PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Panthers #1 pick

yodabear
04-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Hello *** boys! Here is how I am going to do this. We have 16 days til the draft. So here is what we are going to do, ladies. I am going to give u the team, ask u who u think they draft, give the poll. We are going to make an all out forum mock. The Panthers are on the clock til 12 p.m. tomorrow then we'll have the Broncos til 12 a.m. So with that lets go with the Panthers!

I think they go Cam Newton, QB, Auburn.

Lets start it up!

dj825
04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
QB is a big need however there are too many questions about Newton off the field and if he will just be JaMarcus Russel 2.0. As for Gabbert hes the best QB in the draft right now but he played in a spread and may not transition well to a pro style offense and since he doesnt really have anyone to throw to since Steve Smith is constantly triple covered it'll only make matters worse. That said Carolina takes A.J. Green and signs a veteran QB.

49erNation85
04-12-2011, 09:54 PM
They need a WR target for Clausen and give him at least one more season to prove him self he can be a starter.Too many people think it is a QB here or either improve there defense and goo PP.

T-RICH49
04-13-2011, 12:55 AM
I went Patrick Peterson.CAR has so many needs so why not go with arguably the best player in the draft

Pat Sims 90
04-13-2011, 01:46 AM
At this point i think there is no question that it will be Cam Newton.

gouldo
04-13-2011, 05:00 AM
AJ Green. They need a WR more than a QB. If they suck again, they they will draft Luck in 12.

GoRavens
04-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I went Patrick Peterson.CAR has so many needs so why not go with arguably the best player in the draft

exactly. No need to risk Newton crashing and burning.

fed36
04-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Take the best player in the draft - take Patrick Peterson. A rookie QB will not save this team. They do not have a second round pick either. Carolina has too many holes to waste their first round pick on a QB. AJ Green is a good choice - but receiver help can be gotten later on. Take Peterson

yodabear
04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Alright I said they had til noon. Despite some really good other suggestions, Cam Newton wins. Personally, I know I have him going here too, but I will not say I love it. I am not sold on Newton or Gabbert. However, the Panthers are in that tough position I feel. Like the Rams last year. Yeah, I am estatic at how Sam Bradoford preformed, but I wanted them to draft Suh. Well, but we were in that spot where we needed a face and lets face it: its the QB that sells tickets right? And Jimmy Claussen just doesn't face it. Claussen is like Jennifer Anniston in Office Space, he doesn't wear enough flair. Cam Newton is that *** boy Anniston wants to punch in the face, but Newton is likeable despite off the field issues.

So with the first pick in the 2011 draft, the CAROLINA PANTHERS select QB Cam Newton, Aubrun

http://shatterproofglassdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/camnewtonheisman.jpg