torrey Smith, WR
45) San Francisco 49ers - Andy Dalton, QB
46) Denver Broncos - Marvin Austin, DT
47) St. Louis Rams - Danny Watkins, G/C
48) Oakland Raiders - Brandon Burton, CB
49) Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Hankerson, WR
50) San Diego Chargers - Brooks Reed, LB
51) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Titus Young, WR
52) New York Giants - James Carpenter, G/T
53) Indianapolis Colts - Christian Ballard, DT
54) Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus Gilbert, G/T
55) Kansas City Chiefs - Jerrel Jerrigan, WR
56) New Orleans Saints - Bruce Carter, LB
57) Seattle Seahawks - Ryan Williams, RB
58) Baltimore Ravens - Ben Ijalana, OT
59) Atlanta Falcons - Sam Acho, DE
60) Minnesota Vikings (fr NE) - Orlando Franklin, OT
61) San Diego Chargers - Daniel Thomas, RB
62) Chicago Bears - Rodney Hudson, G
63) Pittsburgh Steelers - Marcus Cannon, G
64) New York Giants - Kendall Hunter, RB

StrikeAnywhere
04-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Rudolph to the Broncos in the 2nd is, has been, and always will be a terrible pick. It doesn't matter how many times it's posted, we all still hate it.

Pat Sims 90
04-10-2011, 11:25 AM
AJ Green is fine in the 1st

Bengals will have to upgrade their OL if they take Ponder.

BaLLiN
04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Recheck that Value for the Giants-Packers trade, then think about the rookie salary restrictions because that would add a little more value, then think about how Ryan Kerrigan's own value. Trading up 13 spaces, getting a player that fills your biggest need perfectly, especially with paying him less for not being in top 10 and the new rookie salary restrictions adds a ton of value.

Other than that, it doesn't make sense for the Giants to trade out of that when there are still a few players on board they would want to take, especially when they only have a few roster spots to fill.

1. Akeem Ayers
-ok pick
2. James Carpenter
-what the eff?
2b. Kendall Hunter
-ehh pick

BradysKnee
04-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Recheck that Value for the Giants-Packers trade, then think about the rookie salary restrictions because that would add a little more value, then think about how Ryan Kerrigan's own value. Trading up 13 spaces, getting a player that fills your biggest need perfectly, especially with paying him less for not being in top 10 and the new rookie salary restrictions adds a ton of value.

Other than that, it doesn't make sense for the Giants to trade out of that when there are still a few players on board they would want to take, especially when they only have a few roster spots to fill.

1. Akeem Ayers
-ok pick
2. James Carpenter
-what the eff?
2b. Kendall Hunter
-ehh pick

Who'd you have taken at their original spot?

princefielder28
04-10-2011, 12:01 PM
the trade up for Green Bay makes no sense...Kerrigan has kept himself more prepared to be taken by a 4-3 team and playing end instead of being experimented as a backer in 3-4 so it makes the fit a less than ideal one for both sides...Kerrigan is also similar in many ways to Aaron Kampman and the Packers already know first hand how that change to standing up and playing backer hurts the abilities of the player...if anything I could see the Packers trying to trade the pick, maybe for a future first given the lack of top quality depth in this draft and getting a team to bite and get back into the first might be too ood for them to pass up

T-RICH49
04-10-2011, 12:03 PM
solid KC draft

jCut
04-10-2011, 12:15 PM
You must think Denver fans are pretty stupid. It seems our criticism goes through one ear and out the other.

fed36
04-10-2011, 12:28 PM
not bad skins mock - love getting ingram in the second round....kerrigan in the first would make it sweeter

Heisman
04-10-2011, 12:55 PM
AMAZING vikings mock. I would prefer Wisniewski to Franklin in the 2nd round, but nothing to complain about here.

BradysKnee
04-10-2011, 12:57 PM
You must think Denver fans are pretty stupid. It seems our criticism goes through one ear and out the other.

No I just believe that Rudolph is 1st round value, and Denver would take him. Cinci fans screamed their team wouldn't take Gresham, and we all know how that turned out.

Pitt
04-10-2011, 01:02 PM
31) Pittsburgh Steelers - Aaron Williams, CB/S
63) Pittsburgh Steelers - Marcus Cannon, G

You just gave me a broner.

wordofi
04-10-2011, 01:24 PM
No way that Mike Pouncey gets drafted higher than his brother.

49erNation85
04-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Sexy 9ers pick!Perfect solution there.

Rabscuttle
04-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Take heart Broncos fans. You could trade away your second and more for a guy that would go much later without a hype completely overshadowing scouting.

Nalej
04-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I love the haul of Prince, Solder and LeShoure
I didn't mind the first trade up for Prince but the other ones
but I'd really need to see how the 3rd rd would go before like this Pats mock.
Pass rush is the Pats biggest issue and you didn't address it at all.
I much rather have stayed at 28 and grabbed Wilkerson DE
If an OLB (Moch, Sheard...?) is taken in the 3rd then this mock gets a big boost in grade

noondog
04-10-2011, 04:08 PM
No D for Detroit in the first two rounds is bad

BradysKnee
04-10-2011, 04:10 PM
I love the haul of Prince, Solder and LeShoure
I didn't mind the first trade up for Prince but the other ones
but I'd really need to see how the 3rd rd would go before like this Pats mock.
Pass rush is the Pats biggest issue and you didn't address it at all.
I much rather have stayed at 28 and grabbed Wilkerson DE
If an OLB (Moch, Sheard...?) is taken in the 3rd then this mock gets a big boost in grade

Yeah I agree, but t didn't fall that way in terms of value. I'd fully expect someone probably Sherard or Moch like you mention to be taken in rd 3, which at that point could be a real haul.

