PDA

View Full Version : drowe final mock

drowe
04-14-2011, 09:57 AM
1-Panthers-Cam Newton-QB-Auburn-2 weeks out and it's not a sure thing yet. I hope it stays that way. Haven't had a question mark at the top in years.

2-Broncos-Patrick Peterson-DB-LSU-I think they have to look 2 moves ahead here. DL may be a need, but they have to know that a good d-lineman can be had early in the second round (where they have 2 picks). A talent like Peterson has to be taken early.

3-Bills-Von Miller-OLB-TAMU-I just don't see a QB here.

4-Bengals-Julio Jones-WR-Alabama-This is gonna be a dramatic pick. If they go QB, they're closing the book on Carson Palmer. Regardless of if they think he might come back, I don't know if they could pull the trigger on a QB here.
-Also, in each of the past 3 drafts, the first WR taken has been a surprise. I see that trend continuing this year.

5-Cardinals-Robert Quinn-OLB/DE-UNC-All signs seem to point to them NOT taking a QB. They have 2 young ones now. They also have a WR that they need to keep happy in the later stages of his contract.

6-Browns-AJ Green-WR-Georgia-Tough call between the top rated WR and both interior D-lineman. A talent like Green to pair with their other young UGA WR is too much to pass.

7-49ers-Prince Amukumara-CB-Nebraska-The 2 elite pass rushers are gone. Big decision on taking a QB, or staying true to the word of actually liking Alex Smith.

8-Titans-Blaine Gabbert-QB-Missouri-This is a team that is hurt by the lockout. they cannot go into 2011 with their current QB situation...and they can't rely on a free agent or trade. Bad timing.

9-Cowboys-Tyron Smith-T-USC-Boring pick after a dramatic top 10.

10-Redskins-Marcel Dareus-DL-Alabama

11-Texans-Nick Fairley-DL-Auburn

12-Vikings-Jake Locker-QB-Washington

13-Lions-Da'Quan Bowers-DE-Clemson

14-Rams-Cameron Jordan-DL-Cal

15-Dolphins-Ryan Mallett-QB-Arkansas

16-Jaguars-Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue

17-Patriots-JJ Watt-DL-Wisconsin

18-Chargers-Aldon Smith-OLB-Missouri

19-Giants-Anthony Castonzo-T-BC

20-Bucs-Cameron Heyward-DE-OSU

21-Chiefs-Nate Solder-T-Colorado

22-Colts-Gabe Carimi-T-Wisconsin

23-Eagles-Jimmy Smith-CB-Colorado

24-Saints-Akeem Ayers-LB-UCLA

25-Seahawks-Mark Ingram-RB-Alabama

26-Ravens-Brandon Harris-CB-Miami

27-Falcons-Kyle Rudolph-TE-Notre Dame

28-Patriots-Torrey Smith-WR-Maryland

29-Jets-Phil Taylor-DT-Baylor

30-Bears-Derreck Sherrod-T-Mississippi St

31-Steelers-Mike Pouncey-OL-Florida

32-Packers-Titus Young-WR-Boise State

wicket
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Not a fan of ayers at all, but the position makes sense.

AntoinCD
04-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Not a fan of Torrey Smith in the first. WR would be a luxury and he reminds me too much of the developing talent already on the roster in Tate and Price. Watt is a good pick although Heyward and Wilkerson may be better fits

Scotty D
04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Bowers is a solid pick. Not sure about his knee but he has top 5 talent if healthy.

DiG
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
dareus at ten. mee likey a looot

Pat Sims 90
04-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Don't see Mike Brown passing on 1 of the top QBs.

thebow305
04-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Mallett is a solid pick. Nice work.