PDA

View Full Version : QB Battles Thread

shylo3716
04-14-2011, 03:14 PM
If you have any knowledge of any QB battles feel free to post them & I will try my best to update the list.

2011-2012 Battles

Miami (FL)
Jacory Harris vs Stephen Morris

Alabama
A.J. McCarron vs Phillip Sims

Penn State
Matt McGloin vs Robert Bolden vs Paul Jones

Florida
John Brantley vs Jeff Driskel

Notre Dame
Dayne Crist vs Tommy Rees vs Andrew Hendrix vs Everett Golson

Cal
Allan Bridgford vs Zach Maynard

Washington
Keith Price vs Nick Montana

Nebraska
Taylor Martinez vs Cody Green vs Bubba Starling

Ohio State
Joe Bauserman vs Braxton Miller vs Kenny Guiton vs Taylor Graham

wicket
04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Notre Dame
Dayne Crist vs Tommy Rees vs Andrew Hendrix vs Everett Golson

CashmoneyDrew
04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Thankfully none for UT, but how about South Carolina since Stephen Garcia is suspended indefinitely? I don't know their roster well though.

SickwithIt1010
04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Add Paul Jones to the list for Penn State.

shylo3716
04-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Add Paul Jones to the list for Penn State.

What will Kevin Newsome's role be with the team since he actually came back. He skipped the teams bowl game to transfer out which was rumored, but he has actually re-enrolled. So could you please shed some light on his situation & future with Penn State.

dannyz
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Taylor Martinez vs Cody Green and maybe Bubba Starling. I think Martinez has the job but if he were to play like he did at the end of the Year he needs to loose it.

49erNation85
04-14-2011, 04:42 PM
It should be a fun QB challenge in the Florida with a whole new offense.Hoping Brantley ant the team can come alive and put down on the sec this year.Then young Briskel can step in next year.Should be a fun season can't wait!

Pat Sims 90
04-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Ohio State 1st 5 Games

Joe Bauserman SR vs Braxton Miller FR vs Kenny Guiton SO vs Taylor Graham FR

Pretty much wide open at this point but i think Braxton Miller ends up winning in the end.

shylo3716
04-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Ohio State 1st 5 Games

Joe Bauserman SR vs Braxton Miller FR vs Kenny Guiton SO vs Taylor Graham FR

Pretty much wide open at this point but i think Braxton Miller ends up winning in the end.

I really wouldn't consider Ohio State for the simple fact that everyone knows the job is Pryor's once he comes back.

Pat Sims 90
04-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I really wouldn't consider Ohio State for the simple fact that everyone knows the job is Pryor's once he comes back.

Yea but it is still a battle to start 1st 5 games.

That is if Pryor comes back he is rumored to be coming out in Supplemental draft if there is one.

shylo3716
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Yea but it is still a battle to start 1st 5 games.

That is if Pryor comes back he is rumored to be coming out in Supplemental draft if there is one.

ESPN College Football Live reported the other day that Pryor will not take part in that draft. But I will add your Battle to the list.

BigJohn98
04-22-2011, 09:24 AM
If you have any knowledge of any QB battles feel free to post them & I will try my best to update the list.

2011-2012 Battles

Miami (FL)
Jacory Harris vs Stephen Morris

Can't wait to see who wins this battle. It's going to be an ugly season regardless of who wins.

jrdrylie
04-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Can't wait to see who wins this battle. It's going to be an ugly season regardless of who wins.

As a Georgia Tech fan, I hope Jacory Haris takes the job so he can take away Reggie Ball's spot as the worst four-year starting quarterback of all time.

BuddyCHRIST
04-22-2011, 12:52 PM
It should be a fun QB challenge in the Florida with a whole new offense.Hoping Brantley ant the team can come alive and put down on the sec this year.Then young Briskel can step in next year.Should be a fun season can't wait!

Don't count out Brissett, super talented QB.

holt_bruce81
04-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Missouri:

Tyler Gabbert vs James Franklin

Franklin is in the lead right now.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
04-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Missouri:

Tyler Gabbert vs James Franklin

Franklin is in the lead right now.

Would not trust somebody with the last name Franklin.

Docta
04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
So Brissett's not included in the Florida QB battle?

jrdrylie
04-22-2011, 05:49 PM
So Brissett's not included in the Florida QB battle?

I think Driskel has a serious upper-hand due to the fact that he was an early enrollee and has the Spring to learn the offense. My guess is Brissett won't be on the roster this time next year. I predict he'll try to transfer to Miami since that was one of his other favorites and they didn't sign a quarterback this year.

49erNation85
04-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Yep no need for two Freshman at QB for Florida Driskel is a much better player.Hes a next Tebow clone but a better passer and throwing motion.I wish he could start right off the bat.

NotRickJames
04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm pretty interested in Notre Dame's QB battle. I'm interested in Notre Dame in general this year, actually. Defense was great down the stretch, Cierre Wood should be much better this year. If they get good play from the QB position they could surprise some people.

It's a four way battle between Dayne Crist, Tommy Rees, Andrew Hendrix and Everett Golson.

I don't see Golson being ready, yet. Love what he has to offer in a year or two though. I think Hendrix has a solid chance win the job. Guy has a rocket and is a threat to run as well. Rees isn't as talented as Crist or Hendrix but has experience and showed the ability to run Kelly's offense well.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Pat Sims 90
04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
All 4 QBs running for Ohio State Job threw a TD in the spring game and none of them turned over the ball so the QB Job is still up in the air.

BuckeyeDan17
04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Bauserman I feel will play himself out of it early in the summer. Graham seems to be a good pocket QB but our OL potentially being really shakey we're going to need a guy that can escape for a first down. Guiton? Did he wow you? Eh, Miller had a GREAT throw on the run that stuck out to me except it was a bit high and Posey couldn't come down with it.

I was surprised to see how many blitzes they threw at the QB's.

I agree Miller will ultimately earn the start the first give games. Dude's got elusiveness and a cannon, not a shock though.

On a side note, John Simon, Jon Hankins, and Nathan Williams seem like they could be absolutely disgusting on the D-line this year.

bwillie26
04-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Bubba Starling isn't coming to Nebraska. Daddy quit his job in Kansas, and the coach he had the closest relationship with (Shawn Watson) isn't at Nebraska anymore.

The real QB battle at Nebraska is between Brion Carnes and Taylor Martinez, who are neck and neck. Cody Green is a distance 3rd.

SchizophrenicBatman
04-27-2011, 04:11 PM
The Mike Glennon/Russell Wilson dynamic at NC State could get interesting

The coach is all in on Glennon but if Wilson comes back, that would be an extremely awkward situation

One of the rumors out there is that Wilson has been contacted by other teams, including Auburn (fwiw I do not think the SEC would be the best place for him to go), to play his final year of eligibility