BradysKnee
04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
No D for Detroit in the first two rounds is bad

I hear ya, but in rd 2 Torrey Smith > any defensive player left in my mind.

BaLLiN
04-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Who'd you have taken at their original spot?

Gabe Carimi, Brandon Harris, Jimmy Smith, Heyward, Ingram

akvikefan89
04-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Ideal Vikings draft.

Seasonticketholder
04-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Great second round pick for the Saints. Give them Mark Ingram in the first. Heck, I could even see them trading up for Ingram in the second he was to fall that far, which I doubt unless they have a top DE on the board when the Saints pick.

CheeseKnuckles
04-10-2011, 07:36 PM
The Packers pick makes absolutely no sense....

Orakpowned
04-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Someone's been paying attention, ;-) First round very possible for for the Redskins. HOWEVERRRRR, change the running back to another in the 2nd round. :-)

DiG
04-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow sick skins mock

StrikeAnywhere
04-10-2011, 08:51 PM
No I just believe that Rudolph is 1st round value, and Denver would take him. Cinci fans screamed their team wouldn't take Gresham, and we all know how that turned out.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that at all.

Derrek Sherrod presents the same type of value at the pick as Rudolph does, and translates into the 2nd most valuable position on an offense - a blindside tackle. If we are simply drafting on value and not according to the fact that this is the deepest defensive draft in recent memory and our defense requires our top 4 picks to translate into starters just in order for our team to be competitive, then I would still argue that Rudolph is not the right pick since we don't currently have an RT on our roster.

Rudolph will spend all his time blocking. This isn't Shannahan's offense anymore, we aren't looking for elite pass catching production from our TE's.

drd23
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
That first round pick for the Ravens is a fail. Justin Houston, Muh Wilkerson, Derek Sherrod and even Akeem Ayers (as much as I would hate it) would be more likely that Brandon Harris.

Ijalana is an interesting pick in the 2nd but I dont think he provides the solution to the problem we have a OT because Ijalana isnt a LT IMO and most Ravens fans would rather we find a LT (be that re-signing Gaither or otherwise) and move Oher back to RT where he was elite in his rookie season

zachsaints52
04-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I really like that draft for the Saints.

FootballGod
04-11-2011, 09:56 AM
AJ Green is fine in the 1st

Bengals will have to upgrade their OL if they take Ponder.

The "if they take Ponder" part of your sentence doesn't need to be there. The Bengals need to upgrade their OL no matter what.

jCut
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM

There's a lot of guys in your draft that slipped into the second round with first round grades.

John Fox doesn't use TEs in the vertical passing game, anyway. He uses them predominantly as blockers in a power-running style. Are you at all familiar with John Fox's Carolina teams? Do you ever remember Carolina having an elite talent at TE?

The_Dude
04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
rename the title of this thread "The Vikings Fan Boner Inducing Mock Draft" & everything will be perfect.

marshallb
04-11-2011, 09:21 PM
rename the title of this thread "The Vikings Fan Boner Inducing Mock Draft" & everything will be perfect.

Yes. Only thing I would say to change up would be Cannon over Franklin in the 2nd, but that's really nothing to complain about.

GoRavens
04-11-2011, 10:50 PM
you should also try again

JDB7821
04-11-2011, 11:47 PM
There's a lot of guys in your draft that slipped into the second round with first round grades.

John Fox doesn't use TEs in the vertical passing game, anyway. He uses them predominantly as blockers in a power-running style. Are you at all familiar with John Fox's Carolina teams? Do you ever remember Carolina having an elite talent at TE?

I agree, but I also don't think Fox would turn down an elite talent at tight end. Mike Mularkey never had an elite tight end until Gonzalez here in Atlanta and now he utilizes him the best he can.

As for the Falcons, I assume you think Houston is going to play linebacker? That doesn't make any sense and makes even less sense to pick two defensive ends back to back. Don't get me wrong, I love both Houston and Acho, but we only need one of them and should pick an offensive playmaker with the other pick.

prock
04-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Wonderful Vikings selections.

jCut
04-12-2011, 02:06 AM
I agree, but I also don't think Fox would turn down an elite talent at tight end.

He would if he had an entire defense that he had to build from the ground up. We are switching back to a 4-3 and we have a ton of positions to fill.

stl9erfan
04-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Nailed the Niners draft. I think most everyone in SF would be very happy with those two picks.

holt_bruce81
04-12-2011, 05:43 AM
I hate that the Rams are trading up. No way does Devaney do that, but it's whatever you have them selecting two solid players.

IwannatalktoSampson
04-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Lions draft sucks. Sorry brah

Orakpowned
04-12-2011, 11:43 AM
I hate that the Rams are trading up. No way does Devaney do that, but it's whatever you have them selecting two solid players.

You might be in for a surprise in just over two weeks. :)

thebow305
04-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Too high for Pouncey iMO, Jake Locker would be a better pick there for Miami.

the_dark_knight
04-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Worst possible Falcons draft.

FlyingElvis
04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Hankerson instead of Leshoure, plz!