PDA

View Full Version : JFLO's Second to Last Mock

JFLO
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
This is one I kinda played with a little bit and there are a couple trades.

Also, if you don't like a pick, give me a legit reason why.

Trades (just assume they work, I don't feel like going to deep into it)

Tampa Bay trades #20 and whatever else to Washington for #10

Philadelphia trades #23 and whatever else to Miami for #15

Tennesse trades 2012 #1 and whatever else to Seattle for #25

Also, not to in-depth explanations

2011 NFL Mock Draft

1. Carolina Panthers - - Cam Newton // Quarterback // Auburn
- Seems to be the odds on favorite for the pick at this point.

2. Denver Broncos - - Von Miller // Outside Linebacker // Texas A&M
- I'm a firm believer that this will end up being the pick, best pass rusher in the draft and that's what this team wants.

3. Buffalo Bills - - Marcell Dareus // Defensive Lineman // Alabama
- Dream scenario for Chan Gailey and crew.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - - Patrick Peterson // Defensive Back // Louisiana State
- If Julio Jones is above A.J. Green on Cincy's big board, then Peterson has to be above Julio.

5. Arizona Cardinals - - Blaine Gabbert // Quarterback // Missouri
- Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for this pick to be walked to the podium.

6. Cleveland Browns - - A.J. Green // Wide Receiver // Georgia
- The team is slowly on the rise and adding Green will only further the development of Colt McCoy.

7. San Francisco 49ers - - Robert Quinn // Defensive End // North Carolina
- Manny Lawson's time is up, Quinn is raw but simply oozes potential and shows the right development so far to be a stud in the NFL.

8. Tennessee Titans - - Nick Fairley // Defensive Tackle // Auburn
- I question the actual possibility of this pick and I could see Fairly dropping somewhat significantly next Thursday.

9. Dallas Cowboys - - Aldon Smith // Defensive End // Missouri
- Sort of going out on a limb on this one but I can't imagine what goes through Jerry Jones' mind when he sees Smith opposite side of Demarcus Ware. Besides, Anthony Spencer's time is rumored to be up.

10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Washington) - - Cameron Jordan // Defensive End // California
- Washington will most likely trade back and Tampa Bay is dying to grab one of the top defensive ends in this class.

11. Houston Texans - - Prince Amukamara // Cornerback // Nebraska
- I think Houston would rather have Aldon Smith but they really need help at cornerback, still.

12. Minnesota Vikings - - Tyron Smith // Offensive Tackle // Southern California
- Another bit of a weird pick here but the team has more depth at end than most perceive while Mt. McKinnie is on the serious decline of his career while Phil Loadholt has been up and down since his rookie year.

13. Detroit Lions - - Da’Quan Bowers // Defensive End // Clemson
- This is a no brainer, if you ask me. Putting an underrated Bowers along side guys like Suh and Avril will instantly make them one of the best D-Lines in the league.

14. St. Louis Rams - - Julio Jones // Wide Receiver // Alabama
- Another no brainer, plain and simple.

15. Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami) - - Jimmy Smith // Defensive Back // Colorado
- Philly is in love with Smith and I'm going along with the reports and traits of Andy Reid trading up for the guy he wants.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - - J.J. Watt // Defensive End // Wisconsin
- I'm second guessing this pick but what the hell.

17. New England Patriots (from Oakland) - - Brooks Reed // Outside Linebacker // Arizona
- Reed is this year's Alualu and will end up being a possible Top 15 pick when it's all said and done.

18. San Diego Chargers - - Muhammad Wilkerson // Defensive Lineman // Temple
- Typical run of the mill 3-4 5 Tech to San Diego selection.

19. New York Giants - - Mike Pouncey // Guard // Florida
- Pouncey is overrated and is feeding off his brother but he'll end up being taken Top 20.

20. Washington Redskins - - Christian Ponder // Quarterback // Florida State
- I'm having a sneaky feeling that Ponder will end up with the Redskins one way or the other and it will most likely be by trade.

21. Kansas City Chiefs - - Anthony Castonzo // Offensive Tackle // Boston College
- I question this pick too, but the team needs to start adding more vital pieces to the team now that they have reached the playoffs, a la, offensive lineman.

