PDA

View Full Version : RavenOfProphecy's 4/14 Two-Round Mock Draft!

Matthew Jones
04-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Threw this together over the last hour or so as I'm waiting for my next class to start. I didn't have time for explanations, but if you have any questions, let me know. I tried to really factor in individual schemes, etc. when I was composing the mock. Constructive criticism is always appreciated. Thanks!

First Round

1. Carolina Panthers: QB Cam Newton, Auburn*

2. Denver Broncos: DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama*

3. Buffalo Bills: LB Von Miller, Texas A&M

4. Cincinnati Bengals: WR Julio Jones, Alabama*

5. Arizona Cardinals: QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri*

6. Cleveland Browns: WR A.J. Green, Georgia*

7. San Francisco 49ers: CB Patrick Peterson, Louisiana St.*

8. Tennessee Titans: DT Nick Fairley, Auburn*

9. Dallas Cowboys: OT Tyron Smith, Southern California*

10. Washington Redskins: LB Robert Quinn, North Carolina*

11. Houston Texans: CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

12. Minnesota Vikings: DE Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson*

13. Detroit Lions: OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College

14. St. Louis Rams: DE Aldon Smith, Missouri*

15. Miami Dolphins: QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas*

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

17. New England Patriots (f/OAK): DE Cameron Jordan, California

18. San Diego Chargers: DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin*

19. New York Giants: OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: LB Brooks Reed, Arizona

21. Kansas City Chiefs: OG Mike Pouncey, Florida

22. Indianapolis Colts: OG Danny Watkins, Baylor

23. Philadelphia Eagles: DT Stephen Paea, Oregon St.

24. New Orleans Saints: RB Mark Ingram, Alabama*

25. Seattle Seahawks: QB Jake Locker, Washington

26. Baltimore Ravens: DE Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*

27. Atlanta Falcons: TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame*

28. New England Patriots: CB Brandon Harris, Miami (FL)*

29. Chicago Bears: DT Corey Liuget, Illinois*

30. New York Jets: NT Phil Taylor, Baylor

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: CB Aaron Williams, Texas*

32. Green Bay Packers: OT Nate Solder, Colorado

Second Round

33. New England Patriots (f/CAR): OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi St.

34. Buffalo Bills: QB Christian Ponder, Florida St.

35. Cincinnati Bengals: DE Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh

36. Denver Broncos: DE Allen Bailey, Miami (FL)

37. Cleveland Browns: DT Christian Ballard, Iowa

38. Arizona Cardinals: CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia

39. Tennessee Titans: LB Bruce Carter, North Carolina

40. Dallas Cowboys: FS Rahim Moore, UCLA*

41. Washington Redskins: RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech*

42. Houston Texans: SS Quinton Carter, Oklahoma

43. Minnesota Vikings: OG Orlando Franklin, Miami (FL)

44. Detroit Lions: CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado

45. San Francisco 49ers: QB Andy Dalton, Texas Christian

46. Denver Broncos (f/MIA): DT Cameron Heyward, Ohio St.

47. St. Louis Rams: WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami (FL)

48. Oakland Raiders: QB Colin Kaepernick, Nevada

49. Jacksonville Jaguars: LB Mason Foster, Washington

50. San Diego Chargers: LB Justin Houston, Georgia*

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

52. New York Giants: LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA*

53. Indianapolis Colts: OT Clint Boling, Georgia

54. Philadelphia Eagles: OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova

55. Kansas City Chiefs: WR Titus Young, Boise St.

56. New Orleans Saints: LB Martez Wilson, Illinois*

57. Seattle Seahawks: CB Curtis Brown, Texas

58. Baltimore Ravens: WR Torrey Smith, Maryland*

59. Atlanta Falcons: DE Sam Acho, Texas

60. New England Patriots: OG Rodney Hudson, Florida St.

61. San Diego Chargers (f/NYJ): WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh*

62. Chicago Bears: WR Randall Cobb, Kentucky*

63. Pittsburgh Steelers: TE Lance Kendricks, Wisconsin

64. Green Bay Packers: RB Mikel Leshoure, Illinois*

Also considered:

QB Ricky Stanzi, Iowa

RB Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma St.

