PDA

View Full Version : xpmar9x's FINAL Mock Draft (4/18) - 2 Rounds

xpmar9x
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
1st Round:

1. Panthers – Marcel Dareus, DT, Bama
I don’t think the Panthers are sold on Newton or Gabbert. Clausen was a 2nd round pick JUST LAST YEAR. I don’t think they’ll give up on him this quick, yes he struggled bust he still has some potential. Instead they opt for Dareus, who will be a great boost to their D-Line. If Clausen fails, next years QB class looks decent.

2. Broncos – Robert Quinn, OLB, UNC
Surprise pick alrert! Broncos pass on Von and PP. Broncos are switching to the 43, I just don’t see Von as a GREAT fit in the 43, sure if the pick was a little later in the draft it would be worth the risk, but not at #2. They also pass on PP, they just resigned Champ and PP wants to play CB in the NFL. Instead, the Broncos opt for my #1 43 DE: Quinn.

3. Bills – Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn
The Bills are in need of a superstar player. The Bills don’t have a lot of players that are well known, almost none. Cam is just the publicity they need to attract some talent to Buffalo. Not sure what this means for Fitz, he’d be decent trade bait next season.

4. Bengals – AJ Green, WR, UGA
Very hard for the Bengals to pass on Gabbert, but they know theres decent Rd2 QB options, plus Palmer may return (I don’t think he will though). If AJ is drafted, I think OchoCinco will get traded/released.

5. Cardinals – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Mizzou
Cardinals pass on both PP & Von for Gabbert. They go for biggest need (QB) instead of BPA. Gabbert will make Fitz happy and hopefully provide a spark in their HORRIBLE passing offense.

6. Browns – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Browns are swiching to 4-3, they need front 7 help bad. Fairley, when motivated, is an elite force. Just what the Browns need to enhance that front 7.

7. 49ers – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Perfect pick for the 49ers. Peterson will replace Clements, Clements may get replaced so the 49ers can shred some of that salary.

8. Titans – Aldon Smith, DE, Mizzou
Another slight reach, but Aldon Smith has shown some great potential. He’s bulking up and has proved he’s a great pass rusher… now he needs to stay healthy. Hard to pass on Von, but the Titans have a bigger need at DL than OLB.

9. Cowboys – Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
Von gets to play for his favorite team. In need of another pass rusher, the Cowboys hit the jackpot. Von and Ware will be a deadly pass rushing duo.

10. Redskins – Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
Phil is my surprise player in this years draft. My Tyson Alualu per say. The Redskins have a huge need at NT and Taylor could land here. If the Redskins want him, they could trade down. But I don’t like trades in my mocks.

11. Texans – J.J. Watt, DE, Wisc
Texans need some more 3-4 guys to help their switch to the new defense. Hard to pass on Amukamara considering their pass D was horrible last year. But JJ is a force.

12. Vikings – Anthony Castonzo, OT, BC
Castonzo is a more developed OT than Tyron Smith IMO. Castonzo can start Week 1. I don’t see the Vikings drafting a QB, I think they like Webb and can also land a Kevin Kolb or McNabb type of player.

13. Lions – Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
Doesn’t get any better than this for the Lions.

14. Rams – Julio Jones
And doesn’t get any better than this for the Rams.

15. Dolphins – Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Lot of talk about the ‘Fins and Mallett, I don’t think they fit well. Locker is an athlete, though he struggles with his accuracy. Henne plays a lot like Mallett, and look how’s that working. Locker could be the key the ‘Fins need.

16. Jaguars – Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
One of the most underrated players in the draft class, falls to #16 for the Jags to gobble up. Great fit and selection for the Jags.

17. Patriots – Cameron Jordan, DE, California
Beefing up the Patriots front line, as well as adding some youth.

18. Chargers – Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple
Chargers D-Line struggled last year with on and off play.

19. Giants – Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
Ayers pro day helped improve his horrible combine. Giants need LB help, Bulluck is older than old.

20. Bucs – DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Two words: Bum Knee. Bowers, who could be a beast if his knee is healthy, falls all the way to #20. Bucs take a change and hope he stays healthy.

21. Chiefs – Justin Houston, OLB, UGA
Hali could leave in FA, I doubt he will. Vrabel doesn’t have much left in the tank. Houston provides another pass rushing force.

22. Colts – Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
Watkins can come in and start day 1 for the Colts. #1 mission for the Colts is too keep Manning on his feet as he ages.

23. Eagles – Tyron Smith, OT, USC
High potential, but very raw still. Eagles can develop him into a star OT.

24. Saints – Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
A lot of DL talent in this years draft. Saints don’t have any HUGE needs, but you can always improve your DL.

