PDA

View Full Version : NFL Schedule out.

asdf1223
04-19-2011, 06:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive?module=HP_cp3

As a Seahawk fan I have no idea why we have 2 primetime games. This team is going to be awful. To put it on Thursday and Monday where we cant be flexed is just even worse. Maybe the NFL realizes there's no chance of Football this year.

Smash28Dash34
04-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I just wish the panthers would have gotten just 1 primetime game. All our games are 1:00 starts except for our homeopener, which is a 4:15 start. Plus on top of that we have the hardest ranked schedule. I could easily see the panthers picking 1st again.

T-RICH49
04-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Chiefs @ Pats on MNF is what I already have circled.Pats original vs Pats Jr

V.I.P
04-19-2011, 06:40 PM
yayyy 3 national televized games !!!

Hines
04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I LOVE opening up against Baltimore. The first week of the season is going to be a good one with great rivalry games and playoff type games.

Nandoss
04-19-2011, 06:49 PM
I understand the interest in seeing Pats chiefs because of personnel and so on, but how come Pats @ Steelers isn't the Monday night game? I know it seems to happen every year, much like Colts x Pats (It's almost like they never left the division) but it has much more appeal.

CashmoneyDrew
04-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Tits = 2-14 with that schedule. Here we come Andrew Luck!

Pat Sims 90
04-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Surprise no prime time games for the Bengals. They have one of the easier schedules in the NFL. They should at least win 6 games this year as long as they address the QB position in this draft and no body will have to worry about Andrew Luck going to Cincy.

keylime_5
04-19-2011, 08:00 PM
yeah, browns have a pretty easy schedule on paper too. Compared to that gauntlet we had last year it's a breathe of fresh air. hopefully Colt is for real so we can finally win some games. With out luck it will be in a year that has only like 8 games.

Splat
04-19-2011, 08:01 PM
Bring it Bills.

Brothgar
04-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm confused why the hell are the Lions playing Dallas?

Dallas finished last in the division (thus have the #9 overall pick as oppose to the 10th overall pick)
So why aren't they playing the Vikings?

Grizzlegom
04-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Harbaugh Bowl on Thanksgiving night is AWESOME.

asdf1223
04-19-2011, 08:54 PM

Dallas finished last in the division (thus have the #9 overall pick as oppose to the 10th overall pick)

Dallas and Detroit both finished 3rd in their divisions. Draft order looks at SOS. Division tie breaking looks at head to head, record vs division and so on.http://www.nfl.com/standings

niel89
04-19-2011, 08:55 PM

I'm super pumped for that game!

V.I.P
04-19-2011, 08:56 PM
3 out of our last 11 are home games. WTF ???

J-Mike88
04-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Surprise no prime time games for the Bengals..Are you serious?

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
04-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Hard to believe the colts schedule is only the 5th hardest. At saints, at patriots and at ravens. Woof

Me Likey Rookies
04-19-2011, 10:09 PM
3 out of our last 11 are home games. WTF ???

well we just need to get off to a fast start with all those home games then.

i love the Colts MNF rematch from 8 years ago. Hopefully Freeman lets us forget about that terrible terrible game.

gpngc
04-19-2011, 10:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive?module=HP_cp3

As a Seahawk fan I have no idea why we have 2 primetime games. This team is going to be awful. To put it on Thursday and Monday where we cant be flexed is just even worse. Maybe the NFL realizes there's no chance of Football this year.

Obviously the NFL knows we are trading for Kolb. Hence the Philly matchup.

Pat Sims 90
04-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Are you serious?

No i am not i was joking

Bengalsrocket
04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I feel like once I say this, people are going to think I'm only saying it because the Bengals didn't get any prime time games, but I actually prefer 1 o'clock games on Sunday. I don't have anything going on Sundays and it's much more relaxing.

Games on Monday night are a hassle for me. Trying to schedule work around it, or rushing home, especially on possibly the worst day of the week for me is just not ideal.

Plus, the Bengals never perform well when the pressure is on (well.. they never really perform well period, but they're exceptionally bad when the fans are counting on them).

Go go easy schedule and relaxed play times!

stephenson86
04-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Panthers with the hardest schedule lol.

stephenson86
04-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Tits = 2-14 with that schedule. Here we come Andrew Luck!

No way in hell we go that bad. We can beat the Texans and Jags once at least, we can beat the Bills, Panthers, Broncos, Bengals as well...we could for sure get 6 wins. Especially with Ponder at the helm.

TheFinisher
04-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Cowboys @ Jets on 9/11? Definitely going to that.

Dez vs Revis :)

vidae
04-20-2011, 09:58 AM
Chiefs with 3 primetime games during the regular season! One on Halloween (against the Chargers).. one on MNF (against the Steelers) and then the very next week we have a MNF game against the Pats @ Foxboro. Tough schedule but exciting as a fan.

Smooth Criminal
04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
I love opening at Baltimore, but having 3 of our primetime games on the road sucks. I love going to the primetime games at home.

Pretty tough looking start with trips to Baltimore, Indy, and Houston early, but it definitely looks pretty weak at the end.