WR Edmund Gates, Abilene Christian

WR Jerrel Jernigan, Troy

OT James Carpenter, Alabama

C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St.

DT Kenrick Ellis, Hampton

DT Drake Nevis, Louisiana St.

CB Davon House, New Mexico St.

CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville

Pat Sims 90
04-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Not a Fan of the Bengals draft.
Don't see Mike Brown passing on 1 of the top QBs in the 1st. Plus the Bengals not taking a QB in the 1st 2 rounds pretty much ensures the Bengals will have 1st overall pick next year. Peter King is hardly ever right about anything when it comes to the draft and i don't believe the whole Julio because what coach would give off a player on their big board. DT is bigger need then DE if u give them a DL.

thebow305
04-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Mallett works for me!

wicket
04-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Ingram makes me wants to punch little babies, Wilson makes me quite happy

Matthew Jones
04-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Not a Fan of the Bengals draft.
Don't see Mike Brown passing on 1 of the top QBs in the 1st. Plus the Bengals not taking a QB in the 1st 2 rounds pretty much ensures the Bengals will have 1st overall pick next year. Peter King is hardly ever right about anything when it comes to the draft and i don't believe the whole Julio because what coach would give off a player on their big board. DT is bigger need then DE if u give them a DL.

Gabbert is definitely a possibility, I just went with what I've heard more about to this point, which was Jones. I know you can't believe everything you hear as far as rumors, etc. but it makes sense that they would go with value there and take a WR over one of the QBs. Jones might be more equipped to play in a physical division like the AFC North than Green, who has kind of a thin frame and whose aggressive style of play might lead to some injuries in the NFL. I could see the Bengals trying to address QB with a veteran option like a Kolb or McNabb - Marvin Lewis doesn't have a lot of pull, but he's coaching for his job this year and will not want to go with someone who might not be ready to step in and be an effective starter right away. If they did end up with the first pick, they'd be able to pair Andrew Luck with Jones to form a strong 1-2 combo.

I considered DT but I didn't see the value there - not sure Heyward is a great fit. I like Sheard there as a BPA pick. Considered QB at #35 but with Ponder/Mallett off the board I wasn't sure if there was anyone the Bengals would feel comfortable drafting. When you're as terrible as the Bengals are, the focus of the draft shoudl just be grabbing the best players available - they need talent more than they need to reach to fill positions of need.

K Train
04-14-2011, 01:36 PM
aaron williams and kendricks are pretty solid picks...i actually think it might happen just like that.

kendrick ellis would be my ideal pick though since they just missed out on curtis brown

Matthew Jones
04-14-2011, 01:38 PM
aaron williams and kendricks are pretty solid picks...i actually think it might happen just like that.

kendrick ellis would be my ideal pick though since they just missed out on curtis brown

That was my thought as well, and I could definitely see Ellis, although he has a ton of character issues - conditioning/weight/work ethic, poor academics and drug use which led to dismissal from Penn St., arrested for assault and suspended from the team in 2010, which led to me going with Kendricks over him.

Pat Sims 90
04-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Gabbert is definitely a possibility, I just went with what I've heard more about to this point, which was Jones. I know you can't believe everything you hear as far as rumors, etc. but it makes sense that they would go with value there and take a WR over one of the QBs. Jones might be more equipped to play in a physical division like the AFC North than Green, who has kind of a thin frame and whose aggressive style of play might lead to some injuries in the NFL. I could see the Bengals trying to address QB with a veteran option like a Kolb or McNabb - Marvin Lewis doesn't have a lot of pull, but he's coaching for his job this year and will not want to go with someone who might not be ready to step in and be an effective starter right away. If they did end up with the first pick, they'd be able to pair Andrew Luck with Jones to form a strong 1-2 combo.