25. Seattle – Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
Hasselbeck may return; plus they just traded for Whitehurst. I don’t see Carroll drafting a QB, instead I see him trying to improve his OL. Hasselbeck may have another year or 2 in the tank.

26. Ravens – Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
Another player from the U goes to Baltimore! Ravens have one weakness in their D, and it’s CB. Harris should help with that!

27. Falcons – Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
Not the greatest fit, Heyward may need to lose some weight. But he could be a force as a 4-3 DE.

28. Patriots – Brooks Reed, OLB, ‘Zona
How do the Patriots get so many picks? Reed just adds to the youth D the Patriots are building.

29. Bears – Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
Bears need an OL, like they need every year, but they never take OL. Liuget will replace Tommy Harris who got released.

30. Jets – Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
Rex Ryan loves him some defense!

31. Steelers – Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
McFadden is terrible. ‘Nuff said

32. Packers – Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisc
Packers need to protect AR15, he’s had some concussion problems recently.

2nd round:

33. Patriots – Mark Ingram, RB, ‘Bama
Not a huge need for the Pats, but Mark is too good to pass up.

34. Buffalo – Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
What a great 2nd round selection. Equivalent to the Rams landing Saffold last year.

35. Bengals – Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Palmer isn't bluffing, Bengals need a QB. Dalton has on the skills to be an elite QB, with no character problems.

36. Broncos – Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
Both Bronco safeties are 30+, Dawkins will probably retire (or needs too).

37. Browns – Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
Again, Browns don't really have 43 DL personel. Sheard will fit the DE job..

38. Cardinals – Derrick Sherrod, OL, Miss St
Tempting to take Mallett or Martez Wilson. But Cardinals OL has been horrible. Plus, I think they'll land a vet QB like Kolb or Bulger.

39. Titans – Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Great pick-up and the future QB of the Titans.

40. Cowboys – Aaron Williams, CB/S, Texas.
Cowboys pass D struggled last year. Aaron could compete at CB or S.

41. Redskins – Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St
Ponder, if healthy, could be the best QB in this draft. He fits what I believe Shanahan is looking for in a QB.

42. Texans – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
True compliment WR to pair with Andre.

43. Vikings – Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon St
Vikings “Williams Wall” may be coming to an end. Kennedy is a decent backup, but nothing great.

44. Lions – Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
Lions don’t have an impact player throughout their LBs, Martez could be their guy.

45. 49ers – Sam Acho, OLB
They missed out on a decent “west-coast” QB, however they can still upgrade their OLB.

46. Broncos – Christian Ballard, DT, Iowa
Adding 43 personnel to the Broncos.

47. Rams – Bruce Carter, OLB, NC
Rams OLB were terrible last year. Bruce needs to get healthy though.

48. Raiders – Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
Jason Campbell had an up and down year. Colin has spead and a great arm. Plus, it’s Al Davis.

49. Jaguars – Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
MSW is likely leaving, Hankerson will fill that void (easily)

50. Chargers – Rodney Hudson, G, Florida St
Hudson is normally project late 1, early 2nd. Good value pickup for Chargers.

51. Bucs - Marcus Cannon, OL, TCU
Basically the same comment as Hudson.

52. Giants – Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn St
O’Hara is getting old. Plus Stefen could play at G, good depth until he takes over C.

53. Colts –Marvin Austin, DT, UNC
Marvin should have it EZ with the Colts DE.

54. Eagles – Ras-I Dowling, CB, UVA
Hobbs may never play again. Good depth for Eagles.

55. Chiefs – Jon Baldwin, WR, Pitt
Solid #2 option with Bowe. Baldwin has “big play” ability.

56. Saints –Orlando Franklin, OG, Miami
Not a huge need for the Saints. BPA.

57. Seattle – Ben Ijalana, OG, Villanova
Well shucks, all the QBs are gone. Maybe Hasselbeck gets another year, and they draft a Rd1 QB next year. Ijalana provides extra OL help.

58. Ravens – Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
What a great value pick! Housh is probably gone. Mason may retire. Stallworth isn't anything great. They need WR help with Boldin, Smith is just the guy!

59. Falcons – Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
Too good to pass up. Perfect Tony G replacement.

60. Patriots – William Rackley, OL, LeHigh
Good depth, or potential starter if Mankins leaves.

61. Chargers – Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton
Chargers need an upgrade at the nose, Kenrick is a BIG boy.

62. Bears - Clint Boling, OL, UGA
Bears need OL help, that's their biggest need. Most of the good OL prospects are gone, Boling will do though.