22. Indianapolis Colts - - Corey Liuget // Defensive Tackle // Illinois
- Liuget, mistake or not haha, fell a bit. I feel like he's a much better prospect than #22 but he fits Indy's system very well.

23. Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia) - - Ryan Mallett // Quarterback // Arkansas
- The team is in shambles, no matter what anyone says and they need to start from the ground up. Sparano and company are rumored to really like Mallett and will pick him if he's here.

24. New Orleans Saints - - Adrian Clayborn // Defensive End // Iowa
- A little bit of a surprise here but Clayborn is tough as nails and fits in perfectly with the team's defense and attitude.

25. Tennessee Titans (from Seattle) - - Jake Locker // Quarterback // Washington
- Seems strange that Seattle would trade the pick to Tennesse so that they could take the hometown boy, but Seattle looks like they're trying to trade out of the 1st round. Plus, it ironically makes sense if Locker turns out to be good, whatever.

26. Baltimore Ravens - - Brandon Harris // Cornerback // Miami (FL)
- The defense is old, especially in the back seven. Harris is tremendously underrated and will be a stud for years.

27. Atlanta Falcons - - Kyle Rudolph // Tight End // Notre Dame
- Give Rudolph one year under Tony Gonzalez and it will be like he never retired.

28. New England Patriots - - Cameron Heyward // Defensive End // Ohio State
- A defensive draft for the Pats, even though I think they'll continue to trade back in drafts this year, I just didn't know who they would trade with.

29. Chicago Bears - - Gabe Carimi // Offensive Tackle // Wisconsin
- The team needs to protect Jay Cutler or else they're finished.

30. New York Jets - - Ryan Kerrigan // Defensive End // Purdue
- Kerrigan is the opposite of Vernon Gholston, a player that actually knows what to do.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers - - Derek Sherrod // Offensive Tackle // Mississippi State
- Slide Willie Colon inside or just let him go, regardless the team needs to add some youth to the offensive line.

32. Green Bay Packers - - Mark Ingram // Running Back // Alabama
- May be the biggest stretch of my mock, but Ingram fits the team in a lot of ways while Ryan Grant needs to stay healthy and James Starks may be nothing but a journeyman.

Alright that's it, let the flak come.

TNPatsFan
04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Oh dear Lord I'm glad you're not picking for the Patriots. Brooks Reed at 17? That's like two full rounds before he should go. Thankfully BB will in reality have at least 10 of the guys you have going after Reed rated higher. At least you made up for it a little bit with Heyward at 28.

JFLO
04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't mind making a bet with you that Brooks Reed goes in the 1st round. Not money of course, but I'm sure other people around this forum and NFL scouts would like to join in as well.

TNPatsFan
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd be happy to bet in return that he won't go at 17 to the Patriots.

Pat Sims 90
04-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Peterson does not make sense because they want to keep Joseph and will try to after the CBA is reached and the Marvin Lewis does not value Safety position that much.

AJ Green would be a much better pick.

BradysKnee
04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
I'd be happy to bet in return that he won't go at 17 to the Patriots.

Yeah no chance at 17. MAYBE 28, maybe.

gpngc
04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
25. Tennessee Titans (from Seattle) - - Jake Locker // Quarterback // Washington
- Seems strange that Seattle would trade the pick to Tennesse so that they could take the hometown boy, but Seattle looks like they're trying to trade out of the 1st round. Plus, it ironically makes sense if Locker turns out to be good, whatever.

Love it. Would not be surprised at all.

Babylon
04-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Love it. Would not be surprised at all.

I wouldnt be surprised either but i dont like it, let me know how that 27 year old guard they take in the second round turns out.

If Locker is there they'll take him, they'd look like fools if they didnt. Dont expect him to be on the board much after the 10th pick

Pitt
04-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh dear Lord I'm glad you're not picking for the Patriots. Brooks Reed at 17? That's like two full rounds before he should go. Thankfully BB will in reality have at least 10 of the guys you have going after Reed rated higher. At least you made up for it a little bit with Heyward at 28.

BB in reality won't be picking at 17.

akvikefan89
04-19-2011, 07:04 PM
I think the Vikings go QB at #12, but I think Tyron Smith is a very realistic pick if he is there, and I would like it (as long as we get a QB in round 2).