I considered DT but I didn't see the value there - not sure Heyward is a great fit. I like Sheard there as a BPA pick. Considered QB at #35 but with Ponder/Mallett off the board I wasn't sure if there was anyone the Bengals would feel comfortable drafting. When you're as terrible as the Bengals are, the focus of the draft shoudl just be grabbing the best players available - they need talent more than they need to reach to fill positions of need.

When ur as terriable as the Bengals are on offense u should draft Best Offense Player there. The Defense can be fine with who they have they have ranked in the top 10 in defense with who they have. It is going to be a Offense draft for the Bengals i would be surprized to see them take a defense player before the 4th round.

There is no point in going after a veteran QB when they have nobody behind to groom for the future.

FloridaSkinzFan
04-14-2011, 01:43 PM
For the redskins, I like Williams in the 2nd

K Train
04-14-2011, 01:44 PM
That was my thought as well, and I could definitely see Ellis, although he has a ton of character issues - conditioning/weight/work ethic, poor academics and drug use which led to dismissal from Penn St., arrested for assault and suspended from the team in 2010, which led to me going with Kendricks over him.

cant argue with it...theyve shown a considerable amount of interest in kendricks and while i think he should be a 3rd rounder im doubting he makes it that far at this point

StrikeAnywhere
04-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Big fan of the Denver picks. I think Dareus is as close to a lock as you can get for the #2 spot, and I am personally a huge fan of Bailey. I'd be excited with this draft class.

Seasonticketholder
04-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Great pick for the Saints in the first round. I am iffy on Wilson and I am amazed that my fellow Saints fan, wicket, likes him. Wilson timed well at the combine but he lacks fluidity, and his read and reaction skills are marginal at best. He plays stiff and always seem a half a step too slow to the ball. He was a late second, early third rounder before the combine so I guess I cannot be too upset with the pick.

That said, great job! I am actually encouraged by where you have Cameron Heyward, Adrian Clayborn, Akeem Ayers and I guess Justin Houston (though I hear the Saints are not as high on him) going. If we could grab Ingram in the first and maybe trade up a bit to get one of those guys, then I would be very excited. Mason Foster and Bruce Carter are other guys they really like.

T-RICH49
04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
ughhh we do NOT need to go OL in RD 1.we need a NT(Phil Taylor) and also I would hop we go Torrey Smith over Young.like Young but Smith would be better value at posistion of need

coordinator0
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Solid Ravens draft. The team seems to be high on Wilkerson and it seems like a realistic pick. I've read that he's similar to a young Trevor Pryce, and though I don't quite buy that he should still be able to get pressure on the QB in our system. Smith at 58 is good value, although I still have reservations about his ability to catch the ball. Definitely fits the bill for what we need at receiver though.

FlyingElvis
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Diggin it. CB at the end of 1 two years in a row is so unlikely that I fully expect it to happen.

Abaddon
04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
48. Oakland Raiders: QB Colin Kaepernick, Nevada

And uncontrollable weeping ensues.

Menardo75
04-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Very nice Niner mock.

CheeseKnuckles
04-14-2011, 06:19 PM
If Reed gets picked at number 20, he should send half of his paychecks to Clay Matthews.

gpngc
04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
The Seahawks have been linked to Dalton and Mallett - not Locker. Pete Carroll recruited Locker as a safety. He's going to bet his second NFL job on a guy he didn't think could play QB in the Pac-10? Doubtful.

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Solid for the Bears

jCut
04-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Love this Denver mock. Great job.

DiG
04-15-2011, 08:50 AM
quinns a great rd1 pick. hard to imagine passing on cam heyward rd2 tough, gotta imagine hes graded out higher than ryan w and the skins definitely value dl high in this draft.

JaxJag_1
04-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm so sick of Ryan Kerrigan being mocked to us... It isn't as likely as people think it is.

PossumBoy9
04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Aldon Smith is a solid pick at #14, but I think the Rams would take Baldwin, LeShoure, or even Mason Foster over Hankerson.

I'm surprised LeShoure fell so far in your draft.

49erNation85
04-16-2011, 11:54 AM
A very good solid 9ers draft.Preying for hell with PP!