PDA

View Full Version : DROCK MAFT - with trades!

TACKLE
04-16-2011, 06:17 PM
1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton | QB | Auburn

Once the Panthers identified QB as a major need, there's no way there not taking one and Cam has emerged as the clear front runner. Say what you want about him, but its rare to get to draft a player who was the most dominant player and also the most talented.

2. Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus | DT | Alabama

I think this comes down to Dareus and Peterson The Broncos released some DT's this off season and seemed desperate to bring back Champ which would allow them to go this direction. In the NFL, DT value still trumps CB value in the draft.

3. Buffalo Bills - Von Miller | OLB | Texas A&M

I'm still not entirely sold on this pick. The Bills are going to be utilizing more 4-3 and with their personnel, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they eventually wanted to move to a 4-3 base. 4-3 LB's just really aren't worth a selection this high. But at this point, I think he's the highest rated defensive player on the board so they gotta take him.

4. TRADE: Washington Redskins f. Cincinnati - Blaine Gabbert | QB | Missouri

There have been rumblings off this trade now and I think it makes sense for both teams. Washington has been trying to trade up for a QB in the last two draft and I think they are finally able to do it. Gabbert has the physical tools to work well in Shanahan's system.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Peterson | CB | LSU

I don't think the Cards are nearly as upset that Gabbert is gone as some might think. Peterson has got to be the highest ranked player on their board here so they take him to make what should be the best CB tandem in football.

6. Cleveland Browns - AJ Green | WR | Georgia

You could probably argue that D-Line is a bigger need but WR is also a big need AJ's trumps here.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Quinn | DE/OLB | North Carolina

This is a pick I really don't have a good feel for. There's not pick here I'm really sold on. Quinn is the pick that makes the most sense to me as he'd would provide a ton of upside as an edge rusher.

8. Tennessee - Nick Fairley | DT | Auburn

QB would not surprise me here but they probably feel as if they can get one later. Fairley makes a lot of sense here from a need, value and fit perspective.

9. Dallas Cowboys Tyron Smith | OT | USC

If Peterson falls one spot further I think Dallas makes a move for him. But if they don't get him, I think Garrett will be quite content to sit back and take the most talented OT in the draft.

10. Cincinnati Bengals f. Washington - Julio Jones | WR | Alabama

This trade worked out great for the Bengals. They move back and collect picks all while still landing the WR they are rumored to covet most.

11. TRADE: Miami f. Houston - Ryan Mallett | QB | Arkansas

With Minnesota lingering, Miami jumps up to secure their guy. They are clearly interested in improving the QB position and they are really doing their due diligence on Mallett. Sparano wants to win now but unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the final say.

12. Minnesota Vikings Da'Quan Bowers | DE | Clemson

With Ray Edwards likely gone, the Vikings have shown a lot of interest in DE's. Bowers is a very talented player who would be a great fit as a LE opposite of Allen.

13. Detroit Lions - Prince Amukamara | CB | Nebraska

I'm not sure this is a complete no brainer but I don't see how they can ignore the CB position if the value is right.

14. St. Louis Rams - Corey Liuget | DT | Illinois

Liuget has been steadily rising and seems like a great match in St.Louis as their new 3-tech in Spags defense. Aldon would get some strong consideration but if the value is close, I think they gotta beef up inside.

15. Houston f. Miami - Aldon Smith | DE/OLB | Missouri

Houston didn't have any slam dunk picks so they could afford to move back. I know they want to upgrade their pass rush with the move to the 3-4 and Aldon would make sense for them. They could go 5-tech but they need some outside rushers. I also wouldn't rule out Jimmy Smith.

16. Jacksonville - JJ Watt | DE | Wisconsin

The Jags have their pick of Watt and Jordan. Pouncey gets some strong consideration as does Locker. It's a close call here. I think they'll love Watt's attitude and he may offer slightly higher value than the rest.

17. New England f. Oakland - Mike Pouncey | G/C | Florida

Cam Jordan makes sense from a value stand point though I'm not sold of his scheme fit in New England. The Patriots could potentially have some big holes across the offensive line and the Florida pipeline has proved to be effect for the Pats in recent years. Pouncey's ability to play all three interior spots helps a lot.

18. San Diego Chargers - Cameron Jordan | DE | California

Easy pick here. Value and need match up just right. The Chargers keep Jordan in California.

19. New York Giants - Jimmy Smith | CB | Colorado

The Giants are always a tough team to predict on draft day. They stick to their value board very closely. Jimmy Smith might be the most talented player on the board at this point. They have a handful of decent to pretty good guys but Smith is a big time talent who I think they'd be willing to role the dice on.

20. Tampa Bay Bucs - Justin Houston | DE | Georgia

DE seems like the easy way out for the Bucs but the value and need match up here. Could be Kerrigan as well. Houston athleticism will be intriguing and allow for a little bit more flexibility.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor | NT | Baylor

KC doesn't have a NT under contract. Pioli always prioritizes 3-4 d-lineman in the draft and Taylor has the ability to become the centerpiece of that defense.

