PDA

View Full Version : NEW 1st Round Mock (trades included)

JaxJag_1
04-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Trades
Washington trades picks 10 and 41 to Arizona for pick 5
Tampa trades picks 20 and 84 to Miami for pick 15
San Diego trades picks 50 and 61 to New England for pick 28
Minnesota trades picks 43 and 106 to Pittsburgh for pick 31
New Orleans trades picks 56 and 72 to Green Bay for pick 32

1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

2. Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama

3. Buffalo Bills - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

4. Cincinnati Bengals - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama

5. Washington Redskins (from ARI) - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

6. Cleveland Browns - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

7. San Francisco 49ers - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn

9. Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT, USC

10. Arizona Cardinals (from WSH) - Robert Quinn, OLB, North Carolina

11. Houston Texans - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska

12. Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue

13. Detroit Lions - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin

14. St. Louis Rams - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from MIA) - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

17. New England Patriots (from OAK) - Cameron Jordan, DE, California

18. San Diego Chargers - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple

19. New York Giants - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College

20. Miami Dolphins (from TB) - Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor

22. Indianapolis Colts - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

23. Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado

24. New Orleans Saints - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson

25. Seattle Seahawks - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

26. Baltimore Ravens - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

27. Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

28. San Diego Chargers (from NE) - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA

29. Chicago Bears - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin

30. New York Jets - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor

31. Minnesota Vikings (from PIT) - Jake Locker, QB, Washington

32. New Orleans Saints (from GB) - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

Babylon
04-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Some GM takes Andy Dalton at #16 wont have his job for long.

JaxJag_1
04-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Gene won't worry about that.

Babylon
04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Gene won't worry about that.

They are hiring at McDonalds. Andy Dalton isnt a first round pick. Doesnt have a physical characteristic that warrants being picked there.

SimonRath
04-15-2011, 10:43 PM
NO KYLE RUDOLPH. please.

T-RICH49
04-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Chiefs pick = EPIC FAIL

Smash28Dash34
04-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I don't think the texans will go corner again for the second straight year. They need a 3-4 end or LB for their new scheme under phillips. Good mock though.

Heisman
04-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Solid Vikings mock. I'd be happy with it but gambling that Locker will fall 19 spots would be strange and in all honestly it's just more likely/realistic that we take him at #12

49erNation85
04-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Love the pick for SF very sexy!However,Dalton that is way to freaking high for him and I"m a Dalton fan.Just way to high where they could take Locker or Mallet instead for Jags.

wicket
04-16-2011, 03:08 AM
the tradeup for Ingram makes me want to punch babies, Bowers is a slam dunk pick though.

Saints just dont need a running back and Ingram just does not fit in the saints offense so for a team with plenty of needs to give up a bunch of picks to get someone they have no use for makes little sense to me

JaxJag_1
04-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Love the pick for SF very sexy!However,Dalton that is way to freaking high for him and I"m a Dalton fan.Just way to high where they could take Locker or Mallet instead for Jags.

I'm a Jaguars fan, and there is 0 chance we take Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker

Grizzlegom
04-16-2011, 08:38 AM
I could get on board with that Phins draft.

JaxJag_1
04-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Chiefs pick = EPIC FAIL

We know you love Phil Taylor. I just don't see it happening.

Smash28Dash34
04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
As a panthers fan I would probably cry if the saints got bowers and ingram lol

King Carls 5 Year Plan
04-16-2011, 09:56 AM
We know you love Phil Taylor. I just don't see it happening.

that's fine,Phil Taylor very well might not be the pick. your fail was selecting Danny Watkins @ #21. not a need position, reach for a player, lots more value still on the board.

use your own logic and listen to Chiefs fans when they tell you Watkins won't be the pick.

SimonRath
04-16-2011, 09:58 AM
As a panthers fan I would probably cry if the saints got bowers and ingram lol

completely agree with this.