STsACE
04-19-2011, 07:49 PM
As a Michigan fan, I find it ironic that the guy to take over when Henne left UM when Rich Rod was hired is the same guy who is going to quite possibly be in the exact same position in Miami.

Menardo75
04-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Love the Niner pick.

Seasonticketholder
04-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I could see Clayborn being the pick for the Saints. They like him. They also like Ingram. Tough call there. They could very well take Clayborn, and maybe try to trade up for Ingram if he falls into the second. Or they could just take Clayborn and add a guy like Taiwan Jones with their second third (who would fill a need at RB and, more importantly, at KR).

Me Likey Rookies
04-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Since we would have to give up a 2nd to move up for Jordan, Id rather stay at 20 and take Clayborn. Jordan is a great prospect but hes not that edge rusher we desperately need. Id do it for Quinn though.

ChicagoBearsVet23
04-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Perfect Bears pick

gpngc
04-19-2011, 10:17 PM
I wouldnt be surprised either but i dont like it, let me know how that 27 year old guard they take in the second round turns out.

If Locker is there they'll take him, they'd look like fools if they didnt. Dont expect him to be on the board much after the 10th pick

You think it is a LOCK that Pete Carroll bets his second NFL chance on a QB who he recruited to play safety in the Pac-10?

T-RICH49
04-19-2011, 10:49 PM
ughhh TERRIBLE Chiefs pick.Phil Taylor instead

49erNation85
04-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Solid Sf pick.I wouldn't hate it but hoping for PP.

Babylon
04-19-2011, 11:30 PM
You think it is a LOCK that Pete Carroll bets his second NFL chance on a QB who he recruited to play safety in the Pac-10?

Well i didnt use the word lock to be fair. As for Pete recruiting Jake to play safety he wasnt a thrower in highschool (not sure that is relevant to what he is now) and USC already had Mark Sanchez, add to that Carroll knew Locker was going to the UW, that wasnt a secret.

I think we've had this discussion before about him being recruited as a safety can we not go over it again.

AntoinCD
04-20-2011, 02:40 AM
If, and that's a big IF, the Patriots take an OLB prospect in the middle of the first round he will be a complete prospect who can play in Belichick's system on all three downs. They look for bigger OLBs who can first and foremost set the edge in the running game but also drop into coverage if it is a pass. When it comes to pass rushing they need to be able to work through their gaps and also play contain. Brooks Reed is a smaller pass rushing DE convert and has shown no previous of coverage abilities. He may be considered in the second round if he falls but he will not be the pick at 17. I would almost gaurantee that.

Heyward is good though

CheeseKnuckles
04-20-2011, 07:48 AM
I don't like the Packers pick at all... but with that being said if Mark Ingram is rated high on TT board it wouldn't be suprising to me to see him be picked there if he falls to 32.

I think the Packers might look to trade out of the 1st for a swap of 2nd rd picks with a 3rd or 4th rd pick with it.

TheMatriculator
04-20-2011, 09:14 AM
ughhh TERRIBLE Chiefs pick.Phil Taylor instead

Let me expand on this a little bit. While the Chiefs improved from 30th overall in yards allowed in 2009 to 14th overall in 2010 they still had trouble stopping the run allowing an average of 4.3 yards per carry. They particularly had trouble with teams that could run between the tackles. San Diego ran for 207 yards and 4.8 yards per carry in week No. 14, Oakland hit the Chiefs for 209 yards and 5.6 yards per carry in week 17 and finally 142 yards on 40 carries to the Ravens in the playoffs. They really need an NT to handle the center and control the A gaps.

To make matters worse, the Chiefs do not currently have ANY NT under contract and no matter what the new CBA looks like, both of the current NTs (Ron Edwards and Shaun Smith, neither of whom are true NTs) will undoubtedly be UFAs.

vidae
04-20-2011, 10:00 AM
I'd be pissed if the Chiefs passed on both Phil Taylor and Ryan Kerrigan to take Castonzo. At least give us Carimi. Ugh.

Nalej
04-20-2011, 11:00 AM
The other Pats fans have said it... Reed at 17 is a reach and a half.
Replace him with Kerrigan and I'd love the first round.
C.Heyward is my dream pick for our 5-tech of the future

wicket
04-20-2011, 11:19 AM
I dont think claiborne was suprising until i saw kerrigan was still on the board, kerrigan please