PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see Michael Smith on Sportcenter?

Jagonsucker
03-22-2007, 07:57 PM
He said that Martz and Marinelli went to interview Quinn today. He said it's likely that we will take Quinn with the number 2 pick in the Draft. He also said another prospect Detroit is seriously considering is Calvin Johnson. I honestly don't know what to think. At first i wanted Detroit to trade down but taking Johnson would make our offense amazing. Quinn is a decent prospect but I dont think we should take a QB with it, i'd rather have a Stanton or Edwards. Say we don't trade down, we could still draft a guy like Buster Davis in the 3rd round who is a solid MLB prospect. One things for sure, this draft is gonna be crazy

JoeMontainya
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
There interviewing Quinn to try and convince teams that want him that they have to trade up. Besides, noone is concerned with Quinn on Detroit with that OL, he wont be a threat.

WMD
03-22-2007, 08:06 PM
What? So if we pick Brady Quinn, we're stuck with this same OL for his entire career?

Notredameleo
03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
I would honestly be happy with Quinn, Johnson, or a trade down. I know that i do not want Adams at number 2. I'm also not a fan of Thomas, but i wouldnt be upset if we did draft him at 2

JoeMontainya
03-22-2007, 08:25 PM
What? So if we pick Brady Quinn, we're stuck with this same OL for his entire career?

Why not? You havent done squat with it for this long? Why not just draft Thomas?

mgoblue
03-22-2007, 08:28 PM
anyone but quinn, please let this be a smokescreen.

Scotty D
03-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Why not? You havent done squat with it for this long? Why not just draft Thomas?

Becuase he doesn't really fit in with our line.

Newbs24
03-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Micael Smith is a HORRIBLE insider. This dude does not know how to find the pulse on the NFL. I wouldn't get too worried about this terrible rumor.

jbombul
03-22-2007, 10:46 PM

oh and ur browns line is awesome with the 18 different centers u used last year? sorry i forgot

asmitty45
03-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Honestly i want as many rumors to build up as possible i want one insider thinking we've got a deal done with CJ, Quinn and JThomas. All these rumors are doing is helping out the lions bcuz it can drive up the reasonable asking price, and as we all know draft day trades are usually in favor of the team trading down (e.g. our trade with the browns for Roy). Hopefully we can use these rumors as momentum and pull off a blockbuster deal and end up with PWillie

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Honestly i want as many rumors to build up as possible i want one insider thinking we've got a deal done with CJ, Quinn and JThomas. All these rumors are doing is helping out the lions bcuz it can drive up the reasonable asking price, and as we all know draft day trades are usually in favor of the team trading down (e.g. our trade with the browns for Roy). Hopefully we can use these rumors as momentum and pull off a blockbuster deal and end up with PWillieExxxxactly.

asmitty just laid it down... spoke the truth. The more they think we'll take CJ/Quinn, the more they'll want to trade up to secure one. Quinn especially... we can find someone to trade up for CJ, but if Oakland drafts him, and everyone thinks we want Quinn, it gives us more pull in the situation.

sakmaster1590
03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
You guys can believe what ever you want to believe but the fact of the matter is no one has a freakin' idea what the Lions are going to do with that #2 pick. So, what someone believes to be fact, someone else beleives it to be a smoke screen and vice versa.

Addict
03-23-2007, 04:36 PM
You guys can believe what ever you want to believe but the fact of the matter is no one has a freakin' idea what the Lions are going to do with that #2 pick. So, what someone believes to be fact, someone else beleives it to be a smoke screen and vice versa.

Wow. You genius. Of course we don't have a clue, we are DISCUSSING to figure it out. That's the POINT of an internet forum.

TacticaLion
03-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow. You genius. Of course we don't have a clue, we are DISCUSSING to figure it out. That's the POINT of an internet forum.Hehe. I keep saying that to people... at times, they just don't get it.

"Hey... STOP DISCUSSING POSSIBILITIES!" Ah well. He's new... we'll give him a few posts to adjust.

DeMonikk1
03-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Wow. You genius. Of course we don't have a clue, we are DISCUSSING to figure it out. That's the POINT of an internet forum.

Hahahahaha, awesome...I was thinking the same thing.

No soup for you!!!

And for the record, Michael Smith is an extremely large womens vaginal cleansing product.

TacticaLion
03-24-2007, 10:11 AM

No soup for you!!!

And for the record, Michael Smith is an extremely large womens vaginal cleansing product.

Actually, I like Michael Smith... he's funny on Around the Horn.

I just don't rely on him for the most accurate information.

Addict
03-24-2007, 11:00 AM

No soup for you!!!

Is it a big cleansing product or a big womens vagina?

And... is there such a thing as a man's vagina? Mangina?

I'm confused here.

DeMonikk1
03-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Translation= he is a gigantic douchebag when it comes to insider info.