MidwestJimmy
04-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I just wish the panthers would have gotten just 1 primetime game.

You expect a 2-14 team to get a night game? The closest you will come to that is if the NFL Network replays one of their games, if you can finally play somebody close enough.

I'm actually being easy on you. If you were asking for a Panthers primetime game on CBSsports (where I post most often) they would have ripped you apart.

Grizzlegom
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Too bad the Broncos and Panthers don't face each other. Tebow vs. Newton would be fun to watch just for the heck of it.

_YL_
04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm gonna try my best to make it out to Denver for the Oakland MNG

Honestly the Raiders have no excuses there schedule is not that hard and the NFL gave them a easy first two opponents just gotta take advantage of it.

Bengalsrocket
04-20-2011, 12:44 PM

You expect a 2-14 team to get a night game? The closest you will come to that is if the NFL Network replays one of their games, if you can finally play somebody close enough.

I'm actually being easy on you. If you were asking for a Panthers primetime game on CBSsports (where I post most often) they would have ripped you apart.

To bad he didn't say he expected it, he merely wished it.

Smash28Dash34
04-20-2011, 01:35 PM

Yea I know I'm stretching it wishing for them to have gotten 1 game. I would have even settled for a thurs night game. I know any 2-14 team probably is not the most deserving of a primetime game, but when your team is that bad you just look for that one glimmer of hope on the schedule to look forward too. I mean we all know, no matter what direction this team goes in the draft this year, will most likely be picking top 5 again next year.

MidwestJimmy
04-20-2011, 01:51 PM
...when your team is that bad you just look for that one glimmer of hope on the schedule to look forward too.

How about the games when the Panthers wear light blue uniforms? I like those jerseys with the silver helmets. That's about all there is in Charlotte this year.

I forgot about Thursday nights. Pretty much anybody can get on there. They have pretty bad games on Thursdays. An exception is a NFL-N game I saw between the Ravens and Falcons -- a great game between two good teams. NBC and ESPN were probably pissed about not getting that one, especially after it was played.

yodabear
04-20-2011, 02:33 PM
The Monday Night schedule is pretty wacky. However, I LOVE that the Rams have two of them. Sucks that both of them are on the road. And the Rams have the 26th hardest schedule but man its tough.

Eagles (NFC East Champs)
Giants (Super Bowl 36(?) Champs)
Ravens (Playoff Team)
Redskins (Well, whew haha)
BYE
Packers (Super Bowl 40)
Cowboys (Tough if Romo is healthy)
Saints (Damn, do we ever play the NFC West? Haha
If we can go 2-5 or 3-4 in that, I will be estatic. Thats right, if we are 2-5 through 7 games I will be happy. Cuz then.....

Cardinals
Browns
Seahawks
Cardinals again
49ers
Seahawks again
Bengals
That has to be 5-2 or 6-1 stretch! And its very doable

Then we got the Steelers on Christmas Eve. Yeah merry ******* Christmas to you too Mr. Schedule maker, GO **** YOURSELF!

And then the 49ers.
1-1

We should finish 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6 and win the NFC West!

Smash28Dash34
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
...when your team is that bad you just look for that one glimmer of hope on the schedule to look forward too.

How about the games when the Panthers wear light blue uniforms? I like those jerseys with the silver helmets. That's about all there is in Charlotte this year.

I forgot about Thursday nights. Pretty much anybody can get on there. They have pretty bad games on Thursdays. An exception is a NFL-N game I saw between the Ravens and Falcons -- a great game between two good teams. NBC and ESPN were probably pissed about not getting that one, especially after it was played.

Those blue unis are one of the best alternates in football. It would be great if we could wear them more than twice a year. Call me crazy, but I still think a thursday night game would not have been too much to ask for. Week 15 against the Texans for example would have been perfect. I can understand why we don't have any though, under Fox we were probably one of the hardest teams to watch. What other team runs the ball on 3rd and 10 that is not picking in the top 10.

Brothgar
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Dallas and Detroit both finished 3rd in their divisions. Draft order looks at SOS. Division tie breaking looks at head to head, record vs division and so on.http://www.nfl.com/standings

LAME! I really didn't want to play dallas this year. I'd be much happier with the Lions and skins playing.

MidwestJimmy
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
What other team runs the ball on 3rd and 10 that is not picking in the top 10.

Years ago the Panthers killed the Rams in a playoff game (the one where Steve Smith scored in OT) with draw plays on third-and-long. Maybe he thinks they will keep working. [LOL]

HawkEye30
04-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Personally I'm excited for the hawk's primetime games. Being on the east coast it's pretty rare to see their game. I'm glad I can finally see them, hell I don't even care if they win lol

bucfan12
04-20-2011, 05:54 PM
How the heck did Denver get 2 prime time games? Oh wait, the NFL consistantly gets a boner whenever they hear the name Tim Tebow.

BaLLiN
04-20-2011, 07:23 PM

they both finished 6-10, im guessing washington and dallas split their 2 games, and then dallas had a better division record

49erNation85
04-20-2011, 08:28 PM
How the heck did Denver get 2 prime time games? Oh wait, the NFL consistently gets a boner whenever they hear the name Tim Tebow.

