PDA

View Full Version : Patriot's HoF voting

Nandoss
04-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I know it doesn't mean much but I was just curious on how the fellows around here feel about it.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=generalnewsdetail&pid=48161

Jon Morris was elected. Up for voting by fans they have Parcells and Bledsoe for the first time and Houston Antwine.

I think Bledsoe will take this fairly easy.

FlyingElvis
04-19-2011, 10:45 AM
I think Bledsoe will run away with it. Parcells is too prickly and left for the Jets, of all places. Antwine is not likely to overcome the Bledsoe love, especially since the average online-going-voter probably wasn't even alive when the guy played.

Nandoss
04-19-2011, 06:57 PM
I think Bledsoe will run away with it. Parcells is too prickly and left for the Jets, of all places. Antwine is not likely to overcome the Bledsoe love, especially since the average online-going-voter probably wasn't even alive when the guy played.

Do you think that the way Parcells left will prevent him from ever getting into the Pats fans graces again?
I was thinking about this and personally I don't care, he did a good job here and he probably should be in the Pats HoF, if Billy Sullivan is there, then he certainly should also. But I'm not sure most fans feel that way.

FlyingElvis
04-20-2011, 10:13 AM
I don't think he should be there. He coached for 3 years. He did a great job helping to turn the franchise around but that's just not long enough (or successful enough, frankly) for him to get in.

Billy Sullivan started the Patriots franchise as the original owner/founder of the AFL Boston Patriots and owned the team for 2 decades. I don't see how there's even a remote comparison to Parcells. I'm certain the founder deserves a spot in the Franchise HOF.

descendency
04-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Parcells just didn't do much for the Patriots. In 3 years, he did a lot, but it was 3 years. Drew Bledsoe was the face of the franchise for a decade and is one of the more dis-respected QBs during that period. If he had a star on his helmet, he'd have won 6+ super bowls.