JaxJag_1
04-16-2011, 10:00 AM
that's fine,Phil Taylor very well might not be the pick. your fail was selecting Danny Watkins @ #21. not a need position, reach for a player, lots more value still on the board.

use your own logic and listen to Chiefs fans when they tell you Watkins won't be the pick.

So if not Watkins or Taylor - then who would you say is the pick?

And I don't necessarily think Watkins is a reach at 21.

patriots21
04-16-2011, 10:13 AM

Do you have any reasoning for that?

JaxJag_1
04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Do you have any reasoning for that?

Gene Smith won't go with a character risk like Ryan Mallett. In fact, I'd bet that Mallett is completely off the board.

And Gene has said on his radio show numerous times back in October and November that he wants the QB we draft to have won a lot of games in college. Doesn't sound anything like Locker

SimonRath
04-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Gene Smith won't go with a character risk like Ryan Mallett. In fact, I'd bet that Mallett is completely off the board.

And Gene has said on his radio show numerous times back in October and November that he wants the QB we draft to have won a lot of games in college. Doesn't sound anything like Locker

so who? Dalton? id never take Dalton on Locker

JaxJag_1
04-16-2011, 10:22 AM
so who? Dalton? id never take Dalton on Locker

Gene Smith disagrees.

I'm telling you - Dalton is Gene's guy. I've heard Gene speak enough times over the years to be able to read between the lines and if he wants Dalton, he won't play around and trade back; hoping Dalton would fall.

He'd take Dalton right there at 16.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
04-16-2011, 03:23 PM
So if not Watkins or Taylor - then who would you say is the pick?

And I don't necessarily think Watkins is a reach at 21.

given your scenario, i would take Carimi (i'm in the minority of Chiefs fans that would be ok taking a RT) or Houston. trading down would be the best idea. a team could want 21 to get Bowers or the Bears could use it to jump ahead of Indy and get a OT.

just on a side note, whats your reasoning for being so sure KC won't take Taylor?

Seasonticketholder
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would cry if the Saints ended up with DaQuan Bowers and Mark Ingram! Talk about a slam dunk! That would be an unbelievably great draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best Saints first round mock ever!

And the Saints do have a need at RB. Or let's say they do not have a need. Does not matter if they do or do not because I know for a fact that Ingram is VERY HIGH on their board. So debating need here does not matter.

Heisman
04-16-2011, 03:33 PM

I think youre crazy, and its a ballsy prediction, but if youre right: major, major props to you

JaxJag_1
04-16-2011, 06:35 PM
just on a side note, whats your reasoning for being so sure KC won't take Taylor?

Just a gut feel more than anything. Doesn't feel like a Pioli kind of pick given Taylor being kicked out of Penn State and I haven't see anything linking Taylor to KC either -- not that that's the end all be all.

TheMatriculator
04-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Just a gut feel more than anything. Doesn't feel like a Pioli kind of pick given Taylor being kicked out of Penn State and I haven't see anything linking Taylor to KC either -- not that that's the end all be all.

Well, for what its worth, I agree that the Phil Taylor that was kicked off Penn State is not a Pioli kind of pick. The question really becomes whether the 2011 version is a different young man who has done some growing up or a kid who has learned "the right answers" to questions. Finding out the answer to that question is what Pioli is paid the big bucks for.

Now about your pick for the Chiefs. Neither the Chiefs nor any other NFL team is going to spend a 1st round pick on a 26 year old guard. It just isn't going to happen.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
04-16-2011, 08:47 PM
now, this is an ambiguous article, but the Chiefs have had him in for a private workout. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/3/25/2071349/phil-taylor-baylor-chiefs-2011-nfl-draft

just a little info, he already spent #21 overall on a NT before (V. Wilfork). worked out pretty good then. just sayin, he's got a history of drafting DLineman early.

Pat Sims 90
04-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Julio Jones is a fail pick with Blaine Gabbert and AJ Green still on the board.