22. TRADE: Atlanta f. Indianapolis - Ryan Kerrigan | DE | Purdue

If the Falcons want a pass rusher, they might have to move up to get one. Kerrgian seems like a perfect fit there and really fits the mold of the type of guy Dimitrov has looked for as a GM.

23. TRADE: Tennessee f. Philadelphia - Jake Locker | QB | Washington

With Jimmy Smith and Pouncey both gone, I think Philly would be comfortable moving back. The Titans are as desperate for a QB as any team in the league so they move up to make sure they get one.

24. New Orleans Saints - Adrian Clayborn | DE | Iowa

Saints always go with BPA but its hard to know where Clayborn's value lies. Some say top 20, some say 2nd round. Because of scheme fit, the Saints may be one of those teams that has a high grade on Clayborn and he comes in and fills a big need.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Nate Solder | OT | Colorado

The top four QB's are gone but I don't get the impression that they are as QB hungry as some believe. They really need to prioritize upgrading both their O and D lines. Solder is a talented player who could be a long time bookend opposite of Okung.

26. Baltimore - Cameron Heyward | DE | Ohio State

All signs point to the Ravens taking the highest rated front seven player on the board with Jimmy Smith gone. Not a flashy pick but Heyward is an absolute rock. He flashed top 10 talent at times. Possess great versatility and should become an immediate contributor up front.

27. Indianapolis Colts f. Atlanta - Anthony Castonzo | OT | Boston College

The Colts are content to move back a couple spots because the run on OT's has yet to happen. They move back a couple spots and secure the guy they might of taken at 22.

28. New England Patriots - Mark Ingram | RB | Alabama

They don't have to go RB but Ingram is a great value who would also but a very nice fit in New England. Word is they are very high on him as well. Mo Wilk and Carimi also get strong consideration but I think they go with the value.

29. Chicago Bears - Gabe Carimi | OT | Wisconsin

The Bears are thrilled that Carimi is still here and should take him despite their needs on the defensive side of the ball.

30. New York Jets - Akeem Ayers | OLB | UCLA

The Jets could go several different ways here. If one of the OT's slips through I think they'd strongly consider it. There's a couple of talented 5-tech on the board. But Ayers is a highly talented player who could act almost as an Adalius Thomas type role for Rex.

31. TRADE: Oakland Raiders f. Pittsburgh - Colin Kaepernick | QB | Nevada

BOOSH! That just happened. Kaepernick to Oakland just makes too much sense. There are reports circulating that he may be their #1 rated QB. He has everything they look for in a QB. Oakland could actually be a great situation for him as he could learn behind Campbell and develop under one of the best QB coaches in the league in Hue Jackson. The Steelers have no slam dunk pick here and if the Raiders feel like Kaepernick is their QB of the future, I don't think they'd be scared to do what it takes to get him.

32. Green Bay Packers - Muhammed Wilkerson | DE | Temple

I have a hard thinking he'll last this long but if he does, the Pack should gladly take him with his scheme versatility and the question marks across their defensive line.

Master Exploder
04-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I love the RK pick-up for Atlanta.

coordinator0
04-16-2011, 06:28 PM
I think we would go with Wilkerson over Heyward.

princefielder28
04-16-2011, 06:35 PM
love the wilkerson selection

T-RICH49
04-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Phil Taylor to KC = winning

49erNation85
04-16-2011, 06:57 PM
a solid and meh pick for sf.

Pat Sims 90
04-16-2011, 09:07 PM
I would be fine with the trade down but i don't see the Bengals trading down and passing on a franchise QB.

Seasonticketholder
04-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Ingram over Clayborn for Saints.

TACKLE
04-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Ingram over Clayborn for Saints.

I strongly considered it. Could of gone either way.

Orakpowned
04-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Reports about the Redskins wanting to trade up are 100% false.

fed36
04-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Reports about the Redskins wanting to trade up are 100% false.

Agreed ....this is absolutely the worst strategy they could take on draft day

akvikefan89
04-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Wow @ Miami trading up for Mallett...

Not sure I'd be thrilled with passing on Amukamara for DaQuan Bowers' busted knee...

zachsaints52
04-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Not a bad pick for the Saints.

vidae
04-17-2011, 09:50 AM
I love you tacks.

GatorsBullsFan
04-17-2011, 11:04 AM
I like this draft a lot JJ Watt is one of the guys I hope we get in this draft

Orakpowned
04-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Agreed ....this is absolutely the worst strategy they could take on draft day

They're not taking it. Need not worry. :-)

I'd love to know where McClain gets his info because he's way off about the Redskins.

Crazy_Chris
04-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I can't see the Vikings passing on Prince Amukamara for a DE.

roscoesdad27
04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Great ravens pick

thebow305
04-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Not too crazy about the trade-up, but Mallett is a solid pick nevertheless.

Babylon
04-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Fairley and Locker to the Titans, might have got the two best players on each side of the ball.

diabsoule
04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
******* hate Adrian Clayborn. Poor production during his senior year, Erb's Palsy limits strength in right arm, plays right end although built like a left/base end. Not a fan.