Don't be a hater man.Tebow will rock the NFL this season if he gets to start over Orton.

bucfan12
04-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Don't be a hater man.Tebow will rock the NFL this season if he gets to start over Orton.

I really haven't hated on Tim Tebow. I for one think his attitude and determination will help him start in this league.

However, he's proved nothing to me yet and the fact that so many people are 'sniffing his jock strap' is ridiculous. I mean, as soon as he was drafted, even before that, he got so much publicity. Heck, he got all the attention sitting on the bench or running a wild cat play here and there, while Kyle Orton was having a very good season.

I don't care what anyone says, the Broncos are better with Orton starting, not Tebow.

Ness
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM

Yeah I just hope we don't get our asses kicked by the Ravens like the last time we went there.

boknows34
04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
The recently released NFL schedule leaves open the possibility that there could be no games the first three scheduled weeks and all 16 regular-season games could still be played.

Every game in Week 3 has teams which share the same bye week later in the season. That means the teams could make up that week's games on what was originally scheduled to be their bye.

The NFL also could lose the week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl, and has secured hotel rooms in Indianapolis -- site of the Super Bowl XLVI -- for two weeks, meaning the Super Bowl could be played a week later than its originally scheduled date of Feb. 5, 2012.

The NFL season is scheduled to begin on Sept. 8, with a full slate of games on Sept. 11-12. That means the league could start the season as late as Oct. 2, 2011 and still finish the Super Bowl by Feb. 12, 2012.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6404790

Schefter also just tweeted that there are no divisional games in Week 4 and according to Elias Sports Bureau, there never has been a week without a divisional game since the merger in 1970.

RealityCheck
04-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I just wish the panthers would have gotten just 1 primetime game. All our games are 1:00 starts except for our homeopener, which is a 4:15 start. Plus on top of that we have the hardest ranked schedule. I could easily see the panthers picking 1st again.
Looking at their schedule, I say there's a high chance that they'll go 0-16, specially if they pick Newton.

CashmoneyDrew
04-22-2011, 02:13 PM
No way in hell we go that bad. We can beat the Texans and Jags once at least, we can beat the Bills, Panthers, Broncos, Bengals as well...we could for sure get 6 wins. Especially with Ponder at the helm.

IDK. I can see us getting swept in the division. Denver beat us last year in Tennessee when we were better and they couldn't be any worse. The Bills will be a little better this year.

Panthers and Bengals are possible wins. Depends on the moves the Bengals make with their vets.

TitanHope
04-22-2011, 02:35 PM
IDK. I can see us getting swept in the division. Denver beat us last year in Tennessee when we were better and they couldn't be any worse. The Bills will be a little better this year.

Panthers and Bengals are possible wins. Depends on the moves the Bengals make with their vets.

I love how the home/away games ended up. I wanna go to the Ravens game soooo baaaad!

boknows34
04-22-2011, 06:34 PM
From Pro Football Talk:

Another day, another interesting nugget about the newly released NFL schedule, once again showing that the league office planned the 2011 season with the possibility of canceling some early games in mind.

Yesterday the story was that the first three weeks of the season could easily be postponed and made up later, thanks to the scheduling of every teamís bye weeks, and the schedule for the weeks before and after the Super Bowl.

Today itís another story along the same lines: Adam Schefter of ESPN points out that there are no divisional games in either Week Two or Week Four of the regular season. Furthermore, the 16 teams that are at home Week Two are the same 16 teams on the road Week Four.

What that means is that if Week Two and Week Four were completely scrapped, the NFL could still keep every divisional game, and still make sure every team got an equal number of home and road games (seven each, instead of eight each). So if the lockout extends into October and the NFL shortens the season to 14 games, the two weeks of regular-season games canceled wouldnít necessarily be Weeks One and Two. It would probably be Weeks Two and Four.

Although itís not clear what, exactly, the NFL would do if the lockout extends beyond the start of the regular season, it is clear that the NFL built a few different possibilities for canceling or postponing games into this yearís schedule. The Elias Sports Bureau says there has never been a week without a divisional game since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, but this year there will be two, done to provide the NFL with some flexibility if the labor situation goes from bad to worse.

Tom Servo
04-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Browns will be 10-1 going into week 13.

kalbears13
04-23-2011, 09:12 PM
The Browns don't play the Ravens or the Steelers until Week 13? Is that weird or is that just me?

falloutboy14
04-23-2011, 09:25 PM
They've been delaying the divisional games more so that the division races aren't decided in week 11. In theory, even if Baltimore/Pittsburgh jump out to an early lead, the Browns are still in it late into the season if they win those games.

I think last year the Titans had 5 division games in the last 7 weeks.

stephenson86
04-24-2011, 08:11 AM
They've been delaying the divisional games more so that the division races aren't decided in week 11. In theory, even if Baltimore/Pittsburgh jump out to an early lead, the Browns are still in it late into the season if they win those games.

I think last year the Titans had 5 division games in the last 7 weeks.

Yea we played most of our division games in the last weeks of the season.