63. Steelers – Quinton Carter, FS, Oklahoma
Steelers don’t have a lot of glaring needs. Carter is a decent pickup.

64. Packers – Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
Woodson is getting up their in age. Tramon is a monster, but depth doesn’t hurt anything.

Vaylor
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Love the two second round picks. Though I believe that Houston @ #17 and Carimi @ #28 would be better fits.

Seasonticketholder
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Kenrick Ellis is a better player available for the Saints than Orlando Franklin. If we were going by BPA, then Kyle Rudolph would rank higher than both of them though I think Ellis would be the likely pick. In the first, I still believe that Ingram gets taken over Clayborn though I do know that they like Clayborn.

jCut
04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Replace Rahim Moore with Paea and I would be happy with that Denver draft. I'm not saying the Broncos are set at safety, but they do have McBath and Bruton behind Dawkins and Hill, so I don't think the need is as pressing as others. I don't mind the Quinn pick at all, but I'm pretty sure he would play DE.

wicket
04-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Kenrick Ellis is a better player available for the Saints than Orlando Franklin. If we were going by BPA, then Kyle Rudolph would rank higher than both of them though I think Ellis would be the likely pick. In the first, I still believe that Ingram gets taken over Clayborn though I do know that they like Clayborn.

htis, outside of the ingram thing, which will not and must not happen, I just dont see how you give us Franklin, he isnt even the most talented guard left on the board

GoRavens
04-18-2011, 06:28 PM
reed over harris

STsACE
04-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Fairley and Sheard for the Browns, yuck.

Fairley has issues (stating he won't play for cold weather team for one, being late to meetings and only seemed to turn it on when he could be looking at a big payday.....don't want). Sheard is being labeled as his ceiling is hit, no growth. Wouldn't mind if he slipped to 4th as he'd be great value there, too risky for early 2nd rounder on a team that needs talented players that can grow together.

Give us PP and Paea.

rawdawg
04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Looks like a Packers fan mock. Carimi won't get past the Bears. Mike Tice literally loves the guy.

49erNation85
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Dam skins steeling Ponder!Other then that solid 49ers pick for who is BPA.Probably would choose Stanzi as our QB then in round 4.

Babylon
04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Two guards for the Seahawks in the first two rounds, dont see it happening.

Phil Taylor to the Redskins at #10, doesnt he have a medical issue? At least they are assuring themselves that they will be in contention for the #1 pick next year.

farfromforgotten
04-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Torrey Smith goes twice - 42 & 58.

Pat Sims 90
04-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Solid Bengals Mock.

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Heyward, Reed, Liugit, Carimi, or even Jimmy Smith over Brandon Harris in the 1st please.

akvikefan89
04-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Paea in the second is great, but Castanzo > Amukamara is just a terrible fail...

Hermstheman83
04-18-2011, 10:26 PM
First off, there's no way in HELL Tamba leaves for free agency. They franchised him with both parties looking for a long term deal. I can see us drafting an OLB, and he would be my first choice(assuming kerrigan is gone). However, I highly doubt Baldwin is our KC's list. Yes, we need a WR, but I doubt we draft the guy who's been compared to TO for his personality. I think if you went with a NT in the second. Say...Kendrick Ellis or Powe it would be a realistic draft. I know a lot of my fellow KC fans love Phil taylor, but I don't think he's that clogging hole NT we're looking for.
I think Pioli would rather reach for a guy he's pretty confident in than take a guy who he knows is going to be a headache on a young team like KC.

Just my two cents, pretty good draft big guy.

T-RICH49
04-18-2011, 11:08 PM
love the first pick but Ellis in RD 2 please.NT is a major weakness

xpmar9x
04-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Torrey Smith goes twice - 42 & 58.

haha whoops. I'm too lazy to change it haha

zachsaints52
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Haha giving us a OG in the 2nd when we have two of the Top 5 OGs in the league? Hahahahhahahahahahahaha

xpmar9x
04-19-2011, 08:57 AM
lol this mock is pretty bad, and it's mine. haha

DiG
04-19-2011, 08:59 AM
im sorry but no way the skins are taking taylor at 10 over watt and cam jordan if we go DL.

StrikeAnywhere
04-19-2011, 10:01 AM
If Dareus is off the board and we are passing on Fairley at #2 then the pick at 36 absolutely has to be Paea. We need 2 starting calibur DTs out of this draft, no and's if's or but's about it.

leroyisgod
04-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I won't complain with my Boys taking Von Miller @ 9, but I just don't see it happening. I don't see him slipping past the Cardinals @ 5. And if he does, the Browns will ignore the needs on the DL and take him.

thebow305
04-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Locker is a great pick for Miami!